Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #76 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun941 View Post
Get league pass so you can watch all the games
Uhhh.

Thanks?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #77 (permalink)

Anytime wouldnt want you to miss your favorite team.
Shaun941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #78 (permalink)
Banned

Uh oh!!!!!! Can he be anymore unstoppable?

LeBron James might be adding the skyhook to his offensive repertoire | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

haha
Old 10-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
10 more titles, done......
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #80 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
10 more titles, done......
haha

I can hear Lebron guaranteeing more titles as he hits his skyhooks in practice...
Old 10-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Am I the only one who finds this thread hypocritical? I mean all the heat fans would start debates in other threads last year and now they do not want debates in this thread? Now I can see why 99% of the heat fans were put on my ignore list.
Dude, there is a big difference between a thread that is open for debate to anyone and a fans oriented discussion thread....HUGE difference!

And BTW, I made this thread so Heat fans can come in here and discuss with one another instead of having to get into endless and pointless arguments with certain non-Heat fans who only like to detract anything and everything dealing with the Heat.

I'm honestly trying to play "Peacemaker" around here......I enjoy debating basketball as much as anyone, but last season it got really bad, and I think that the Basketball section blowout has a bad reputation because of how out of control the banter can get.

And hey, I blame myself I know how passionate I can get, I just want to stay clear of unnecessary heated arguments that end up badly for everyone involved.

Last edited by alexcampos; 10-12-2012 at 04:33 AM.
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #82 (permalink)

Ok....back on topic.

Did Juwan Howard officially retire?

He's not on the Heat roster and I haven't heard any official statements from him.

If he did retire, then I'm happy he went out the way he did, he had a very solid career and even though most people will remember him as one of the "Fab Five".....I'm sure he will always treasure his championship year with the Heat.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
Ok....back on topic.

Did Juwan Howard officially retire?

He's not on the Heat roster and I haven't heard any official statements from him.

If he did retire, then I'm happy he went out the way he did, he had a very solid career and even though most people will remember him as one of the "Fab Five".....I'm sure he will always treasure his championship year with the Heat.
He didn't retire.. but i think he would only play for the Heat. I think the Heat want him as some pseudo coach (IE a guy they can practice with without him being on the roster)
Old 10-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
He didn't retire.. but i think he would only play for the Heat. I think the Heat want him as some pseudo coach (IE a guy they can practice with without him being on the roster)
Well, I didn't see him in the roster so I wasn't sure.

Also....here's a cool pic of the Heat in China:

Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, I didn't see him in the roster so I wasn't sure.

Also....here's a cool pic of the Heat in China:

he's a FA right now... but is that him in the middle of that pic?! lol
Old 10-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
he's a FA right now... but is that him in the middle of that pic?! lol
Haha, It might be!

But he's definitely not in the roster:

Miami Heat 2013 Team Roster - ESPN
Old 10-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha, It might be!

But he's definitely not in the roster:

Miami Heat 2013 Team Roster - ESPN
above bosh and next to haslem.. sure as BLEEP looks like him lol.. but yea as far as I know he's still a FA and will probably end up in a keith askins type role right after he "retired"... still a practice player but no roster spot.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #88 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Dude, there is a big difference between a thread that is open for debate to anyone and a fans oriented discussion thread....HUGE difference!

And BTW, I made this thread so Heat fans can come in here and discuss with one another instead of having to get into endless and pointless arguments with certain non-Heat fans who only like to detract anything and everything dealing with the Heat.

I'm honestly trying to play "Peacemaker" around here......I enjoy debating basketball as much as anyone, but last season it got really bad, and I think that the Basketball section blowout has a bad reputation because of how out of control the banter can get.

And hey, I blame myself I know how passionate I can get, I just want to stay clear of unnecessary heated arguments that end up badly for everyone involved.
What about in all the anti-heat threads? I do not see the heat fans staying out of those. I do not really think you can play peace maker when you got that dork Murrke running around. the funny thing is he doesn't think he is annoying but yet he is on like 98% of the members ignore list (mine included). Also I just can't think it can be done, a heat,anti heat thread without an argument people are bitter over Lebron and how he handled himself making the transition to Miami (personally I could care less, I more or less just want the heat to lose because of their cocky attitudes, plus I like to see underdogs win so I want all the teams that barley make it in to win)
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
What about in all the anti-heat threads? I do not see the heat fans staying out of those. I do not really think you can play peace maker when you got that dork Murrke running around. the funny thing is he doesn't think he is annoying but yet he is on like 98% of the members ignore list (mine included). Also I just can't think it can be done, a heat,anti heat thread without an argument people are bitter over Lebron and how he handled himself making the transition to Miami (personally I could care less, I more or less just want the heat to lose because of their cocky attitudes, plus I like to see underdogs win so I want all the teams that barley make it in to win)
for someone that has me on ignore you sure like to talk about me a lot.

oh by 'ignore' do you mean still read and respond to all my posts? that how members on this site seem to think ignore works as the love to claim they put people on ignore yet read and respond to every post. haha please act like an adult and stop the pointless name calling.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #90 (permalink)

OK.....back on topic.

@Heat fans.....give me your Top 3 or 5 favorite Heat players of ALL time.

Here are mine:

#1 Alonzo Mourning
#2 Dwayne Wade
#3 Tim Hardaway
#4 Lebron James
#5 Thunder Dan
Old 10-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #91 (permalink)
Banned

I think, LeBron will be so hungry to win another championship, he will do it this season, and beat the Lakers 4-2.
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #92 (permalink)
Banned

Buddinger!
enjoipanda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #93 (permalink)

What qualifies this thread as being official? Is it property of the NBA and the Miami Heat?

Just curious.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
What qualifies this thread as being official? Is it property of the NBA and the Miami Heat?

Just curious.
Blowout's #1 Heat fan.....ME!

Any other questions?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:

Any other questions?
No, but that was a good answer.

I'm not a Heat fan, but I'm not going to rip on them...I'm sure we'll be watching them in the Finals, I'm just not sure who they'll be facing.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:

Any other questions?
alex is one of the decent ones IMO...key word ONE lol...
he recognizes that sometimes he can get a little hyped but we all can. He wants a thread for heat fans to talk without all of us saying how ignorant heat fans sound hah...which is cool. it is funny how *not naming names* some heat fans would destroy basically every thread, and then a heat fan would make a thread asking other fans not to destroy theirs lol. 'i know we destroy all of your threads, but please dont destroy ours!! '

but like i said i do have respect for alex as although he can get like we ALL can sometimes, he is self aware and has respect for other fans of other teams. got no problem with it.

definitely not trying to start anything with other members here - this was basically for AC - I feel like there is plenty of respect that should be given in this forum, but for some reason, we all have to be enemies and treat other members opinions with a condescending attitude. I for one can admit that sometimes i have gotten carried away, but usually only when disrespected in the first place. which doesn't make it right, but it is what it is. its one thing to make jabs at each other but its another to just constantly belittle other members. we're all peers here.

in the end, its just a game, and its just cardboard.

sorry for the mild diversion from the heat talk - just wanted to get this in! also sorry to get all preachy for a minute lol

carry on heaters!
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #97 (permalink)

Look WHO's TALKING!!!.........

And for the record, it's not just a game, and not just cardboard! It's more than that to true collectors!! Sure it's just a game, and just cardboard to people who make music and are mega stars........... LOL but to us smaller guys, it's more than that. This sport and our hobby is my second love after family and friends. So I love when I see people saying it's just this, or it's just that.

Ok, carry on...

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Look WHO's TALKING!!!.........

And for the record, it's not just a game, and not just cardboard! It's more than that to true collectors!! Sure it's just a game, and just cardboard to people who make music and are mega stars........... LOL but to us smaller guys, it's more than that. This sport and our hobby is my second love after family and friends. So I love when I see people saying it's just this, or it's just that.

Ok, carry on...
man..........

for the record it IS just a game and it IS just cardboard. its not life or death and for most of us its not our livelihood.

i love collecting and god knows i LOVE my knicks with a passion, a team that i have rooted for my whole life as opposed to cheering for a superstar . but at the end of the day, nothing you or anyone says will make basketball more than a game (to spectators, not those who make their livelihood on it) and nothing you say will make basketball cards more than little pieces of cardboard or occasionally plastic or wood or whatever. i dont care how much you 'like' them. am i not a true collector? i love collecting and i rarely sell. i want to have every single iman shumpert card in the universe and you can SEE my whole collection in my photobucket. but because i think there's more to life then basketball cards im not a true collector?

and like i said i am not without my own faults. but some members think that they have none . come on man, im trying to bridge the gap of hatred here but it seems you have no interest in doing so, and in no way did i expect you to have interest in doing so. you'll just continue to do you - call people stalkers, complain about shilling, and be a true collector.

to borrow one of yours
happy collecting.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #99 (permalink)

@Knicker, thanks for the kind words.

And yes, I'll admit that on occasion I have gotten carried away and I completely regret some of the stuff I've said in the past.

But I'm definitely turning a new leaf.

I'd rather be on peaceful terms with everyone on here regardless for which team you root for than constantly arguing back and forth about nonsense.

Anyways...I can see this thread will continue to get attention for reasons different than what was intended.

But I'm going to continue posting and engaging any and all Heat fans.

This is going to be a fun season not only for us, but the entire NBA, there are plenty of contenders and at least we don't have to wait till Christmas to see some b-ball!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #100 (permalink)

lol what is this crap, only have talk with Heat fans? I piss on the Heat. Lakers will dominant.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote