Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #26 (permalink)

i really like Pistons over 31.5 wins.

IMO the pistons will have a big season this year!

with knight,drummond,stuckey and Monroe they have a very good team!
got_Sheed? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
People need to stop quoting age for the Celtics, they have 2 older players, 3 if you wanna count Jason Collins, but frankly who does? The Knicks are the oldest team in NBA history....history! So if people use age on the Celtics, they need to check out the Knicks and others too.

Win totals dont mean much to me, as long as a team finishes in the top 4 of the conference, and they get home court that is what is going to matter. I can see the Celtics finishing with 58 wins all the way down to 48 if they wanna rest guys through the winter. I can see the Knicks with 50ish wins and all the way down to a disaster at 38 depending on health too.

I think the Bulls struggle to hit 50, I really doubt they capture that magic that they did last year when Rose went down for a full season.

And yes Charlotte should be in the teens again, other than that who knows on the rest.
Although the Knicks are technically the oldest team in history it's not people they're going to be relying on to play major minutes. The celtics are relying on 2 starters that are up there in age. You think the celts being old is blown out of Proportion...the Knicks aren't starting anyone over 30 and those are the guys who will play the big minutes. Kidd won't be asked to play big minutes and will be splitting them with Pablo...all the 2 guards are young...Kurt and Rasheed wont be asked to play big minutes...camby either although he's proven the past few years he still can. These guys can all rest when they need to. Not having any rookies also helps make this the oldest team in league history...so what they don't have the usual 2 or 3 youngins on the end of the bench that never see the floor. They have serviceable older vets that can spell one another.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
Although the Knicks are technically the oldest team in history it's not people they're going to be relying on to play major minutes. The celtics are relying on 2 starters that are up there in age. You think the celts being old is blown out of Proportion...the Knicks aren't starting anyone over 30 and those are the guys who will play the big minutes. Kidd won't be asked to play big minutes and will be splitting them with Pablo...all the 2 guards are young...Kurt and Rasheed wont be asked to play big minutes...camby either although he's proven the past few years he still can. These guys can all rest when they need to. Not having any rookies also helps make this the oldest team in league history...so what they don't have the usual 2 or 3 youngins on the end of the bench that never see the floor. They have serviceable older vets that can spell one another.
Stop it. You were all over the place when they signed Kidd, you mean to tell me now hes just barely a 2nd/3rd tier PG? Come on. Same with Camby, they maybe "back ups" but you and other Knick fans think they will be a major part of the team, so even if they arent superstars, they are old and main pieces.

It'd be one thing if their vets were Jason Collins and Kurt Thomas, they are old because their first 2 guys off the bench not named JR Smith are both pushing 40. That is the difference. Where as the Celtics only 2 "elder" players are both potential All Stars.

My point still stands, the Knicks are older and should be stated as such. Your bench is either crazy (Smith) or old (Thomas/Kidd/Pigeon/Camby)

Tyson Chandler is 30 and Amare will be 30 in a month, so you saying they arent starting anyone over 30 is not true
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Stop it. You were all over the place when they signed Kidd, you mean to tell me now hes just barely a 2nd/3rd tier PG? Come on. Same with Camby, they maybe "back ups" but you and other Knick fans think they will be a major part of the team, so even if they arent superstars, they are old and main pieces.

It'd be one thing if their vets were Jason Collins and Kurt Thomas, they are old because their first 2 guys off the bench not named JR Smith are both pushing 40. That is the difference. Where as the Celtics only 2 "elder" players are both potential All Stars.

My point still stands, the Knicks are older and should be stated as such. Your bench is either crazy (Smith) or old (Thomas/Kidd/Pigeon/Camby)

Tyson Chandler is 30 and Amare will be 30 in a month, so you saying they arent starting anyone over 30 is not true
Kidd is a 2/3rd stringer lol. I NEVER said he was more than that. We're all excited for what he brings to the team that doesnt involve playing. And he isn't the only serviceable back up pg the Knicks have. Would you rather have kidd/Prigioni as back ups or ______ (celtics back up pg)...the first guys off the bench will be JR, Steve Novak, and Marcus camby. Kurt will play but they won't push him unless he looks like he can handle it. The celtics are banking on kg and pierce, which isn't bad because they're great players, but you can't deny that the celts have the age at more important roles than the Knicks.
You're forgetting about brewer or shump whichever one comes off the bench when shump is healthy and Novak...and James white will play too.

How is me saying no one is over the age of 30 not true if all of them are 30 or younger lol? Last time I checked you had to be 31 to be older than 30...maybe that's just my definition tho lol.

Not looking for a huge argument, you're a celts fan I'm a Knicks fan, we have our opinions. One of them will win the division but in my opinion it will be the knicks. Barley lost it last year after tanking the first half under dumbantoni and the roster is much improved.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapippenfan View Post
Some fun facts about the 72-10 Bulls...

Only one of their 10 losses came by more than 10 points

In the nine losses by 10 or less points, they lost by an average of just 5.0 points

Their last three losses of the regular season were all by one point

They had started out 37-0 at home before losing two of their last four games

One of their losses came at the hands of a 21-61 Raptors' team

Indiana beat then twice that year

They won 14 of their first 15 playoff games (losing to the Knicks by three in the lone defeat during that streak)
Cool facts. Thanks for sharing.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #31 (permalink)

Here are mine:

boston 51 (UNDER)
charlotte 19.5 (OVER)
chicago 50 (UNDER)
cavs 31 (OVER)
mavs 44.5 (UNDER)
clippers 50.5 (OVER)
lakers 59.5 (OVER)
heat 61 (OVER)
knicks 46.5 (OVER)
okc 60.5 (UNDER)
Kosmo Kards is offline   Reply With Quote