Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #176 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post

#2 Where the hell is our Championship Defense? Yes, I'm happy the offense is better, but that won't cut it in the playoffs, the last thing I want is to become the freaking Phoenix Suns of 2005-2008.
What happened to Miami's defense? - Heat Index Blog - ESPN
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #177 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
How ironic that you post and article about poor sample size.

Lmao
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #178 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
How ironic that you post and article about poor sample size.

Lmao
Not interested in derailing the thread. I happened to read the article the other day and thought it was relevant to what was being discussed. The author clearly points out in point #1 - "We simply don't know very much when we deal with small-sample-size theater."
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #179 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Not interested in derailing the thread. I happened to read the article the other day and thought it was relevant to what was being discussed. The author clearly points out in point #1 - "We simply don't know very much when we deal with small-sample-size theater."
Exactly!

Its just ironic how you can't seem to comprehend or grasp that idea when I've pointed it out to you many times recently. You just ignore it and act like it doesn't matter and that I have no idea what I'm talking about. But now you all of a sudden agree with it? hmmm yeah about that....
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #180 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Exactly!

Its just ironic how you can't seem to comprehend or grasp that idea when I've pointed it out to you many times recently. You just ignore it and act like it doesn't matter and that I have no idea what I'm talking about. But now you all of a sudden agree with it? hmmm yeah about that....
No, I just believe that 28% of games played is a fair enough sample size in a given year to make reasonable assumptions. You on the other hand prefer to use stats from 2-3 years ago to make your points on current evaluations. Keep living in 2010.
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #181 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
No, I just believe that 28% of games played is a fair enough sample size in a given year to make reasonable assumptions. You on the other hand prefer to use stats from 2-3 years ago to make your points on current evaluations. Keep living in 2010.
Lol that's actually not true. How am I living in 2010? You sure like to say that over and over again.

So 15 games is a good sample size yet 8 games isn't?

And how about that sample size of one? Lol

You are looking mighty silly.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #182 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,040
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

The Heat play better without Wade, period

First win at Denver since 2002! WOW

How ironic, it was done when Wade didnt play. Heat are now 16-3 without Wade, next up let Haslem become a towel boy.
__________________
http://www.finalsmvp.com/

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #183 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Lol that's actually not true. How am I living in 2010? You sure like to say that over and over again.

So 15 games is a good sample size yet 8 games isn't?
Lol. The fact you would even ask that question shows what a fraud you are when it comes to statistics. It is not a yes or no question. Depends on what you are measuring, the size of the population, and how confident you want to be in the conclusions you draw from the results. A 15 game sample out of 53 games played is different than 8 games out of a potential 82.
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #184 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Lol. The fact you would even ask that question shows what a fraud you are when it comes to statistics. It is not a yes or no question. Depends on what you are measuring, the size of the population, and how confident you want to be in the conclusions you draw from the results. A 15 game sample out of 53 games played is different than 8 games out of a potential 82.
I'm a fraud when it comes to statistics? When?

You are the one that used a sample size of one. You are the one that used a sample size of 15. You are the one that tried to mock the fact that I was calling you out for using stupid samples sizes. You then ignored that fact and now you are now posting articles saying sample size is something that needs to be considered.

Yeah you look silly. good try

Your sample size of 15 out of 53 may not be a complete joke (although that still is debatable- i mean it was better then a sample size of 1) but I was never talking about 1 season.

Last edited by murrke03; 11-16-2012 at 01:32 PM.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #185 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I'm a fraud when it comes to statistics? When?

You are the one that used a sample size of one. You are the one that used a sample size of 15. You are the one that tried to mock the fact that I was calling you out for using stupid samples sizes. You then ignored that fact and now you are now posting articles saying sample size is something that needs to be considered.

Yeah you look silly. good try

Your sample size of 15 out of 53 may not be a complete joke (although that still is debatable- i mean it was better then a sample size of 1) but I was never talking about 1 season.
Well then we can both agree that a sample size of 1 and 15 is better than a sample size of 0....which is what you provided.

Here is what you said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post

not having ray anymore is going to take a couple asts away so it could get close some games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Seems like I was correct when I said Ray Allen added about 3-4 assists on to Rondos totals every game.
Already showed that not having Ray did not take away assists from Rondo last year so not sure why it would this year. Give it a try though. Use some statistics and back up your nonsense. Please post on the other thread though.
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #186 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Ray Allen winning games.

I like it!
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #187 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,628
Default

now that the knicks have lost 2 straight, weve got the best record in the east and tied for second best in the league, keep on rolling!!!!! i havent got to watch the heat play in a couple of weeks but i think picking up rashard lewis was a good. he can still shoot lights out, and ray allen is still a great pickup. as all these guys play together, the heat are going to grow even better. there are so many players that can stand around and shoot from all over the floor while the big 3 demand most of the defenses attention.

Last edited by pingbling23; 11-25-2012 at 07:46 AM.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #188 (permalink)
Member
 
chrismiller81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 1,458
Default

2012 MVP
2012 Finals MVP
2012 Champion

__________________
LEBRON.......KOBE......
EXQUISITES WANTED
chrismiller81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #189 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,628
Default

good win tonight vs the hawks, they were nipping at our hills for the top spot in our division. we got alot of work to do to get back ontop of the knicks, those 2 loses to them are not helping us any.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #190 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,049
Default

W00T!!!

Christmas is here....LET'S GO HEAT!!!
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #191 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,628
Default

The heat are back on top of the east, for how long who knows, but only 4th overall.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 AM   #192 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,049
Default

It always feels DAMN GOOD to beat the Lakers.

And kicking a lion when he's down....yeah, even better feeling

I feel zero mercy for them, I hope they keep losing.
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:31 AM   #193 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
It always feels DAMN GOOD to beat the Lakers.

And kicking a lion when he's down....yeah, even better feeling

I feel zero mercy for them, I hope they keep losing.
the silver lining to a heat win
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #194 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,628
Default

im just sick i didnt get to watch the game, ive been off for 2 weeks and had to start day shift today...... looks like i missed a good one.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 AM   #195 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,049
Default

The HEATS finally made their way to the White House to see Obama....here's the vid for anyone that is interested:

__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:20 AM   #196 (permalink)
Member
 
Kingofkings1281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
The HEATS finally made their way to the White House to see Obama....here's the vid for anyone that is interested:

That's just awesome. Thanks for posting it, man.
__________________
Always looking for Vince Carter and Tom Brady.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #197 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,049
Default

I didn't think it was possible, but if the season ended tonight, I think you HAVE to give the MVP to Lebron.

But the most important stat isn't lebron, it's the Heat.

I found it a bit weird that their longest winning streak this year so far is only 7 games.

So, right now they're at 6 straight and their best winning percentage being 21 games above .500

35-14.......3 full games above the Knicks and looking pretty good so far.
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #198 (permalink)
Member
 
RedSoxFan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
I didn't think it was possible, but if the season ended tonight, I think you HAVE to give the MVP to Lebron.

But the most important stat isn't lebron, it's the Heat.

I found it a bit weird that their longest winning streak this year so far is only 7 games.

So, right now they're at 6 straight and their best winning percentage being 21 games above .500

35-14.......3 full games above the Knicks and looking pretty good so far.
Yeah, but if the season ended 7 games ago he wouldn't have won it. LeBron is on a hot streak, I highly doubt he will keep this play up for many more games.
__________________
Baseball- Boston Red Sox, Football- New England Patriots, Basketball- Boston Celtics & OKC Thunder, Hockey- Boston Bruins
"I understand you live in Maine and idiocy,ignorance and stupidity is a part of daily life" - Gibberish (10/12/2012)
RedSoxFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #199 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,628
Default

the heat are on a great streak. they have won 9 in a row, beating the clipps and lakers in miami and beating okc, atl, and chicago on their court. keep on rolling and get ready for the playoffs.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #200 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stockton,Ca
Posts: 2,061
Default

save sum for the playoffs
ivecenanuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.