Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,669
Default Kobe NT Notable Nicknames Auto Value??

I am asking on behalf of a friend who was lucky enough to receive this card as replacement for a couple of sweet cards that probably wont get produced, but I/we are struggling to come to an approximate value on it.

According to the Panini checklist, these were /99 in the set, however this is /35. There was a sale on eBay for a graded 9.5 that recently sold for $2250 and the seller mentions that it is a 'gold parallel'.

Just wondering if anyone knows about these parallels and also, what difference it would be for a non slabbed version?
Thanks for all or any help!


drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Whodey14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,664
Default

Probably 600-800
__________________
Looking for and buying any and all Ken Andersons I need and I am even looking for numerous doubles.

** Looking for 1953 Bowman Color PSA 5 or better cards **
Whodey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
kobe824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 2,868
Default

The /99 version he inscribed Black Mamaba on the /35 he inscribed MVP
kobe824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey14 View Post
Probably 600-800
So a bgs 9.5 would add $1600 to the price? Or is it that you don't think the recent sale is legit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe824 View Post
The /99 version he inscribed Black Mamaba on the /35 he inscribed MVP
I thought it may be a different inscription. Thanks!

Still odd that Panini doesn't have the /35 version in the checklist??
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
So a bgs 9.5 would add $1600 to the price? Or is it that you don't think the recent sale is legit?



I thought it may be a different inscription. Thanks!

Still odd that Panini doesn't have the /35 version in the checklist??
I remember a thread here with someone else getting this card as a redemption replacement, they were not pack inserted, but as I recall, he got well over a grand for his raw. Try searching for the thread if you have time, I couldn't find it again. But definitely a rare card as they only send them out for replacements.
__________________
"Can you please let me know how you run that metric on ebay?"
sesmarine04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
DeRozan#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 840
Default

Back in May one sold for $950 raw. These were only sent as replacements from what I know.
DeRozan#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
PDawson21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In A House
Posts: 5,476
Default

Wish the Auto didnt run off, sick card!
__________________
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Brandon Marshall
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
brandonlec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,143
Default

Even though these cards are /35, there are ones where he inscribes MVP and ones where he inscribes Black Mamba. The Black Mamba ones are more valuable. I'd have to say this MVP one would sell $650-$700.

-Brandon
__________________
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/brandonlec/

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
brandonlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
thepinoymamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,377
Default

at least $1000.... congratulations on the card
__________________


Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
spinotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
Even though these cards are /35, there are ones where he inscribes MVP and ones where he inscribes Black Mamba. The Black Mamba ones are more valuable. I'd have to say this MVP one would sell $650-$700.

-Brandon
I think MVP /35 for now is more desirable, as they are harder to get because of rarer print run and not widely circulated (but only gradually show up from redemption of old Nickname redemption or redemption replacement). People who might already have Blk Mamba or multiple copies might want this. Auto scripted off the card will take some value off. But this one looks much cleaner than a sloppy one previously sold (but that one has extra 24 added which seems rare).

Good luck. 1k plus for sure IMO.
__________________
Mainly collecting Kobe and Jordan cards.

PLMK if you want to sell cards which I might need. Thx!
spinotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Gambit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post
I think MVP /35 for now is more desirable, as they are harder to get because of rarer print run and not widely circulated (but only gradually show up from redemption of old Nickname redemption or redemption replacement). People who might already have Blk Mamba or multiple copies might want this. Auto scripted off the card will take some value off. But this one looks much cleaner than a sloppy one previously sold (but that one has extra 24 added which seems rare).

Good luck. 1k plus for sure IMO.
Even though the MVP-inscribed version is out of /35, I think the Black Mamba inscribed version is still more valuable since the title of the card is "Notable Nicknames" and it is one of Kobe's "official" nicknames



Now, if the #/35 version was inscribed one of Kobe's other nicknames such as "the Assassin", then it definitely would change my opinion.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
nateadams2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,870
Default

melo's is numbered /10. recently worked a deal for his for 600. i know that kobe is much more valuable than melo, but /10 compared to /35 would close the gap a little bit. i'd say i agree with the above post putting the kobe value around 700, with 850 being the absolute ceiling.

__________________
Carmelo Anthony collector........
Always looking for 1/1's, Jersey #'d, Autos, Patches
Now collecting both KNICKS and NUGGETS uni cards
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
ivbaseball06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 2,624
Default

I was the first person given one of these as a replacement. Yours is only the 4th one I have seen. They were not pack inserted. They were made to be given out as high-end replacements, so to the best of my knowledge there are 31 still sitting at Panini.

Kobe collectors are crazy, so sell it before more come out. Mine was the first to hit the market and I sold it for $1600 cash. PM me if you want any more info.
__________________
SELLING The Ohio State Buckeyes Supercollection!
Albums: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/ivbaseball06
Paypal address: jordan.lawver@gmail.com
ivbaseball06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
ivbaseball06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 2,624
Default

Here's mine for proof:



__________________
SELLING The Ohio State Buckeyes Supercollection!
Albums: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/ivbaseball06
Paypal address: jordan.lawver@gmail.com
ivbaseball06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
screamingdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,995
Default

the MVP is much more rare and haven't been given out as replacements too often. i paid about $700 for the Black Mamba version last year and i'd put the MVP version, depending on how many actually hit the open market, at $900-$1400 or so. i've got a lot of outstanding Panini redemptions, including another Kobe auto, and I may ask for an MVP inscribed auto soon.
__________________
Huh?
screamingdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
spinotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
Even though the MVP-inscribed version is out of /35, I think the Black Mamba inscribed version is still more valuable since the title of the card is "Notable Nicknames" and it is one of Kobe's "official" nicknames

Now, if the #/35 version was inscribed one of Kobe's other nicknames such as "the Assassin", then it definitely would change my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
melo's is numbered /10. recently worked a deal for his for 600. i know that kobe is much more valuable than melo, but /10 compared to /35 would close the gap a little bit. i'd say i agree with the above post putting the kobe value around 700, with 850 being the absolute ceiling.
Sounds good to me. OP, if you want a deal, I'm willing to do direct paypal at absolute ceiling price 850. PM me if you want to work this out. Thanks.
__________________
Mainly collecting Kobe and Jordan cards.

PLMK if you want to sell cards which I might need. Thx!
spinotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmarine04 View Post
I remember a thread here with someone else getting this card as a redemption replacement, they were not pack inserted, but as I recall, he got well over a grand for his raw. Try searching for the thread if you have time, I couldn't find it again. But definitely a rare card as they only send them out for replacements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRozan#1Fan View Post
Back in May one sold for $950 raw. These were only sent as replacements from what I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
Even though these cards are /35, there are ones where he inscribes MVP and ones where he inscribes Black Mamba. The Black Mamba ones are more valuable. I'd have to say this MVP one would sell $650-$700.

-Brandon


Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post
I think MVP /35 for now is more desirable, as they are harder to get because of rarer print run and not widely circulated (but only gradually show up from redemption of old Nickname redemption or redemption replacement). People who might already have Blk Mamba or multiple copies might want this. Auto scripted off the card will take some value off. But this one looks much cleaner than a sloppy one previously sold (but that one has extra 24 added which seems rare).

Good luck. 1k plus for sure IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivbaseball06 View Post
I was the first person given one of these as a replacement. Yours is only the 4th one I have seen. They were not pack inserted. They were made to be given out as high-end replacements, so to the best of my knowledge there are 31 still sitting at Panini.

Kobe collectors are crazy, so sell it before more come out. Mine was the first to hit the market and I sold it for $1600 cash. PM me if you want any more info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingdc View Post
the MVP is much more rare and haven't been given out as replacements too often. i paid about $700 for the Black Mamba version last year and i'd put the MVP version, depending on how many actually hit the open market, at $900-$1400 or so. i've got a lot of outstanding Panini redemptions, including another Kobe auto, and I may ask for an MVP inscribed auto soon.
Awesome! Thanks for your help fellas!


Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post
Sounds good to me. OP, if you want a deal, I'm willing to do direct paypal at absolute ceiling price 850. PM me if you want to work this out. Thanks.
Whose 'ceiling' price was that??
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
ivbaseball06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 2,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post
Sounds good to me. OP, if you want a deal, I'm willing to do direct paypal at absolute ceiling price 850. PM me if you want to work this out. Thanks.
LOLOLOLOLOL

Don't sell it for a dime under $1500 net.
__________________
SELLING The Ohio State Buckeyes Supercollection!
Albums: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/ivbaseball06
Paypal address: jordan.lawver@gmail.com
ivbaseball06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivbaseball06 View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL

Don't sell it for a dime under $1500 net.
hahaha! Thanks mate! Appreciate that!

I did take that as a "$850??? I would buy it in a heartbeat at $850" sort of thing! hahaha
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Gambit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivbaseball06 View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL

Don't sell it for a dime under $1500 net.
then the Black Mamba inscribed version is worth $________? [fill in the blank]
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
brentus777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
melo's is numbered /10. recently worked a deal for his for 600. i know that kobe is much more valuable than melo, but /10 compared to /35 would close the gap a little bit. i'd say i agree with the above post putting the kobe value around 700, with 850 being the absolute ceiling.

thats flat out the nicest mello card ive ever seen.... sorry for the hi-jack!
__________________
Bucket:

http://s670.photobucket.com/user/brentus777/library/For%20Sale%20or%20Trade?sort=6&page=1
brentus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
ivbaseball06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 2,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
then the Black Mamba inscribed version is worth $________? [fill in the blank]
$700-900 is what they've sold for in the past
__________________
SELLING The Ohio State Buckeyes Supercollection!
Albums: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/ivbaseball06
Paypal address: jordan.lawver@gmail.com
ivbaseball06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,669
Default

The variation in this card's value is amazing! haha

Had a few offers just under $1K, but want to get $1200 for it. Considering the BGS 9.5 sold for $2250, is the $1200 not reasonable??

I guess what I am asking is, how much should the grade add on?
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
melo's is numbered /10. recently worked a deal for his for 600. i know that kobe is much more valuable than melo, but /10 compared to /35 would close the gap a little bit. i'd say i agree with the above post putting the kobe value around 700, with 850 being the absolute ceiling.

those are the sickest melo knicks cards! too bad you weren't going after em hard one sat on the bay for 3 or 4 days at 350 BIN before someone scooped it up...it slipped my mind or it'd be in my collection! might have been this one lol...
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.