Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Does anyone like Exquisite?

I have only seen a couple cases opened, but I am rather surprised with the product. I did not see the pre sell sheet, but the images are very nice. The jerseys are not always visible, and the design of some of the cards is just unbelievable. The base cards seem to be just as good as in past years. I do not do much Rookies, but for me I think UD could have done better with this design. The UD Black was a great idea mixing up two of the most famous products, and the shadow boxes are sweet!

The gold ink on the black background looks amazing! Its unfortunate that some of them are faded. The cards seem to have a dark color theme and it takes away from the NCAA jerseys and makes other aspects of the card POP!

Anyone else like the product?
RookieFan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Like I said, it's a mirror image of Exquisite Football from this year. If you haven't checked out either in person, then do yourself a favor and do that before you pass judgement. The gold autos look great.

I'm still not really a fan of either, to be honest. But the Exquisite designs are far and away better than Retro, minus the pmg's. Shadowboxes look incredible in person.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieFan15 View Post
I have only seen a couple cases opened, but I am rather surprised with the product. I did not see the pre sell sheet, but the images are very nice. The jerseys are not always visible, and the design of some of the cards is just unbelievable. The base cards seem to be just as good as in past years. I do not do much Rookies, but for me I think UD could have done better with this design. The UD Black was a great idea mixing up two of the most famous products, and the shadow boxes are sweet!

The gold ink on the black background looks amazing! Its unfortunate that some of them are faded. The cards seem to have a dark color theme and it takes away from the NCAA jerseys and makes other aspects of the card POP!

Anyone else like the product?
I like it. Though I agree there are lots of things that could have been done better. Overall the gold autos look really nice.
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think they've done a great job.

They made good use of foil as usual and the cards are generally 'classy' looking (as you'd expect with the Exquisite name).

I really like the inclusion of UD Black style cards.

The rookie cards are impressive.

Obviously it's not ideal that they feature college photos rather than NBA photos, but I think that Upper Deck have made the most of a bad situation since they lost the license.

People are moaning about the product, but what would you prefer Upper Deck to do? Surely this is a huge improvement on their 2009-10 Greats of the Game release (one of their first college products after losing their NBA license)?
WillC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

This card is better than anything Panini has ever produced...

Old 10-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post

Just becaue Panini makes a crappy product and UD makes a less crappy product doesnt mean its good. Why compare to Panini, when we are just asking about Exquisite?
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Just becaue Panini makes a crappy product and UD makes a less crappy product doesnt mean its good. Why compare to Panini, when we are just asking about Exquisite?
Because lots of people are complaining about the new Exquisite cards, but they're still better than any other cards that have been released in the last year or two.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

The card is very impressive. Panini unfortunately does not have many highend cards. That MJ has a clean gold ink auto on a black background, which allow I would be satisfied with. A very nice image and contrast of colors. The manufactured ring or w/e that is makes the card seem "golden." and only after all that do you realize MJ has a UNC jersey on. I am not going to compare Panini and UD, but I will say that with Upper Deck's NCAA license, they have really produced some nice looking cards.
RookieFan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

I think this set and card looks better than that MJ Exquisite black card auto

[/QUOTE]
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

I don't like them one bit! And let me tell you why!

I believe they're a big reason why the basketball card market has had some problems. Whenever you make a product and charge two arms, two legs, and a......... you're bound to have dirt bags doing some fishy stuff. We all know when it comes to big bucks, there are shady characters. So why charge so much to begin with!? It's like there is 24K solid gold in them, or any gold at all!! For the record, I wouldn't want these cards at the original price per box(of the 2003-04), or even cheaper! Because i'm talking about price as if I would get them if they were cheaper........... lol I wouldn't.

So yeah, I blame it on UD for charging too much for these, so that morons could come out of the woods, shill them and create a bunch of bs with everything surrounding Exquisite. Just because they knew that people would fall for the whole price tag thing, and if they would shill it to the moon, as they've been, then people will eat up the story even more!

Since when has price done anything for a brean? There has been MANY brands, like Ultimate Collection, that has cost an arm and a leg to begin with but then went down in price.... and those were beautiful cards! It was just a matter of time that a few dirt bags got together and started to shill the hell out of these Exquisites to MAKE them hold their value and sell for more even!

I think the "fat cats" bought up the 1/1's early one for pennies on the dollar(compared to today's prices), and also stocked up on other things Exquisite and then shilled the heck out of them! So what will happen to their precious 1/1's!? They would sell for MILLIONS!!!! Same ol bs story.... a few guys trying to look like they're high class or something and try to get their egos strocked, so what do they do, the help create a false market!!!

They even run forums and ban people who speak out again it, what a surprise there smh

If you people wanna fall for the whole Exquisite crap, then fine.......... your loss once they start going down because the shillers and pumpers will eventually slow their bs down, and you're left with a $40 card when you paid $1,000 smh

So yeah, I don't like Exquisite for the most part, with the exception of a few cards, mostly due to their old, dirty looking patches of older players. And of course the first set 2003-04. That will go down as one of the best sets. But the rest? RE-MAKES!?!? smh... you guys love using the word remake, so why not use that for Exquisite? They're all remakes!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

okay, now that card looks a LOT better than I thought it would.

Would have been awesome if they put actual, real diamonds in the ring too. Don't even have to be high quality diamonds, just like a few si2 stones...to give it that 'Exquisite' flair...
Old 10-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

lol that is uGLY!!! hahaha

These looked better in the pics UD put out before these came out... smh

Now if that big chunk was actual real GOLD, then I would say that these cards were useful just a bit but the overall design is fugly!!!!! They definitely didn't look like this when you put out the sneak peak

Kinda like when you go to a dark club or something and the girl looks AMAZING!!!! The next day you see her in the light!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post

Now if that big chunk was actual real GOLD, then I would say that these cards were useful just a bit but the overall design is fugly!!!!! They definitely didn't look like this when you put out the sneak peak

Kinda like when you go to a dark club or something and the girl looks AMAZING!!!! The next day you see her in the light!
A classic case of 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.

I hate the name ('Championship Bling', ugh), but the card design is exquisite.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

I believe Upper Deck transformed Exquisite this year from a rookie based product to a veteran/retired based product. In the past we all watched the breaks only waiting to see what rookie patch auto was pulled (with the occasional Jordan or Lebron auto sprinkled in there to help sweetin the pot). But I look at this years exquisite, and the rookie autos you could pretty much just toss them in the trash with the tin, plastic wrap, and cardboard box. But I grew up watching most of the players that are being pulled. I am excited to see the Bird's, Jordan's, Lebron's, and Magic autos, but as a Michigan fan, I would love to have the Glenn Rice "bling" card to go along with a Steve Fisher coach card. I personally think this release is great, but we will have to see how the masses accept it.
fctryseald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

I personally like the cards.
kevinshreves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

Now why does the ink on this card look great, but the other gold ink autos look dull? Even some of the black ink autos look dull and already faded.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
Now why does the ink on this card look great, but the other gold ink autos look dull? Even some of the black ink autos look dull and already faded.
the black ink on some of the exquisite cards this year was extremely sub par, even in football. many of the shadowbox autos in football look like a grade schooler with alzheimers penned them, due to the ink used

the gold autos, however...look great in person. most all of them. it's probably just the pictures making them seem distorted
Old 10-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

Dude, you post with so much anger and hatred, it's almost as if you had 5 cases on pre-order and your hobby shop sold them out from under you. Am I close?
fctryseald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
A classic case of 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.

I hate the name ('Championship Bling', ugh), but the card design is exquisite.
This is true...

I hate cards with no border, i'm a border freak!!!

You know how Silhouettes have the two borders on the left and right side? At least have SOME border. Plus on the Silhouettes you have the top and bottom which can be considered to be border like, well the botton does, the gray area, and the top almost looks like it does. Can you imagine what Topps Chrome cards would look with no borders!? I love Topps Chrome, but with no border, no way!!! They would look like Gold Label LOL

These bling cards would probably look ok if there was a nice border.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
the black ink on some of the exquisite cards this year was extremely sub par, even in football. many of the shadowbox autos in football look like a grade schooler with alzheimers penned them, due to the ink used

the gold autos, however...look great in person. most all of them. it's probably just the pictures making them seem distorted
Yeah, look at this Lebron black ink:
2011-12 exquisite LEBRON JAMES AUTO SHADOWBOX | eBay

The ink ran out at the beginning. Same with this Penny:
2011-12 Exquisite ANFERNEE HARDAWAY Endorsements Card /50!!! | eBay

These gold inks even look dull:
MICHAEL JORDAN,LEBRON JAMES,MAGIC JOHNSON 2011/12 EXQUISITE Triple AUTO/15 GOLD | eBay

I have a hard time believing the ink on the card above looks like the ink on the MJ bling auto pictured above. Looks like 2 different pens to be honest.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fctryseald View Post
Dude, you post with so much anger and hatred, it's almost as if you had 5 cases on pre-order and your hobby shop sold them out from under you. Am I close?
I could care less for Exquisite........ it's just those certain few "investors" of it who do nothing but cause trouble on this forum, and now I figured i'd give them my OPINION on it......... I could keep my opinion to myself about it for all I care, because I don't even care to post about them, but since you have these few people that just can't help themselves all the time around the forum, I figured i'd give them my two cents on what I think/know.

Not to mention the scum of this earth, the shillers!!! Somebody's gotta keep them honest. If we all keep our mouth shut, they'll run WILD!!! Shoving Exuisite down everybody thoats like it's the best thing that ever happened, when it is not!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

This years exquisite has some pro's & con's just like every other year. I remember when 09-10 Exquisite was announced it recieved alot of the same negative feedback as this one has.

This product will do well, just like the others.
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I could care less for Exquisite........ it's just those certain few "investors" of it who do nothing but cause trouble on this forum, and now I figured i'd give them my OPINION on it......... I could keep my opinion to myself about it for all I care, because I don't even care to post about them, but since you have these few people that just can't help themselves all the time around the forum, I figured i'd give them my two cents on what I think/know.

Not to mention the scum of this earth, the shillers!!! Somebody's gotta keep them honest. If we all keep our mouth shut, they'll run WILD!!! Shoving Exuisite down everybody thoats like it's the best thing that ever happened, when it is not!
The problem is, by constantly posting your negative comments about Exquisite, it irks those of us who genuinely like and enjoy collecting Exquisite cards.

Not everyone who likes Exquisites is a shiller.

I'm not a huge fan of Silhouettes, but I don't go around bad-mouthing them at every opportunity.

You know I love you Gio ...but I have to say it like it is
Old 10-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
The problem is, by constantly posting your negative comments about Exquisite, it irks those of us who genuinely like and enjoy collecting Exquisite cards.

Not everyone who likes Exquisites is a shiller.

I'm not a huge fan of Silhouettes, but I don't go around bad-mouthing them at every opportunity.

You know I love you Gio ...but I have to say it like it is
Of course I know, and you know the feeling is mutual.... now they're going to accuse us of.................. haha

You haven't said anything wrong, I agree with you. But I don't think that people who collect Exquisite are shillers? What the heck is that!? haha

I know of actual shillers, and friends of, that come here, bash everything they know I collect, run wild on this forum with their bs, and shove Exquisite and 90's inserts down everybody's troats like it's the best thing that ever happened! So I should just sit back? So, I figured the least I could do is give my honest opinion on it.

Again, I could care less to even comment, but these guys just can;t help themselves and just gotta make a stink out of things on the forum.

I can respect what others collect, I always have! And I can also see how all my opinions can make it seem like i'm bashing what others collect, but I am not. I am just giving my opinions how Exquisite is not the best and everything is sh!t, because that's far from the truth.

Collect what you love, that's great, that's how it's supposed to be! Just don't collect certain cards just because you heard it was the "hot' thing to collect. Makes you look dumb, and makes you not enjoy them fully, and probably will not enjoy collecting them anymore with time.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #25 (permalink)

I truly don't get why all of the baiting and bad mouthing happens around here. I realize there are quite a few investors on this board that want to "put over" their products, but it has become ridiculous lately. I love the way the Panini Silhouettes look, so I recently purchased a Kobe. However, I also plan on purchasing every Vince Carter card made from this years Exquisite. I think the championship bling cards are stunning. Wow! Is it possible that I like both products and I want them both in my personal collection? How dare I collect both and not concentrate on all of the negative garbage around here. Thankfully, I still look at this as a hobby and not a business.
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote