Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #101 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
I have been 100% consistent throughout. I said Royce White was in the wrong. I said if he can't handle all that comes with the job, he shouldn't pursue it. What is inconsistent? You're the only one moving all over the place. But I don't blame you, if I didn't have anything but my baseless opinion to go off of, I wouldn't want to argue on the merits either. Better to stick to asking for proof of something that the public doesn't have access to, though all empirical data points to a simple answer.
Having to fly doesn't come with the job. How stubborn are you? No where does it say that flying to games is part of the job you claim.

funny thing is both White and the Rockets are working together. No one is in the wrong, thats what makes your opinion sad...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #102 (permalink)

It's doesn't say that he HAS to fly but it does say he has to adhere to all team rules. If the team wants them to attend all practices and attend all team meetings in addition to participating at a level they deem acceptable then it might become a problem. He's going to be extremely fatigued from traveling in a car for 13+ hours. He might be perfectly fine when they're playing at home or the Texas triangle.

Nobody here is saying he shouldn't be able to play in the NBA, they're saying that his disability is something HE needs to overcome and the team shouldn't need to baby him as a professional.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #103 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army19K View Post
How many times have you seen some player getting in trouble for being late for the team bus or plane, its called where the team goes, you have to go with them, it is like that all the way back to middle school sports teams, I dont know why you are having such trouble understanding this concept
thats not the concept at question. sorry.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
still waiting for the contract proof that is says he has to fly?

and you say i'm not a lawyer... good case
I'll hold your hand...

1. Despite your opinion, employers can set the terms of employment.
2. A contract term is the player must comply with team rules.
3. If White signs that standard contract, he is subject to team rules.
4. Traveling together on road trips is a team rule.
5. White has to travel with the team.

I even said the team is probably willing to work with him on it. I've said the reason there isn't a deal in place is White doesn't want to be subject to the team travel rule. As long as they carve out an exception from the standard deal, White will sign. See how simple that is?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #105 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaduma View Post
It's doesn't say that he HAS to fly but it does say he has to adhere to all team rules. If the team wants them to attend all practices and attend all team meetings in addition to participating at a level they deem acceptable then it might become a problem. He's going to be extremely fatigued from traveling in a car for 13+ hours. He might be perfectly fine when they're playing at home or the Texas triangle.

Nobody here is saying he shouldn't be able to play in the NBA, they're saying that his disability is something HE needs to overcome and the team shouldn't need to baby him as a professional.
How do you know he won't attend all practices and all needed meetings?

There is a reason the Rockets are working with him. The team isn't babying him. The fact that you put it like that shows you really aren't even worth responding too anymore. goodnight
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
thats not the concept at question. sorry.
Yes it is, if the team is flying somewhere, then he has to fly with them, that is the concept, and that is why he would have to fly.
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Having to fly doesn't come with the job. How stubborn are you? No where does it say that flying to games is part of the job you claim.

funny thing is both White and the Rockets are working together. No one is in the wrong, thats what makes your opinion sad...
Traveling all across the country is part of the job. Are you seriously trying to claim that the only responsibility of a professional basketball player is showing up for and playing in games?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #108 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'll hold your hand...

1. Despite your opinion, employers can set the terms of employment.
2. A contract term is the player must comply with team rules.
3. If White signs that standard contract, he is subject to team rules.
4. Traveling together on road trips is a team rule.
5. White has to travel with the team.

I even said the team is probably willing to work with him on it. I've said the reason there isn't a deal in place is White doesn't want to be subject to the team travel rule. As long as they carve out an exception from the standard deal, White will sign. See how simple that is?
Where does it say that?

Do you work for the Rockets?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:

There is a reason the Rockets are working with him. The team isn't babying him. The fact that you put it like that shows you really aren't even worth responding too anymore. goodnight
The Rockets are working with him because otherwise they wasted a draft pick.
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:

There it is. He is overmatched. Rational thought has won out! Goodbye, dullard.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #111 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
There it is. He is overmatched. Rational thought has won out! Goodbye, dullard.
calling someone a baby and making fun of a mental illness is rational thought.

what counts as being rational these days... lol
Old 10-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Where does it say that?

Do you work for the Rockets?
Obviously that is your comeback. How many times have you asked if I work for the Rockets? Grasping at straws in your pathetic excuse of an argument. Why does every team in the NBA travel together on road trips? Why do players get fined for being late or not showing up? Do you think LeBron likes flying with 50 other people on a chartered flight instead of a private jet? Use your brain for God's sake.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #113 (permalink)

Good night

I feel like you aren't even reading the entire post and just basing your responses off the first sentence or so of each paragraph. He might be able to attend all the practices and games, there's no doubt about that. What might become an issue is his fatigue from all that excessive traveling that he doesn't need to. I know I'm tired as hell from driving/being driven on road trips. It's hardly extraordinary to expect a player to be well rested and able to participate on a high level at every event.

It's like drinking every night after work. Your work probably doesn't have any rules about drinking after hours but if you come into work fatigued and unable to perform your duties at an acceptable level then your work has the right to raise an issue.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
calling someone a baby and making fun of a mental illness is rational thought.

what counts as being rational these days... lol
Cry me a river bleeding heart. I thought you were going to bed? At no point have I ever made fun of his disorder. That type of claim is the whole reason why you are a miserable human being, and why I won't put up with you anymore. You are clearly getting intellectually manhandled, so you want to make it seem like I'm some kind of monster. Step up your reading comprehension and avoid throwing around slurs like that.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #115 (permalink)
Banned

god damn this is why the other forums make fun of here! murrke just stfu already!
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree with you. What you're saying isn't why I'm arguing with the dope. Hopefully you realize that.

But as an aside, did you see that draft documentary about him? There was a scene where his agent is rattling off all the teams that are "out" on him. I swear it was like 15 teams. It was kind of hard to watch.
Oh no I know that. Yeah, teams were looking out of their best interest. These are multi-million dollar franchises who invest a lot of money and time into these guys.
justdagoodstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #117 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Obviously that is your comeback. How many times have you asked if I work for the Rockets? Grasping at straws in your pathetic excuse of an argument. Why does every team in the NBA travel together on road trips? Why do players get fined for being late or not showing up? Do you think LeBron likes flying with 50 other people on a chartered flight instead of a private jet? Use your brain for God's sake.
Because you are making stuff up and contradicting yourself.

There is no proof that he would be forced to fly.

It's been fun seeing you get all upset thought
Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #118 (permalink)
Banned

/..............
Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Cry me a river bleeding heart. I thought you were going to bed? At no point have I ever made fun of his disorder. That type of claim is the whole reason why you are a miserable human being, and why I won't put up with you anymore. You are clearly getting intellectually manhandled, so you want to make it seem like I'm some kind of monster. Step up your reading comprehension and avoid throwing around slurs like that.
did you not say he just needs to get over it. or was that the other person that also called him a baby.

some people have morals i guess we can see some peoples true colors.

the good thing is that the rockets and white seem to be working this out like adults.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdagoodstuff View Post
Oh no I know that. Yeah, teams were looking out of their best interest. These are multi-million dollar franchises who invest a lot of money and time into these guys.
And obviously the Rockets are going to comply with his request to get a bus and drive to some of the games. They wouldn't have drafted him otherwise. I just think if half the league isn't willing to take a shot on him, he should be grateful for his chance and there on day 1 to get to work. It's not like the Rockets would sign him and then force him to fly after. Given the guy's personality, it's likely he'd just shut down if they did that. Holding out is not how he should've handled this IMO. He had weeks to get this done.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
yeah i took you off ignore because your idiocy is entertaining but once again, you admit that the only reason you're here is to try and annoy people!

Quote:
Because you are making stuff up and contradicting yourself.

There is no proof that he would be forced to fly.

It's been fun seeing you get all upset thought
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #122 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
hey troll. back to talk with me again.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
hey troll. back to talk with me again.
....caught ya you mad?
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
did you not say he just needs to get over it. or was that the other person that also called him a baby.

some people have morals i guess we can see some peoples true colors.

the good thing is that the rockets and white seem to be working this out like adults.
Care to scroll back to your post on insults and what that means for your argument? Why do you always talk about morals like your the arbiter of right and wrong? Man, you think highly of yourself.

What I said was maybe professional basketball isn't for him. And I said that's fine. I also said the Rockets are his employer, and whatever they say goes. I didn't call him a baby (I don't think), but even if I did, people with disabilities aren't above reproach. Like I've been saying all along, he should be eternally grateful for the opportunity he has been given and he should be in training camp.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #125 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
....caught ya you mad?
caught me what? making a sarcastic comment?

are you sherlock holmes?

genius my dear watson!