Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdownunder View Post
^this^ ------ if the trade is for financial gain, take the green all day long
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
I'd take the GREEN!

Exquisite Jordan memorabilia/autograph cards are a dime a dozen these days.... how about the future when they make another 10,000,000 of them? Jordan autos and jersey/patch cards are already watered down, and to me, Exquisite is just another patch/auto just like any other, no difference.

As for the Green/10............ exactly, there are only 10! If you wanna count the 97-98's, then there are a total of 20!

It's still 20 vs. 30,000,000 auto/gu combos out there.... pretty simply for me to pick.
If there are 30 million auto/gu MJ combos out there, there are about 999999999999999999 non auto/gu with some foil on them. Another litmus test - go show your unborn grandkids or a random sports fan who doesn't collect cards both of these and see which one draws the oohs and ahs. Both are nice, but that exquisite is the sickness.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK8283 View Post
If there are 30 million auto/gu MJ combos out there, there are about 999999999999999999 non auto/gu with some foil on them. Another litmus test - go show your unborn grandkids or a random sports fan who doesn't collect cards both of these and see which one draws the oohs and ahs. Both are nice, but that exquisite is the sickness.
The Green's stand alone............ imo

I agree when you say about kids and strangers, i've actually done this a few times and people were amazed at my auto and gu cards, and I think i've mentioned it here a few times..... But yeah, to a collector, all that should matter is what HE thinks about it, and don't worry about strangers..... At the end of the day, if a person is happy with what they have in their collection, then that's all that really matters, and you enjoy them more!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
lol...

Let's just saw for a second that UD made 10 each year for the next 10 years.... Which the WON'T. But let's just saw they will. Ok, so now you have 120 of them total, period end of story.

Now just take one Jordan Exquisite which was numbered to what, 75 or 100? And that's just ONE particular set, from ONE particular YEAR!!!! lol

Trust me, the Green is a better card for the serious collector. And no, they won't be making a Jordan Green year after year, I really doubt it. But even if they did, it still wouldn't be as watered down.

Don't worry what others think is the "cool" thing to collect, because they themselves were brain washed by others telling them that it was so cool to collect lol smh

Collect what YOU love, and you only. You will feel better about your collection at the end of the day. If you like the Green better then do it with no problems. Exquisite is not all that it's been hyped to be. Just another patch/auto card to me like any other. A rare card is a rare card. If a card is numbered to, 25 for example, then it's exactly that! No difference to the true collector.

Now............. if the card in question, the Green, has an ugly line through it, then I wouldn't do the trade at all. But, if you can live with that, then that's your thing, but i'm just saying that I could never have a card with a line like that.

Anyway, good luck whatever you deceide, but remember, go with your heart and passion for cards! Not what others heard was the cool thing to do......... SMH
Why do you always say that? I am sure he is a grown man and knows that already
AllStars2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStars2324 View Post
Why do you always say that? I am sure he is a grown man and knows that already
lol... what is it to you!? This thread was asking what I(and others) thought, so there you have it. But don't answer "what is it to you" because I don't care...
Old 10-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #80 (permalink)
Banned

I would take a green with no refractor lines over the auto patch but not the with a line .

I hate patch cards . Everytime I come on this site there is a thread how a patch card is faked or replaced . I cannot buy a durant exquisite because I just don't know if its altered . I know these scammers are getting better and better at it and bgs is actually grading them .

It has yet to be determined how many of the 10 will have this line . UD did this on purpose I believe .

Last edited by pepsiporch; 10-01-2012 at 10:19 PM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
lol... what is it to you!? This thread was asking what I(and others) thought, so there you have it. But don't answer "what is it to you" because I don't care...
LOL it doesn't matter to me, it seems like common sense and doesn't have to be repeated all the time though
Old 10-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL it doesn't matter to me, it seems like common sense and doesn't have to be repeated all the time though
Well it seems you do care since you used the icon.... so you're sick of hearing that? I guess I better start using it more........

I think this is the first time I ever told this person this, and even if it wasn't......... which it is.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Well it seems you do care since you used the icon.... so you're sick of hearing that? I guess I better start using it more........

I think this is the first time I ever told this person this, and even if it wasn't......... which it is.
Huh? Why would I ever care? I am not a child so I know to collect what I like... Maybe you have just taken a preacher like role on this site because I can't think of any reason it needs to be said all the time. I would show you many other times you have said it but don't wanna go through your 5,000 + posts
Old 10-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Huh? Why would I ever care? I am not a child so I know to collect what I like... Maybe you have just taken a preacher like role on this site because I can't think of any reason it needs to be said all the time. I would show you many other times you have said it but don't wanna go through your 5,000 + posts
SMH.... Wow....
Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
SMH.... Wow....
SMH SMH
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
SMH SMH
You're not a child?.................................

Ok, since you're not a child, i'll let you have "the last" word. Go for it!!! SMH
Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
You're not a child?.................................

Ok, since you're not a child, i'll let you have "the last" word. Go for it!!! SMH
Childs are people that repeat the same things over and over and have the time to posts 5k + times on cards. If by saving that, and needing to have the "last word", so be it SMH
Old 10-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #88 (permalink)
Inactive Account

With all due respect you would be an idiot to make that trade. IMHO.
marquettebull06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #89 (permalink)

I think a better and more interesting question would be:

If a collector bought a 09-10 Exq RPA flashback MJ /23 shortly after it was released (4-7k back then), would it be wise for him to trade for a 11-12 Fleer Retro green MJ /10 without line and with perfect corners? For PC or resell or otherwise.

If one already bought flashback /23 at 20k plus and he is about to trade it for a green /10 with a line, then it's a no brainer.

PLMK if you want to sell cards which I might need. Thx!
spinotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #90 (permalink)
Banned

can someone explain the whole 'refractor line' thing?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post
I think a better and more interesting question would be:

If a collector bought a 09-10 Exq RPA flashback MJ /23 shortly after it was released (4-7k back then), would it be wise for him to trade for a 11-12 Fleer Retro green MJ /10 without line and with perfect corners? For PC or resell or otherwise.

If one already bought flashback /23 at 20k plus and he is about to trade it for a green /10 with a line, then it's a no brainer.
Can it be we have someone who thinks outside of the box!?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
can someone explain the whole 'refractor line' thing?
Ugly line... which you can see between the E & C in the word "Precious" and it goes all the way down.

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Precious Metal Gems Blue PMG #02/50 SP MJ | eBay

Below is one without the ugly line....

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Bulls UNC Precious Metal Gem PMG Blue #28/50! | eBay
Old 10-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #93 (permalink)
Banned

Did the original pmg s have refractor lines ?

This thread was made with no intentions of a trade . Why would someone first of all break up the set . It was done to get a reaction and to say exquisite flashback is worth more then the green retro pmg .
I will tell you one thing Retro has raised the bar on Pre-orders for high end basketball . You will not get a box of exquisite or National treasures for under $550-600 again . I would say nt will be at $650 a box on pre order .

Last edited by pepsiporch; 10-01-2012 at 11:47 PM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #94 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Ugly line... which you can see between the E & C in the word "Precious" and it goes all the way down.

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Precious Metal Gems Blue PMG #02/50 SP MJ | eBay

Below is one without the ugly line....

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Bulls UNC Precious Metal Gem PMG Blue #28/50! | eBay
so was it just error in making the card or is it on purpose?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Definitely not done on purpose imo. I wouldn't call it an error card, but just some damage? Whatever you call it, the line is not supposed to be there.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #96 (permalink)

if u like the green go for it, if u cant live without the retro then u have your answer. lol
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
its just a printing imperfection. some make a huge deal out of it, others don't care much. you have some ref lines that are more prominent, some are light and not very noticeable (just like some edge chipping is horrible, some not so bad). some people act as if ref line means the card is junk which is pretty daffy imo
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:03 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdownunder View Post
its just a printing imperfection. some make a huge deal out of it, others don't care much. you have some ref lines that are more prominent, some are light and not very noticeable (just like some edge chipping is horrible, some not so bad). some people act as if ref line means the card is junk which is pretty daffy imo
It's very interesting to see everyone's view on this. Me personally, I couldn't live with a card with a line, and would probably sell or trade it, if possible... You may be right though, probably not as a big of deal as i'm thinking? But still... haha especially when there is more choices out there for one without.

I would probably go with bad edges before a line between the card, but I can't stand edge wear as well. If you can hardly see it then I can give edge damage a pass... but one that just smacks you in the face every time you look at the card? No way
Old 10-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #99 (permalink)

I don't think refractor lines are a big deal, they are common in the 90's inserts too. But, if you are a person that likes to have cards graded, the refractor line automatically brings the surface sub-grade down to an 8. So, it's pretty much impossible to have a mint or gem mint copy of a card with a refractor line.
jeebus_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #100 (permalink)

Absolutely, positively, NOT...No way, no how. That Exquisite is leaps and bounds better then basically something that at the end of the day is just an insert card. Especially this year's 11-12 ones which are sorely overhyped.

That's just my opinion though As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whatever makes you the happiest man
justdagoodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote