Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #76 (permalink)

Super troll can't keep his mouth shut and continues to sound like a complete idiot. Fun to observe.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
you DO realize that when nash played in dallas, he played with michael finley and dirk nowitzki, and that when he went to phoenix, his starting 5 included amare, joe johnson, and shawn marion... all all-stars. it's because of that talent around nash that he became a 2-time MVP, not because of his scoring

but yes, let's just continue to say over and over and over and over and over etccccccccc again that rondo is overrated; it's cuz of his HOF teammates; his stats are skewed, blah blah blah

quote me on this right now: rondo will finish in the top 5 for MVP voting THIS SEASON. and it'll be just as annoying then as it is now to hear you discredit him
first, while on the mavs finley and dirk were no where near the talent level of garnett, allen, and pierce.

second, while on the suns joe johnson wasn't near the player he has become - and as for the suns nash WAS a 2-time MVP. Hmmm that kind of was my point. Put Nash with good players (still no where near garnett, pierce, allen) and he becomes 2-time mvp. Another thing is what happened when nash was all alone. His assists numbers were still high and he almost took a crappy team to the playoffs multiple times. But thats a different story.

Rondo was highly overrated. People crowned him 5 years ago as a great pg. At that time he was really only getting large assist numbers. Like I said assists are the most skewed stat in the game.

I'll admit it that at present Rondo has started to prove he is actually a top 5 pg. But that doesn't mean he hasn't been overrated or still is at times.

So you don't think assist numbers are skewed? And playing with 3 greats wasn't beneficial? Really?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #78 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
LOL, I failed alright, you caught me Nice try bud, that doesn't work. I put you on my ignore list so I don' have to see the ignorant crap you post all the time, I can click "View Post" all I want. I can also respond if I want.
And Rebounds, Points, Blocks, and Steals are all skewed as well right?
Rondo is underrated, not over. If you actually watch Rondo play every night you'd know that.
Uh. Then why am I on ignore if you are just going to view my posts and respond to them.

That is failing. sorry.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #79 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Super troll can't keep his mouth shut and continues to sound like a complete idiot. Fun to observe.
really? since you are the one that agreed with me that he was overrated a couple years ago.

i'm sorry should i just agree that rondo is the greatest pg ever

lol
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
really? since you are the one that agreed with me that he was overrated a couple years ago.

i'm sorry should i just agree that rondo is the greatest pg ever

lol
Who is rating him as the greatest PG ever?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Who is rating him as the greatest PG ever?
I was being a little sarcastic but people act like it. There's been plenty of people saying he is the best pg in the league. That nonsense has been going on for like 5 years.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Uh. Then why am I on ignore if you are just going to view my posts and respond to them.

That is failing. sorry.
Please explain what I am failing at? I don't look at all your post, only if you comment after me since I know you most likely will make a comment towards me, I can also see your comments when others quote you. Nice try bud
Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Please explain what I am failing at? I don't look at all your post, only if you comment after me since I know you most likely will make a comment towards me, I can also see your comments when others quote you. Nice try bud
You boast about adding me to your ignore list, say you no longer have to deal with me. You put it in big red letters in your signature. Yet you still read my comments and reply to them.

LOL
Old 11-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
first, while on the mavs finley and dirk were no where near the talent level of garnett, allen, and pierce.
In the 6 seasons that Michael Finley was a teammate with Steve Nash he was a two time All Star and averaged over 20 PPG. Dirk was a 3 time All Star in those same 6 years and also averaged over 20 PPG and thats including his rookie year where he only averaged 8.2.

Those Phoenix teams were stacked too. He only played with Joe Johnson for 1 year but JJ averaged 17 a game that year. Amare was a 20-25 point game guy, Barbosa averaged over 15 every year he was on the Suns except 1. Jason Richardson was on that team scoring 15 a game and Marion was there. Shaq had the last couple good years of his career there as well.

The talent that Nash played with is probably right on par or better with who Rondo has on the C's.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #85 (permalink)

Rondo played with 1 other All-Star last year when the streak started.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC80_LCM View Post
In the 6 seasons that Michael Finley was a teammate with Steve Nash he was a two time All Star and averaged over 20 PPG. Dirk was a 3 time All Star in those same 6 years and also averaged over 20 PPG and thats including his rookie year where he only averaged 8.2.

Those Phoenix teams were stacked too. He only played with Joe Johnson for 1 year but JJ averaged 17 a game that year. Amare was a 20-25 point game guy, Barbosa averaged over 15 every year he was on the Suns except 1. Jason Richardson was on that team scoring 15 a game and Marion was there. Shaq had the last couple good years of his career there as well.

The talent that Nash played with is probably right on par or better with who Rondo has on the C's.
The answer to this is simple. No.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #87 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Rondo played with 1 other All-Star last year when the streak started.
i never said anything about 'all-star'. stop trying to get all technical. it doesn't apply.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #88 (permalink)

Rondo is the best, if not one of the best PG in the league. Just face the facts Murrke.
Here this is for you Murrke:

And if that doesn't work here's this:

Hope that helps you out!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

Way to ignore what I said. Add that to your big bold red ignore list which you actually don't ignore. Lol

And pac213up. There is one crazy person saying rondo is the best pg in the league. Lol.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
i never said anything about 'all-star'. stop trying to get all technical. it doesn't apply.
says the king of technicalities.

Nash did play with Dirk and Finley in their prime years and also had amazing teammates with the Suns in Amare, Marion, Joe Johnson and Barbosa. If they had played defense they would have won a title but sadly they didnt even come close.

PANINI = CHEAPSKATES: http://youtu.be/rsSq7QqpUto
Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #91 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperboy24 View Post
says the king of technicalities.

Nash did play with Dirk and Finley in their prime years and also had amazing teammates with the Suns in Amare, Marion, Joe Johnson and Barbosa. If they had played defense they would have won a title but sadly they didnt even come close.
Yea barbosa and Marion are the same level as pierce and Garnett and Allen. Do you honestly believe that?

I mean amare Johnson and Finley are really not on the same level.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #92 (permalink)

I have no clue what Murrke said, I am not going to be a failure and view his post. Since if I ever look at any of his posts it makes me a failure
Old 11-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #93 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I have no clue what Murrke said, I am not going to be a failure and view his post. Since if I ever look at any of his posts it makes me a failure
Lol we already know you read what I write. I mean that's why I'm on ignore right?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Yea barbosa and Marion are the same level as pierce and Garnett and Allen. Do you honestly believe that?

I mean amare Johnson and Finley are really not on the same level.
this team was loaded:
2004-05 Phoenix Suns Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

and it was Q rich that was good on that team not barbosa. The starters alone averaged 93 ppg with only one scoring more than 20 ppg... unreal!

also you act like Allen and Garnett were even close to their primes... you must not have watched much basketball in the 90's and early 2000's. And yes I do think Nash had a better supporting cast in 04-05 (Marion, Amare, Johnson, Q rich all in their prime) than Rondo did with the Celtics.

Now all that being said, i dont think Rondo is the best PG in the league. Its CP3, then Rose (uninjured), then Williams, then probably westbrook and then Rondo. Rondo is a great playmaker but not the best PG in the league, not even close imo.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #95 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperboy24 View Post
this team was loaded:
2004-05 Phoenix Suns Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

and it was Q rich that was good on that team not barbosa. The starters alone averaged 93 ppg with only one scoring more than 20 ppg... unreal!

also you act like Allen and Garnett were even close to their primes... you must not have watched much basketball in the 90's and early 2000's. And yes I do think Nash had a better supporting cast in 04-05 (Marion, Amare, Johnson, Q rich all in their prime) than Rondo did with the Celtics.

Now all that being said, i dont think Rondo is the best PG in the league. Its CP3, then Rose (uninjured), then Williams, then probably westbrook and then Rondo. Rondo is a great playmaker but not the best PG in the league, not even close imo.
WOW.

Q Rich? Seriously? Whats funny is that many of these 'stars' Nash played with only succeeded 'star-wise' when they played with Nash. Go look at Q rich, barbosa, marion even, etc after they left the suns system and nash.

Garnett arguably was playing some of his best basketball in his career the year the Celtics won the championship. So to say he wasn't in his 'prime' is not quite true. Pierce was in his 'prime' and Allen was still the greatest shooter to ever play the game and far from washed up.

And you are comparing them to Amare (arguably one of the most overrated players at times), Johnson (who WAS NOT in his prime), Marion (not much more then a good role player), Q Rich (yeah Q Rich enough said).

Comparing the Suns 'stars' to the Celtics HOF's is quite laugable.

That said I basically agree with the bolded part. That is my whole point. Rondo is overrated because so many people think he is the 'best' pg and that he has been for years.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
WOW.

Q Rich? Seriously? Whats funny is that many of these 'stars' Nash played with only succeeded 'star-wise' when they played with Nash. Go look at Q rich, barbosa, marion even, etc after they left the suns system and nash.

Garnett arguably was playing some of his best basketball in his career the year the Celtics won the championship. So to say he wasn't in his 'prime' is not quite true. Pierce was in his 'prime' and Allen was still the greatest shooter to ever play the game and far from washed up.

And you are comparing them to Amare (arguably one of the most overrated players at times), Johnson (who WAS NOT in his prime), Marion (not much more then a good role player), Q Rich (yeah Q Rich enough said).

Comparing the Suns 'stars' to the Celtics HOF's is quite laugable.

That said I basically agree with the bolded part. That is my whole point. Rondo is overrated because so many people think he is the 'best' pg and that he has been for years.
you will argue just for the sake of it, really funny. Q Rich led the league in 3 pt shots that year and was a huge asset. Joe Johnson had his best years post Phoenix Suns and Marion actually created his own shot that year, so dont really know where you try to go with the things you say. Maybe you think if you fire enough bullets one will hit the target.

As for Garnett... uhh wow, best year was with the Celtics? so that must have been from Rondo right according to your mentality. Well, he didnt have his best years with the Celtics and neither did Ray Allen and Pierce was at the 10 year mark in his career. Garnett put up the least amount of PPG, APG, RPG and BPG in over 10 seasons! The numbers dont lie, but of course you will try to find any way to warp something to match what you say.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #97 (permalink)

you are right though that Marion sucked pre Nash, i mean he only averaged 19.2 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.3 apg, 2 spg, 46% fg, 36% 3pt shooting and 84% FT shooting. These horrible numbers were put up from 2000-2004 before Nash ever made one pass to Marion.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #98 (permalink)

That Suns Team was ridiculously good, they just couldn't play a lick of defense. Marion was the only one that even tried. The Celtics won because they were more savy and played "D". Both teams were very good but they were very different too.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
Old 11-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #99 (permalink)
Banned

So you are seriously telling me you think the suns were better then the celtics team?

And that amare, joe Johnson, Marion, and Richardson were better players then Garnett, pierce and Allen?

Wow dude. Wow.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
So you are seriously telling me you think the suns were better then the celtics team?

And that amare, joe Johnson, Marion, and Richardson were better players then Garnett, pierce and Allen?

Wow dude. Wow.
You seem to have a hard time comprehending things.

Defense wins Championships. The Suns were unreal at getting the ball in the hoop, but that only gets you so far. The Celtics were the better TEAM because they knew how to play defense and as I said--->Defense wins Championships.

I know I am a "Homer" but look at the Ben Wallace led Pistons that beat the Hall of Fame LA Lakers or the Spurs Teams that played great "D" and you will see that you can't win without knowing how to defend.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
Closed Thread