Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
yeah man, i didn't hate jordan hill as most knicks fans did. there were some other people on the board i wanted...but i really wanted rubio who went a couple picks before them obviously or steph who was oooh so close......

i have a tinfoil hat theory (lol, and im not big into conspiracies) that the knicks knew they'd have to part with whoever they drafted if they were going to clear as much cap space as they wanted in order to make a run at the FA's that summer (lebron, amare, bosh etc). they knew that the knicks fans would be furious with that pick (they HAD to know that lol) and it would make him easy to trade as the fans wouldnt be down with him. they knew like you said he wasn't quite ready for the nba. he wouldn't make an immediate impact and therefor not be an immediate fan favorite. where as if they had drafted say, brandon jennings, they would have had a HARD time parting with him and fans would have not appreciated that. i say all of this keeping in mind that the knicks owner is james dolan who doesn't give a $hit about us anyways. but i digress...
the knicks didn't have much assets at that point and their draft pick would be their obvious best one, and would have to be included at some point or another in a deal with one of the many cap killers the knicks had on the books at the time.

so in summation lol, i think they might have taken Jhill knowing full well what they were going to do with him...and that plan didn't involve him being a knick for the long term...

(sorry for the thread diversion)
no tinfoil hat conspiracy there, it's the first thing I thought of when they drafted him, I wasn't happy about him being "used" like that

But while we're off topic, I have a funny Dolan story since you brought him up

A few years back (and as I type this I realize it was like 6 years ago, geeze) I was at Bonnaroo (if you don't know it, it's only the best thing ever) and we were getting some food and drinks in one of the tents. In there was a little band playing some music and we were really digging it so we stayed and listened to them for at least an hour or so. Afterwards they were giving out their CDs for free, so naturally I took one.

About a year or so later I see an interview with the Knicks owner, didn't know who the Knicks owner was until this interview, and I couldn't shake the feeling that I knew him from somewhere, he looked too damn familiar. Went and did some quick research only to find out he was the lead singer in that band, JD and the Straight shot, thought it was pretty funny at the time, had no idea we were listening to a billionaire NBA owner on a farm surrounded by 100,000 hippies, hahahaha.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #52 (permalink)

Wolves will have the 3rd best record in the West this season.

Call me crazy but I see everything falling in line for them.

Now that Adelman is calling the shots:

They got rid of a bunch of knucklehead players/losers (Darko, Beasley, Wes Johnson) and replaced them with accomplished veterans (AK-47, BRoy and Budinger).
razorsharp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
Wolves will have the 3rd best record in the West this season.

Call me crazy but I see everything falling in line for them.

They got rid of a bunch of knucklehead players/losers (Darko, Beasley, Wes Johnson) and replaced them with accomplished veterans (AK-47, BRoy and Budinger).
Totally agree
Old 10-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinusall View Post
I was obsessed with the B Roy UD Black RC autos had like nine of them total.

Was a fan of AK47 so hopefully can be good. I do hope they are kind of slow with Rubio no real reason to rush him. I was most impressed with Rubios D

Pek is the man!
Just got this In today
Old 10-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
no tinfoil hat conspiracy there, it's the first thing I thought of when they drafted him, I wasn't happy about him being "used" like that

But while we're off topic, I have a funny Dolan story since you brought him up

A few years back (and as I type this I realize it was like 6 years ago, geeze) I was at Bonnaroo (if you don't know it, it's only the best thing ever) and we were getting some food and drinks in one of the tents. In there was a little band playing some music and we were really digging it so we stayed and listened to them for at least an hour or so. Afterwards they were giving out their CDs for free, so naturally I took one.

About a year or so later I see an interview with the Knicks owner, didn't know who the Knicks owner was until this interview, and I couldn't shake the feeling that I knew him from somewhere, he looked too damn familiar. Went and did some quick research only to find out he was the lead singer in that band, JD and the Straight shot, thought it was pretty funny at the time, had no idea we were listening to a billionaire NBA owner on a farm surrounded by 100,000 hippies, hahahaha.
haha unfortunately i do know what bonnaroo is lol. i spent most of my childhood in SC (by way of NYC) and had a ton of friends who went to manchester every year to ... hear some good music and get some good vibes . im also a musician...but yeah im very familiar with the festival and the culture lol. although it seems like its becoming less and less hippie and more and more popular music. oh well, as long as the extra curricular activities are there *they always will be* then so will the hippies .

but man thats crazy! i knew jimmy had a crappy band (although i've never heard it so hey, might be great!) but i had no idea they played at roo...
what year was that?? my boy who i split my knicks season tickets with went for a few years, some of the first years of bonnaroo i believe...

great story tho man lol...he should stick to music, can't be as bad of a musician as he is an nba owner...
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
williams could be a PF...after watching melo play a lot of PF last year (after it was thought he was STRICTLY a SF) he played better at the PF and created some really hard match-up problems for defenses. Williams could do the same thing. although he's a little undersized its basically the same exact idea. he's got good moves by the basket and could elude bigger and slower PF's just like melo was doing... I got faith in the young man still.
He IS a 4 not a 3 at all
Old 10-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #57 (permalink)

Sweet card

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSeiberlich View Post
Just got this In today
Wants. Baseball Old wax boxes 1980,82,83,85 topps and Football Just 1986 topps wax Box and rack box Adrian Peterson Auto's from Five Star/Exquisite! Some Select on Cards Auto's Of AP ALL Exquisite Auto's of Thurman Thomas in Bills jersey
itsinusall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #58 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Mack110

Officially a Fan of the Wolves