Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
tnarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banned
Posts: 13,145
Default Michael Jordan 96-97 platinum medallion being shilled

eBay.com Item Bid History

Bidder with 826 feedback has 55% bids with this seller

So I checked to see what feedback the seller has left, and he left feedback for this cat


kgb_boi


Both from Australia...I assume they are in cahoots

Not that the card wouldn't sell for 300 anyway, just sayin
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,084
Default

Shilling happens!?

These cards have been shilled from 50 bucks to $500 or so.......... smh
__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Shilling happens!?

These cards have been shilled from 50 bucks to $500 or so.......... smh

Someone fix this record....

I've only ever known the card to be $180+... but apparently NO SALE is legit for any rare 90s card, only Retro stuff is worth anything.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Someone fix this record....

I've only ever known the card to be $180+... but apparently NO SALE is legit for any rare 90s card, only Retro stuff is worth anything.
Oh get a life already! You have nothing better to do then to follow my posts? smh

Let me guess, you've been following the sale of this card since the begining? SMH...

Get off of Retro's nuts, and mine too!
__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Oh get a life already! You have nothing better to do then to follow my posts? smh

Let me guess, you've been following the sale of this card since the begining? SMH...

Get off of Retro's nuts, and mine too!
No, actually, I just want to go into and read a thread without seeing the same, continual, annoying BS from you.

WE ARE ALL AWARE THAT CARDS GET SHILLED, you don't need to continually comment about 90s cards.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
Pejarox7620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 6,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
No, actually, I just want to go into and read a thread without seeing the same, continual, annoying BS from you.

WE ARE ALL AWARE THAT CARDS GET SHILLED, you don't need to continually comment about 90s cards.
I would have to agree with you here...
__________________
Bucket:http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/Pejarox7620s_Collection/
Bio: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/get-know-your-group-break-hosts/730763-pejarox7620.html
Current Open Group Breaks: Immaculate FB Hit Draft
Collecting: Raimel Tapia, Drew Brees
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
eBay.com Item Bid History

Bidder with 826 feedback has 55% bids with this seller

So I checked to see what feedback the seller has left, and he left feedback for this cat


kgb_boi


Both from Australia...I assume they are in cahoots

Not that the card wouldn't sell for 300 anyway, just sayin
Australia is kind of a big country.
Looks like the bidder bid on 9 auctions by the seller... doesn't look like a big shill to me. Its not like the people outside the US have a lot of sources for high quality cards now that US sellers refuse to ship international for the most part.
__________________
Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (100 of which are auto'd)
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q290/collegetim916
[B]Marino Most Wanted:
1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite
marinocollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
UltimateDeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,751
Default

I sold my Jordan 96/97 Ultra Platinum Medallion for $550.00. Buyer paid instantly. Very well known buyer too.
__________________
I collect Deron Williams, Eric Gordon, and Derrick Rose.
Photobucket: http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll436/ultimate_deron/
UltimateDeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
I sold my Jordan 96/97 Ultra Platinum Medallion for $550.00. Buyer paid instantly. Very well known buyer too.
Nice! You sold yours while the hype was still alive and well.... looks like they fooled another one

Sometimes people believe what they see on ebay, and the result is actual paying bidders at those hyped up prices.

But this one in the OP sold for $394........ I still think that's high, but at least it's not as hyped as before.
__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

So whats new?...Everyone knows about the shilling of MJ 90's inserts and MJ Exquisites....
__________________
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.