Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Exclamation The story behind the lost Durant Chronology

This story has been brought up on numerous occasions before, but for those of you who do not know, here is the background.

Early September, I sold a True Rookie Kevin Durant Chronology Auto to my_onni for $400. I had purchased the card on eBay and later found the seller was a member on the forums and we did a transaction direct through PayPal. Here is a link to that auction:

2007 08 Kevin Durant Chronology True RC Auto 87 99 RARE | eBay

Pay close attention to the slight damage on the lower edge and small spot under the UD logo, this damage is why is sold for so little.

I sold the card to my_onni, a Canadian member and I had never shipped internationally before especially an expensive card. After a couple weeks of confusion, I shipped September 25th with USPS first class international. Something I am regretting, and will not do again. my_onni on september 20th posted a thread about his fall at work and how he is paralyzed from his waist down. I wish him the best, but I am starting to doubt this ever happend (how could he make a thread about it hours after it happened, he should be in the hospital?) Here is the link to that thread:

BO Basketball Community..I would like to thank you and please pray for me...

Well on October 1st, he filed a case against me claiming that he was protecting himself, since shipping took so long, and he won the case by the 7th. I was out $400. He has since disappeared, no response on the forums, emails, and even paypal tried contacting him.

Well I thought it was a lost cause until I listed my Michael Jordan Exquisite Autograph for sale. At first, a member here tipped me off that a user goes by myonni12 on another site, not sure if this is relevant, but most importantly LEBRON623 told me to look through his bucket. He joined the forums in September and claimed to be a new collector, but a quick search through his posts makes it clear that he is an experienced collector unless he is a fast learner. Well I searched through his bucket and came upon this...

Now compare it to the scan I had of mine, damage on lower edge is the same, the K is both slightly smudged, and the dot under the UD logo is the same(I was trying to remove it when I had it so it became white in his picture.)

Ok, so I go ahead and PM him, and he goes on to tell me its numbered 17/99 not the same as my 87/99, but he picked it up from a local shop. I looked at his feedback and through some messages found out this member is located in Canada. I then started comparing threads and posts and was trying to see if I could find similarities between the two users. Well surely enough I did.

My_onni had posted about buying Jeremy Lamb cards on 9-13-12 and numerous other times. Lebron623 happens to have a collection of Jeremy Lamb cards if you look through his bucket now.

Still not convinced?

Well my_onni had posted several times he was buying the kobe Le Cinque Piu Belle autos, and Lebron623 has posted finders fees of up to $50 for the same cards.

Through some sources who do not want to be named. They both have the same address too.

Something seems fishy here. What does everyone think about this? Can I do anything about it?

Last edited by RookieFan15; 10-24-2012 at 02:09 AM.
RookieFan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Open and shut case, that card is yours

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

This is why I never believe people on this site that say they fell off a ladder.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

the matching signature does it all.. get em'
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Wow so my_onni and lebron623 are the same person and that whole story of him falling was made up?
AllStars2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

After I posted this thread. Lebron623 told me he is my_onni's brother and they are trying to fund the medical bills. He sent me back the $400 as well as $50 as a complimentary payment for the troubles. He wants me to remove this thread, but I do not know what to believe anymore and want people to be aware of this situation.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Good detective work!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

wow......go kick sherlock holmes in the nuts and tell him he's fired. your investigative skills far surpass his knowledge.

on a more serious note. try contacting paypal again and present them with all of this information. ask to speak with a manager or something. they may be able to progress it along faster. that definitely is your card. what a scumbag d*ckhead move by that guy. hope you get your card back..............then again, there's always plan b. make a trip up north and break his legs for real then take the card back? just sayin.....
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieFan15 View Post
After I posted this thread. Lebron623 told me he is my_onni's brother and they are trying to fund the medical bills. He sent me back the $400 as well as $50 as a complimentary payment for the troubles. He wants me to remove this thread, but I do not know what to believe anymore and want people to be aware of this situation.
So you finally received the card, so even though he's going through troubles in the hospital, he was able to make his brother send you the money, is this correct?

Doesn't sound like a scammer to me. A scammer would disappear forever!!! I would have waited till he got back on the forum so he could pay you back himself, but anyway, you're paid so that's that.

Main thing, is he ok or not? What did his brother say on his condition? Glad everybody could rest easy now.......... i'm sure he would have taken care of you when/if he got back, but good that it's over though. If you send a card 3 weeks after a person pays and then they do a charge back, is it really their fault? Then the card finally arrives... but he's not able to get back to you because he is in the hospital, or home in bad shape?

Anyway, hope everything works out or all. Ask his brother to post how he's doing! I'm sure many would like to know, including me.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

That used to be my card and i can back up that the OP is telling the truth.
Wings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

Well done mate! Glad you got your money, but no way in hell would I remove this thread!

I don't care if it was his brother, sister or nan, he could have shed some light on this much earlier!
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Good to hear you got your refund. Don't delete this thread. I'd bet its the same person. Why would he have his brothers card in his bucket anyway?

Since everyone else wants proof of everything in the basketball forums, why aren't we demanding copies of the medical bills?
jr24ai3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:35 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
well, if there's any consolation, you got your money back! your investigation paid off!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #14 (permalink)

Yeah I am not understanding the brother thing. Leave this thread. So his brother made an account and added the KD to his photobucket?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
So you finally received the card, so even though he's going through troubles in the hospital, he was able to make his brother send you the money, is this correct?

Doesn't sound like a scammer to me. A scammer would disappear forever!!! I would have waited till he got back on the forum so he could pay you back himself, but anyway, you're paid so that's that.

Main thing, is he ok or not? What did his brother say on his condition? Glad everybody could rest easy now.......... i'm sure he would have taken care of you when/if he got back, but good that it's over though. If you send a card 3 weeks after a person pays and then they do a charge back, is it really their fault? Then the card finally arrives... but he's not able to get back to you because he is in the hospital, or home in bad shape?

Anyway, hope everything works out or all. Ask his brother to post how he's doing! I'm sure many would like to know, including me.
I know you are the type to want to see good in people Gio.... but I think the time has come to stop believing the 'fall story'!
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

After numerous messages back and forth with Lebron623. He tells me he can provide medical bills and everything if I do not believe him. He said he will leave the BCF community, so that I just don't tarnish his brothers name.

At the same time numerous questions arose.

Why did he tell me it was numbered 17/99 when it was 87/99? Why did he tell me it was not damaged when it clearly was? Why did he tell me a different address then the one I had found?

How was my_onni able to make a thread within hours of his injury?

Lebron623 tells me that the injury has gotten worse, and that he was confused about this whol situation.

I will leave this thread here, because when/if my_onni returns I do not think it will be for months if not a year or two, and if he does come back I will be his supporter and make sure everything is straightened out, but until then I am happy this is over with.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Hi I just want to come clean.....

I panicked because I didn't realize that rookiefan15 is the one my brother has been transacting with the Durant.

My brother is still in the hospital and the fall was all true and such...We are all paying hospital bills now.

It is now upto 22k and getting more as each day he is in the hospital.

My brother was telling me the last days when he was ok that he believes he is being scammed by a member for he bought a Durant and was told it was shipped but 3 weeks later it still wasn't shipped.

So I filed way back october 1 to protect the money. The card came later when the transaction was already reversed. We are so desperate in paying bills right now...

I made a mistake and it is all my fault. I destroyed my brother's name in these forums...

I'll stay out of Blowout and I dont think my brother will ever come online for his situation really got worse. I do apologize to everyone and I do apologize for destroying my brother's rep here too...

I returned the payment and added money for the trouble..I do apologize.

But please still pray for him...it got to the point that it really is worse now..I am the one who should perish and suffer and take the blame for all this.

I'm sorry
Lebron623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

brother thing story seems fishy!

and OP should remember this person refuse to admit it's the same card before this thread posted.
T3sT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

Fund medical bills by buying more kobe autos ? Hmm
Old 10-24-2012, 02:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

One last thing I want to mention. Early on in my conversation with Lebron623 I asked him the following:

Do you happen to have any connection to a member on here that goes by my_onni?

His response was:

The injured dude thread? I've seen his threads...i feel bad for him... Oh wait i just realized the guy owes you $400 if im not mistaken...yeah rookie... The one on the thread too...sorry to hear about it man...i hope it all works out eventually...

I can see ur concern now....dont worry i understand and send you both the numbering by this weekend... Or ill try in the office as well

Do what you will with this information, but thankfully this is all over.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:46 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
I know you are the type to want to see good in people Gio.... but I think the time has come to stop believing the 'fall story'!
This doesn't affect me either way.... but I would love to know more. When it's something that serious that could have happened to someone, I tend to believe it first and ask questions later. Heck, for the person's sake, I would hope it's a lie hahaha. But seriously though, I would love for him to come back online for A) see that he's ok, and B) hear his side of the story.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
After numerous messages back and forth with Lebron623. He tells me he can provide medical bills and everything if I do not believe him. He said he will leave the BCF community, so that I just don't tarnish his brothers name.

At the same time numerous questions arose.

Why did he tell me it was numbered 17/99 when it was 87/99? Why did he tell me it was not damaged when it clearly was? Why did he tell me a different address then the one I had found?

How was my_onni able to make a thread within hours of his injury?

Lebron623 tells me that the injury has gotten worse, and that he was confused about this whol situation.

I will leave this thread here, because when/if my_onni returns I do not think it will be for months if not a year or two, and if he does come back I will be his supporter and make sure everything is straightened out, but until then I am happy this is over with.
I believe there is some shady business going on.

just doesn't add up. Definitely leave the thread, the guy (or brothers if he has a brother) seem like scammers, injury or not. Like you said, he lied too many times to be decent and pretty much HAD to refund your money, because internet people do crazy things to mess with people
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

I made a real worse thing and I apologize....You can keep the thread if you want...I made a mistake.. I took over the cards that he received right after accident so I used the cards that still came as my bucket to do deals and get money. I made my own account for I cant open his account on Blowout because I dont know his password...

but please still pray for him.....I doubt you will believe this for I already screwed up but please still do for he really needs it....

This will be my last post on blowout and I am truly sorry for what I did and tarnishing my brothers name. I don't really think his name is important right now even for I doubt he will be using his account in the near future. Im sorry.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #24 (permalink)

Just ban this guy and his fake brother already, OP good work sorry you had to deal with trash like this.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3sT View Post
brother thing story seems fishy!

and OP should remember this person refuse to admit it's the same card before this thread posted.

I panicked that I made a mistake because I didnt notice that this was the member that my brother was telling me about before about a durant that he paid for and 3 weeks in still hasnt been shipped.