Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #276 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
I am not sure of how old you are because you may have been immune to what qas really going on then but many sports radio shows and other articles were written about how the NBA needed a different "Flavor" for the MVP much like how Jordan did not win 6-8 MVP's himself. Back in the day this was discussed at nauseaum.
I am 41...I recall none of this.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #277 (permalink)

Are you familar with ESPN or Bill Simmons?

ESPN.com: Page 2 : Nash wins, no matter what color

I didn't make this up.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #278 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cades View Post
I wish rondo had a much better shooting % than 52%, which btw, second among pg's behind teague by .3%

so terrible

ps rondo's career shooting % is 1% under nash, parker and lawson, not a huge difference
Not trying to start an argument or anything, but if you watched these player play, you'd know the difference.

Rondo is basically given a wide open jump shot throughout the game. He normally doesn't shoot much unless he's right at the basket, hence the high field goal percentage. Do you think Shaq was a better shooter than Nash? Similar situation in that most of Rondo's attempts come close to the basket.

Rondo has learned and is smart enough to know his range so he doesn't take a lot of shots he knows he can't make, so he certainly gets credit for being smart enough to know he's not a good shooter, if that makes sense
Old 11-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #279 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
A PG is supposed to be a distributor. Do you not understand the NBA Game? The 2 Guard is the SHOOTING guard. Point Guard is supposed to spread the ball around SF is usuly the most versite player. PF is just that, a power player and the Center should be a good rebounder and have a faiy good back to the basket game. Are you Dense?
So point guards are only suppose to pass? That's great. Lol.

When talking about the overall complete Player someone is we should only look at them in terms of there position. And I am dense?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #280 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post

When talking about the overall complete Player someone is we should only look at them in terms of there position. And I am dense?
That's why Asik is as good as Rondo, right? All Asik is supposed to do is rebound and he does a great job of it. Such an amazing player! ha
Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #281 (permalink)

Quote:

So based on your logic we should forget positions and compare someone like Nash to Shaq? Why doesn't Shaq pass as well as Nash, or Rondo? Because that is not his job!!!

What you are typing/saying is illogical. Each position has a defined set of skills needed. PG's are supposed to be the main distributor. End of story. There are exceptikns like Lebron or Magic that were exceptional in many ways but those types of players are few and far between and neither NAsh nor Rondo fit into that category. If you can't agree then you are just arguing to argue and therefore I am done with you.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #282 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
So based on your logic we should forget positions and compare someone like Nash to Shaq? Why doesn't Shaq pass as well as Nash, or Rondo? Because that is not his job!!!

What you are typing/saying is illogical. Each position has a defined set of what is skills needed. PG's are supposed to be the main distributor. End of story. There are exceptikns like Lebron or Magic that were exceptional in many ways but those types of players are few and far between and neither NAsh nor Rondo fit into that category. If you can't agree then you are just arguing to argue and therefore I am done with you.
When comparing a players complete game you have to do exactly that. You look at all aspects of the game.

Of course you don't compare a pg rebounding to a c. That's common sense that you seem to be lacking. But you can compare a pg rebounding to another pg or guard.

Like I said go learn how to understand the game.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #283 (permalink)

Quote:
When comparing a players complete game you have to do exactly that. You look at all aspects of the game.

Of course you don't compare a pg rebounding to a c. That's common sense that you seem to be lacking. But you can compare a pg rebounding to another pg or guard.

Like I said go learn how to understand the game.
I have watched the game and played the game for nearly 30 years. i am well versed in basketball.

So based on your "superior" logic you probably have Steve Francis and Stepon Marbury ahead of Rondo, right? That fits your logic well.

The word Moron suits you and your argument very well.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #284 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I have watched the game and played the game for nearly 30 years. i am well versed in basketball.

So based on your "superior" logic you probably have Steve Francis and Stepon Marbury ahead of Rondo, right? That fits your logic well.

The word Moron suits you and your argument very well.
Why would I have Marbury and Francis ahead of rondo?

So we should just analyze a player by how well they do the one thing their position should do?

Pg should just pass
Sg just shoot - move over Jordan ray Allen is best ago ever!
Sf just defend
Pf just be powerful.
And c just dunk.

Lol you wasted 30 years then on something that isn't basketball.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #285 (permalink)

Quote:
Why would I have Marbury and Francis ahead of rondo?

So we should just analyze a player by how well they do the one thing their position should do?

Pg should just pass
Sg just shoot - move over Jordan ray Allen is best ago ever!
Sf just defend
Pf just be powerful.
And c just dunk.

Lol you wasted 30 years then on something that isn't basketball.
Based on your logic of "Scoring", which is what you keep bring up.

Also, after 12 pages of posts have you wondered why NO ONE has agreed with you yet? Just an observation on my part but you seem to the the Lone Ranger with your thought process here. Let that sink in for a moment.

Another thing I noticed is your quote of move over Jordan for Ray Allen. Who ever said that 3 pointers made you the best shooter? Looks like you have a lot to learn.

Last edited by realreodeal; 11-18-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #286 (permalink)

I dunno why you are guys are even bothering arguing with him, he is going to keep trashing Rondo in every thread, even threads that dont involve Rondo and then just put in "hahaha" after to throw even more arrogance in his trolling.

Even when he's "defending" Rondo it still turns into a "What Rondo doesnt do" conversation, its trolling and insane how obnoxious a simple "Look at what he is doing for X amount of games" thread has turned into "HEY LOOK AT ME I THINK RONDO SUCKS AND I NEED TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS ALL THE TIME HAHA"

Anyways, he looks good tonight. Celtics need to win these games.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #287 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
I dunno why you are guys are even bothering arguing with him, he is going to keep trashing Rondo in every thread, even threads that dont involve Rondo and then just put in "hahaha" after to throw even more arrogance in his trolling.

Even when he's "defending" Rondo it still turns into a "What Rondo doesnt do" conversation, its trolling and insane how obnoxious a simple "Look at what he is doing for X amount of games" thread has turned into "HEY LOOK AT ME I THINK RONDO SUCKS AND I NEED TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS ALL THE TIME HAHA"

I agree with your first assertion but the Celtics need to lose this game. Hahaha. Big Pistons fan here and unlike some people I like them when they are good And when they are not.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #288 (permalink)

rondo accounted for 16 of the celtics first 24 points 7 points, 4 assists (one that led to a 3) off to a great start!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #289 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Based on your logic of "Scoring", which is what you keep bring up.

Also, after 12 pages of posts have you wondered why NO ONE has agreed with you yet? Just an observation on my part but you seem to the the Lone Ranger with your thought process here. Let that sink in for a moment.

Another thing I noticed is your quote of move over Jordan for Ray Allen. Who ever said that 3 pointers made you the best shooter? Looks like you have a lot to learn.
No ones agreed with me? Actually you and your looney toon stat analysis already has some else besides me calling you out.

I never said a pg had to best an elite scorer I stated that rondos lack of offensive reliability is a major flaw in his game.

And yes ray Allen can only shoot threes. Lol if you think that.

Your use of stats is amateurish at best. Come back when you actually understand the game.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #290 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post

Yes because I have never said that. At least quote something I actually say if you are going to try and quote me.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #291 (permalink)

I don't get angry at ignorance. You seem to have nothing logical to say. You keep bringing up intangibles when you don't have a respectable response to a logical thought out post. I am truly done with this conversation. Also I don't see anyone that called me out except for the "race" issue I brought up which I backed up immediately and never got a response back from that person.

Good luck living life thru Rose or should I say Nash Colored Glasses. But then again that saying probably went over your head too.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #292 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Not trying to start an argument or anything, but if you watched these player play, you'd know the difference.

Rondo is basically given a wide open jump shot throughout the game. He normally doesn't shoot much unless he's right at the basket, hence the high field goal percentage. Do you think Shaq was a better shooter than Nash? Similar situation in that most of Rondo's attempts come close to the basket.

Rondo has learned and is smart enough to know his range so he doesn't take a lot of shots he knows he can't make, so he certainly gets credit for being smart enough to know he's not a good shooter, if that makes sense
I know exactly what type of player rondo is and what the difference is, nor did I ever say rondo was a better shooter then nash.

But if nash misses 2 jump shots and rondo misses 2 jump shots, does it really matter? In the end, what is the difference?

Or if nash makes 2 jump shots and rondo makes 2 layups, again in the end, what is the result?

I am sure nash has made his fair share of boneheaded plays throughout the years, nor do I think he shoots everytime he is wide open, either.

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #293 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I know exactly what type of player rondo is and what the difference is, nor did I ever say rondo was a better shooter then nash.

But if nash misses 2 jump shots and rondo misses 2 jump shots, does it really matter? In the end, what is the difference?

Or if nash makes 2 jump shots and rondo makes 2 layups, again in the end, what is the result?

I am sure nash has made his fair share of boneheaded plays throughout the years, nor do I think he shoots everytime he is wide open, either.
But people don't leave Nash wide open to shoot. People leave rondo open as a strategy to stop the celtics and when he's wide open and misses that can cost the team a loss.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #294 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I don't get angry at ignorance. You seem to have nothing logical to say. You keep bringing up intangibles when you don't have a respectable response to a logical thought out post. I am truly done with this conversation. Also I don't see anyone that called me out except for the "race" issue I brought up which I backed up immediately and never got a response back from that person.

Good luck living life thru Rose or should I say Nash Colored Glasses. But then again that saying probably went over your head too.
What does that have to do with anything.

So what do you think rondo is the greater point guard ever because he can pass an that's what a point guard is suppose to do? Lol

So trying to analyze a players complete game is bringing up intangibles? Seriously who are you? You don't make any sense. You aren't even arguing for anything.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #295 (permalink)

How does ignore work? Please someone enlighten me. I can't stand incompetent and illogical people, and I use the term people loosely.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #296 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
How does ignore work? Please someone enlighten me. I can't stand incompetent and illogical people, and I use the term people loosely.
Who can't answer a logical question. Where do you rank rondo?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #297 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

All I'm saying is that Rondo's field goal percentage being above 50% does not necessarily mean he is automatically a good shooter. You have to look beyond that stuff.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #298 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Wow a 300 post thread on a very talented and very whiney basketball player who is about 2/3's towards a record.

WOW

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
Old 11-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #299 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
All I'm saying is that Rondo's field goal percentage being above 50% does not necessarily mean he is automatically a good shooter. You have to look beyond that stuff.
And all I am saying is he makes just about 1 shot for every 2 he takes, which can't be said for more then alot of people in the league, who cares if it is from 18 feet or 1 foot, end result is usually the same.

Everyone know's he is an avg/below avg jump shooter, (which he has been improving on since coming into the league)

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #300 (permalink)

DUDE! Murrke03 SHUT UP! I keep asking you nicely over and over again man. Just drop it and just let us talk about the streak. You ruin every thread about Rondo. Let people be fans ha

-Brandon

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) I am the proud 3 time recipient of Blowout's Jester of the Year Award (Funniest Member of the Year) - 2011, 2012, 2013
Closed Thread