Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #76 (permalink)

I kind of misspoke above, but I won't edit it further. In general, the team rule is probably, "traveling with the team is mandatory," in most cases. The Rockets knew they'd have to cut White some slack. They just want to make sure he's there and on-time for team functions. They don't want to say, "you have to fly," but they could if they wanted to. Again, what I initially said is White should be there day 1 and willing to work with the Rockets. He shouldn't be holding out and demanding special treatment.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

Only in the year 2012 would a team even consider this. Can you imagine ALL the gifted, talented, athletic could have been NBA players over the years but they couldn't handle the anxiety? Watch some basketball documentaries yo (happens more than you might think), the only reason Royce even has a chance is because of the pussification of America.
enjoipanda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
So you know the team rules of the rockets. And one of them is its mandatory to fly with the team?

Also go read the article. He never said he won never fly.
Seriously, do you realize how dumb you're coming off? I have provided you with what you've asked for. Anyone with a brain can see that White is concerned that the Rockets might make him fly more than he's willing to. The Rockets are concerned that he might miss some team functions.

Let's see if you duck again... please answer this directly. Why is Royce White holding out if he could drive to team functions?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #79 (permalink)

Game used bus seat anyone!?
RandysHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #80 (permalink)
Banned

well this turned out....... yeah

you got murrke'd!
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #81 (permalink)

Can't stop, won't stop. Eh eh.

I don't know why you guys let this clown get away with this stuff. So far, he's said I'm an "awful human being" because I called a player a cancer and that I discriminate against people with disabilities because I think Royce White should be trying to make it work for the Rockets, not the other way around. You don't get to run your mouth like that and get away with it. I am more than happy to show how ignorant he is. He really does ruin the forum for others. Kind of sick of it.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
Can't stop, won't stop. Eh eh.

I don't know why you guys let this clown get away with this stuff. So far, he's said I'm an "awful human being" because I called a player a cancer and that I discriminate against people with disabilities because I think Royce White should be trying to make it work for the Rockets, not the other way around. You don't get to run your mouth like that and get away with it. I am more than happy to show how ignorant he is. He really does ruin the forum for others. Kind of sick of it.
aint that the truth! which is exactly why i dont mind calling his trollin self out...
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Seriously, do you realize how dumb you're coming off? I have provided you with what you've asked for. Anyone with a brain can see that White is concerned that the Rockets might make him fly more than he's willing to. The Rockets are concerned that he might miss some team functions.

Let's see if you duck again... please answer this directly. Why is Royce White holding out if he could drive to team functions?
White wants to drive because he has a mental illness and it will be better for his health and he thinks he can fulfill all obligations while still taking a bus at times.

As your 'contract' and the fact that there is no statement in his contract saying 'he has to fly' he has a right to 'take a bus' as long as he fulfills his contract. Of course the Rockets are concerned that there might be problems.

Once again read what you wrote, "If he wants to play in the NBA, he needs to get with the program. If he can't handle what the job entails, he should find something else to do with his life."

You are saying he needs to get with 'the program' and if he can't handle what the job 'entails' (in this case flying) he should go do something else.

Well as everything you just posted about his contract shows there is nothing that says his contract requires him to fly. So I'll say it again. You are ignorant in your post because it is wrong.

The Rockets are working with him because they are reasonable. They realize they don't have a right to force him to fly and that is why they are trying to come to an agreement with him.

Oh and he is trying to make it work for the Rockets. He has admitted that he would fly at times. So once again another false statement from you.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #84 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
aint that the truth! which is exactly why i dont mind calling his trollin self out...
Yet you are the trolling self in the last couple threads. quite humorous actually.

someones got a nice new obsession
Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Yet you are the trolling self in the last couple threads. quite humorous actually.

someones got a nice new obsession
hahaha oh you're too good. 'nuh uh - you're the troll nuh uh!' ' i know you are, but what am i??' you can't be much older than elementary school...

hey notice how everyone who's commented has called YOU a troll? can't be true...hmm so everyone thinks your a troll but you...hmmmmmmmmm

last couple of threads? you mean my thread I started where you came in taking a jab at the knicks, and i answered your question? then you took offense and started a flame war?
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
White wants to drive because he has a mental illness and it will be better for his health and he thinks he can fulfill all obligations while still taking a bus at times.

As your 'contract' and the fact that there is no statement in his contract saying 'he has to fly' he has a right to 'take a bus' as long as he fulfills his contract. Of course the Rockets are concerned that there might be problems.

Once again read what you wrote, "If he wants to play in the NBA, he needs to get with the program. If he can't handle what the job entails, he should find something else to do with his life."

You are saying he needs to get with 'the program' and if he can't handle what the job 'entails' (in this case flying) he should go do something else.

Well as everything you just posted about his contract shows there is nothing that says his contract requires him to fly. So I'll say it again. You are ignorant in your post because it is wrong.

The Rockets are working with him because they are reasonable. They realize they don't have a right to force him to fly and that is why they are trying to come to an agreement with him.

Oh and he is trying to make it work for the Rockets. He has admitted that he would fly at times. So once again another false statement from you.
Man you are aggressively ignorant. You just say "F it, I don't care if I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm going to put my fingers in my ears and stomp my feet."

Everything bolded is objectively wrong. Did you go to law school? I mean, you didn't have to go to be able to understand that, "The Player agrees to observe and comply with all Team rules," means the team can make him fly if A) he signed that contract and B) they want him to fly, but I'm curious.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #87 (permalink)

As been said, every NBA team knew about this months before the draft. If it was that big of an issue then he should of went undrafted. So this is not all on him
justdagoodstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #88 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Man you are aggressively ignorant. You just say "F it, I don't care if I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm going to put my fingers in my ears and stomp my feet."

Everything bolded is objectively wrong. Did you go to law school? I mean, you didn't have to go to be able to understand that, "The Player agrees to observe and comply with all Team rules," means the team can make him fly if A) he signed that contract and B) they want him to fly, but I'm curious.
So where in that contract does it say he has to fly?

it doesn't...

you so are wrong.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdagoodstuff View Post
As been said, every NBA team knew about this months before the draft. If it was that big of an issue then he should of went undrafted. So this is not all on him
I agree with you. What you're saying isn't why I'm arguing with the dope. Hopefully you realize that.

But as an aside, did you see that draft documentary about him? There was a scene where his agent is rattling off all the teams that are "out" on him. I swear it was like 15 teams. It was kind of hard to watch.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #90 (permalink)

i dont know how people go on arguing for pages and pages. personally, i'd rather go play in traffic on the highway while blindfolded. seems like a fun idea compared to arguing over forums for hours and hours, just saying.
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
So where in that contract does it say he has to fly?

it doesn't...

you so are wrong.
Again:

Quote:
5. CONDUCT.
(a) The Player agrees to observe and comply with all Team rules, as maintained or promulgated in accordance with the CBA, at all times whether on or off the playing floor. Subject to the provisions of the CBA, such rules shall be part of this Contract as fully as if herein written and shall be binding upon the Player.
So it's safe to assume you didn't go to law school at this point then, correct?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
i dont know how people go on arguing for pages and pages. personally, i'd rather go play in traffic on the highway while blindfolded. seems like a fun idea compared to arguing over forums for hours and hours, just saying.
Could be worse, you could be a third party who just read pages and pages of other people arguing lol (had to do it). But this guy is a joke and deserves to be called out. I've got some free time, so I'll do it. Eventually you have to put your foot down, otherwise more clowns like him will ruin it for everyone.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #93 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I agree with you. What you're saying isn't why I'm arguing with the dope. Hopefully you realize that.

But as an aside, did you see that draft documentary about him? There was a scene where his agent is rattling off all the teams that are "out" on him. I swear it was like 15 teams. It was kind of hard to watch.
Yet you said White needs to 'work' with the Rockets and get with the program.

contradiction much? i would like to actually know what you think as you are saying a lot of different things...
Old 10-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #94 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Again:

So it's safe to assume you didn't go to law school at this point then, correct?
where did you go to pre school cause I don't know what you are reading. Where does it say he has to fly to all games?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Yet you said White needs to 'work' with the Rockets and get with the program.

contradiction much? i would like to actually know what you think as you are saying a lot of different things...
How is it a contradiction? Houston is one of the few teams willing to give him a chance, and he has the audacity to hold out?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #96 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
How is it a contradiction? Houston is one of the few teams willing to give him a chance, and he has the audacity to hold out?
Yet you said he needs to just work with them and get with the program.

He agreed to fly at times and realizes he probably will have to. So whats the big deal if he is willing to work with them on that?

make up your mind.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
where did you go to pre school cause I don't know what you are reading. Where does it say he has to fly to all games?
LOL at that comeback. Where did I go to pre-school? St. Mary's. Happy?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
LOL at that comeback. Where did I go to pre-school? St. Mary's. Happy?
still waiting for the contract proof that is says he has to fly?

and you say i'm not a lawyer... good case
Old 10-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Yet you said he needs to just work with them and get with the program.

He agreed to fly at times and realizes he probably will have to. So whats the big deal if he is willing to work with them on that?

make up your mind.
I have been 100% consistent throughout. I said Royce White was in the wrong. I said if he can't handle all that comes with the job, he shouldn't pursue it. What is inconsistent? You're the only one moving all over the place. But I don't blame you, if I didn't have anything but my baseless opinion to go off of, I wouldn't want to argue on the merits either. Better to stick to asking for proof of something that the public doesn't have access to, though all empirical data points to a simple answer.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
How many times have you seen some player getting in trouble for being late for the team bus or plane, its called where the team goes, you have to go with them, it is like that all the way back to middle school sports teams, I dont know why you are having such trouble understanding this concept
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote