Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I drive to work. So according to you my boss is allowed to come in to me tomorrow and say, "You no longer can drive to work. I want you to take the subway and then a bus to work. See you tomorrow at 9."

And I have to just 'get with the program'.

LOL seems right
thats so far from what is going on with royce...your analogy isn't accurate at all.

there is ONE way its done. you go from city to city and EVERYONE takes the plane. its the practical way to get from city to city which is far away and you have to be there by a certain time. its really not that hard to understand. these teams go across country a lot. and sometimes overseas.

BTW there are plenty of jobs which require you to have a car to get to certain places on time. thats not discriminatory, its just practical.
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
Assuming you don't have a contract that says otherwise, yeah, that's pretty much how it works. If it wasn't, why do you think White didn't just sign the contract and say, "I'm not flying with you guys, I'm taking a bus, see ya in Atlanta?" He knows Houston can require him to fly, that's why he isn't signing unless it's in the contract that he can drive to games. Really man, stop rolling your eyes and pick up a book. Probably should stop throwing around "ignorant," too.
So now it has to do with a contract? Before it was he just needs to suck it up but now its in his contract. I would love to see where it is in a players contract that they have to fly to every game with the team?

Oh and it looks like the Rockets are rational (unlike you):

Royce White, Houston Rockets work on 'innovative' travel plan - ESPN

Royce White says agreement in place to return to Rockets pending - Houston weather, traffic, news | FOX 26 | MyFoxHouston
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
thats so far from what is going on with royce...your analogy isn't accurate at all.

there is ONE way its done. you go from city to city and EVERYONE takes the plane. its the practical way to get from city to city which is far away and you have to be there by a certain time. its really not that hard to understand. these teams go across country a lot. and sometimes overseas.

BTW there are plenty of jobs which require you to have a car to get to certain places on time. thats not discriminatory, its just practical.
your argument doesn't make sense. there is one way its done? isn't that the issue. saying there is one way is stupid. because there is obviously more then one way and thats what he is trying to figure out. seems like the rockets agree that there is more then ONE way.

nba teams almost never go overseas... really why do you keep throwing that around.

thanks for talking with me again though
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
gamboooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 4,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
So now it has to do with a contract? Before it was he just needs to suck it up but now its in his contract. I would love to see where it is in a players contract that they have to fly to every game with the team?

Oh and it looks like the Rockets are rational (unlike you):

Royce White, Houston Rockets work on 'innovative' travel plan - ESPN

Royce White says agreement in place to return to Rockets pending - Houston weather, traffic, news | FOX 26 | MyFoxHouston
Jesus man...

You asked if your boss could require you to do whatever, the answer is yes if you're an at-will employee. If you have a contract, his demands have to be in-line with the contract.

In White's case, traveling with the team is either a reasonable expectation or explicitly in the deal. He didn't show up day 1 because he wanted to be able to travel by bus and needed that language in his deal. Of course the Rockets were going to make some allowances for the guy, they wouldn't have drafted him otherwise. But they didn't want to give him exactly what he was asking for initially, or there would've been a deal before camp started.

If the Rockets said, "you either fly, or you don't play" and White's contract didn't say he doesn't have to fly, they would have been well within their rights. I'm sorry that reality doesn't align with your bleeding heart perspective.
__________________
When I post a price, I will not respond if you ask for a "best price" of if I "can do any better." If you want a better price than the one posted, please counter-offer.
My PhotoBucket: http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/gamboooler/library/
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
your argument doesn't make sense. there is one way its done? isn't that the issue. saying there is one way is stupid. because there is obviously more then one way and thats what he is trying to figure out. seems like the rockets agree that there is more then ONE way.

nba teams almost never go overseas... really why do you keep throwing that around.

thanks for talking with me again though
haha not really...you're making it seem like asking him to fly in a plane is asking him to do something radical or something lol. like if your boss was to ask you to take a subway or bus to work when you have a car. its not like that at all, and that should be pretty apparent.

the knicks have gone overseas last year for pre season and this year they're playing a regular season game. teams going over seas are going to be happening more and more. but thats hardly even what im talking about.

i want this kid to succeed and i think he's a baller with a lot of potential, but i see where gambooler is coming from, professional sports isnt for everyone.

you acting like you're some kind of beacon for moral standing, is really quite funny.

i know you love to argue so i figure why not throw 2 cents in
its not a shock that its another day and king murrke is in another argument on the forums lol...
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

This guy is a big waste of time....Just ignore him...He has no common sense whatsoever!
__________________
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
This guy is a big waste of time....Just ignore him...He has no common sense what so ever!
nah man, he's really smart and got great morals. we should all strive to be more like him!!
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

So in every NBA players contract it says they have to fly with the team?

If it doesn't say that and all he is wanting to get a specific thing in his contract to not always have to that doesn't fit with what you are arguing.
If its not in his contract they can't force him to do something if it doesn't affect anything that is in his contract...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
This guy is a big waste of time....Just ignore him...He has no common sense whatsoever!
knickpleaser has already tried to ignore me...

that went well right
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
knickpleaser has already tried to ignore me...

that went well right
yeah i took you off ignore because your idiocy is entertaining but once again, you admit that the only reason you're here is to try and annoy people!
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
yeah i took you off ignore because your idiocy is entertaining but once again, you admit that the only reason you're here is to try and annoy people!
I didn't say that. Making stuff up again?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
gamboooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 4,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
So in every NBA players contract it says they have to fly with the team?

If it doesn't say that and all he is wanting to get a specific thing in his contract to not always have to that doesn't fit with what you are arguing.
If its not in his contract they can't force him to do something if it doesn't affect anything that is in his contract...
Have you ever read a standard NBA contract? I have. Again, let me ask you... If Royce White could sign a standard contract and the Rockets couldn't make him fly with the team, then why are they working on "creative solutions" and why is White holding out? Please answer that directly.
__________________
When I post a price, I will not respond if you ask for a "best price" of if I "can do any better." If you want a better price than the one posted, please counter-offer.
My PhotoBucket: http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/gamboooler/library/
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
gamboooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 4,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I didn't say that. Making stuff up again?
It's like a drinking game.
__________________
When I post a price, I will not respond if you ask for a "best price" of if I "can do any better." If you want a better price than the one posted, please counter-offer.
My PhotoBucket: http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/gamboooler/library/
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
Have you ever read a standard NBA contract? I have. Again, let me ask you... If Royce White could sign a standard contract and the Rockets couldn't make him fly with the team, then why are they working on "creative solutions" and why is White holding out? Please answer that directly.
Please link to a copy of the standard contract and where it says a player must fly with the team to every game.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
matfanofold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Obviously it would work much easier for everyone involved if his mental illness was not a factor but it will need to be addressed and accomidated as long as they feel his talent(s) are worth the hassle (no matter how slight). I mean, lets not pretend that many other professional athletes did/do not get prefrencial treatment for things far less 'necessary' as accomidating a mental illness.

I understand the need to conform, to keep things flowing smoothly for the good of the team. However, there are times when accomidating to ones requests based out of necessity can be reasonable as well. AS a professional he has a job that requires being on time to meetings, practices, and games. If these things can be achieved then the accomidation he requests is really a non-issue. And even if there are a scarce few hick-ups due to the travel time needed, then it would still be a very minor infraction to overlook considering the challenge he faces and tries to overcome.

Point being here, I'm sure they both know full well the possible ramifications and to that end I am sure they are going to hash it out.
matfanofold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
It's like a drinking game.
we'd all be DRUNK.
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I didn't say that. Making stuff up again?
you don't have to 'say' it. we all KNOW it by what you say and how you say it
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
you don't have to 'say' it. we all KNOW it by what you say and how you say it
so what do we all KNOW about you?

just face it you like me.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
so what do we all KNOW about you?

just face it you like me.
good one! i like you cuz you're so funny and make such good points

everyone hates ya bud...sorry! maybe you should try acting like less of a tool! although i believe your incapable...
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #70 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

[QUOTE=Knicker_Please;3422550]yeah i took you off ignore because your idiocy is entertaining but once again, you admit that the only reason you're here is to try and annoy people![/QUOTE]

oh and just while we are at it you admitted to making this lie up. good work.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,971
Default

[QUOTE=murrke03;3422655]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
yeah i took you off ignore because your idiocy is entertaining but once again, you admit that the only reason you're here is to try and annoy people![/QUOTE]

oh and just while we are at it you admitted to making this lie up. good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
you don't have to 'say' it. we all KNOW it by what you say and how you say it
^^^^^

can't read? obviously since all you do is fight with people and you keep bragging about being on my ignore, you're admitting that thats you're objective
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 458
Default

This is like beating your head against a brick wall lol

This isn't like the subway thing at all. The teams use the plan rides to talk shop and discuss up coming games.
__________________
I work for the United State Postal Service, feel free to PM any questions.
Mistaduma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
gamboooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 4,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Please link to a copy of the standard contract and where it says a player must fly with the team to every game.
So you're ducking it because the answer is obviously, "if he could drive to the games, he would just sign."

Unlike you, I am arguing from a position of knowledge and fact. Not my own distorted sense of morals or ethics.

EXHIBIT A - NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION UNIFORM PLAYER CONTRACT | National Basketball Player's Association

I'll make it easy for you, though:

Quote:
5. CONDUCT.
(a) The Player agrees to observe and comply with all Team rules, as maintained or promulgated in accordance with the CBA, at all times whether on or off the playing floor. Subject to the provisions of the CBA, such rules shall be part of this Contract as fully as if herein written and shall be binding upon the Player.
If the team rule is, "traveling with the team is mandatory," which it is, he must comply. Remember that whole, "the employer sets the rules," thing you wanted to argue about? There it is in writing. Please don't respond with, "it doesn't say you have to fly" or "how do you know flying is a team rule?" It says the team gets to set the rules. There wouldn't be an issue if driving to games wasn't a problem.

EDIT: Even if traveling with the team isn't mandatory, the Rockets would need assurance that White can show up on time for meetings, practice, etc. And there will be times he HAS to fly. That's really what's going on.
__________________
When I post a price, I will not respond if you ask for a "best price" of if I "can do any better." If you want a better price than the one posted, please counter-offer.
My PhotoBucket: http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/gamboooler/library/

Last edited by gamboooler; 10-04-2012 at 09:09 PM.
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #74 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

[QUOTE=Knicker_Please;3422670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post



^^^^^

can't read? obviously since all you do is fight with people and you keep bragging about being on my ignore, you're admitting that thats you're objective
Tht doesn't even make sense.

For someone who so addimitely said they wanted to ignore me multiple times you sure seem eager to start a fight in every thread with me.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #75 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
So you're ducking it because the answer is obviously, "if he could drive to the games, he would just sign."

Unlike you, I am arguing from a position of knowledge and fact. Not my own distorted sense of morals or ethics.

EXHIBIT A - NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION UNIFORM PLAYER CONTRACT | National Basketball Player's Association

I'll make it easy for you, though:



If the team rule is, "traveling with the team is mandatory," which it is, he must comply. Remember that whole, "the employer sets the rules," thing you wanted to argue about? There it is in writing. Please don't respond with, "it doesn't say you have to fly" or "how do you know flying is a team rule?" It says the team gets to set the rules. There wouldn't be an issue if driving to games wasn't a problem.

EDIT: Even if traveling with the team isn't mandatory, the Rockets would need assurance that White can show up on time for meetings, practice, etc. And there will be times he HAS to fly. That's really what's going on.
So you know the team rules of the rockets. And one of them is its mandatory to fly with the team?

Also go read the article. He never said he won never fly.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.