Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 02:37 AM   #76 (permalink)

this is so ridiculous it is unfortunately hilarious to a point.
i joined BO forums to get more insight into collecting after a 6 year hiatus, but to see how much the industry has "changed" to the point you see someone like this that claims they have a brother have a fall, is now getting worse, and having medical bills that are up to 22k when in canada its free to a point, and you don't have to pay right off the bat, especially if that person is still getting treatment... sigh.

if the person is hurt, prayers still go out to him. kudos to rookie fan though, i would not have sat tight at the age of 17 for $400; u did some awesome research.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
How about the balls, were they affected too?

What the heck, i'll send you a couple of $100's, what's your paypal? But only if you send me pics!! Make sure you include your BO user ID, and show us the parts that were affected.... feel better!
no offense but ^^^^

i find this kind of creepy....
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:24 AM   #78 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Hey guys, I was making some margaritas and caught my penis in a blender. It just happened 2 minutes ago and there is massive blood loss everywhere...im starttting t get liteh e ade d.

So please pm me and send me paypal. This will be my last post. God bless.

(If I pass out, you can PM my brother at "NotWilsonValdez"...I'm sure he'll help)
Talk about a true cocktail
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:05 AM   #79 (permalink)

Wow...now that you make that connection...I have something to add...

So I had a deal in place with my_omni the day directly before his 'accident' for all of my preferred swatch booklets...he seemed like a good dude, I even turned down another offer for them (or some of them) because I wanted to give him time to get better and still have a shot at them. Long story short Lebron(whatever the number is) contacted me a week or do ago asking for those same cards...I didnt think anything of it since people are interested in those, but now with all the other evidence it seems like something fishy is going on...
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:16 AM   #80 (permalink)

This guy is possibly the most confusing and stupidest scammer of all time.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:17 AM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
Wow...now that you make that connection...I have something to add...

So I had a deal in place with my_omni the day directly before his 'accident' for all of my preferred swatch booklets...he seemed like a good dude, I even turned down another offer for them (or some of them) because I wanted to give him time to get better and still have a shot at them. Long story short Lebron(whatever the number is) contacted me a week or do ago asking for those same cards...I didnt think anything of it since people are interested in those, but now with all the other evidence it seems like something fishy is going on...
right? i remember seeing that thread he made looking for all booklets,yet he is needing money and is in such a jam he contacts you just last week with paypal ready to buy? no doubt the guy got busted in just a plain flat out scam.
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:28 AM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
right? i remember seeing that thread he made looking for all booklets,yet he is needing money and is in such a jam he contacts you just last week with paypal ready to buy? no doubt the guy got busted in just a plain flat out scam.
This was his second message to me after inquiring about them -

'i saw them in your bucket.

I'm actually placing all preferred booklets in a corridor towards my son's bedroom.....

like a hall of the greats or something hehe...i hope you could help me out..thanks man..'

Mhmmmmmm
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
This was his second message to me after inquiring about them -

'i saw them in your bucket.

I'm actually placing all preferred booklets in a corridor towards my son's bedroom.....

like a hall of the greats or something hehe...i hope you could help me out..thanks man..'

Mhmmmmmm
wow.. i am guessing his "son" is imaginary aswell,hoping you would be extra kind on the prices because you would be led on to believe they were gonna go to his kid I wonder how many people he has taken advantage of with his clever claims?
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #84 (permalink)

good find op, scammers suck!!!!!!
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #85 (permalink)
Banned

IF THIS GUY IS TRYING TO GET MONEY FOR HIS BROTHER, THEN WHY DID HE AGREE TO BUY MY ELUSIVE AUTO SET FOR $175. WHY IS HE BUYING A SET OF BASICALLY SCRUB AUTOS AND SPENDING $175. THEN HE PUTS ME ON HOLD FOR 2 DAYS AND SAYS HE SPENT THE MONEY ON ANOTHER CARD?

Lebron623

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi if you take $175 dlvd I'll take them and pay for them right now...
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
Good to hear you got your refund. Don't delete this thread. I'd bet its the same person. Why would he have his brothers card in his bucket anyway?

Since everyone else wants proof of everything in the basketball forums, why aren't we demanding copies of the medical bills?
Because you won't get them. They don't exist as we have universal healthcare and the govt pays the bills.

Total scam
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #87 (permalink)

Yup the guy posted about his accident on the 20th of September and somehow he got the lebron account set up on the 20th of September as well. Why wasn't his brother with him at the hospital watching over instead of making an account on BO the same day his brother get's in an accident?

Also he somehow joined a group break when there are expenses to be paid? He made more purchases then selling when again why is he even on the site when your brother is getting worse daily?

Lastly, serious injuries financially have a way of working out especially in Europe and Canada with the healthcare system and didn't he mention he was injured at work? So shouldn't there be workers comp and insurance to kick in?
SacKingsR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #88 (permalink)

What a piece of #@#@#@#@.. Funny how scammers always have brothers when they get caught. Probably just a pale virgin nerd that's balls haven't dropped. Sad
Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #89 (permalink)

So did the OP actually get paid like lebron623 said?

I collect mostly Kevin Durant!
toxicboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #90 (permalink)

Yeah he did pay him. But with all the new stories released the guy is a flat out scammer. He made up the story and has tried to lie his way out of this. Ban his IP and his neighborhood so he never comes back.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #91 (permalink)

It's absolutely remarkable how sloppy this scammer was/is lol

But! Why was a 17 yr old awake at 1 am ON A SCHOOL NIGHT?! *starts digging through rookie fans past threads for evidence*
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #92 (permalink)

This is what I think might have happened:

Omni really did hurt his back and never received the card, but his little brother did, and just hid the fact from his big brother who really is in the hospital with back troubles. I suspect that's why the lebron623 immediately paid for the item (plus extra) after his shady actions got found out by the OP. It just doesn't sound like a pure scam to me because usually in a normal scam the person who lost out doesn't get their money back so easily. Thoughts?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #93 (permalink)

this is certainly the shadiest story i've read on here since joining.

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicboy27 View Post

Omni really did hurt his back and never received the card, but his little brother did, and just hid the fact from his big brother who really is in the hospital with back troubles. I suspect that's why the lebron623 immediately paid for the item (plus extra) after his shady actions got found out by the OP. It just doesn't sound like a pure scam to me because usually in a normal scam the person who lost out doesn't get their money back so easily. Thoughts?
You are from CA you might be his cousin.. Statements invalid.

Listen this clown said he needed money for bills, and there have been multiple people post messages where "Lebron" is trying to buy lots, autos etc.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #95 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun941 View Post
You are from CA you might be his cousin.. Statements invalid.

Listen this clown said he needed money for bills, and there have been multiple people post messages where "Lebron" is trying to buy lots, autos etc.
Im from Canada. Infact Im in Toronto, the same city he is in. Does that mean im in on the scam to? Get real!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Im from Canada. Infact Im in Toronto, the same city he is in. Does that mean im in on the scam to? Get real!
You certainly don't try to fly under anyone's radar OJ! You're far from a suspect! :P
Old 10-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #97 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicboy27 View Post

umm....because internet people are flipping crazy! Look at what happened to that girl who tweeted torrey smith!

People here know this guys name and address, if he doesn't refund the money it would be posted and likely this guys life would be miserable
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Are you trying to defend him and make excuses like the other guy from CA?? If you aren't then obviously you wouldn't be. Do you people puff out your chest when your typing to seem tough??
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
umm....because internet people are flipping crazy! Look at what happened to that girl who tweeted torrey smith!

People here know this guys name and address, if he doesn't refund the money it would be posted and likely this guys life would be miserable
That's possible, but that's not the only possibility.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun941 View Post
Are you trying to defend him and make excuses like the other guy from CA?? If you aren't then obviously you wouldn't be. Do you people puff out your chest when your typing to seem tough??
Shaun941 you must be a internet troll, and if you aren't and truly think this way, I feel sorry for you bro.