Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

I personally think the Raptors are going to suprise many teams in the east and make the playoffs. They will meet the Heat in the first round and bounce them!!

A throwback to what the Warriors did to the Mavs a few years ago!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,062
Default

^Ugh....



Anyways, getting back on topic (thank you for your contributions NYers )....

Is anyone here going to Opening night on Oct. 30th vs. the Celtics?

I tried to get tickets but I couldn't....
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I personally think the Raptors are going to suprise many teams in the east and make the playoffs. They will meet the Heat in the first round and bounce them!!

A throwback to what the Warriors did to the Mavs a few years ago!
Did Marcus Camby, Vince Carter, and T-Mac all just re sign and shave 10 years off their bodies? JW... that's about the only way its even remotely possible lol
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
^Ugh....



Anyways, getting back on topic (thank you for your contributions NYers )....

Is anyone here going to Opening night on Oct. 30th vs. the Celtics?

I tried to get tickets but I couldn't....
Opening night always costs too much.. cost me $700 to go to game 3 of the finals though.. worth every penny lol
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
Opening night always costs too much.. cost me $700 to go to game 3 of the finals though.. worth every penny lol
Yeah, I know how expensive these tickets can be....

But I really want to go....Getting to see them raise the Championship banner and getting their rings will be a great moment.

And I really want to see how Ray Allen plays against his former team!

Maybe he and Rondo will get into a little skirmish???

I can only hope!
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

Serious question.... Do heat fans think they will walk through the season or the next few years. I saw a guys saying that Lebron will get seven titles... He made it sound as if it will be easy. Or is he one of those fans who gives the other fans bad names?
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,230
Default





__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Serious question.... Do heat fans think they will walk through the season or the next few years. I saw a guys saying that Lebron will get seven titles... He made it sound as if it will be easy. Or is he one of those fans who gives the other fans bad names?
haha i don't think any serious heat fan thinks the heat will walk through any season.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I personally think the Raptors are going to suprise many teams in the east and make the playoffs. They will meet the Heat in the first round and bounce them!!

A throwback to what the Warriors did to the Mavs a few years ago!
i also think the raptors will surprise and get in the playoffs (i think sixers might drop out...)
but they won't bounce the heat as fun as that would be...

SORRY! just had to throw my 2 cents in. no heat hatred (detraction?) from me in this thread at least

can't wait for the season! i'll see your boys at the garden on the 2nd!!!

carry on heaters

(can't believe i just thought of heaters...you're either a heater or a hater )
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Serious question.... Do heat fans think they will walk through the season or the next few years. I saw a guys saying that Lebron will get seven titles... He made it sound as if it will be easy. Or is he one of those fans who gives the other fans bad names?
They haven't even gotten a 1st seed in the East yet.. I don't think many think it will be a "cake walk"... but all things being equal they shouldn't have real competition until the ECF for the next few years at least.
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Serious question.... Do heat fans think they will walk through the season or the next few years. I saw a guys saying that Lebron will get seven titles... He made it sound as if it will be easy. Or is he one of those fans who gives the other fans bad names?
I'm a serious fan and I consider myself VERY knowledgeable of the NBA.

I don't think it will be a walk through, not even close.

If anything it will be a lot HARDER to repeat, they have a target on their backs, and most "experts" have said that the Heat are the "team to beat"....that gives the other 29 teams extra motivation to play their best every time they face up against this team.


I'll just say one more thing about Heat fans.....a lot of them are "cocky", in fact sports radio here in Miami constantly makes fun of Heat fans because of that.

It was actually pretty comical, when they won the championship 4 months ago, a popular radio show had a segment called "cocky heat fan call-in" where Heat fans would say ridiculous things such as:

"I'm already buying tickets to the 2013 NBA finals..."

or

"I'm already saving a spot for the Championship parade next year..."


This of course was done in a comical way, they are not serious, but there is in fact some Heat fans that are too cocky.
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
SORRY! just had to throw my 2 cents in. no heat hatred (detraction?) from me in this thread at least
haha, you're always welcome in here Knicker....
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
haha, you're always welcome in here Knicker....
haha thanks buddy

although i think the heat are the best team in the east right now, if you watch sports at all you know better than to proclaim that there will be no competition for them...which most heat fans aren't doing so don't get me wrong...but there is absolutely no way to tell what will happen throughout the course of a season. there will be injuries, unknowns, people playing better than expected...

boston and indiana were competitive with the heat last year and (although bosh was out for a lot of it) and you can count on there being more competition for them this year with a FULL season and time for other teams to jell. the heat were the most talented team last year (and probably this year) which lends to doing well in a shortened season. they still have and provide matchup problems for other teams. it will be interesting to see against teams that have bigs (lakers, knicks) which matchup problem provides more of a problem...the bigs or lebron... we didn't really get to see that last year, because although the thunder had 'bigs' perkins was horrible and ibaka isn't great. neither of them rebound worth a dayum...

i don't know if a team will be able to overcome the heat in the east this year (with rose being hurt for most of it) but it certainly isn't in the bag.

how fun would it be if rose was hurt most of the season and the bulls got the 8 to face miami in the 1...then rose comes back...
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
how fun would it be if rose was hurt most of the season and the bulls got the 8 to face miami in the 1...then rose comes back...
Oh man....that frightens me to be perfectly honest!
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
Oh man....that frightens me to be perfectly honest!
as it should! lol...that would be crazy! i honestly think they'll be higher than 7 or 8 tho so the heat should be in the clear...
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
bullrose23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: brooklyn n,y
Posts: 1,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
haha thanks buddy

although i think the heat are the best team in the east right now, if you watch sports at all you know better than to proclaim that there will be no competition for them...which most heat fans aren't doing so don't get me wrong...but there is absolutely no way to tell what will happen throughout the course of a season. there will be injuries, unknowns, people playing better than expected...

boston and indiana were competitive with the heat last year and (although bosh was out for a lot of it) and you can count on there being more competition for them this year with a FULL season and time for other teams to jell. the heat were the most talented team last year (and probably this year) which lends to doing well in a shortened season. they still have and provide matchup problems for other teams. it will be interesting to see against teams that have bigs (lakers, knicks) which matchup problem provides more of a problem...the bigs or lebron... we didn't really get to see that last year, because although the thunder had 'bigs' perkins was horrible and ibaka isn't great. neither of them rebound worth a dayum...

i don't know if a team will be able to overcome the heat in the east this year (with rose being hurt for most of it) but it certainly isn't in the bag.

how fun would it be if rose was hurt most of the season and the bulls got the 8 to face miami in the 1...then rose comes back...
I'm not hear to pump up the bulls or hate on the heat , i respect the boundaries you put on this for heat fans only just wanted to say that i do love that quote knicker about rose coming back for playoffs and possible match up with heat , to give us all bulls , heat and nba fans a chance to see what we got robbed of last year
__________________

collecting ALL CHICAGO BULLS/50 greatest/Kevin Love
bullrose23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 387
Default

Thunder will dominate the Heat
enjoipanda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
dlolobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoipanda11 View Post
Thunder will dominate the Heat
Based on what? They have to get past the Lakers again and they're loaded.
__________________
PC: Athletes from or who play in Miami. Sketch cards that catch my eye. Comics.
dlolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoipanda11 View Post
Thunder will dominate the Heat
everyone said that last year too...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 641
Default

How many of you fair weather fans actually live in south florida is my question
Shaun941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 12,422
Default

Let's GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!
__________________
It's all about the 76ers in 2015... [/SIZE]
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun941 View Post
How many of you fair weather fans actually live in south florida is my question
You could accuse me of being "fair weather" back in 1995.. not today though lol.. I've been a Heat fan since they traded for Zo and brought in Pat Riley.. I was always a Shaq guy before that and was a Magic fan as a result.

BTW.. been in the Miami area since 1988
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun941 View Post
How many of you fair weather fans actually live in south florida is my question
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

I'm not looking to get into discussions with non-Heat fans, please respect this thread, I only wish to engage with fellow Heat fans.

Thank you in advance.


I'm making this thread right now as the preseason games are under way.

So, here are some questions.

How do you guys feel about Ray Allen, how much will he contribute?

Which player concerns you the most?

How Hungry will Lebron, Wade, and Bosh be after winning a championship?

Other than the Celtics, which other Eastern Conference team is a legitimate contender?
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun941 View Post
How many of you fair weather fans actually live in south florida is my question
so you have to live in south florida to be a fan?

uh
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 12,422
Default

Some people just don't know how to follow rules, and can't help themselves.... smh

I had nothing to discuss, but I can stop in for a second to show some Heat love
__________________
It's all about the 76ers in 2015... [/SIZE]
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.