Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/)
-   -   Timberwolves Fans officially thread (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/382164-timberwolves-fans-officially-thread.html)

ChaseSeib 10-12-2012 02:01 PM

Timberwolves Fans officially thread

Saw one for the heat, so decided to make one for the wolves. I'm really excited about this team with love, Roy, kirilenko, pekovic, budinger, and shved. They should be one of the most exciting teams to watch this year.

clipperboy24 10-12-2012 06:29 PM

here's your first response, good luck getting more ;)

I think the Twolves are actually going to have a really exciting squad and they picked up some great pieces and should be fun to watch this year.

tennelson55 10-12-2012 06:39 PM

at least there's a future to the wolves. i know that in ny there wasn't any hope for sometime because of isiah thomas. i don't think he was very helpful in signing some of the worst showtime players. anyways i personally didn't think the wolves would be in the playoffs considering they traded away al jefferson and a few others, but i'm happy to see that they aren't drafting all guards anymore. anyways gl watching em!

alexcampos 10-12-2012 06:46 PM

Good luck to the Wolves.....I Love K-Love :D

armyatc22 10-12-2012 06:47 PM

Officially what?

suki24 10-12-2012 06:48 PM

lol T-pups, Rubio and KLove gonna put on a good show

CC_123 10-12-2012 06:52 PM

I'm pumped for the Wolves! There squad is looking fabulous!

PG-Rubio/Barea/Ridnour
SG-Roy/Shved/Lee
SF-AK47/Williams/Budinger
PF-Love/Cunningham/Amundson
C-Pekovic/Stiesma

Young squad with vets mixed in! Wolves could make a nice run this season. They have a lot of amazing talent on the team! They will be exciting and a team to watch this season!

zonacats8 10-12-2012 06:52 PM

Count me in as a T-Wolves fan for now

Haven't really cared about the NBA for years but the Rockets (Budinger and Jordan Hill) had been my team for a bit and now with Budinger and Derrick Williams the Wolves take over as my favorite team

zonacats8 10-12-2012 06:53 PM

[QUOTE=CC_123;3462714]I'm pumped for the Wolves! There squad is looking fabulous!

PG-Rubio/Barea/Ridnour
SG-Roy/Shved/Lee
C-Pekovic/Stiesma

Young squad with vets mixed in! Wolves could make a nice run this season. They have a lot of amazing talent on the team! They will be exciting and a team to watch this season![/QUOTE]

Williams absolutely should not be a SF, his best potential in the NBA is as a face up PF and the Wolves trying to force him into the SF role is going to ruin his career until he gets shipped out of town unfortunately

CC_123 10-12-2012 06:56 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3462725]Williams absolutely should not be a SF, his best potential in the NBA is as a face up PF and the Wolves trying to force him into the SF role is going to ruin his career until he gets shipped out of town unfortunately[/QUOTE]

He would rarely see the court at a PF. He will see more time at SF. He will be just fine at SF, its a role he has to get used to as a lot of NBA teams will have him at SF over PF. I don't think the Wolves will ship him as soon as you think either. Who knows, he could be a Wolf for his career. It's only his 2nd season.

zonacats8 10-12-2012 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=CC_123;3462758]He would rarely see the court at a PF. He will see more time at SF. He will be just fine at SF, its a role he has to get used to as a lot of NBA teams will have him at SF over PF. I don't think the Wolves will ship him as soon as you think either. Who knows, he could be a Wolf for his career. It's only his 2nd season.[/QUOTE]

Just because it's where he'll get the most minutes doesn't mean it's where his game is best suited for.

I'll guarantee there isn't anyone else on this board who has seen him play as much as I have, he's an NBA PF, and he'd be a very good one at that, which is why I didn't want the Wolves to drag him with Love locked in at the PF for years to come.

ChaseSeib 10-12-2012 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=CC_123;3462714]I'm pumped for the Wolves! There squad is looking fabulous!

PG-Rubio/Barea/Ridnour
SG-Roy/Shved/Lee
C-Pekovic/Stiesma

Young squad with vets mixed in! Wolves could make a nice run this season. They have a lot of amazing talent on the team! They will be exciting and a team to watch this season![/QUOTE]

That's perfect if you put bud Infront of Williams

zonacats8 10-12-2012 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=ChaseSeiberlich;3463015]That's perfect if you put bud Infront of Williams[/QUOTE]

how about Bud at the 3, Williams at the 4, Love at the 5

My favorite lineup, how could you not love two Wildcats on the court together :)!

ChaseSeib 10-12-2012 07:46 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3463023]how about Bud at the 3, Williams at the 4, Love at the 5

My favorite lineup, how could you not love two Wildcats on the court together :)![/QUOTE]

Well first off, Williams kinda sucks. Coming from a true wolves fan, he was bad last year and in the first preseason game it looks like nothing improved

zonacats8 10-12-2012 07:54 PM

[QUOTE=ChaseSeiberlich;3463031]Well first off, Williams kinda sucks. Coming from a true wolves fan, he was bad last year and in the first preseason game it looks like nothing improved[/QUOTE]

It's because they're playing him out of position and asking him to do things that aren't suited to his game.

I watched every second of his college career and trust me, he is anything but a bad player, he's just not able to play his game on this team, which is why I REALLY didn't want the Wolves to draft him.

ChaseSeib 10-12-2012 07:56 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3463073]It's because they're playing him out of position and asking him to do things that aren't suited to his game.

I watched every second of his college career and trust me, he is anything but a bad player, he's just not able to play his game on this team, which is why I REALLY didn't want the Wolves to draft him.[/QUOTE]

I watched a few of his college games and he is something special. The wolves should do what's right for both sides and trade him

suki24 10-12-2012 07:59 PM

As much as a joke the Wolves are, I got them making 8th or 7th seed.

ChaseSeib 10-12-2012 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=suki24;3463098]As much as a [B]joke[/B] the Wolves are, I got them making 8th or 7th seed.[/QUOTE]

Can you please explain how they are a "joke?

zonacats8 10-12-2012 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=ChaseSeiberlich;3463082]I watched a few of his college games and he is something special. The wolves should do what's right for both sides and trade him[/QUOTE]

his ability to score with both hands at the rim while taking contact and getting to the line was absolutely remarkable, he could do it at basically anytime he wanted to.

There is a reason he led the nation in FT attempts and makes his last year in school (actually might have finished like #2 in makes but it was close enough as I know he led the nation in attempts by a large margin)

The problem is that everyone saw his 3 pt fg % and assumed he was a SF, nobody realized that he only took like 60 3's on the season, which is still a high number to shoot like 60% but it's not enough to make him a SF in the NBA

ChaseSeib 10-12-2012 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3463118]his ability to score with both hands at the rim while taking contact and getting to the line was absolutely remarkable, he could do it at basically anytime he wanted to.

There is a reason he led the nation in FT attempts and makes his last year in school (actually might have finished like #2 in makes but it was close enough as I know he led the nation in attempts by a large margin)[/QUOTE]

Yeah he's incredible, I would love to see what he could do when his talents are utilized

zonacats8 10-12-2012 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=ChaseSeiberlich;3463123]Yeah he's incredible, I would love to see what he could do when his talents are utilized[/QUOTE]

You can't fit a square peg in a round hole, and if them forcing it ruins his chances at a solid career before it begins, I'm going to be furiuos

As much as I hate the Lakers I was really hoping they were going to trade Gasol for Williams as putting him at the PF with Kobe, Nash, and Bynum (Howard) would have been nuts, it would have launched his career much sooner

ChaseSeib 10-12-2012 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3463141]You can't fit a square peg in a round hole, and if them forcing it ruins his chances at a solid career before it begins, I'm going to be furiuos

As much as I hate the Lakers I was really hoping they were going to trade Gasol for Williams as putting him at the PF with Kobe, Nash, and Bynum (Howard) would have been nuts, it would have launched his career much sooner[/QUOTE]

Im praying adelman/Kahn realize what they're doing

suki24 10-12-2012 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=ChaseSeiberlich;3463114]Can you please explain how they are a "joke?[/QUOTE]

It's a long list, well for starters, Wolves been in lottery for 8 years straight or so, then dumb drafts picks by your joke president Kahn.

ChaseSeib 10-12-2012 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=suki24;3463167]It's a long list, well for starters, Wolves been in lottery for 8 years straight or so, then dumb drafts picks by your joke president Kahn.[/QUOTE]

Touché, I agree Kahn is not great, but this offseason he made some great moves. Btw, they weren't in the lottery last year :)!

Knicker_Please 10-12-2012 08:12 PM

williams could be a PF...after watching melo play a lot of PF last year (after it was thought he was STRICTLY a SF) he played better at the PF and created some really hard match-up problems for defenses. Williams could do the same thing. although he's a little undersized its basically the same exact idea. he's got good moves by the basket and could elude bigger and slower PF's just like melo was doing... I got faith in the young man still.