Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Hate to say it but...

Exquisite looks ugly autos looked faded and jsut does NOT look good at all IMO
21taylor21-0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21taylor21-0911 View Post
Exquisite looks ugly autos looked faded and jsut does NOT look good at all IMO
What happend? You were so positive on Exquisite and well it was going to do? I dont understand how this could have changed over night? Bust your cases and have fun. Its the best you can hope for
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
What happend? You were so positive on Exquisite and well it was going to do? I dont understand how this could have changed over night? Bust your cases and have fun. Its the best you can hope for
^^^this. it looks exactly like it did on the sell sheet
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

It is pretty obvious by most of his posts that this guy is a clown

My Ersan Ilyasova, Luc Mbah a Moute, & Larry Sanders Collection
http://milwbucks.webs.com/
oshmeehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

yea im actually a part time clown
21taylor21-0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

hahaha you're right! I searched ebay to see for myself.... boy are they ugly!!! Then you have the sellers thinking they're GOLD and putting a gazillion $$$ price tag on the BIN smh

I think these ruined the Exquisite name forever. Ebay and forums will forever be flooded with the uglier looking Exquisites, and it goes downhill from here. THese will turn out to be the next Ultimate Collection cards LOL

I must say, this is fun to watch!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

just makes for higher prices on older exquisite jordans, and higher level of anticipation for the day UD get a license to produce NBA stuff.
XARZY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21taylor21-0911 View Post
yea im actually a part time clown
Let me know your rate, I would like your services at a bday party.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARZY View Post
just makes for higher prices on older exquisite jordans, and higher level of anticipation for the day UD get a license to produce NBA stuff.
There's a reason why Nike didn't want their sneakers sold in Sears some years back.... K-mart and Sears are associated with each other, so when Sears wanted to put Nike in their stores, they said NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorta the same with the new Exquisites. By them coming out with this ugly product, it ruins all the rest imo..... trust me I know.

Take a company like Tiffany. Do you think they will ever make cheap jewelry to make their name go down into the ground? No way, no how. Not that Exquisite is at their level, but people surely like to pump it as such. Mark my words, this newest Exquisite release will ruin the Exquisite name. Will they be fire wood? Well of course not. But this will definitely be a big blow to the Exquisite brand name. Just my opinion.................... but will we see in time
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

^^^^

LOL!!!!

I sure hope you're right because I'll buy up all the old Exquisite stuff if it drops in price due to the new release being subpar. Unfortunately that will not happen. In fact it will only help the older stuff in NBA uni's go up in value even more because people will realize that stuff is never coming back.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
There's a reason why Nike didn't want their sneakers sold in Sears some years back.... K-mart and Sears are associated with each other, so when Sears wanted to put Nike in their stores, they said NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorta the same with the new Exquisites. By them coming out with this ugly product, it ruins all the rest imo..... trust me I know.

Take a company like Tiffany. Do you think they will ever make cheap jewelry to make their name go down into the ground? No way, no how. Not that Exquisite is at their level, but people surely like to pump it as such. Mark my words, this newest Exquisite release will ruin the Exquisite name. Will they be fire wood? Well of course not. But this will definitely be a big blow to the Exquisite brand name. Just my opinion.................... but will we see in time
You are out of your mind.
jt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
^^^^

LOL!!!!

I sure hope you're right because I'll buy up all the old Exquisite stuff if it drops in price due to the new release being subpar. Unfortunately that will not happen. In fact it will only help the older stuff in NBA uni's go up in value even more because people will realize that stuff is never coming back.
Agreed...older Exquisite stuff isn't going down becasue of this...
Nsingerma11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

STEPHEN A. SMITH would say "THIS NEW EXQUISITE IS JUST SO DISRESPECTFUL". However, older exquisite will not go down! "NO WAY, NO HOW" (Rob Parker,First Take)
MrMasterpiece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I think these ruined the Exquisite name forever.
Nah. It just makes it a PITA to keyword search for the NBA Licensed Exquisites. I think of it like classic cars. There can be some sweet model years and some sh!t ones. If UD ever gets an NBA license back again, it will get really muddy.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

Actually Tiffany does make cheap jewelry for teens. It used to be for very very rich people (top 1%). Now, every teens have a sterling silver heart shape necklace. So, company that creates luxury item would also create cheaper version so that the company can suck people into buying.
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

The only clown in this conversation is Upper Deck for using the most disgusting black ink pens on theyre so called top notch product. Disgracfeul

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/fivenoeitalls/
sdsportsfan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

These ugly Exquisites will only make the older pretty ones more desirable.

Hey maybe my collection of Gaines Exquisites will actually make me some money in the future! haha
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #18 (permalink)

This will be the same exact effect as Retro.

New PMG's started off hot, with outrageous prices. They then plateau'd and have fallen off, but have settled at levels that are still outrageous, considering they're college unis and one per box.

Original pmg's have continued to hold value.

I think the real winner is sealed wax. I don't think anyone can argue that they still cannot purchase a sealed box/case of Retro for even double of what the original price tag was. Short supply of cases = better chance of holding value.

No different here. This seems like a very similar scenario on all accounts.

Original exquisite will always be king. And I don't think anyone is debating that.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Actually Tiffany does make cheap jewelry for teens. It used to be for very very rich people (top 1%). Now, every teens have a sterling silver heart shape necklace. So, company that creates luxury item would also create cheaper version so that the company can suck people into buying.
No. Tiffany does not make cheap jewelry. Because teens have beautiful silver jewelry doesn't mean they're cheap. They're made with high quality detail, sell for a ton! Compared to the $10 silver jewelry out there.... and they're just beautiful. They will never make something that looks cheap and ugly.

Exquisite on the other hand made these ugly monsters!!! I didn't like the design of most Exquisite cards before these, but now!? lol....

Exquisite 2003-04? Ok fine, you can't take away anything from that Lebron RC, it's just beautiful, but most other releases don't do anything for me. Other than that I like the LL set which includes Kevin Durant, like that design. But that's about it. I think most design are ugly, and now THIS!?

And about comparing Tiffany and UD, it's not even close, that's why I said "sorta" Even IF Tiffany made dog sh!t, people would still want it, and it would still hold it's value. With Exquisite? People who were once pumping it are not having second thoughts, and they will not hold value imo...... UNLESS of course, they shill them.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
^^^^

LOL!!!!

Agreed!!!!
AllStars2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Heres my question to those who keep claiming "Exquisite has dried up and is only going to go up for sure"...

If its a sure fire bet that its only going to go up, then why arent you guys buying everything up? I mean there is a ton on ebay yet its "All dried up". and if you know for a fact thats going up in value, then why not sell your farm and buy everything right now if its such a sure thing?
Old 10-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

Thats the problem. People dont care if this year of Exquisite is crappy because all they care about is "Great, now my older exquisites are gonna go up in value". Sometimes i hate the mentality of basketball collectors.
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Heres my question to those who keep claiming "Exquisite has dried up and is only going to go up for sure"...

If its a sure fire bet that its only going to go up, then why arent you guys buying everything up? I mean there is a ton on ebay yet its "All dried up". and if you know for a fact thats going up in value, then why not sell your farm and buy everything right now if its such a sure thing?
Completely Agree.
Didn't the same thing happen with retro and Large group of people were claiming it was the best product ever and it will only go up?
Where are the Retro prices today?
This new UD BLACK Retro will only help the original Exquisite prices to rise.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

Well I have been buying some of the rare ones that I am able to find. I can't afford a lot of them so I can't get everything lol and a lot of the ones I have hold there own value to me so I would not want to sell them. I am not sure what you are exactly looking for in your question? There is no denying a lot of the really rare exquisites don't show up often. I have been looking for a Kobe 08-09 exquisite limited logos and have only seen 1 pop up in the last 4 months I believe and it was too pricey since it was inscribed.
AllStars2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
Completely Agree.
Didn't the same thing happen with retro and Large group of people were claiming it was the best product ever and it will only go up?
Where are the Retro prices today?
This new UD BLACK Retro will only help the original Exquisite prices to rise.
I dont know. MJ Green PMG retro /10. How much has that bad boy come down in price? Lebron green PMG /10. How much has that come down in price.

How many sales have you seen and can confirm of either the Lebron and MJ green?