Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Post Office Problems.....HELP!!!!!

I made a deal selling some of my melo cards to a member on here (ballaholic2). He made two separate purchases, so I had put them in separate bubble mailers. I sent them both out from the post office with d/c at the same time. I will provide tracking numbers at the end of this message so you guys can see if you can determine what the problem is. I get a message from him today saying that he has been watching the tracking numbers, and that one of them shows it should be delivered tomorrow, but it shows that one was delivered yesterday. He says that he never got the cards. The tracking number shows that it was delivered into the right zip code so it had to have made it at least that far. Is there any chance that it may be with the other package and arrive tomorrow? Or has the post office in NV done something screwy and taken his card? I plan on going to the post office first thing in the morning, as I asked him to do the same on his end. Hopefully we can get this straightened out, but what do you guys think has happened? Has anyone had problems with the post office like this before?
Tracking numbers
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Give it another day, it's not uncommon for a mailman to scan something as delivered when they start their shift and not get to it. I've had this happen before and within 2 days later at the most the package showed up.
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightCash View Post
Give it another day, it's not uncommon for a mailman to scan something as delivered when they start their shift and not get to it. I've had this happen before and within 2 days later at the most the package showed up.
i'm really hoping that's what it is. I just dont understand how i mail two at the same time, going to the same address, and one shows as delivered while the other one hasn't made it out for delivery?
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

USPS isn't always the most efficient with the tracking. Give it a couple days. It sometimes seems like they wait to deliver all my cards at once lol
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
i'm really hoping that's what it is. I just dont understand how i mail two at the same time, going to the same address, and one shows as delivered while the other one hasn't made it out for delivery?
It looks like one ended up in Reno while the other one went straight to Vegas. That's pretty weird. They got separated at your PO. It was probably a switch of swifts or something while somebody was sorting. They ended up at the sorting facility about 2 hrs apart. Your packages get tossed into a big bin of mail, so they get mixed up immediately.

Anyway, I've had a tracking number that said Delivered. It showed up a day later. If the recipient lives in an apartment, there may not be a mailbox big enough to fit packages, so the mailman has to drop it off at the office which might have been closed. I used to have one that wasn't big enough to my hand in it..lol. Then after the shift, the mailman may have just scanned everything as delivered.
DsBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yes just wait a few days, Ill tell you they (po) wont be too helpful if you go up there just sayin lol
Birdmandig is offline   Reply With Quote