Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #326 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 2,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Like I said this is officially a joke streak if doc leaves him in.

The pistons should just foul him on purpose. What a joke
Not exactly the first streak that a player has been left in on to keep alive/surpass.
__________________
http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n93/Cadesnh/

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #327 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,975
Default

There's number 10
Quigley24 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #328 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
Rajon Rondo got his 10 assists tonight against the Pistons! He nearly gave me a heart attack haha!

34 games straight now!

I'll see you guys next game. 11/21 against the Spurs!

-Brandon
he will likely set the all time record so long as Boston remains more concerned about his record than winning games!
1eyed_jack is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #329 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

LOL

this streak is the biggest joke out there. wow. anyone that tries to use this as proof of rondo being a 'great' pg is also a joke.

lol to being right!
murrke03 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #330 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
he will likely set the all time record so long as Boston remains more concerned about his record than winning games!
hahahahhahahhahahahahhahahhahahahaha
murrke03 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #331 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cades View Post
Not exactly the first streak that a player has been left in on to keep alive/surpass.
and that is why streaks like this are a 'joke' like i've been saying and yet everyone got on me.

seems like i am right glad others see it too.

so no i am not the crazy one in this thread
murrke03 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #332 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

he also had 6 turnovers tonight, so i'm guessing he was pressing pretty hard to get those dimes!
1eyed_jack is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #333 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
he also had 6 turnovers tonight, so i'm guessing he was pressing pretty hard to get those dimes!
all the evidence points too....


not the greatness of rajon rondo! haha
murrke03 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #334 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,343
Default

Please mods....lock this thread...my god.

Cesspool is the only word I can think of to describe this place....

Why can't we just ENJOY. THE. SPORT. OF. BASKETBALL???????

For the love of Christ...stop nitpicking each other and arguing over this and that!!! IT'S JUST A FREAKING GAME!!!
BostonNut is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #335 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
and that is why streaks like this are a 'joke' like i've been saying and yet everyone got on me.

seems like i am right glad others see it too.

so no i am not the crazy one in this thread
It is already a bit shady when a record has to have 'condition'. Like - regular season games only, etc
drob50 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #336 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,208
Default

The streak continues as does the trolling. Lol.
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #337 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Not every streak is a joke, some are very impressive.

Question for Celtics fan. People in the media, and fans absolutely crushed that player that tried missing a shot on purpose to get a triple double. They laughed at Javale McGee when he shot every time at the end of a blowout to get his 10 points and triple double.

How is Rondo getting 4 assists in the last 5 minutes of a blowout any different than that?
1eyed_jack is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #338 (permalink)
Member
 
brandonlec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
It is already a bit shady when a record has to have 'condition'. Like - regular season games only, etc
It's not a condition ha. In every sport post season play is seperate from regular season. It's simple ha

-Brandon
__________________
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/brandonlec/

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) My COMC store is 25% off Auto-Accept!
Do us all a favor and stop being a stuck-up half-witted scruffy-sounding nerd homer!
brandonlec is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #339 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
It is already a bit shady when a record has to have 'condition'. Like - regular season games only, etc
haha but as fans we shouldn't actually understand what the stat is we should just read a number.

right? haha
murrke03 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #340 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
The streak continues as does the trolling. Lol.
if thats called continuing...

what celtics fans believe in... haha

keep the streak and keep losing games
murrke03 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #341 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
It is already a bit shady when a record has to have 'condition'. Like - regular season games only, etc
....... all streaks have that condition. Cal Ripken, Joe Dimmagio, Garret Wittles etc.

Its just how it is, not just to placate to this streak
IamRalpho is online now  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #342 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Not every streak is a joke, some are very impressive.

Question for Celtics fan. People in the media, and fans absolutely crushed that player that tried missing a shot on purpose to get a triple double. They laughed at Javale McGee when he shot every time at the end of a blowout to get his 10 points and triple double.

How is Rondo getting 4 assists in the last 5 minutes of a blowout any different than that?

This is an honest question for Celtics fans.
1eyed_jack is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #343 (permalink)
Member
 
gamboooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 4,164
Default

Mouth breathers out in full force I see.
gamboooler is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #344 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
....... all streaks have that condition. Cal Ripken, Joe Dimmagio, Garret Wittles etc.

Its just how it is, not just to placate to this streak

Yeah, I know. I didn't meant to imply that this 'condition' is exclusive to Rondo, it is more of a general comment about how statisticians use them to suit their point. I remember during the finals, they were saying that Lebron is the first person ever to score 34pts 5ast 5reb twice in a finals series or something like that. How the hell is 34pts able to be used as a milestone? Lol
drob50 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #345 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
This is an honest question for Celtics fans.
can i answer? pa pa please?
murrke03 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #346 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
Yeah, I know. I didn't meant to imply that this 'condition' is exclusive to Rondo, it is more of a general comment about how statisticians use them to suit their point. I remember during the finals, they were saying that Lebron is the first person ever to score 34pts 5ast 5reb twice in a finals series or something like that. How the hell is 34pts able to be used as a milestone? Lol
haha true. once again no one understands statistics...

but hey at least they didn't leave lebron in a twenty point blowout to get point 34! haha
murrke03 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #347 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
This is an honest question for Celtics fans.
Comparing getting a triple double in ONE game to this streak........priceless.
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #348 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,774
Default

Even though I hate this thread and know full well all murkke is doing is trolling because he hates Rondo, I will answer.

I did not watch the game, but from the looks of it, Doc did keep Rondo in for the streak. Now are we going to blame Rondo or Doc for it? Maybe it was Doc's call and the vitriol towards Rondo isnt deserved? Regardless, I dont care. I dont even care about the streak really.

The streak is something fun to watch and root for, thats it. But I am sure Magic and Stockton had some shady games too, no one knows for sure. Who knows what Riley or Sloan did for them. People in this thread do not know.

I laugh at the comments about the Celtics concerned about winning and blah blah blah or whatever, its November 18th. Who the F cares what the record is or if they lose a back to back right now, its SO early and the team isnt even what it is going to be.

Yay for the streak, but honestly who cares. Rondo is an amazing point guard streak or not and the Celtics are going to be in for a rough stretch until everyone is healthy and they are all on the same page.

Continue your Rondo hate, racist talks and just plain nonsense.
IamRalpho is online now  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #349 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Comparing getting a triple double in ONE game to this streak........priceless.
Homer goggles on folks.

This streak is a joke now. Take of the goggles and tell the team to focus on winning games.

lol
murrke03 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #350 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,208
Default

Surprised he is able to do this without Ray Allen.
__________________
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach
pac213up is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.