Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #151 (permalink)
Banned

If you read the thread you will see what I meant . Amare and the Knicks talk to much. Felton says I have a chip on my shoulders . That great who are you are a average pg at beast . top 50 player no a average player who cares . Now if rondo ,wade or rose said it its different . Amare try playing a few games before you act like the Knicks are favorites for a title .
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
If you read the thread you will see what I meant . Amare and the Knicks talk to much. Felton says I have a chip on my shoulders . That great who are you are a average pg at beast . top 50 player no a average player who cares . Now if rondo ,wade or rose said it its different . Amare try playing a few games before you act like the Knicks are favorites for a title .
There is gonna be a lot of time for ragging on Felton this year.

Camby is out for the opener :/ shocker
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki24 View Post
lolKnicks what a joke franchise, how can Knicks fans stand this joke of a franchise, if pairing Stephon Marbury and Stevie Franchise in the same backcourt wasn't enough to steer them away, I don't know what will
lol, true enough
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #154 (permalink)

Amare Stoudemire to miss at least 1st 6 weeks of season with knee injury, according to league sources. Knicks expected to announce tomorrow

Now you can gloat and make fun of Amare, and I wanna see Knicks fans talk positively now.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #155 (permalink)
Banned

Which Knicks fan was correct about amares injury?

Go see page one. Haha it seems to have been the guy that's been bashed for not being a true fan.

Knicks spinners?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Which Knicks fan was correct about amares injury?

Go see page one. Haha it seems to have been the guy that's been bashed for not being a true fan.

Knicks spinners?
i'm sure the king of knicks spinning will show up soon. or perhaps he is busy, probably on tour with chick corea lol
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #157 (permalink)

More like 8 weeks, sorry guys. See ya in 2013 Amare!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #158 (permalink)

For real, of course everyone always wants to bash on Amare and the knicks in general. Amare shouldn't have been talking all the stuff he was when they haven't proved anything yet together.

I dont believe that Amare deserves the contract that he has and I personally wish they would have saved the amnesty to use on him because he is so injury prone. The difference, is that they needed to amnesty someone in order to sign Chandler. Lets face it, without Chandler they would be so much worse. He is the defensive anchor and one of the emotional leaders of this team. They need him.

Anyone who would go back to talking of Wilson Chandler thinking he is better than Shumpert must be stating that off biased reasons. Shumpert is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league already. He is a little trigger happy on his jumpshots, but there is no denying that his defense is solid. Add on a couple of years experience after he fully recovers from this ACL injury and he will be one of the top 5 shooting guards in the league. I fully believe that.

As far as Melo goes, no matter what he does everyone will hate on him until he wins a ring. He's the only one left of the big names from 03 to do it. He has the worst playoff record of anyone who's made the playoffs every year in that time frame. Let me ask you this though, can you really put all of last years series on him? Is it fair to blame him for them not making it when shumpert,davis,amare had injuries, chandler was in and out of the hospital with the flu, jr smith couldn't throw a ball in the ocean standing in it, novak wouldn't take a shot. It's quick to blame the star player of the team, but he already had to put the scoring load on his back, then people like to say he takes too many shots.

I think the amare being out may be a blessing in disguise. Look at the record the knicks put up, and the numbers melo had, when amare was out and they moved him down to the 4. If they do that, maybe they start out hot and realize amare should come off the bench with jr to have a 1-2 punch on the second unit as well.
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #159 (permalink)
Banned

Shumpert has played what like 60 games and Knicks fans are ready to crown the guy as an all star and future great. Same thing during linsanity.

Lol and Knicks fans wonder why people laugh at them?
Old 10-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Shumpert has played what like 60 games and Knicks fans are ready to crown the guy as an all star and future great. Same thing during linsanity.

Lol and Knicks fans wonder why people laugh at them?
I never have, and never will, jump on the linsanity bull......he is a scrub, i said it from day one, even during the whole stretch where he played outside of his own talent level. It was a fluke. Now that he is the focal point of houston, he will be exposed. So if anyone can ever show one post where i backed jeremy lin please feel free to post it. It hasn't ever happened. Ever....

Shumpert on the other hand, will have a great career in the NBA. He has a decent jumpshot, and can get to the rim. Even taking both of those away there are players who have made a living in this league off their defense. You can't deny how good his defense already is, and it's only going to get better. If there's any way to actually discredit his defensive game, please post it. I'm not getting into a whole spinning words argument, or changing subjects, or anything else. strictly put, i said that 1)lin is a scrub. He sucks. He is going to be exposed more than he already has. He is garbage. 2) shumpert has a decent offensive game, but a greatly developed defensive skill set. He will only go up from where he's at now. Feel free to try and discredit either of those.....
Old 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #161 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
I never have, and never will, jump on the linsanity bull......he is a scrub, i said it from day one, even during the whole stretch where he played outside of his own talent level. It was a fluke. Now that he is the focal point of houston, he will be exposed. So if anyone can ever show one post where i backed jeremy lin please feel free to post it. It hasn't ever happened. Ever....

Shumpert on the other hand, will have a great career in the NBA. He has a decent jumpshot, and can get to the rim. Even taking both of those away there are players who have made a living in this league off their defense. You can't deny how good his defense already is, and it's only going to get better. If there's any way to actually discredit his defensive game, please post it. I'm not getting into a whole spinning words argument, or changing subjects, or anything else. strictly put, i said that 1)lin is a scrub. He sucks. He is going to be exposed more than he already has. He is garbage. 2) shumpert has a decent offensive game, but a greatly developed defensive skill set. He will only go up from where he's at now. Feel free to try and discredit either of those.....
I'm not discrediting anything. I'm just saying Knicks fans to get all caught up in emotion and make crazy statements.

You may not have loved Lin but plenty of Knicks fans were off there rockers with some of the stuff they said.

As for shumpert he has played 60 games and people are acting like he is on his way to being guaranteed hall of famer or superstar.

And that is what is funny and why people tend to laugh at statements like that and the people who make them.

Sure shumpert can be a very good player but he could also become an injury prown scrub who is out of the league in 3 years. It's way too early to start crowning or predicting the guy as going to be a great sg in the league. It just sounds silly especially when the guy hasn't even played a full season and has had major injuries.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #162 (permalink)
Banned

As for shumpert a d. He is very very good on d but he is not a god as you seem to think...

Here's a interesting read pointing out some good and some bad.

Iman Shumpert Can Get Better on Defense | Hardwood Paroxysm

But once again it comes back to the point that he is basically unproven and injured.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #163 (permalink)

In the above statements I said that he has a great defensive skill set, and it will only get better. I never said that he is the best defender in the league, or even the best defensive sg in the league. I just said that he is a great defensive player already and it will only get better with experience and development.

That being said, what you stated with injuries and being out of the league in 3 years could be a very possible situation also. You never know with injuries when they will come, to who they will happen, or how bad they will be. What I do know from schooling and working in the medical field, is that most people believe after you tear your acl that it is never as strong. That is a myth. Honestly, if you have successful surgery and you go through your rehab and fully recover, the ligament will be just as strong . The main problem after recovery is mental with alot of players. They are afraid to test it and push the limits for the first year or so back. There will still be stiffness and sometimes even pain that can cause complications, but physically they will be able to do the same things he could do before the injury. That will not play that big of a role in his game after he fully recovers.

Both are possible. But with woodson being a defensive minded coach, he will help to further develop shumperts D. The kid has great potential, and barring being the next greg oden or stephen curry he will have a great career in this league, IMO
Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #164 (permalink)

I did say amare will not play the first atleast 2 months and im a huge knick fan
still very confident with this team and excited
any1 who wants to place a wager on their finishing record playoffs or anything please lmk

also anyone who thinks the nets will finish with a better record or go farther pleass contact me

melo will carry this team felton looks great and they have some pieces who can step up around

novak jr brewer copeland will all step up
there 3 point guard r pretty solid
amare is a mess and shouldnt even be make 2 mil
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
I did say amare will not play the first atleast 2 months and im a huge knick fan
any1 who wants to place a wager on their finishing record playoffs or anything please lmk

also anyone who thinks the nets will finish with a better record or go farther pleass contact me

melo will carry this team felton looks great and they have some pieces who can step up around

no doubt. im a knicks fan too. I just legitimately am not a huge amare fan. he is overpaid. but i also would be willing to bet on the knicks record. people dont give them enough credit. the only thing is come playoffs, jr needs to hit more shots. novak needed to actually take shots when he had looks. they can make a deep run, but the rest of the team is going to have to help share the load.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
no doubt. im a knicks fan too. I just legitimately am not a huge amare fan. he is overpaid. but i also would be willing to bet on the knicks record. people dont give them enough credit. the only thing is come playoffs, jr needs to hit more shots. novak needed to actually take shots when he had looks. they can make a deep run, but the rest of the team is going to have to help share the load.
Knicks have in my opinion resolved their PG needs and their BIG needs with all these older veterans that are ready to clog up Lebrons red carpet to the rim. Last couple years, they crumbled in the playoffs because of lack of PG.
XARZY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdownunder View Post
i'm sure the king of knicks spinning will show up soon. or perhaps he is busy, probably on tour with chick corea lol
seriously, you can F yourself. sorry i couldn't be on blowout we are enduring a HURRICANE. i have no power in my house and i just was able to go outside and make it up to my studio which has power and internet.

but seriously, quit being such a condescending d-bag troll. wtf is knicks spinning, some sort of knicks based work out? WHY ARE YOU A MEMBER OF BLOWOUT??? better question - WHICH BANNED MEMBER ARE YOU? DO YOU EVEN COLLECT CARDS?

you don't have anything better to do than make fun of peoples professions and be a total piece of trash? what do you do thats so g-d impressive?

Fing tool.

/rant
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #168 (permalink)

as for amare, great. he's out a month or so. IF HE WASN'T OUT, IT WOULD BE 'OH AMARE AND MELO CAN'T PLAY TOGETHER BLAH BLAH BLAH'. you can't have it both ways lol. and there is a diference between being a realist and just bashing the knicks. pepsiporch does the latter. he doesn't root for his team to be good, he's just a fool, or a 11 year old, or most likely both.

and shumpert IS as good as people say he is. its not just us, hes a first team all rookie...
Old 10-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARZY View Post
Knicks have in my opinion resolved their PG needs and their BIG needs with all these older veterans that are ready to clog up Lebrons red carpet to the rim. Last couple years, they crumbled in the playoffs because of lack of PG.
Devils advocate here: You have no worries about Felton at all? Why not? He was borderline D League material last year, do you honestly have no worries about him at all? Or his 40 year old backups?

I am not saying Felton is gonna be a disaster again, but if you dont have any hesitation at all, then you are too big of a homer here.

Also, first team all rookie isnt anything special. He tied for the 5th spot, and there were SEVEN guys on the first team, and if you wanna look back at some of the other "First team all rookies" that never made it such as

Gary Neal
Landry Fields
Al Thornton
Randy Foye
Channing Frye
Charlie Villanueva
Kirk Hinrich
Darius Miles
Mo Pete

And on, and on.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Devils advocate here: You have no worries about Felton at all? Why not? He was borderline D League material last year, do you honestly have no worries about him at all? Or his 40 year old backups?

I am not saying Felton is gonna be a disaster again, but if you dont have any hesitation at all, then you are too big of a homer here.

Also, first team all rookie isnt anything special. He tied for the 5th spot, and there were SEVEN guys on the first team, and if you wanna look back at some of the other "First team all rookies" that never made it such as

Gary Neal
Landry Fields
Al Thornton
Randy Foye
Channing Frye
Charlie Villanueva
Kirk Hinrich
Darius Miles
Mo Pete

And on, and on.

i appreciate you not being as much as a D BAG as some of the other members errr trolls...

but felton still was 11 ppg and 6.5 assists last year on an off year...not exactly borderline d league...but he's looked great in pre-season, in shape and motivated. he's honestly the least of the knicks worries. it would be nice for him to have his partner in crime - amare - but he really is the very least of the knicks worries. and besides him kidd (although old lol) and prigioini are all 3 better than last year when they started TONEY DOUGLAS and MIKE FRIEKEN BIBBY for the first month or so of the season. the PG situation is nothing to be concerned about. and honestly as much as i think amare will have a bounce back year this year, the defense will be better without him no doubt. they will just have to figure out how to get enough offense out of this team.

but there is no need to completely give up on this team just because amare is out a month. the depth is pretty solid in the front court, kurt, camby, novak, and copeland can all play the 4. it looks as if camby is saying he's ready for the opener, if there WILL be an opener.

the knicks will still have a very good year this year, amare out for a month or not. and then when shumpert gets back they'll have even more depth. but i'm really not worried about it.

much more worried about getting power back and my friends in NJ that i haven't been in touch with. it's been a shitty couple days.

as for shumpert its fine to think he's overrated, but theres NO WAY any real knicks fan would think that he's not very good, and theres NO WAY any real knicks fan would hate on the tyson chandler signing...
Old 10-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post

exactly man, good points. i will also gladly take bets on the knicks being better than the nets...

what about d-will? his ankle already needs surgery and he's just going to play thru on a bad wheel? sounds like a good plan...nets losing d-will would be 500x more devastating than knicks losing amare.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #172 (permalink)

I just wanna laugh at Knicks fans who have blindly supported Amare and the Knicks saying they are gonna do this and that and never mention the fact that he has ticking time bombs in his knees, knees so bad it could end his career.

Knicks fans ignore that, and Felton being fat and useless last year too I guess.

Thats all I wanted to point out. Carry on with the Nets/Knicks bitching
Old 10-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
I just wanna laugh at Knicks fans who have blindly supported Amare and the Knicks saying they are gonna do this and that and never mention the fact that he has ticking time bombs in his knees, knees so bad it could end his career.

Knicks fans ignore that, and Felton being fat and useless last year too I guess.

Thats all I wanted to point out. Carry on with the Nets/Knicks bitching
man, i was trying to give you credit for not being as much of a d-bag lol.....

his knees haven't been the problem really, its been his back...how could we have seen the knee cyst coming???

nobody is ignoring his health issues, but i honestly believe when he gets on the court this year he will have a much more productive year. he looked great the year before last and went thru a lot of physical and personal problems last year. people want to ignore that every other year of felton's career he's been in fine shape. and he said it himself, last year he thought there would be no NBA and he let himself go a little. but you can SEE that he is in good shape and motivated. he has looked great in pre-season. deron williams just said the other day after their game that he's better than lin (for what thats worth).

do people really feel the need to 'point out' this kind of stuff to us? we follow the team, we know amare's issues, we know felton gets ragged on for being fat last year, whatever. the knicks still have a chance to have a big year this year, no matter how fat felton was LAST year lol.

what about your celtics? got a pretty old starting line up... don't have any front court depth...darko? who's the back up PG? good luck, i think the atlantic will be very close race this year, just like last year.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #174 (permalink)
Banned

so 60 games in the league and a couple big injuries really can show that you are a great player and that good!

sensationalism at its best. haha
Old 10-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
so 60 games in the league and a couple big injuries really can show that you are a great player and that good!

sensationalism at its best. haha
we're excited about our young player. nobody said he was great. he's the best young player the knicks have had in while. i think we're allowed to be excited about a young player. thanks for your input. 'haha'