Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Something fishy going on here on the threads lately.....hmmmmm...

Hi....

I just noticed it right now....I am reading all these UD Retro/Exquisite Threads and I noticed something...

I noticed that from the older members or the vets here on BO, don't really like the exquisite or the retro brand....

But some members here who are "fairly new" who just joined BO on the span of Retro being released and upto Exquisite's release are SAYING oh so wonderful things about UD and retro prices are maintaining its high value and how exquisite is very comparable to the past years and all sort of excuses.... (hmmmmm...)

Something's not right.....

I challenge all of you to go back these threads and see for yourself.....
Lebron623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Another thread that we definitely needed cluttering the basketball forums. Thank you for your contribution.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

I challange you to stop making threads for a 2 day period.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

But u're new and u seems really focused on bashing the new exquisite even tho only 2-3 cases have been seen...
crazymj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

whoa take it easy....

these are just my opinions and I respect yours...

and I'm not bashing....I'm just saying it as how it is....you can check my threads...I just say it for how it is...

I've seen exquisite products of the previous years and I LOVE them a lot!!!!

I even envy collectors here who has like the 2003 versions...

Don't get me wrong though because for me personally...No great RC product has been released yet (not even Panini)...I had high hopes for exquisite but it's just flat out not the Exquisite I see the previous years....

but let's be honest guys..you are vets...but these are the lamest exquisite yet and you know that...

I'm just saying it how it is....

Last edited by Lebron623; 10-16-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jin

I don't understand the argument you're trying to prove nor its magnitude

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron623 View Post
whoa take it easy....

these are just my opinions and I respect yours...

and I'm not bashing....I'm just saying it as how it is....you can check my threads...I just say it for how it is...

I've seen exquisite products of the previous years and I LOVE them a lot!!!!

I even envy collectors here who has like the 2003 versions...

but let's be honest guys..you are vets...but these are the lamest exquisite yet and you know that...
At the end of the day when its all said & done, I don't lose sleep over Sports Cards like it appears you do. I have my opinion which I choose to keep to myself. Your taking this into a campgin method, trying to get people to side with your opinion. Why is this? I wonder. Your fairly new, I would quit trying to debate on a topic based on opinions.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
At the end of the day when its all said & done, I don't lose sleep over Sports Cards like it appears you do. I have my opinion which I choose to keep to myself. Your taking this into a campgin method, trying to get people to side with your opinion. Why is this? I wonder. Your fairly new, I would quit trying to debate on a topic based on opinions.

What am I campaigning for man? seriously...nothing...

These are just cardboards and I do apologize if it is my day off from work and that I have a lot of time in my hands today... The hobby just relaxes me and I want to read threads or look for deals or bargains...

I respect that you chose to keep your opinions to yourself I respect that...while me just want to share my opinion....

and I am not here to debate or whatever and not luring people to side on my opinion or what not.... I just stated an opinion with no debates intended...

And I dont get where you got your point of me losing over sleep on cards..... I just have the time today and I don't even by like thousands $$$ worth of cards for they are just a hobby to me and at the end of the day these are just cardboards....

So I'm sorry if I did something wrong or if I made a mistake.....I thought this is a forum...a thread in which you could voice out anything about the hobby.....So I do apologize anyone I might have offended....

Last edited by Lebron623; 10-16-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

New guys shows up to bash UD, predictable.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomiamigo View Post
New guys shows up to bash UD, predictable.
I'm not bashing UD just the current exquisite brand.... that's totally getting it out of the context...

Just a quick question...

Is this exquisite even comparable or the same quality as the last sets of exquisites?

Last edited by Lebron623; 10-16-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

False, you based Retro in this thread in your OP. UD has released 2 basketball products and you created a thread simply to bash them. Own it.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomiamigo View Post
False, you based Retro in this thread in your OP. UD has released 2 basketball products and you created a thread simply to bash them. Own it.
Another statement taken out of the context I was saying...

Please read the OP again...

I stated Retro because some people here is saying that Retro Prices are holding up and even gaining value.... Question again to you sir... is this true? Is it gaining in value or even maintaining it or is the hype going down?

2nd this time with exquisite is it the same exquisite brand and comparable to the last sets? You are a long time collector and I know you can easily compare the two

So those are just my 2 questions....which I think are legit questions and not just "for the sake of bashing questions"
Old 10-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

You look back 6 month from now, do u really think the price of Exquisite will drop once they start drying out? Maybe if lebron james is out of the nba and michael jordan's auto really start selling at $200.
crazymj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
What am I campaigning for man? seriously...nothing...

These are just cardboards and I do apologize if it is my day off from work and that I have a lot of time in my hands today... The hobby just relaxes me and I want to read threads or look for deals or bargains...
If its just cardboard then why are you trying so hard to get your point across? Why make so many threads & say such navie stuff? You don't seem relax when Exquisite drops, please do find some bargins & read threads.

I respect that you chose to keep your opinions to yourself I respect that...while me just want to share my opinion....

And I respect your opinion but you couldn't simply state your opinion in one of the other 10 Exquisite threads? You had to make a couple more?

and I am not here to debate or whatever and not luring people to side on my opinion or lwhat not.... I just stated an opinion with no debates intended...

And I dont get where you got your point of me losing over sleep on cards..... I just have the time today and I don't even by like thousands $$$ worth of cards for they are just a hobby to me and at the end of the day these are just cardboards....
Again if its just cardboard and a hobby why are you talking so drastic about Exquisite? I'm not a particular lover in any company, they are all in it for the money & money only. I collect Eric Bledsoe & Evan Turner both Panini Only because its what year the came in the league. I get what I get to collect and that's it, I don't complain, I don't make moppy threads about brands or Panini vs. UD & I'm not saying you do but if its a hobby why are you here now fighting tooth & nail about how bad Exquisite looks?

So I'm sorry if I did something wrong or if I made a mistake.....I thought this is a forum...a thread in which you could voice out anything about the hobby.....So I do apologize anyone I might have offended....
Here ya go.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
You look back 6 month from now, do u really think the price of Exquisite will drop once they start drying out? Maybe if lebron james is out of the nba and michael jordan's auto really start selling at $200.

6 months from now....I can't see "this current" exquisites dried up by then but what I somehow see is 6 months from now...the past exquisite versions/sets will increase in value

Just like in retro...it's still early to say for it is only a few months but market is still flooded and prices are dropping as of the moment...But what it did is increase the value of the original sets...
Old 10-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Another statement taken out of the context I was saying...

Please read the OP again...

I stated Retro because some people here is saying that Retro Prices are holding up and even gaining value.... Question again to you sir... is this true? Is it gaining in value or even maintaining it or is the hype going down?

2nd this time with exquisite is it the same exquisite brand and comparable to the last sets? You are a long time collector and I know you can easily compare the two

So those are just my 2 questions....which I think are legit questions and not just "for the sake of bashing questions"
Its just cardboard, a hobby & you don't spend thousands of dollars but your worried about value? I just don't understand your logic here.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

LOL........ I think you might be on to something op
Old 10-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Here ya go.
If its just cardboard then why are you trying so hard to get your point across? Why make so many threads & say such navie stuff? You don't seem relax when Exquisite drops, please do find some bargins & read threads.

This is how I relax...maybe not you but this is how I do it.....

And I respect your opinion but you couldn't simply state your opinion in one of the other 10 Exquisite threads? You had to make a couple more?

First off my mistake on making a couple of threads, now that I think of it, I could have just made one and crammed it all up because the poll and the other thread I made was just like me backing up what I said so I should've just made it to a one thread...So I'm sorry about that..

Again if its just cardboard and a hobby why are you talking so drastic about Exquisite? I'm not a particular lover in any company, they are all in it for the money & money only. I collect Eric Bledsoe & Evan Turner both Panini Only because its what year the came in the league. I get what I get to collect and that's it, I don't complain, I don't make moppy threads about brands or Panini vs. UD & I'm not saying you do but if its a hobby why are you here now fighting tooth & nail about how bad Exquisite looks?

I'm not here to argue or anything man so I'll just ask one question since it is the only point I was trying to make the whole time...

Is "this current" Exquisite the same level or can even be comparable to the previous Exquisite Sets?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Its just cardboard, a hobby & you don't spend thousands of dollars but your worried about value? I just don't understand your logic here.
I want to create an awareness to members here..that's it..I just want to be fair....everything stated on it is so good as if someone is hyping it up so bad to turn a profit...

i feel it somehow it is one sided so I just wanted to let others know as well....

which just leads my to the point I want to make

Is this set of exquisite comparable to the previous sets..that's it...

One good thing out of this, The original exquisites will be the one raising its value....
Old 10-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Is "this current" Exquisite the same level or can even be comparable to the previous Exquisite Sets?
Heck no it's not, but who is saying that? No one. I think everyone would rather have an Exquisite release with NBA uni's and actual patch cards than this stuff.

I hate this new stuff. It looks terrible in my opinion, but it's still better than anything that has been released by Panini this year.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
Heck no it's not, but who is saying that? No one. I think everyone would rather have an Exquisite release with NBA uni's and actual patch cards than this stuff.

I hate this new stuff. It looks terrible in my opinion, but it's still better than anything that has been released by Panini this year.
I rest my case.....
Old 10-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I rest my case.....
I still don't get the point of this thread though. Those that are liking this stuff are those that either are busting a case for themselves, or are doing case group breaks. So of course those people are going to be pro-2011/12 Exquisite. Thats just my overall observation.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

This thread is another prime example of what Ive been saying for a good part of the year. Basketball collecrtors need others input to know what to buy so they can fit in socially. You collect exquisite "You must be cool" ...here you can have my respect!! lol
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
I still don't get the point of this thread though. Those that are liking this stuff are those that either are busting a case for themselves, or are doing case group breaks. So of course those people are going to be pro-2011/12 Exquisite. Thats just my overall observation.
I REST MY CASE
Old 10-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #25 (permalink)

not all new guys bash UD.

i'm new. i just started collecting back in january.

Panini sucks donkey bawls. The older Upper Deck products (old exquisite/ultimate collection) all are 20 to 1 better than the garbage panini is putting out, but me being a melo fan am screwed because UD can't produce nba cards, so the only thing with melo in a knicks uni are panini.

I do agree with the consensus that the new exquisite is not up to snub with the older though. I dont think they should have made inscriptions about favorite foods/cars/dates. That has nothing to do with basketball. The college jerseys are a let down on cards though, it's not the same.
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote