Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

I love how most of the breaks have MJ!!!! and LEBRON!!! in the title. Like it's a surprise .
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
I truly don't get why all of the baiting and bad mouthing happens around here. I realize there are quite a few investors on this board that want to "put over" their products, but it has become ridiculous lately. I love the way the Panini Silhouettes look, so I recently purchased a Kobe. However, I also plan on purchasing every Vince Carter card made from this years Exquisite. I think the championship bling cards are stunning. Wow! Is it possible that I like both products and I want them both in my personal collection? How dare I collect both and not concentrate on all of the negative garbage around here. Thankfully, I still look at this as a hobby and not a business.
Very well said.

And from this post, I keep my mouth shut....... until they turn this forum into a circus, then somebody gotta say something.

We should all collect what we like with no bashing, and no pumping one product as they best thing that ever happened. It surely would be a better place.

Anyway, thanks for the post, and making me realize to step back from these discussions. Sometimes I get to heated and mix up shillers and pumpers with actual collectors, and that's my fault.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
This card is better than anything Panini has ever produced...

It's also 10x more expensive.

While some spend upwards of $2000 on this college uniform stuff, I'll just go buy some packs of threads for $40 and maybe get a nice on-card rookie auto, thanks.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

wow there are so many different bling jordans
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Very well said.

And from this post, I keep my mouth shut....... until they turn this forum into a circus, then somebody gotta say something.

We should all collect what we like with no bashing, and no pumping one product as they best thing that ever happened. It surely would be a better place.

Anyway, thanks for the post, and making me realize to step back from these discussions. Sometimes I get to heated and mix up shillers and pumpers with actual collectors, and that's my fault.
Exactly. It's cool that you can recognise a mistake and own up to it though. Let's all just be positive about cards
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Very well said.

Not a problem. My post wasn't directed at any one individual. I enjoy this board for the most part and love seeing everyone's collections. It just sucks that there is so much negativity surrounding everything. I've been collecting for a very long time and I still love the hobby. Do I have a few really expensive cards in my collection? I sure do, but its not because they're "worth" a certain amount of money. It's because they appeal to me. I wish more people felt that way.
Kingofkings1281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #32 (permalink)

From the youtube video's that's been posted on this forum I don't like what i'm seeing. It's all college theme and no sick patches. The word that comes to mind right now is BORING. I guess we will see what happens in the long run but it's not the type of cards I would expect from Exquisite. Just my opinion.

Twitter: KnightsCards
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #33 (permalink)

so what company is going bankrupt?

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
so what company is going bankrupt?
Ignorant comment, but ironically enough sort of a truth to it. Their financial struggles have led to what this product and most of their products have become.

It's overpriced, automatically somewhat inferior due to no league licensing, and killing the market for big name Lebron and MJ autos because stuffing the product full of them is the only way to sell it. All fallout from bad business decisions that led to less profits.

They pay MJ and Lebron at ton to sign autos, fill it out with cheap veterans, and then charge and arm and a leg to pay off Lebron and MJ and anybody else they overpaid in order to turn some kind of profit on it.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Ignorant comment, but ironically enough sort of a truth to it. Their financial struggles have led to what this product and most of their products have become.

It's overpriced, automatically somewhat inferior due to no league licensing, and killing the market for big name Lebron and MJ autos because stuffing the product full of them is the only way to sell it. All fallout from bad business decisions that led to less profits.
Do you think they really care about collectors?
I mean, they should have got the NBA licence if they did. Just my opinion...

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
Do you think they really care about collectors?
I mean, they should have got the NBA licence if they did. Just my opinion...
Actually I'm saying that they don't. Well not literally, but I believe their financial situation has put them in a position to care less about collectors.

The huge amount of MJ autos, the huge price tag, these are moves they had to make for financial reasons to sell and profit from this product. They had no choice but to take the collector's wants out of it at that point it was all a business move to help a struggling company.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
Because lots of people are complaining about the new Exquisite cards, but they're still better than any other cards that have been released in the last year or two.
Agree 100%. People are putting the NBA Licensed Exquisite on a pedestal and will never be satisfied.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #38 (permalink)

i think shadow box if fine, but thats my opinion
4mightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
From the youtube video's that's been posted on this forum I don't like what i'm seeing. It's all college theme and no sick patches. The word that comes to mind right now is BORING. I guess we will see what happens in the long run but it's not the type of cards I would expect from Exquisite. Just my opinion.
I'm sorry, but what were you expecting to see? It's not a secret that Upper Deck can not use images of players in their NBA jerseys, nor can they use the game used jerseys or patches for their memorabilia cards.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
I truly don't get why all of the baiting and bad mouthing happens around here. I realize there are quite a few investors on this board that want to "put over" their products, but it has become ridiculous lately. I love the way the Panini Silhouettes look, so I recently purchased a Kobe. However, I also plan on purchasing every Vince Carter card made from this years Exquisite. I think the championship bling cards are stunning. Wow! Is it possible that I like both products and I want them both in my personal collection? How dare I collect both and not concentrate on all of the negative garbage around here. Thankfully, I still look at this as a hobby and not a business.
This is a great post and I agree with you 100%.
purejd86p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
Yeah, look at this Lebron black ink:
2011-12 exquisite LEBRON JAMES AUTO SHADOWBOX | eBay

The ink ran out at the beginning. Same with this Penny:
2011-12 Exquisite ANFERNEE HARDAWAY Endorsements Card /50!!! | eBay

These gold inks even look dull:
MICHAEL JORDAN,LEBRON JAMES,MAGIC JOHNSON 2011/12 EXQUISITE Triple AUTO/15 GOLD | eBay

I have a hard time believing the ink on the card above looks like the ink on the MJ bling auto pictured above. Looks like 2 different pens to be honest.
When I think of Exquisite or UD Black autos, I think of the "Pop" that the cards have. The foiling, the sharp colors, and the vivid colors. This product doesn't do it for me. The autographs all seem to be not as sharp as usual, as you were saying. I like to see the bold autographs as they stand out on the black backgrounds, but some of the autographs seem streaky or slacking. As I look at all the cards, I just am not as impressed as with past cards.
I appreciate that the cards are mostly new sets, but what seems to happen is that since they paid Jordan to sign so many cards, they were left to have to get players such as Lonnie Shelton who isn't worthy of a card in a $500+ product. So what happens is the "big" hits aren't as big as normally, and the smaller hits you may depend upon to make up the gap between losing money and breaking even aren't worth enough to cover the cap when buying a case. I believe that the product is still enticing to those who buy single boxes because one Jordan makes back your money as long as you don't pay a ridiculous amount on the box, and a 33% chance(at least) to make your money back on a box is better than 99% of products out there.
Overall, I believe these cards are beautiful, but not at the prices people are paying.
Sorry if this is slightly incoherent, I'm tired. haha
Shelden916 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #42 (permalink)

i like it IF the price is right.