Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #151 (permalink)

pretty sure you can't gamble or place bets or take bets, you can certainly discuss it
Old 10-31-2012, 08:59 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio47 View Post
I am a professional handicapper (not going to mention my website as I assume that's against the rules) and thought I'd share my play with everyone for free tonight. I was the most followed online handicapper in the NBA with 1.7 million views on my thread in 1 year on the biggest sports betting forum. I am not saying this to brag but rather so you know that I am not some degenerate who puts up squre/unthought out plays.

San Antonio Spurs -4 1st Half

I am going to be playing the San Antonio Spurs in the 1st half against the New Orleans Hornets. First off, this line in itself is very telling. The game line is -6.5 which ALWAYS equates to a 1st half line of -3.5 yet the books are bumping this up to -4. I think that's a tipping of their cap off that bat.

I am mainly playing this based on the chemistry of the two teams. The Spurs have the same exact team coming back this season except I think they will be better due to their young players growing and improving after their first full playing season. I think you will see Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green make an even bigger impact this season than they did last year. Both now have a year of starting under their belt. Tim Duncan looked great in preseason averaging 12.5ppg and shooting 55.4% from the field in 6 games. The Spurs acquired Boris Diaw late last year at the end of the season and he was a very effective player that should be even better now with a full training camp. Tony Parker is still Tony Parker. The bench with Gary Neal, Stephen Jackson, Tiago Splitter and Matt Bonner is still all intact and will be very effective again with the built up chemistry. They still have the best coach in the NBA in my mind in Greg Popovich and the Spurs should be rock solid as always again. Teams like the Spurs really play well early in the season because they don't have to make any adjustments to play to 100% efficiency, they know exactly how they need to play to win games.

The New Orleans Hornets on the other hand have a completely new, young team. It will most definitely take them a while to build up the chemistry to compete with teams like the Spurs, probably more than a full season. The Hornets have a new PG in Grevis Vasquez. He honestly isn't very good and is not of starting PG caliber but the Hornets have no one else. Erc Gordon is their SG and he is a great player but he is injured tonight. He probably won't play and if he does it will be in a bench role where I don't expect him to make a big impact. They added Austin Rivers in the draft who I think will be starting at SG. He is a very streaky player and I think it will take him a while to start being efficient, think Jimmer Fredetter last season. They have a new full time starting SF in Al-Farouq Aminu, again this is another guy who has not shown me he is good enough to start in the NBA. He averaged 5ppg, 4.7 rebounds. They added Anthony Davis, #1 overall pick, as their starting PF. He is still extremely young at 19 and very raw. His offensive game needs a ton of work but he will do some good things on defense in terms of blocking shots. I think bigger guys like Duncan will have the upper hand though with him in his 1st season. They also have a new Center in Robin Lopez. I have never liked him and I know for a fact he shouldn't be starting. All in all, they will have 5 completely new starters playing together. They will have zero chemistry and most of these guys really aren't even close to starter quality. The only effective bench piece they have is Ryan Anderson, other than him I don't really see anyone who will make an impact on offense or defense. Guys like Xavier Henry, Darius Miller, Brian Roberts, Lance Thomas and Hakim Warrick are all borderline D-League players who only made the team because the Hornets are so bad to begin with. Most would have been cut on other teams.

Another factor I see in this game will be the nerves of the young Hornets. I think this team will come out very hesitant and nervous in their 1st game. For the 1st time this team actually has some sort of positive expectations and I think they will feel the pressure. This cast of Spurs players has played in a ton of big Playoffs/Finals game and a opening game in New Orleans is nothing that will rattle them. They should be much more loose than their opponent tonight.

I think the big advantage the Spurs will have will be on offense. They will be running the high pick and roll offense as usual and they will pick apart this Hornets defense that is sure to have a ton of holes tonight with all the new additions. On offense, I think the Hornets will struggle due to lack of good shooters. The Spurs bait teams into taking long shots and Rivers, Vasquez, Aminu and Lopez are far from knockdown shooters. The only guy the Spurs will have to worry about in that regard is Ryan Anderson. He is the one guy I do believe will have a good game for New Orleans but I don't really see anyone else. Tony Parker should have his way with Vasquez and Duncan should have the upperhand on Davis. Kawhi Leonard should also have a big game matched up with Aminu. I think the Spurs will probably be up by around 7-10 points.
FRAUD, go away, I knew you were a clown
Old 10-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #153 (permalink)
Banned

LOL @ spurs.

Det
Det ov 500
EricInCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricefan77 View Post
FRAUD, go away, I knew you were a clown
Lol, you can't break balls after one pick. Lets see how he does over time.

I know if I had 3k on the spurs moneyline I might be feeling a bit nervous. Baskets are crazy and the spurs can out score them by 20 in the second half. I'll be interested to see the hedge bets being place if there are any.
jt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricInCT View Post
LOL @ spurs.

Det
Det ov 500
I assume those are 2nd half picks. Do you have lines? Just trying to follow along
Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt16 View Post

I know if I had 3k on the spurs moneyline I might be feeling a bit nervous. Baskets are crazy and the spurs can out score them by 20 in the second half. I'll be interested to see the hedge bets being place if there are any.
originally when he posted this i questioned it because it was riddled with opinions, just read it. he said it was based on stats but didn't want to go into all the details so he gave us a breakdown. Anthony Davis looked real nervous, and he never really liked Robin Lopez etc. What is all that? that's not how a handicapper talks. I just knew he was full of it. He may be a knowledgable sports fan, he's just not a handicapper, he doesn't hit 58% of anything, maybe his free throws in the over 40 coed league.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
pretty sure you can't gamble or place bets or take bets, you can certainly discuss it
So what was the warning for from the moderator?
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
originally when he posted this i questioned it because it was riddled with opinions, just read it. he said it was based on stats but didn't want to go into all the details so he gave us a breakdown. Anthony Davis looked real nervous, and he never really liked Robin Lopez etc. What is all that? that's not how a handicapper talks. I just knew he was full of it. He may be a knowledgable sports fan, he's just not a handicapper, he doesn't hit 58% of anything, maybe his free throws in the over 40 coed league.
I 100% agree, but if somebody wants to post there picks I feel bad trashing them when they lose. We all will lose eventually. The best handicappers I know can take the emotional aspect out of the equation and the stay the course. I can't trash him after one play but there is no need to write a 3 paragraph report on a play. Most people that do that add thier opinion and it is 100% one sided to the team they are betting.

Every pick has pros and cons. Your job as a bettor is to see both and make a wise decision.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
I 100% agree, but if somebody wants to post there picks I feel bad trashing them when they lose. We all will lose eventually. The best handicappers I know can take the emotional aspect out of the equation and the stay the course. I can't trash him after one play but there is no need to write a 3 paragraph report on a play. Most people that do that add thier opinion and it is 100% one sided to the team they are betting.

Every pick has pros and cons. Your job as a bettor is to see both and make a wise decision.
i agree with what you are saying, but he presented himself as something more than a guy making picks. if not for that i wouldn't care. everyone wins and loses.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
So what was the warning for from the moderator?
don't know, maybe someone was trying to sell a pick or take a bet or something.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #161 (permalink)
Banned

dumping another 1k on the spurs -5.5, if they lose they lose.

also 1k on under 93.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #162 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

One thing I never do is rag on someone, especially if they say they bet a lot of money. I know what it is like to hand someone $10K and I do not wish that on ANYONE, ever.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #163 (permalink)
Banned

sorry got caught up:

chic
chic und

2nd half.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #164 (permalink)
Banned

Nice to know that Denver is a bigger fraud than even the lakers.

I might hammer the lakers later.

DirecTv folk get the all the games for free 1st nba week.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #165 (permalink)

well, didn't take long at all for this thread to turn into a complete joke. eric at it again betting thousands and thousands on every game on the board and his famous half time hedge plays on almost every game....................sure ok.

did you guys realize you're lucky enough to have a baller millionaire super handicapping bettor posting his famous plays on a sports card message board, lmfao. keep it real buddy.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:40 PM   #166 (permalink)

tor lost but covered and the Spurs decided to put one of those runs together they are famous for, I have seen that a lot from them in the 2nd halves of games that is why the 1st half play didn't appeal to me. It is like they need to smacked around a little before they decide to fight back.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #167 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
well, didn't take long at all for this thread to turn into a complete joke. eric at it again betting thousands and thousands on every game on the board and his famous half time hedge plays on almost every game....................sure ok.

did you guys realize you're lucky enough to have a baller millionaire super handicapping bettor posting his famous plays on a sports card message board, lmfao. keep it real buddy.
Or $100 on each play like I said yesterday
just a few choice plays with a bit more.

Wish I could see your point to comment, you never make any plays and add absolutely zero to the conversation.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #168 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
tor lost but covered and the Spurs decided to put one of those runs together they are famous for, I have seen that a lot from them in the 2nd halves of games that is why the 1st half play didn't appeal to me. It is like they need to smacked around a little before they decide to fight back.
I was skiddish myself about that 1st half line....took a chance and got burned.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
I was skiddish myself about that 1st half line....took a chance and got burned.
It happens, I like to see a few plays come in before I start to follow.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #170 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
It happens, I like to see a few plays come in before I start to follow.
I am getting screwed every which way tonight, might have to stick with the pigskin.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
I am getting screwed every which way tonight, might have to stick with the pigskin.
Well you went balls to the wall on the 2nd night of games...nba is a grind. Slow and steady wins the race.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #172 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well you went balls to the wall on the 2nd night of games...nba is a grind. Slow and steady wins the race.
Yup......tor outscored by 10 in the 4th to lose by 2 and I took the ML, Det outscored by 20 in the 4th to lose by 10, denver being a complete offensive joke, etc, etc.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #173 (permalink)

Huge 3 by parker
Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Huge 3 by parker
Yeah it was, I just don't want OT.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #175 (permalink)
Banned

ok, one thing went correct tonight, that is a relief, especially laying 3 to 1.

next:

Utah und 98.5
Utah -6

500 on each, hedging here since I have ML and dal +