Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Want Input Custom Ebay Listings

Hi guys I decided to put up a couple of my ebay listings with custom templates I create. I thought it might help sell some of my higher end cards or atleast draw more attention to cards that aren't quite the Fleer Retro Gem. I might evantually put together a website and make one of a kind listings for $5-10 in the future if people would be interested. I'd be happy to create one (free) for the first 3 people who post an image of their high end card they are or will be posting in the near future. When I finish I'll give you an html link that you just post on in the item description. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Buyback Michael Jordan Autograph UNC Championship Game Floor 20th Anniversary | eBay
rbb147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

I like the idea of customised templates but the problem with using an image for the description is that the text is not searchable and the loading time is increased. It'd be nicer (and probably quicker) if you just stuck with a simple html layout.
sreg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

I see your point on the text search, as for load time I feel bad for those people who have internet slow enough for that to be a problem What does google search go off of? The listing title or description, the search probably wouldn't be a problem if it is off of the listing title. I think with most cards you have less than 5 lines of descriptive text that people would read it instead of just searching for a "key" word. Thanks for your input especially the search issue.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Just to let you know the description doesn't really come up when i checked your listing on my phone. Otherwise i think the outline looks pretty cool.
bmuelle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

That would be a problem too. I don't have a physical description it is just written directly into the listing. The html image for description comes up on my iphone. Do you have android that it might be a problem with that system? Thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Put the word AUTO in your title

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbb147 View Post
That would be a problem too. I don't have a physical description it is just written directly into the listing. The html image for description comes up on my iphone. Do you have android that it might be a problem with that system? Thanks!
yes, i have an android so you may be right.

btw, nice picture, I'm currently a student at OkState right now, lol
bmuelle21 is offline   Reply With Quote