Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,173
Question Grab Bag sales on eBay?

I have some giant lots of lower end cards.

They're not junk, but most are not worthy of selling individually on eBay (Max card value is probably $15/20).


I have over 800 relic cards, over 400 autos, and over 1000 serial #d cards.

They're all in brand new sleeves and top loaders.

If I was to sell as lots, I'd probably only get like $.50 for each auto/jrelic at most ... and I don't want to sell myself short, mainly because these are being sold on consignment for someone.

There are a ton of star players, tons of expensive sets, many low #'d, dual/triple autos, etc.

It's just too overwhelming. I would have liked to list individually in my eBay store, but I don't have time to list and deal with 2000 cards sold individually if they're low end.




So I was just randomly thinking of what to do, and I remember seeing sellers having auctions for 'grab bags'.


I was thinking to make grab bags that include 1 auto, 2 game used, and 5 serial numbered cards.


I figure this is a great way to maximize $$$ and minimize the effort of listing individually.


The only thing I fear is customer dissatisfaction. But I see so many people literally almost ripping people off by selling fake cards, junk, etc ... and somehow maintaining great feedback?

Of course I'd make the lots worth the value, but I could put a Jordan auto in every lot for $20 and someone would STILL find a way to complain!


What are your guys thoughts on doing something like this? Has anyone ever done this before?
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,371
Default

As long as the list & description is clearly stated I would see no problem with it. Offer free shipping & accept returns for customer satisfaction (buyer pays RS) & you should have no problems.
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Manmadeofsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I live on Planet Earth.
Posts: 2,801
Default

Would you be willing to sell cards on here? Interested in football serial #'d and maybe some other stuff. LMK.
__________________
You're ALWAYS a somebody to SOMEBODY
Manmadeofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,151
Default

If you put a Jordan auto in a $20 lot, I swear I won't complain

Good luck with this though.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
As long as the list & description is clearly stated I would see no problem with it. Offer free shipping & accept returns for customer satisfaction (buyer pays RS) & you should have no problems.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely use those guidelines if/when I create them!


Manmadeofsteel: I actually do have a football lot and a baseball lot as well, PM me if interested!


GatorBoyInTN: Haha you won't, but someone will! I might throw one in by mistake, who knows haha. Thanks!
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
cincycardshows.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 530
Default

Prepare to have your feedback destroyed if you go this route. I have no interest in doing listings like these but if you look at those that do, check their feedback. People will not even think twice about giving you a negative if they aren't happy with what is in the lot you sell them.
cincycardshows.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,230
Default

I would buy all the stars and HOFers if you would like to sell them to me direct?
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 680
Default

Or you could have all cards listed and let the buyers pick there lot. Like you can choose any 1 auto, any 2 game used and any 5 serial numbered cards for X amount.
Gohansmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Got any Reece Gaines?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,173
Default

Thanks for the insight guys! I'll have to think this over, and how I want to go about doing this.

This is legal to do on eBay, right? I know it's not allowed here on the boards ... but I wasn't sure on eBay anymore.

As for what I have in the lots, there are literally over 2,000 cards ... so I'm really not sure and I honestly don't have the time right now to go through every single card. There are a TON of HOFer cards ... I'm not sure about any Gaines, if so it wouldn't be anything significant, likely just common autos/game used/inserts.
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Thanks for the insight guys! I'll have to think this over, and how I want to go about doing this.

This is legal to do on eBay, right? I know it's not allowed here on the boards ... but I wasn't sure on eBay anymore.

As for what I have in the lots, there are literally over 2,000 cards ... so I'm really not sure and I honestly don't have the time right now to go through every single card. There are a TON of HOFer cards ... I'm not sure about any Gaines, if so it wouldn't be anything significant, likely just common autos/game used/inserts.
You can't call it a grab bag on eBay anymore.. they will flag you for it and remove the listing.. so technically.. no it's not. I wrote a thread about this, but it turned into a troll fest lol
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
You can't call it a grab bag on eBay anymore.. they will flag you for it and remove the listing.. so technically.. no it's not. I wrote a thread about this, but it turned into a troll fest lol
Haha I knew I remembered hearing something about that!

I think now the proper term is "Mystery Pack" haha

I guess at this point the only thing I'm worried about is my feedback, even if I am certain I provide enough value in the lots! hmmmmm
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Haha I knew I remembered hearing something about that!

I think now the proper term is "Mystery Pack" haha

I guess at this point the only thing I'm worried about is my feedback, even if I am certain I provide enough value in the lots! hmmmmm
GL to you either way.. I've tried them in the past with mild success... still would buy all your star and HOF GU if you change your mind lol
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
GL to you either way.. I've tried them in the past with mild success... still would buy all your star and HOF GU if you change your mind lol
Thanks for the help! I decided to go ahead and make about 300 packs and put up an auction, hopefully they sell well!

Whatever eventually doesn't sell, I'll get back to you on with the HOFer stuff!
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Thanks for the help! I decided to go ahead and make about 300 packs and put up an auction, hopefully they sell well!

Whatever eventually doesn't sell, I'll get back to you on with the HOFer stuff!
Just call them Dutch Auctions. Here is a good example for you to look at.

GAME USED AUTO LOT DUTCH AUCTION RC S# GUARANTEED 1 AUTO/GAME USED FREE SHIPPING | eBay
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.