Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
This thread is another prime example of what Ive been saying for a good part of the year. Basketball collecrtors need others input to know what to buy so they can fit in socially. You collect exquisite "You must be cool" ...here you can have my respect!! lol
I REST MY CASE X2

And yet the OP says he doesn't have "Thousands" to spend on cards.
Why is he even discussing Exquisite then?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron623 View Post
I want to create an awareness to members here..that's it..I just want to be fair...
Aw, that's adorable, hun. You're like the Kony 2012 of the cardboard world. Oh wait...

You do realize at the end of the day, card collectors will buy the products they want and like, regardless of your noble crusade to present a fair and unbiased assessment, right?

I'm also not sure if you're aware that your beautiful efforts to 'suppress' exquisite hype are; in fact, doing just the opposite. You've created more new exquisite threads than anyone else on this forum, and you're just drawing more attention and intrigue towards the product.

Here's why you're a try-hard:

1) Put words in other peoples mouths in order to gain a sense of self-assurance, or make you feel like you proved your own points

2) excessive use of bolding your own quotes

3) editing almost all your posts

Get some sleep man. It's really not worth it. Not to you nor your health. The world will go on and people will either buy Exquisite based on what they see, or they will pass.

Focus your crusade/energy towards more important things, like cancer awareness. You know...something you can actually be 'proud' of when leaving a legacy once you exit this earth.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Aw, that's adorable, hun. You're like the Kony 2012 of the cardboard world. Oh wait...

You do realize at the end of the day, card collectors will buy the products they want and like, regardless of your noble crusade to present a fair and unbiased assessment, right?

I'm also not sure if you're aware that your beautiful efforts to 'suppress' exquisite hype are; in fact, doing just the opposite. You've created more new exquisite threads than anyone else on this forum, and you're just drawing more attention and intrigue towards the product.

1) Put words in other peoples mouths in order to gain a sense of self-assurance, or make you feel like you proved your own points

Get some sleep man. It's really not worth it. Not to you nor your health. The world will go on and people will either buy Exquisite based on what they see, or they will pass.

Focus your crusade/energy towards more important things, like cancer awareness. You know...something you can actually be 'proud' of when leaving a legacy once you exit this earth.
F/uckin spot on! Agree 100%!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #29 (permalink)

Bashing companies that put out cardboard is just utterly stupid and pointless! It's not like they did anything wrong directed toward YOU! If you like it, great...buy it! If not, pass and move on! Good grief!
Hallco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
I REST MY CASE
you still haven't answered the question justin
Lebron623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #31 (permalink)

This topic isn't valid unless you list names of those you accuse. You wanna show some big balls, let us know who you are referring to.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
I REST MY CASE X2

And yet the OP says he doesn't have "Thousands" to spend on cards.
Why is he even discussing Exquisite then?

please answer my question for you still sir...
Old 10-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #33 (permalink)

I'll happily admit that I overpay for Tim Lincecum cards. Makes no sense at all. He had the worst ERA of all qualifying starters in the NL, may never recover his form of 2-3 years ago, is too small in build to reasonably assume he'll be durable during a long career, etc. Yet, I like collecting him because I like the player and I like some of the cards that are produced of him.

With Exquisite, since 2003, I've always only wanted to pull a Jordan auto. And it never happened until 2010! Folks talk about Exquisite like previous versions must have always made a profit for them but the reality is that the 3-box cases have always been $2,000 which is difficult to recoup even with a big hit. A lot of the market price growth has happened well past the initial release date. I don't think I ever opened Exquisite and walked away ahead in real time.

So now I can open a case, be assured of a Jordan auto, and maybe get a few other great cards with upside alongside it? Count me in.

But the overall point is, let people collect what they want to collect. No one should have to apologize for it or justify it to those that want to criticize their investment decisions. That's what's wrong with this hobby...

aclben
Old 10-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

wait am I on the wrong section? because last time I checked this was a forum in which you could discuss or let out anything about the hobby.....I'm just minding my own and stating what I don't want and what I want....I'm not here to please anybody or to influence anyone....

if you don't like the thread or don't give a damn about then just simply avoid the thread and odnt read it..that's it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post

Old 10-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #35 (permalink)

2008/09 Upper Deck Exquisite Collection

Basketball 3 Box Case Configuration:
3 boxes per case. 1 pack per box. 5 cards per pack.

lets see some scans of some sicc mojo!

Last edited by 4mightyQuinn; 10-16-2012 at 06:23 PM.
4mightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #36 (permalink)

Ditto.

lol. Give it up dude. Your reasoning is redundant and you use circular logic. You may be able to criticize a 10 year old and feel proud about it, but not someone with half a brain.

All your threads are one dimensional and fixed with loaded questions.

'Do you guys seriously like this crap?'

'Yes, honestly I like the design of these cards.'

'OMG YOU'RE A SHILLER AND A LIAR AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, THIS IS GARBAGE!'

For thy opinion is the only one that matters, and nobody with an unbiased opinion is capable of loving a product you hate.

Okay, you win. Everything you 'don't like' is garbage. Grab your Rick Flair belt, strap it over your shoulder, and do some victory laps around the neighborhood. You defeated the hobby game. And you are champion. Hope that let's you sleep easier tonight.

Happy?

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron623 View Post
wait am I on the wrong section? because last time I checked this was a forum in which you could discuss or let out anything about the hobby.....I'm just minding my own and stating what I don't want and what I want....I'm not here to please anybody or to influence anyone....

if you don't like the thread or don't give a damn about then just simply avoid the thread and odnt read it..that's it...
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote