Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
How do you know he won't attend all practices and all needed meetings?

There is a reason the Rockets are working with him. The team isn't babying him. The fact that you put it like that shows you really aren't even worth responding too anymore. goodnight
For crying out loud... the guy makes a completely intelligent post/point and you still have to come back wtih the "how do you know?"...

NOBODY KNOWS. But don't you think that if you were an employer, you would want your employee fresh (not having driven for possibly many long hours) and also able to plan things with the rest of your employees?

It's good that Houston want to work with him, but he should be trying his hardest to appease them in any way he can. Do you know how many people/players would probably give up a body part to play in the NBA? Let alone having to fly... it's not like a normal job because there are millions of people wanting to take your spot!!
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
caught me what? making a sarcastic comment?

are you sherlock holmes?

genius my dear watson!
you ever wonder why everyone on here calls you a troll? and i mean everyone...
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #128 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
Care to scroll back to your post on insults and what that means for your argument? Why do you always talk about morals like your the arbiter of right and wrong? Man, you think highly of yourself.

What I said was maybe professional basketball isn't for him. And I said that's fine. I also said the Rockets are his employer, and whatever they say goes. I didn't call him a baby (I don't think), but even if I did, people with disabilities aren't above reproach. Like I've been saying all along, he should be eternally grateful for the opportunity he has been given and he should be in training camp.
Who said he wasn't grateful? He is willing to fly when he has to? You are trashing the guy you don't even know. Thats my point.

The Rockets as his employer CANNOT say anything and it goes if it's not in the contract. Do you want to know what would happen if they tried to force him to fly? There would probably be a huge lawsuit. I bet White and the Rockets both know this and that is why they are trying to work it out like responsible people

And now people are calling him ungrateful, a baby, that he just needs to get over his mental illness.

Are you serious? You think that is normal and alright?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #129 (permalink)

Don't mean to sidetrack the trolling, but I find it wildly entertaining that people are A) reading 6 pages of this garbage, and B) this is the best part, in unison trashing murrke when they decide to post. The audacity it takes to argue for this long, have this many people tell you you're wrong, and continue to maintain you're right... it would almost be noble if it wasn't so completely moronic.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #130 (permalink)
Banned

sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't mean to sidetrack the trolling, but I find it wildly entertaining that people are A) reading 6 pages of this garbage, and B) this is the best part, in unison trashing murrke when they decide to post. The audacity it takes to argue for this long, have this many people tell you you're wrong, and continue to maintain you're right... it would almost be noble if it wasn't so completely moronic.
it is quite impressive in its own right no?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #132 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
For crying out loud... the guy makes a completely intelligent post/point and you still have to come back wtih the "how do you know?"...

NOBODY KNOWS. But don't you think that if you were an employer, you would want your employee fresh (not having driven for possibly many long hours) and also able to plan things with the rest of your employees?

It's good that Houston want to work with him, but he should be trying his hardest to appease them in any way he can. Do you know how many people/players would probably give up a body part to play in the NBA? Let alone having to fly... it's not like a normal job because there are millions of people wanting to take your spot!!
Like you said. Nobody knows (especially members on this site) how he is trying to appease them.

A guy thats afraid to fly has already said he will fly when needed. Is that not working with the team?

Last edited by murrke03; 10-04-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #133 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
yes other known trolls telling me i'm wrong makes it true! haha

i'll admit i'm not 100% correct but neither are you buddy
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:

bahahaha other known trolls....'i know you are but what am iiii' face it murrkey, everyone knows your BS and thats that
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Who said he wasn't grateful? He is willing to fly when he has to? You are trashing the guy you don't even know. Thats my point.

The Rockets as his employer CANNOT say anything and it goes if it's not in the contract. Do you want to know what would happen if they tried to force him to fly? There would probably be a huge lawsuit. I bet White and the Rockets both know this and that is why they are trying to work it out like responsible people

And now people are calling him ungrateful, a baby, that he just needs to get over his mental illness.

Are you serious? You think that is normal and alright?
LOL, no there wouldn't be a lawsuit. If flying with the team is a team rule, they can clearly make him do it. I'm not just pulling stuff out of the air like you. Have you ever heard of a morals clause? Do you think every contract says, "you can't make racist comments on Twitter?" No. It's general language. You want to know why? It's IMPOSSIBLE to include every detail in a contract. That's why when the contract says, "team rules," the team is allowed to set those rules, or when some moron spouts off on Twitter, they can fire him. They can't make you do anything illegal, but traveling with the team, by flight, is certainly reasonable and legal.

He is not in training camp on day 1. He had weeks to work with the Rockets to get this sorted out. Do you really not have a problem with him not being there? It's such a cop out to say, "you don't know him." We have proof of his actions. It's fair criticism. I'm sorry I didn't just throw my hands up and say, "oh, the soon to be millionaire basketball player won't show up to camp until one of the few teams willing to take a shot on him makes explicit that he can drive to some games even though he had weeks to work it out and is kind of coming off poorly has problems with anxiety, I should cut him a break."
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #136 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
bahahaha other known trolls....'i know you are but what am iiii' face it murrkey, everyone knows your BS and thats that
i've seen plenty of people call you a troll too. so don't act like you are an angel. that's what i'm saying.

i would say almost everyone on this site has been accused of 'trolling'. thats a fact. haha

time to go play with my crappy cards though
Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
i've seen plenty of people call you a troll too. so don't act like you are an angel. that's what i'm saying.

i would say almost everyone on this site has been accused of 'trolling'. thats a fact. haha

time to go play with my crappy cards though
who? cardsdownunder is the only other one i can think of lol...hes pretty condescending himself...

but see thats by my count 2 people...EVERYONE calls you out for being a troll, yeah everyone gets called a troll once and a while because they have differing opinions...but YOU get called a troll daily by tons of different members lol...

still crying about me saying you have crappy cards? get over it?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:

You are pretty much 100%, incorrect. Your sense of law is similar to Charlie Kelly's. Maybe we can go toe-to-toe on bird law later? You have also made the statement, repeatedly, that I am ignorant and insensitive to people with disabilities when I haven't said anything remotely to that effect. You keep talking like playing in the NBA is White's right and the Rockets should be catering to his needs, which shows a gross misunderstanding of the employer-employee relationship. Everything about how you've conducted yourself in this thread, like you do in so many others, is wrong.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #139 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
LOL, no there wouldn't be a lawsuit. If flying with the team is a team rule, they can clearly make him do it. I'm not just pulling stuff out of the air like you. Have you ever heard of a morals clause? Do you think every contract says, "you can't make racist comments on Twitter?" No. It's general language. You want to know why? It's IMPOSSIBLE to include every detail in a contract. That's why when the contract says, "team rules," the team is allowed to set those rules, or when some moron spouts off on Twitter, they can fire him. They can't make you do anything illegal, but traveling with the team, by flight, is certainly reasonable and legal.

He is not in training camp on day 1. He had weeks to work with the Rockets to get this sorted out. Do you really not have a problem with him not being there? It's such a cop out to say, "you don't know him." We have proof of his actions. It's fair criticism. I'm sorry I didn't just throw my hands up and say, "oh, the soon to be millionaire basketball player won't show up to camp until one of the few teams willing to take a shot on him makes explicit that he can drive to some games even though he had weeks to work it out and is kind of coming off poorly has problems with anxiety, I should cut him a break."
so you are a lawyer now?

I never said he was at no fault. But it's not his fault alone. That's clear.

The fact that people say he just needs to get over it, or do what he's told, or that he is being babied or is ungrateful is wrong.

Once again I'll say it the fact that the Rockets are working with him and figuring it out shows that he is not the problem and an ungrateful baby
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #140 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
who? cardsdownunder is the only other one i can think of lol...hes pretty condescending himself...

but see thats by my count 2 people...EVERYONE calls you out for being a troll, yeah everyone gets called a troll once and a while because they have differing opinions...but YOU get called a troll daily by tons of different members lol...

still crying about me saying you have crappy cards? get over it?
ok troll.....
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
so you are a lawyer now?

I never said he was at no fault. But it's not his fault alone. That's clear.

The fact that people say he just needs to get over it, or do what he's told, or that he is being babied or is ungrateful is wrong.

Once again I'll say it the fact that the Rockets are working with him and figuring it out shows that he is not the problem and an ungrateful baby
I went to law school, does that count?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You are pretty much 100%, incorrect. Your sense of law is similar to Charlie Kelly's. Maybe we can go toe-to-toe on bird law later? You have also made the statement, repeatedly, that I am ignorant and insensitive to people with disabilities when I haven't said anything remotely to that effect. You keep talking like playing in the NBA is White's right and the Rockets should be catering to his needs, which shows a gross misunderstanding of the employer-employee relationship. Everything about how you've conducted yourself in this thread, like you do in so many others, is wrong.
I am pretty much 100% incorrect. What does that mean?

You are also pretty much incorrect.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #143 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I went to law school, does that count?
no do you have your jd?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
ok troll.....
hahaha like what you call me matters

keep doing your thing king murrke. it makes you feel like a big bad man
Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #145 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
hahaha like what you call me matters

keep doing your thing king murrke. it makes you feel like a big bad man
I'm going to put you on ignore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
no do you have your jd?
I wouldn't have said, "I went to law school," if I didn't. Yes I do.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #147 (permalink)

Ok, since when is a fear of flying a mental illness or a disability?
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
I am pretty much 100% incorrect. What does that mean?

You are also pretty much incorrect.
Do you have problems with numbers now? First the English part... "pretty much" is a common phrase which implies "close to" or "almost" a certain quality. In this case, "pretty much" refers to the amount you have been incorrect in this thread. "Pretty much 100% incorrect," means you have been wrong about almost everything. Now I have to ask, where did you go to pre-school?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm going to put you on ignore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you so funny king murrke! lol ROFL LMAO
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army19K View Post
Ok, since when is a fear of flying a mental illness or a disability?
The answer to that question is, "2012 in the United States." But kidding aside, the problem isn't really that he's afraid to fly, it's that he deals with crippling anxiety, and his fear of flying aggravates that condition. Whether or not you think that's a legitimate concern/fear/disorder, that's up to you. But it's more than just fear of flying.