Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/)
-   -   Heat fans official thread. (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/380932-heat-fans-official-thread.html)

alexcampos 10-09-2012 08:11 PM

Heat fans official thread.

[b][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING![/SIZE][/COLOR][/b]

I'm not looking to get into discussions with non-Heat fans, please respect this thread, I only wish to engage with fellow Heat fans.

Thank you in advance. :)

[B]EDIT:[/B] I'm NOT trying to exclude anyone, I'm sure some of the bigger teams with larger fan bases such as the Lakers, Celtics and Knicks can also have their own "official thread" where they can discuss their team throughout the season. That's basically what I've done here.

I'm making this thread right now as the preseason games are under way.

So, here are some questions.

How do you guys feel about Ray Allen, how much will he contribute?

Which player concerns you the most?

How Hungry will Lebron, Wade, and Bosh be after winning a championship?

Other than the Celtics, which other Eastern Conference team is a legitimate contender?

21taylor21-0911 10-09-2012 08:13 PM

i think lebron has his biggest year yet and wins another mvp and another finals, they jsut got better in the offseason and dont really see anyone beating them to talented and got some depth now as well

alexcampos 10-09-2012 08:38 PM

[QUOTE=21taylor21-0911;3447073]i think lebron has his biggest year yet and wins another mvp and another finals, they jsut got better in the offseason and dont really see anyone beating them to talented and got some depth now as well[/QUOTE]
I also think Lebron will have another big year, although winning a 4th MVP will be very tough.

My biggest concern is Wade....

He's getting old, and he now has 2 championships, I hope he's still hungry, but more importantly, I hope he stays healthy!

yaoming 10-09-2012 08:51 PM

They need to get Oden or another 7 footer to match up with Lakers.
No one in Eastern conf can beat them, assuming no injuries.
Staying healthy is key

Imac7065 10-09-2012 08:53 PM

The Heat will re define what a "line up" is in the NBA with Bosh playing the 5 and Lebron playing the 4 on defense and 1 on offense...

as for "hunger".. I think now that lebron "gets it"... he will be gunning for Jordan's crown and won't be satisfied until he has a 7th ring.. I'm not worried about that (assuming he stays healthy)..

what I am worried about is Wade... I always knew he would have a shorter career than most.. breaking down at 30 does worry me though.

realreodeal 10-09-2012 09:01 PM

I am not a big fan of the Heat however I really think they are the class of the East and their only roadblock wll be either the Thunder or Lakers in the Finals. Ray Allen has lost a step but with Bosh, Lebron and Wade he just needs to be alert and behind the 3 point line because he is about to get fed a lot of wide open three balls.

I like the Heat a lot this year to win it all but they still need to stay healthy. Nothing can hurt your playoff chances more than an injury to one of your stars, just ask the Bulls:devil:

alexcampos 10-09-2012 09:03 PM

[QUOTE=Imac7065;3447288]what I am worried about is Wade... I always knew he would have a shorter career than most.. breaking down at 30 does worry me though.[/QUOTE]
Boy, I hope it's not THAT bad.

But I can definitely see that his time as a "Superstar" might slowly be coming to it's end.

I still think he has a few very good years left ([B]IF he stays healthy[/B]).

Now....going back to Lebron.

Having one of the GREATEST players in the history of the NBA playing for your favorite team ON HIS PRIME, is an amazing treat.

I'm so excited for Oct. 30!

Exquisite Man 10-09-2012 09:44 PM

besides the celtics the knicks are contenders if melo and amare are on with tyson on dee they could beat them on any given night and this year the knicks are better then the celtics and the second best team in the east celtics are 3rd then bulls 4th.

XARZY 10-09-2012 10:39 PM

Im just pissed that I wont be able to catch all the knicks games this year since I took my talents down to south beach...

tristan20 10-09-2012 10:45 PM

[QUOTE=XARZY;3447987]Im just pissed that I wont be able to catch all the knicks games this year since I took my talents down to south beach...[/QUOTE]

I would be glad to swap locations with you :)!

alexcampos 10-09-2012 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=XARZY;3447987]Im just pissed that I wont be able to catch all the knicks games this year since I took my talents down to south beach...[/QUOTE]

WHOA!!!

When did you get here?

LOL, want to go to a Heat game? Trust me, by the end of the night, I'll turn you into "one of us" :)!

murrke03 10-09-2012 11:00 PM

I'm concerned with how they will actually deal with the lineups. It's going to be tough figuring out minutes but once they can do that it should be interesting to watch.

Like someone said Bosh is going to have to play 5 and Lebron at 4 if they want their 'best' 5 on the floor together. The question becomes how will they matchup with other teams or do they let the other teams worry about them.

tristan20 10-09-2012 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=murrke03;3448163]I'm concerned with how they will actually deal with the lineups. It's going to be tough figuring out minutes but once they can do that it should be interesting to watch.

Like someone said Bosh is going to have to play 5 and Lebron at 4 if they want their 'best' 5 on the floor together. The question becomes how will they matchup with other teams or do they let the other teams worry about them.[/QUOTE]

Other teams would be more concerned about Lebron. He will draw fouls and destroy any defensive plays.

XARZY 10-09-2012 11:54 PM

[QUOTE=alexcampos;3448118]WHOA!!!

When did you get here?

LOL, want to go to a Heat game? Trust me, by the end of the night, I'll turn you into "one of us" :)![/QUOTE]

been about a month now. i doubt ill make it to heat games but you can catch me at sunlife on any given sunday :)!

Imac7065 10-09-2012 11:57 PM

[QUOTE=tristan20;3448033]I would be glad to swap locations with you :)![/QUOTE]

you can have Miami.. I wanna move back to NY.. I actually hate South FL.. but love the teams lol

Imac7065 10-09-2012 11:59 PM

[QUOTE=XARZY;3448560]been about a month now. i doubt ill make it to heat games but you can catch me at sunlife on any given sunday :)![/QUOTE]

when you turn into a shrived raisin... my condolences lol... I recommend SPF 150 for a NYer haha

alexcampos 10-10-2012 12:05 AM

[QUOTE=Imac7065;3448595]you can have Miami.. I wanna move back to NY.. I actually hate South FL.. but love the teams lol[/QUOTE]

I'm the opposite with NY.

I lived in Queens for a year when I was 11 years old...

I LOVE NY.....but I HATE the teams, I can't stand the Yanks, Jets, Mets, Giants, Knicks....all of them!

tristan20 10-10-2012 12:07 AM

[QUOTE=alexcampos;3448668]I'm the opposite with NY.

I LOVE NY.....but I HATE the teams, I can't stand the Yanks, Jets, Mets, Giants, Knicks....all of them![/QUOTE]

Dont forget our newest team, Brooklyn Nets! :)!

Combine the Knicks and the Nets and I think NY would be a legit contender

Imac7065 10-10-2012 12:09 AM

[QUOTE=alexcampos;3448668]I'm the opposite with NY.

I LOVE NY.....but I HATE the teams, I can't stand the Yanks, Jets, Mets, Giants, Knicks....all of them![/QUOTE]

I was born in NY.. still hate all NY teams (family feud thing lol)... I grew up with Miami teams.

alexcampos 10-10-2012 12:19 AM

[QUOTE=tristan20;3448681]Dont forget our newest team, Brooklyn Nets! :)!

Combine the Knicks and the Nets and I think NY would be a legit contender[/QUOTE]
LOL Nets :D

Actually, I think they might be a solid #5 or #6 Seed!

[QUOTE=Imac7065;3448700]I was born in NY.. still hate all NY teams (family feud thing lol)... I grew up with Miami teams.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what is it with New York and Miami people.

There are SOOOO many connections!

Do all NY people come down here?

Also, @ Heat fans, how great was it to FINALLY beat the Knicks in the playoff last year :D

For me that was WAAAAAAYYY better than beating the Pacers and Celtics....not the Thunder, obviously.

gonygo 10-10-2012 01:10 AM

this thread has turned into memory lane. NY is king! lol

Lebron623 10-10-2012 01:17 PM

Lets go Miami...:)

Hallco 10-10-2012 02:01 PM

I hope Rice and Seikaly have a big year offensively. There's talk that this Harold Miner kid from USC is going to be the next big thing! I think they are calling him "Baby Jordan!"

:D

mrveggieman 10-10-2012 03:41 PM

The heat are not my favorite team per se but I am not a heat hater either. I actually am cool with the heat because I was able to get D-Wade and Bosh auto IP prior to their game against the hawks. That being said the heat baring anything unforseen should make it out of the eastern confrence and will have a good chance of winning back to back titles. I think that their big 3 each tasting success yearn for more and will win at least 3 championships before their retire.

mrveggieman 10-10-2012 03:43 PM

[QUOTE=Hallco;3450489]I hope Rice and Seikaly have a big year offensively. There's talk that this Harold Miner kid from USC is going to be the next big thing! I think they are calling him "Baby Jordan!"

:D[/QUOTE]

LOL. Right now you can get his cards real cheap but could skyrocket in value.

[url=http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=harold+miner&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&satitle=harold+miner]harold miner | eBay[/url]