Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStars2324 View Post
Well I have been buying some of the rare ones that I am able to find. I can't afford a lot of them so I can't get everything lol and a lot of the ones I have hold there own value to me so I would not want to sell them. I am not sure what you are exactly looking for in your question? There is no denying a lot of the really rare exquisites don't show up often. I have been looking for a Kobe 08-09 exquisite limited logos and have only seen 1 pop up in the last 4 months I believe and it was too pricey since it was inscribed.
Im looking for the right answer. If I was told that I could turn $100k into $10 million and it was guarenteed (like you guys are guarenteeing that exquisite will turn folds of value as a fact), would you mortgage your house and take a loan from the bank to get on this "Hot train" that supposedly is guarnteed to go up in value? Its a no brainer to me. Yet I see so many exquisite cards for sale on ebay.

Im expecting you guys to go buy it all up because it only makes sense since you think its going up in value. But im still waiting and seems like no one is in such a hurry to make a profit instantly. Thats the part Im trying to figure out.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I dont know. MJ Green PMG retro /10. How much has that bad boy come down in price? Lebron green PMG /10. How much has that come down in price.

How many sales have you seen and can confirm of either the Lebron and MJ green?
You take out the two big Greens from the set and the MJ buybacks.
How about the remaining 98.8%?, It seems as they have all took a deep swim into the ocean.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
You take out the two big Greens from the set and the MJ buybacks.
How about the remaining 98.8%?, It seems as they have all took a deep swim into the ocean.
So does just about everything outside of a few limited logos, MJ/Lebron/Kobe autos in exquisite.

I can rip off a good number of exquisite cards that sold for much more 5 yrs ago then they do today.

So back to the point. If you want to cherry pick a certain card and make an example of it, then Ill do the same. Cherry pick away my main man!

Plus when was the last time a card went from $2k to $25k overnight?
Old 10-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Completely Agree.
Didn't the same thing happen with retro and Large group of people were claiming it was the best product ever and it will only go up?
Where are the Retro prices today?
This new UD BLACK Retro will only help the original Exquisite prices to rise.
Wait wait wait, you think Retro is down and out?

They will go up in value.... with time! Or...... if a bunch of dirt bags of this hobby stock up on them and then shill them to the moon, then they can go up FAST!!!!

But they will go up, it's just a matter of time. They're not gonna go up over night. But who really cares ANYWAY!? "Investors"? smh Collectors who love these cards will collect them because they like them, period. What is price?
Old 10-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #30 (permalink)

Old exquisite dried up lol . Fake patch city is all over ebay

The timing of Exq has lots of people hoping Retro comes down in price jumping for joy .

First red pmg lebron red sold for $700 Last one did $710 Prices are really falling ?

Last edited by pepsiporch; 10-16-2012 at 04:09 PM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Im looking for the right answer. If I was told that I could turn $100k into $10 million and it was guarenteed (like you guys are guarenteeing that exquisite will turn folds of value as a fact), would you mortgage your house and take a loan from the bank to get on this "Hot train" that supposedly is guarnteed to go up in value? Its a no brainer to me. Yet I see so many exquisite cards for sale on ebay.

Im expecting you guys to go buy it all up because it only makes sense since you think its going up in value. But im still waiting and seems like no one is in such a hurry to make a profit instantly. Thats the part Im trying to figure out.
Well there is no right answer haha. Who knows how much more exquisites can go up. If you have doubt on how much they have already gone up you could PM and I will show you specific cards that I have and the price increase If you are in it for the business I am not sure what to tell you. I have always collected exquisite because it is my favorite type of card, not because I thought they would go up in value like they have. I don't understand why so many people here are so invested in things that they do not collect? Only collect what you like, ya know?
AllStars2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
So does just about everything outside of a few limited logos, MJ/Lebron/Kobe autos in exquisite.

I can rip off a good number of exquisite cards that sold for much more 5 yrs ago then they do today.

So back to the point. If you want to cherry pick a certain card and make an example of it, then Ill do the same. Cherry pick away my main man!

Plus when was the last time a card went from $2k to $25k overnight?
I agree to a certain point but 75% of LL hold their value through out the years and some players only rise in price. I really don't see Retro Red PMG of even players like Magic and Bird maintain their current PMG value this time next year.Retro just didn't have the line up Exquisite had with the current stars to hold the current hobby markets interested in the long run.
Every single one busted Retro with the hopes of MJ and Lebron and that's about it.
With previous Exq's you had MJ,Lebron,Kobe and the RAPs,LL's,EE's and so on. Retro has nothing out side of PMGs and even the MJ red PMGs have dropped 20% or more in what? less than 2months of it's release?

Last edited by Haiku; 10-16-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Old exquisite dried up lol . Fake patch city is all over ebay

The timing of Exq has lots of people hoping Retro comes down in price jumping for joy .

First red pmg lebron red sold for $700 Last one did $710 Prices are really falling ?
LEBRON JAMES 2011-12 FLEER RETRO PRECIOUS METAL GEMS RED 56/150 PMG | eBay

2011-12 Fleer Retro PMG Red LeBron James 125/150 Precious Metal Gems shu | eBay

^How do you explain these two?
Old 10-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well there is no right answer haha. Who knows how much more exquisites can go up. If you have doubt on how much they have already gone up you could PM and I will show you specific cards that I have and the price increase If you are in it for the business I am not sure what to tell you. I have always collected exquisite because it is my favorite type of card, not because I thought they would go up in value like they have. I don't understand why so many people here are so invested in things that they do not collect? Only collect what you like, ya know?
I show my doubt by not buying it. I mean like any sound investor, im not willing to risk $20k to turn it into $23k. The risk is not worth the gain in my opinion. Might be for you or others, but I couldnt possibly risk $23k to turn a 3k profit in a non regulated industry. Even worse risking $5600 to make $6600 or $7300. The risk is much more than the gain.

Im trying to break the myth. Im not here to challenge the prices. Just the facts.

Myth: Exquisite is drying up and when it dries up nothing will be left.
Fact: Today, yesterday and tomorrow, I am certain I will be able to find most exquisite cards for sale. Outside of 1/1 and very limited cards, I can assure you if I wanted a limited Logos patch of a player, it is more than likely one will be available for sale tomrrow (near future).

Myth: Exquisite will go up in value no matter what
Fact: No one knows. Just like any traded commodity we dont know. If we knew and could predict the future as fact, you wouldnt be here toying with cards but rather making bank on real commodities and real money. I mean who woundnt if they knew the future as a fact.

Reality is those who believe its going up are confident. But not confident enough to buy everything up. Those who suggest that its drying up or had dried up still cannot confirm that there are (0) zero available and that time might have depleted availablity (Logically) but cannot without a sure fire doubt say its all but gone.

Ill give you one thing tho. It makes for a great pitch line and story when you are selling the exquisite.
"last one sold for $5k"
"Going up in value"
"Never to be seen again"
"Get it before someone locks it up in their PC"

tada! card that once sold for $5k now sells for $12k. THe best part? A card that supposedly was marketed as "Never to be seen again" and "Locked up into PC" ironically made its way up for sale again............................................and again!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #35 (permalink)

First ones on ebay went for $600 and then $700 the first few days then like 800ish then it jumped to 1k-1200 which was insane that quick . I want to buy a Jordan Blue to be honest with you. I thought I had one I been searching for one I want no lines and no damaged corners something that is mint and I cannot find one I do not buy damaged cards .
There were about 50-60 mj reds raw card reviews by bgs already so every Jordan is recycled on ebay they are pushing there prices down .

Last edited by pepsiporch; 10-16-2012 at 04:25 PM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I agree to a certain point but 75% of LL hold their value through out the years and some players only rise in price. I really don't see Retro Red PMG of even players like Magic and Bird maintain their current PMG value this time next year.Retro just didn't have the line up Exquisite had with the current stars to hold the current hobby markets interested in the long run.
Every single one busted Retro with the hopes of MJ and Lebron and that's about it.
With previous Exq's you had MJ,Lebron,Kobe and the RAPs,LL's,EE's and so on. Retro has nothing out side of PMGs and even the MJ red PMGs have dropped 20% or more in what? less than 2months of it's release?
Just like you and I cannot predict the future as a fact for values of exquisite, I say we use the same process and logic and not try and predict what we dont know about Retro PMG value a year from now!!

Like every cycle, cards will cool, cycle and recycle then settle. Lets give retro the opputrunity like we have to years of exquisite.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Ill give you one thing tho. It makes for a great pitch line and story when you are selling the exquisite.
"last one sold for $5k"
"Going up in value"
"Never to be seen again"
"Get it before someone locks it up in their PC"

tada! card that once sold for $5k now sells for $12k. THe best part? A card that supposedly was marketed as "Never to be seen again" and "Locked up into PC" ironically made its way up for sale again............................................and again!
Lol,Very true with just about all high end exquisite deals .
I tell you what's dried up.. My elbows,I'm going to go lotion my self now.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #38 (permalink)

This is what is going to happen when you have 210 PMG's from each player flood ebay.............. do you think everybody is ready TODAY to pay the same exact prices? No. There are plenty to chose from right now, and you can keep telling yourself as a bidder, i'll just wait for the next one, i'll just wait for the next one.........................

What do you think this is going to create? These currently "low" prices? Well, the scum of this hobby is going to stock up, then shortly down the road they will shill the F****** out of one, and then report on every single forum that this is the new going rate. Then suckers are born that very day, it bs spreads to other suckers, and evetually you will have some REAL sales for high prices. But did those cards get their own their own? NO!

Hopefully the scum of this hobby have stronger hate towards certain collectors of this stuff to wanna stay away from buying. This way the true collectors can just enjoy these cards for what they were meant to be. Sure they will go up eventually as they dry up..... but you gotta give it a looong time. What's the rush? Who even cares? What, shillers? They don't count. Collectors. True collectors are the ones who will truely enjoy these and could care less on what they're worth.

THAT's how you explain it!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
I show my doubt by not buying it. I mean like any sound investor, im not willing to risk $20k to turn it into $23k. The risk is not worth the gain in my opinion. Might be for you or others, but I couldnt possibly risk $23k to turn a 3k profit in a non regulated industry. Even worse risking $5600 to make $6600 or $7300. The risk is much more than the gain.

Im trying to break the myth. Im not here to challenge the prices. Just the facts.

Myth: Exquisite is drying up and when it dries up nothing will be left.
Fact: Today, yesterday and tomorrow, I am certain I will be able to find most exquisite cards for sale. Outside of 1/1 and very limited cards, I can assure you if I wanted a limited Logos patch of a player, it is more than likely one will be available for sale tomrrow (near future).

Myth: Exquisite will go up in value no matter what
Fact: No one knows. Just like any traded commodity we dont know. If we knew and could predict the future as fact, you wouldnt be here toying with cards but rather making bank on real commodities and real money. I mean who woundnt if they knew the future as a fact.

Reality is those who believe its going up are confident. But not confident enough to buy everything up. Those who suggest that its drying up or had dried up still cannot confirm that there are (0) zero available and that time might have depleted availablity (Logically) but cannot without a sure fire doubt say its all but gone.
Yeah I mean nothing is for sure about what will happen in the future. It is just everyones opinions. But if collectors don't collect exquisites why would they be so interested in it? Not saying you, don't know if you collect exquisite or ont. But you can add that exquisites have increased a lot from the years they came from to a fact section though. That is without a doubt. I don't really agree with the part I put in bold. I can give you many examples of exquisite cards that really do not pop up on ebay.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I mean nothing is for sure about what will happen in the future. It is just everyones opinions. But if collectors don't collect exquisites why would they be so interested in it? Not saying you, don't know if you collect exquisite or ont. But you can add that exquisites have increased a lot from the years they came from to a fact section though. That is without a doubt. I don't really agree with the part I put in bold. I can give you many examples of exquisite cards that really do not pop up on ebay.
Sure ill take a small list of 5 or 10 cards that dont show up for sale on ebay. Lets take out everything less than /50. That criteria would fall on limited supply and based on statistics something that limited shouldnt show up at all. We'll debate the list there after.

I can name obscure cards lower than /50 that never show up. Ie (1998 Skybox Rubies Martin Mursepp) which has only shown up once in the past 5 yrs. Its shown up less than an MJ exquisite limites logos /10 yet there are 50 of them out there!

Ill be back to deabte after my 2 hr train ride home from work
Old 10-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Sure ill take a small list of 5 or 10 cards that dont show up for sale on ebay. Lets take out everything less than /50. That criteria would fall on limited supply and based on statistics something that limited shouldnt show up at all. We'll debate the list there after.

I can name obscure cards lower than /50 that never show up. Ie (1998 Skybox Rubies Martin Mursepp) which has only shown up once in the past 5 yrs. Its shown up less than an MJ exquisite limites logos /10 yet there are 50 of them out there!

Ill be back to deabte after my 2 hr train ride home from work
Most exquisite cards are numbered to 50 or less. Kinda defeats the purpose lol. Alright, that might be best for both of us. I should be studying and instead am debating with you haha.

Last edited by AllStars2324; 10-16-2012 at 08:16 PM.