Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
50-60 percent of patch cards are have fake patches

ELi Manning
Lebron
Vick
Kobe
Kevin durant
The older the card the more likely it was tampered with
Haha right... Wheres your proof..
Old 10-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
50-60 percent of patch cards are have fake patches

ELi Manning
Lebron
Vick
Kobe
Kevin durant
The older the card the more likely it was tampered with
Yes their are fake patches out there but know where near the amount you are claiming...You dont know what your talking about...

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

yes, there are fake patches out there and some due diligence is certainly required on the buyer's part prior to making a purchase. HOWEVER, to immediately chime in and say a patch is fake without any sort of proof is completely reckless, lazy, and does nothing to help advance the knowledge base of the hobby.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlamma View Post
yes, there are fake patches out there and some due diligence is certainly required on the buyer's part prior to making a purchase. HOWEVER, to immediately chime in and say a patch is fake without any sort of proof is completely reckless, lazy, and does nothing to help advance the knowledge base of the hobby.
yes, exactly. To throw out a % number is completely reckless unless one can back it up especially when someone says over 50%. I have seen quite a few of those Kobe LL's and that patch looks in like. I had one with a nicer patch that was genuine so I dont see why that one couldnt be.

To bad UD couldnt have helped us and scanned all the cards into a database for reference.

PANINI = CHEAPSKATES: http://youtu.be/rsSq7QqpUto
clipperboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlamma View Post
From 01-09 Patches are faked like crazy . The only way I would buy a patch is if it was pulled from a box in front of me .
If you say only 10 percent are tampered with its still a 1-10 chance your patch card is faked .

Most of the Kevin durant /99 patches were one color now you cannot find any one colors Its a joke that ud or panini cannot even prove a patch is real . I guess you can say prove its fake . Well I can say prove its real

Last edited by pepsiporch; 10-11-2012 at 10:18 AM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
From 01-09 Patches are faked like crazy . The only way I would buy a patch is if it was pulled from a box in front of me .
If you say only 10 percent are tampered with its still a 1-10 chance your patch card is faked .

Most of the Kevin durant /99 patches were one color now you cannot find any one colors Its a joke that ud or panini cannot even prove a patch is real . I guess you can say prove its fake . Well I can say prove its real
In your previous post you say 50-60% are fake. Where did you get that number from?
AllStars2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStars2324 View Post
In your previous post you say 50-60% are fake. Where did you get that number from?
From a dealer that has dealt with patches in the last 10 years . I believe Beckett also said it to saying they cannot tell what is real or fake on patches .
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
From a dealer that has dealt with patches in the last 10 years . I believe Beckett also said it to saying they cannot tell what is real or fake on patches .
Your so full of shitt!...Beckett never said 50-60% of patches are fake...Show us a link or some proof or shut up!..Get the hell outta here with that #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@t!...Your dealer is full of shitt as well!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
Your so full of shitt!...Beckett never said 50-60% of patches are fake...Show us a link or some proof or shut up!..Get the hell outta here with that #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@t!...Your dealer is full of shitt as well!
+1 for real.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #35 (permalink)

Did you get it?

Old 10-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

I think you should offer more than what he is asking for. According to all the exquisite people here, it will only go up in value. So if he wants $7k for it, offer him $8k or $9k that way you land it. Dont worry because if these people are right, it should be a $20k card soon right? So $9k is nothing. Infact you are underpaying
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I think you should offer more than what he is asking for. According to all the exquisite people here, it will only go up in value. So if he wants $7k for it, offer him $8k or $9k that way you land it. Dont worry because if these people are right, it should be a $20k card soon right? So $9k is nothing. Infact you are underpaying
I did not read anyone in this thread saying it will only go up in value. All the OP wanted to know was a fair current price, no need to turn this thread into something its not...
Old 10-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Or you can up your offer by a penny untill you reach a deal, this is better correct?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #39 (permalink)

No, I didn't take it...unfortunately the seller want much more $ because an other LL was sell for 10k!!!
verona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verona View Post
No, I didn't take it...unfortunately the seller want much more $ because an other LL was sell for 10k!!!
what? really?
I cant imagine any Kobe card selling for over 5k...
wow
yaoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaoming View Post
what? really?
wow
many Kobe cards sell for over 5k, all depends on the card
Old 10-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
many Kobe cards sell for over 5k, all depends on the card
True...try and get an Exquisite Logoman of Kobe for under 5k.....LOL...it will never happen..

Old 10-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaoming View Post
what? really?
wow
yes man! Now he updated the buy it now to 12.5k!!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verona View Post
yes man! Now he updated the buy it now to 12.5k!!!!
wow?
I heard mnmiracle is a very reputable dealer/seller who is willing to work the price out
yaoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I did not read anyone in this thread saying it will only go up in value. All the OP wanted to know was a fair current price, no need to turn this thread into something its not...
Well the OP just said the seller wants a lot more for it. This is the sentiments among exquisite sellers. Thats its "all dried up", "never to be seen again" and the best one.. "always go up in price"

Btw, Im still waiting on our debate issue of comparing exquisites that have dropped in value over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
Or you can up your offer by a penny untill you reach a deal, this is better correct?
It could work. But in a BIN/BO format, you can only offer 3 times. So if you wish to use them offering a penny more 3 times, by all means go ahead lol. Unless you guys think offering more than once (multiple times) will make it seem like the seller is shilling because he is getting multiple offers from the same bidder lol.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #46 (permalink)

Well players that haven't performed (ex: Gerald Green, among many others) their card prices are going to go down. That just has to do with the players. I am not arguing if prices are going to go up, down, or stay the same. No one knows. I am just saying there are many cards that do not pop up much. I am getting the impression you are upset at the current prices? Here are a couple of my Kobe exquisite cards that I have not seen on ebay for awhile...
Attached Thumbnails
Help about 2003-04 Kobe Exquisite LL-scan0480.jpg   Help about 2003-04 Kobe Exquisite LL-scan0481.jpg   Help about 2003-04 Kobe Exquisite LL-scan0482.jpg   Help about 2003-04 Kobe Exquisite LL-img_0690.jpg  
Old 10-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Well players that haven't performed (ex: Gerald Green, among many others) their card prices are going to go down. That just has to do with the players. I am not arguing if prices are going to go up, down, or stay the same. No one knows. I am just saying there are many cards that do not pop up much. I am getting the impression you are upset at the current prices? Here are a couple of my Kobe exquisite cards that I have not seen on ebay for awhile...
sick cards man!!!! Specifically the two EE!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #48 (permalink)

hi enrico - have u talked to him lately about the 03-04 kobe LL?...I e-mailed him about it and something else, but we got sidetracked and I forgot to ask him how much he wants....pls PM me if u are still interested and I will call him today