Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #126 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
Do not do the deal. The Exquisite Patch Auto is way better. Fleer Retro was a huge hit for a struggling company, which leads me to believe 10 more green Jordans will be hitting the market next year....and the next year....and the next year. Theres still too much hype around the PMG, the prices will be coming down, not up. The Exquisite has withstood the test of time and the arrow is pointing slightly up while the retro pmg's are pointing down.

Making this trade would be falling victim to fad/trend. That never works out in someones favor. THERES A REASON someone wants to make this trade with you lol
If you read what the OP wrote, he offered the retro patch up for the green PMG. The seller quickly responded with a yes, which left the OP thinking about the trade.

IF I had to guess the reason why the PMG would take the offer quickly and leave money on the table?
1. He is into the green pmg for nothing because he pulled it from a box/case
2. There is a refractor line which is lacking interest in the card.

If I pulled a green PMG out of 1 box or 1 case, Id trade it down for something I really wanted as well, knowing full well how much im into the card.

I think the OP should keep his retro and buy a pmg green if he desires.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #127 (permalink)

Make the trade. Sell the green for $30K+ immediately.

Wait a few months/years and when the Jordan Exquisite bubble bursts buy your card back for $7000.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Do not do the deal. The Exquisite Patch Auto is way better. Fleer Retro was a huge hit for a struggling company, which leads me to believe 10 more green Jordans will be hitting the market next year....and the next year....and the next year. Theres still too much hype around the PMG, the prices will be coming down, not up. The Exquisite has withstood the test of time and the arrow is pointing slightly up while the retro pmg's are pointing down.

Making this trade would be falling victim to fad/trend. That never works out in someones favor. THERES A REASON someone wants to make this trade with you lol
by that logic there would be reason to not do any trade. how many trades have you done where the other fella doesn't want to do the trade?
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
If you read what the OP wrote, he offered the retro patch up for the green PMG. The seller quickly responded with a yes, which left the OP thinking about the trade.

IF I had to guess the reason why the PMG would take the offer quickly and leave money on the table?

If I pulled a green PMG out of 1 box or 1 case, Id trade it down for something I really wanted as well, knowing full well how much im into the card.

this whole thread is daffy as you pointed out since the op never had any interest in doing the trade. six pages of debating a trade that had no chance of happening
Old 10-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdownunder View Post
by that logic there would be reason to not do any trade. how many trades have you done where the other fella doesn't want to do the trade?
I was referencing the fact that its believed the Jordan green is worth more $ right now. Most trades are close to perceived equal value.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #131 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdownunder View Post
this whole thread is daffy as you pointed out since the op never had any interest in doing the trade. six pages of debating a trade that had no chance of happening
Its weird..

OP asks whether to make the trade.
OP admits he offered the card up for trade
OP then admits to wanting reassurance for not trading.

I dont get it. WHy did the OP offer the trade in the first place if he had no intentions on trading? Or just backed out after making the offer. Either way, like Ive stated before, you buy what you like. Dont let others make your collecting decisions for you.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #132 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I was referencing the fact that its believed the Jordan green is worth more $ right now. Most trades are close to perceived equal value.
What can they sell forright now?

Green MJ PMG: $20k estimate?

Retro MJ Patch: how much do you estimate? more than $20k right now?

not later, because the deal is being done now.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post

Wait a few months/years and when the Jordan Exquisite bubble bursts buy your card back for $7000.
[yeah man. just buy that card again. i see it come up for sale every weekend at my local swap meet. (sarcasm)] i dunno how much the OP spent, but i've never seen that card go for as cheap as $7k even before the MJ explosion over the last few years.

OP - if you really can't live without the card in your set. i'd just keep it and not do the trade. if you're interested in making a healthy profit, saving some for real life use and some to play within the hobby, then do the trade.

those high end 11/12 PMGs are extremely risky. you think since one went for $30k the next one will do the same or similar? i highly doubt it. its not like there are that many people with $20k-$30k lying around any given week. a lot of the non MJ ones have already gone down considerably since it first was release and it hasn't even been 2 months.

sure i could be wrong...and two people get in a bidding war and the PMG goes for $40k. my point is... the odds are against you. i would proceed with caution.

personally that MJ exquisite flashback is one of my dream cards. so i would just keep that instead of having a knockoff PMG. if anything, i would consider trading the MJ flashback for a REAL MJ PMG.
Diakonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #134 (permalink)

For those defending either of these cards, and I see people "speculating" that a so and so card is worth $30,000 - what exactly are any of your qualifications to make such outlandish estimates?

Have any of you guys ever spent over $20,000 on a single card before? I know a few here have, and perhaps they have better insight on the "value" of a card rather than someone who has never even spent over $1000 for a single card before.

Until you have actually done so, I question some of the people on these boards giving price values for very expensive cards - if you have no intention or do not have the means to do it, can you really give a realistic value on a "five figure card". Methinks reality is skewed for many folks on here.....
hermanotarjeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #135 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanotarjeta View Post
For those defending either of these cards, and I see people "speculating" that a so and so card is worth $30,000 - what exactly are any of your qualifications to make such outlandish estimates?

Have any of you guys ever spent over $20,000 on a single card before? I know a few here have, and perhaps they have better insight on the "value" of a card rather than someone who has never even spent over $1000 for a single card before.

Until you have actually done so, I question some of the people on these boards giving price values for very expensive cards - if you have no intention or do not have the means to do it, can you really give a realistic value on a "five figure card". Methinks reality is skewed for many folks on here.....
There is a whole different world of collectors out there .

After seeing a auction like this that ended today . I would trade for the green in a heartbeat
Bob McAdoo 11-12 Fleer Retro Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems #02/10 | eBay

I don't see and Bob McAdoo Flashback getting this
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #136 (permalink)
Banned

I wouldn't do it, Your Exquisite Retro MJ is one of the most sought after
Exquisites out on the market.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #137 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanotarjeta View Post

This is what im talking about. Setting a "Tier" leven amongst card collectors. Doesnt exist in any sport except basketball.

To answer your question, those who spend $20k on cards are less knowledgable about the hobby and card prices than those who dont spend 20k on a single card.

Just because I dont own a Ferrari doesnt mean I cant afford one and because I dont own one doesnt mean I dont know how to drive fast either! But I guess in this hobby, the more $$ you spend on cards makes you a "Master"? or makes you the end all of facts? Is that what you are saying here? Because to me it sure seems like a case of "Unless you spend $20k on a card, you dont know jack about cards" mentality.

This was a miff question asked by the OP who clearly knew what he was doing. He offered up the card. Then when got a reply for a trade pretty quick, he rethought it. Simple as that.

As to which card you would take? Who knows and who cares. Isnt that the end goal of collecting? To be content or happy with buying, trading or selling for whatever it is that made you happy? Or is it about coming out ahead and $$ valuing ? If its all about the "Bengamins" then this hobby isnt the best place to make bets!!

This is just another prime example of people looking or wanting to "Fit in" and be "popular" based on the cards in their collection. If the majority of the boards tell you to keep that MJ Exquisite because THEY like it much better, how does that fulfill your collecting goals? If they choose to like PMG green, how would that fulfill your collecting goals? The ONLY question and answer that should be here is whatever the OP wants. Not everyone else.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 10-03-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post
keep the retro!....I hd a deal to buy a retro at $18k and now he wants more....the mj green will drop in value and it will not hold its value over time.....the original green with his pro uniform will
Yes, I'll hold it!!! Really, recently did you had a deal for a Retro? Which numered? Have you a pic?
verona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:

Yes, it's a right REASON!!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:

What does it means OP?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verona View Post
What does it means OP?
OP = Original Poster. Which means you.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:

BINGO!!!

My guess is, even lower than 7k... more like 3k to 4k or less, if the right person comes along. These "sales" can't last forever, and the prices WILL go down.

I think the Fleer Retro Green/10 will do very well in the future.

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #143 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Do not let go of that Jordan Exquisite!....If you do, you take the chance of never seeing it again!

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
This is what im talking about. Setting a "Tier" leven amongst card collectors. Doesnt exist in any sport except basketball.

To answer your question, those who spend $20k on cards are less knowledgable about the hobby and card prices than those who dont spend 20k on a single card.

Just because I dont own a Ferrari doesnt mean I cant afford one and because I dont own one doesnt mean I dont know how to drive fast either! But I guess in this hobby, the more $$ you spend on cards makes you a "Master"? or makes you the end all of facts? Is that what you are saying here? Because to me it sure seems like a case of "Unless you spend $20k on a card, you dont know jack about cards" mentality.

This was a miff question asked by the OP who clearly knew what he was doing. He offered up the card. Then when got a reply for a trade pretty quick, he rethought it. Simple as that.

As to which card you would take? Who knows and who cares. Isnt that the end goal of collecting? To be content or happy with buying, trading or selling for whatever it is that made you happy? Or is it about coming out ahead and $$ valuing ? If its all about the "Bengamins" then this hobby isnt the best place to make bets!!

This is just another prime example of people looking or wanting to "Fit in" and be "popular" based on the cards in their collection. If the majority of the boards tell you to keep that MJ Exquisite because THEY like it much better, how does that fulfill your collecting goals? If they choose to like PMG green, how would that fulfill your collecting goals? The ONLY question and answer that should be here is whatever the OP wants. Not everyone else.
I'm agree with you, no matter what type of collection you have, but the passion with which it is done. So who have cards of value, don't have more experienced than others. It 'also true that you have to collect what you like, not what others would recommend to you. Mine was more of a way to get a reaction about Exquisite against Fleer Retro. I know well what are the cards that I love and MJ Retro Flashback is one of those.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #145 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
What does it means OP?
in post 114 of this thread...

Quote:
Yes, it's right! I was curious to know some others opinions!
I was a little doubtful, because the seller of this MJ PMG Green tell me immediatelly YES, when I proposed this trade!!!!!!!

So I assumed you made the initial contact and offer to him? Based on this, it means you were interested in that PMG green. I dont know what changed your mind but it is what I used as information to you wanting a pmg green MJ. I think you should keep the retro since you have the whole set.

Some have said that this PMG green MJ is easier to find than the MJ retro patch. In my opinion it is not. There are 10, and if you give it 4 yrs like you given 09 exquisite for this card to be alloted to PCs, youll see how rare it pops up.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diakonos View Post
OP = Original Poster. Which means you.
Ah, THANKS! I'm not american and sometime I have difficulties with your abbreviations
Old 10-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #147 (permalink)

Sell the Green for 30K? To WHO? You buying Bro? The seller will throw in a free refractor line too

Quote:

Collecting Bulls Players 3 Color GU Patch Cards.
thecomebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
in post 114 of this thread...

So I assumed you made the initial contact and offer to him? Based on this, it means you were interested in that PMG green. I dont know what changed your mind but it is what I used as information to you wanting a pmg green MJ. I think you should keep the retro since you have the whole set.

Some have said that this PMG green MJ is easier to find than the MJ retro patch. In my opinion it is not. There are 10, and if you give it 4 yrs like you given 09 exquisite for this card to be alloted to PCs, youll see how rare it pops up.
I proposed the trade because I was curious if he would say yes or no
Old 10-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Ah, THANKS! I'm not american and sometime I have difficulties with your abbreviations
no worries.

fyi (for your information) ive physically held your jerry rice flashback. it was in my close friends (lincecumpc) personal collection before he made a deal he couldn't pass up.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
I proposed the trade because I was curious if he would say yes or no
good to hear that not just this thread was for kicks and giggles