Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post

^There's an official Celtics thread you can go to....
Old 10-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
^There's an official Celtics thread you can go to....
haha, I was kidding man. You asked how many haters are going to be in this thread tonight so I just posted a Celtics Pic
Old 10-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #153 (permalink)

Heat vs. Celtics Analysis

1-0 and a great start to what should be a pretty entertaining season.

Ray Allen really impressed me, I thought he might have a decent game against his old team, but he had a very solid game with 19 points with 5 of 7 shooting and 2 Assists.

This Heat team is very dangerous.

Their bench is very deep and they have the ability to score at will and in great numbers.

The only thing I didn't like is the fact that they let the Celtics come back late in the 4th.

Even if Lebron isn't there, that's when you gotta play tough defense and protect the lead.

Either way, I can't complain with a "W".
Old 10-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #154 (permalink)
Banned

Agree ^

Still a long way to go and the only 16 wins that really matter are at the end of the year. But def. a good start. I am afraid that they will fall to in love with the 3 but I'm liking the results so far!
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #155 (permalink)

Anyone else catch Paul Pierce screaming at Rondo "They are too loaded, you just gotta keep playing..."

that made me do a spit take watching the game lol
Old 11-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #156 (permalink)

What happened all i can hear is crickets in here it's so dead!!

Oh i guess we have to wait till they win again to hear all the chirping again .
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #157 (permalink)

I'm a Heat fan, and I'm not afraid to show up when they're playing like garbage. Denver scoring 66 points in the first half is pretty rough. I have no idea what Miami is doing on defense. They're lacking intensity and they seem to not care a whole lot. Hopefully that changes in the second half.
Kingofkings1281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
What happened all i can hear is crickets in here it's so dead!!

Oh i guess we have to wait till they win again to hear all the chirping again .
Dude, I'm not gonna comment after every single game!

Also, I KINDLY asked non-Heat fans to respect this thread.

If you want to bash the heat, please go do it elsewhere!

Last edited by alexcampos; 11-03-2012 at 10:34 PM.
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #159 (permalink)

Well, Ray Allen delivered against his old team and now he wins the game for us tonight.

It's so damn good to see him hit that three wearing OUR uniform instead of Celtic Green.

Still, the Heat don't look like themselves at all.

Their defense is straight up HORRIBLE right now.

There are ZERO excuses, they are allowing 109 ppg and every team they have faced so far have had their way with the Heat in the paint.

This team prided themselves on great defense the last two years.....the LAST thing we need is to score 100+ ppg to win a game.

That's NOT Heat basketball.

I'd rather see them score 85-90 ppg and have great defense than what they're doing so far.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
Well, Ray Allen delivered against his old team and now he wins the game for us tonight.

It's so damn good to see him hit that three wearing OUR uniform instead of Celtic Green.

Still, the Heat don't look like themselves at all.

Their defense is straight up HORRIBLE right now.

There are ZERO excuses, they are allowing 109 ppg and every team they have faced so far have had their way with the Heat in the paint.

This team prided themselves on great defense the last two years.....the LAST thing we need is to score 100+ ppg to win a game.

That's NOT Heat basketball.

I'd rather see them score 85-90 ppg and have great defense than what they're doing so far.

Come on man relax it's ok I was just looking for some fun , I am sure you are not worried about the heat as it is just the start of the season , they have the pieces to go back to back .
Old 11-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #161 (permalink)

Their defense looked porous last night, especially in the paint, but they still did enough to win. I'm not a fan of either team, but that game was entertaining.

Heat need to fix the D before they run into some of the elite teams, but they have plenty of time to get into form.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #162 (permalink)
Banned

3rd game of the season so im not worried, its all about the playoffs haha
ivecenanuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #163 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

What is up with Wade? It seems like he has the worst shot selection ever. Something doesnt seem right with him

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #164 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
What is up with Wade? It seems like he has the worst shot selection ever. Something doesnt seem right with him
Wade seems to shoot crazy shots and makes a lot of them, more so than jump shots I see him take. He should try out for the globetrotters.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #165 (permalink)

I think today I have a DEEP appreciation for the Heat organization. They have done everything possible to put a great product on the court and are committed to winning championships and keeping the fans happy.

Watching how badly the Marlins are handled makes me wonder how two sports franchises in the same city could be heading in such opposite directions.

One is trying to become a dynasty, the other is trying everything possible to be the laughing stock of the entire world of sports.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #166 (permalink)

alexcampos - I see you're a diehard Florida teamster like me. I graduated from FIU 2009 as well from the ROTC program. Currently in FT. Campbell. Small world huh.. I'm about as big a Heat/Marlins/Dolphins fan there can be. Not so much a UM/Panthers though...

My favorite memory of the Heat was their first championship.. I remember huddling with the guys praying... and watching Dwayne Wade knock in those precious last second shots of the game to eventually win us the ring! I was there @ the AAA when they played their final game (Away) - we watched it on the big screens.. oh man what a night on the streets no doubt.. sigh* memories.. I'd also watch them at 3 am or whatever when I was deployed last year to Afghanistan - DIE HARD HEAT FAN <--

Last edited by 101stLee; 11-13-2012 at 10:11 PM.
101stLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101stLee View Post
alexcampos - I see you're a diehard Florida teamster like me. I graduated from FIU 2009 as well from the ROTC program. Currently in FT. Campbell. Small world huh.. I'm about as big a Heat/Marlins/Dolphins fan there can be. Not so much a UM/Panthers though...

My favorite memory of the Heat was their first championship.. I remember huddling with the guys praying... and watching Dwayne Wade knock in those precious last second shots of the game to eventually win us the ring! I was there @ the AAA when they played their final game (Away) - we watched it on the big screens.. oh man what a night on the streets no doubt.. sigh* memories.. I'd also watch them at 3 am or whatever when I was deployed last year to Afghanistan - DIE HARD HEAT FAN <--
Very cool.

I went to the University of Florida for 2 years and didn't like it so I transferred to FIU where I graduated in 2011.

Good to see other Miami sports fans here, I'm very upset about the news today about the Marlins, but at the very least I know that the Heat will compete this year so I can't complain too much.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #168 (permalink)

I was a HUGE Marlins fan for a long time and even remember their last pitch to win their 1st World Series.. only to be dismantled the next day. Can we say heart crushing???
Old 11-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
I was a HUGE Marlins fan for a long time and even remember their last pitch to win their 1st World Series.. only to be dismantled the next day. Can we say heart crushing???
YES, very heart crushing and a big blow to all Marlin fans....that's why I say that I have a new-found appreciation for the Heat organization.

In the 25 years that the Heat have been in the NBA they have NEVER done anything like what the Marlins continue to do.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #170 (permalink)

Sorry...non-Heat Fan here....but I have something a Heat Fan may like....
Scored a pair of Haslem game used shorts from Topps a few years back - the laundry tag is still attached. I am thinking of dropping them on the bay, but figured I would see if anyone on BO was interested first.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #171 (permalink)

I gotta give props to Lebron last night for not coming out of the game when the game was pretty much over. The Clippers had built a big lead and Lebron said "don't take me out, man" to the coach. I thought it was cool that he was willing to try and bring the Heat back even though they didn't win. They did cut the lead down a little but still lost. Showed some competitiveness there.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #172 (permalink)

Don't think his shorts will sell for that much honestly, Haslem isn't that great of a player :/... and I'm a diehard Heat fan lol :P

BUT! Goodluck on your sell!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't think his shorts will sell for that much honestly, Haslem isn't that great of a player :/... and I'm a diehard Heat fan lol :P

BUT! Goodluck on your sell!
You know nothing about basketball if you say Haslem isn't that good of a player... that or you only became a heat fan in the last 2 years.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #174 (permalink)

10 games down and we're 7-3 here is the GOOD and the BAD!

Good

#1 The Heat are a better offensive team than last year (yes, that is scary!), they can easily make 10 3's every night if they really wish to do that. At the moment they are the highest scoring team.

#2 So far the Heat are 4-0 in close games, this is something that they have struggled with the previous 2 years.

#3 Once again it seems like teams coming into American Airlines Arena are going to have a hard time winning, I'm glad to see that we defend our house.

Bad

#1 We've had 4 "quality" opponents so far....and we're 1-3 against them...I'm not too concerned about that since we are 6-0 against the teams we SHOULD beat, but still, it's not something I like.

#2 Where the hell is our Championship Defense? Yes, I'm happy the offense is better, but that won't cut it in the playoffs, the last thing I want is to become the freaking Phoenix Suns of 2005-2008.

#3 Maybe it's the defense, but in certain games (especially the Kincks game) they seem to be uninterested and don't play to their level. Again, this isn't a major concern at the moment, but it has to change later in the season.

Overall, Everything is OK right now.

Last edited by alexcampos; 11-16-2012 at 01:35 AM.
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #175 (permalink)

good points alex, good win in denver tonight after a tough back to back. they were getting pretty much anything they want on offense through 3 quarters, denver had a nice run in the 4th. faried played well and andre miller exploded, what in the world has happened to danillo? he use to be pretty automatic with his shot.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote