Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
A harmless thread that was started to talk about an impressive streak has again, turned into an anti-Rondo tirade and a constant fight over an obviously biased and a habitual pot stirrer.

Of course the person who hates Rondo and hasta make sure everyone knows it whenever you mention him or the Celtics has over 1/3 of the posts in this thread.

What a joke, makes this section unreadable.
i agree with this 100%. the thread was started to recognize Rondo's on-going accomplishment, and yet it just becomes a pointless debate for no good reason. why cant we just keep it focused on the assist streak itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
If anyone cares, Rondo tied Stockon for the 3rd longest streak tonight, even though everyone knows this is a weak streak and any PG or player could do this
true story. rondo is awful(ly underrated)

what's even more impressive when compared to , let's say nash again, is that rondo plays for the celtics, who offense has been one of the slowest and lowest scoring teams the past couple season, whereas nash played in the quickest (leading to more possessions) and highest scoring offensive system for years
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #127 (permalink)
Banned

So wait its okay for people to comment against Lebron or Kobe in an accomplishment thread but no one is allowed to say anything against rondo? Haha okay then.

Rondo is FAR from underrated. That is complete crap.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
\

true story. rondo is awful(ly underrated)

what's even more impressive when compared to , let's say nash again, is that rondo plays for the celtics, who offense has been one of the slowest and lowest scoring teams the past couple season, whereas nash played in the quickest (leading to more possessions) and highest scoring offensive system for years
Rondo is underrated, he is working on a 14 Point, 19 Assist outing tonight
Old 11-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #129 (permalink)

Congrats to Rondo and the Boston Celtics! This is far from an easy accomplishment, and to create that many made baskets consistently is mind boggling. That's a nice individual and team accomplishment.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley24 View Post
Congrats to Rondo and the Boston Celtics! This is far from an easy accomplishment, and to create that many made baskets consistently is mind boggling. That's a nice individual and team accomplishment.
Apparently to some members this is a weak streak
Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Rondo is FAR from underrated. That is complete crap.
YOU underrate him.

complete crap

edit: it's exhausting trying to argue OR reason with you when it comes to rondo & the celtics. at least the rondo/celtic fans will listen to what you have to say and accept/reject it but we'll listen and reason. you're too biased to ever face our facts. you only enjoy your own stats and facts and spins.

Last edited by PackAttack419; 11-09-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #132 (permalink)

I also believe Rondo has the second most career triple doubles among active PG's behind only Jason Kidd. Also Rondo was the first person since Magic to have a 17+ Point, 17+ Assist, and 17+ Rebound game. Rondo IS underrated.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #133 (permalink)

I think the only real flaw with Rondo besides free throws is his often diva like attitude. If he didn't have that, and the misconception that he can't shoot, he'd be in most people's top 3 point guards.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
I think the only real flaw with Rondo besides free throws is his often diva like attitude. If he didn't have that, and the misconception that he can't shoot, he'd be in most people's top 3 point guards.
That's true, but it also depends on how you rank a PG. Is it how much the score? How strong they are on Outside shots/ 3 Point shooting? Assists? etc. I feel that the reason Rondo is underrated is that he doesn't have a strong outside shot. While Williams and Paul both have decent outside game so people tend to think of them as better PG's
Old 11-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #135 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
YOU underrate him.

complete crap

edit: it's exhausting trying to argue OR reason with you when it comes to rondo & the celtics. at least the rondo/celtic fans will listen to what you have to say and accept/reject it but we'll listen and reason. you're too biased to ever face our facts. you only enjoy your own stats and facts and spins.
I underrate him by calling him one if top 5 pg in league?

What do you think he is the best?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #136 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
why do you say that's a misconception?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #137 (permalink)

I hate to say this but if Rondo losing this streak means that Boston can win games, I would take that ANY day! It's an impressive streak but winning games is more important.
Bucket:http://s1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/joceltics34/
Old 11-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #138 (permalink)

I'm going to ask nicely: murrke03 and anyone else looking to just start ship against Rondo and his fans, can you please refrain from posting in this thread.

I want this thread to be used for his streak. That's all.

Thanks.

Also, 20 assists tonight. That puts Rondo's streak at 29 games straight.

-Brandon

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) I am the proud 3 time recipient of Blowout's Jester of the Year Award (Funniest Member of the Year) - 2011, 2012, 2013
Old 11-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
I'm going to ask nicely: murrke03 and anyone else looking to just start ship against Rondo and his fans, can you please refrain from posting in this thread.

I want this thread to be used for his streak. That's all.

Thanks.

Also, 20 assists tonight. That puts Rondo's streak at 29 games straight.

-Brandon
It's so sad that we can't have threads like these on here just because there is one idiot who needs to flap his gums because he doesn't like what the thread is about. AlexCampos and the rest of the Heat gang would be so up in arms if something like this went on in their Daily Heat Thread. Just put them all on ignore like I did until the Heat become irrelevant again. Based on LeBron's hairline it shouldn't take too long!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #140 (permalink)
Banned

Too bad the bucks are gonna win another one tonight against Rondo and his old fossils....
Old 11-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #141 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
It's so sad that we can't have threads like these on here just because there is one idiot who needs to flap his gums because he doesn't like what the thread is about. AlexCampos and the rest of the Heat gang would be so up in arms if something like this went on in their Daily Heat Thread. Just put them all on ignore like I did until the Heat become irrelevant again. Based on LeBron's hairline it shouldn't take too long!
One idiot? Lol

When is the last time you ever actually commented on a topic without trolling.

I'm thinking never.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #142 (permalink)

Wow the Celtics sure got roughed up by the Sixers last night. Wow...what a game. Sixers are going to win it all for sure .

That scrub Rondo only had 20 assists.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #143 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Wow the Celtics sure got roughed up by the Sixers last night. Wow...what a game. Sixers are going to win it all for sure .

That scrub Rondo only had 20 assists.
Why are you calling him a scrub?
Old 11-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #144 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Bingo, that alex guy made a heat thread and asked the non heat fan not to post in it. Maybe I should make an anti heat thread. Also the heat fan do not seem to be the brightest, I can not say for sure but if you mention one of their names you will see four or five posts in a row in which they respond. I can not say for sure but I would be willing to bet if I go back and unblock them they would be responding to what the person said about them. Maybe someone should explain to them how the ignore feature works.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Why are you calling him a scrub?
Because you are incapable of understanding sarcasm....
Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #146 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Bingo, that alex guy made a heat thread and asked the non heat fan not to post in it. Maybe I should make an anti heat thread. Also the heat fan do not seem to be the brightest, I can not say for sure but if you mention one of their names you will see four or five posts in a row in which they respond. I can not say for sure but I would be willing to bet if I go back and unblock them they would be responding to what the person said about them. Maybe someone should explain to them how the ignore feature works.
Lol. Maybe people that boast about putting others in ignore should learn how it's suppose to work.

Evidence is in this thread. Haha
Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Because you are incapable of understanding sarcasm....
Ditto........
Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #148 (permalink)
Banned

Rondo had 10 more assist tonight, the streak continues.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #149 (permalink)

If he got 11 he would have broke the NBA record for consecutive games with 11 in a row. At least they won though

http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc447/TheCelticsFan209
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelticsfan29 View Post
If he got 11 he would have broke the NBA record for consecutive games with 11 in a row. At least they won though

Blah, Bucks played horrible. Especially Ersan and Jennings. That was a BS no call foul though when Ersan went up for that shot in the last minute. Haha though he probably would have choked on the free throws anyways

My Ersan Ilyasova, Luc Mbah a Moute, & Larry Sanders Collection
http://milwbucks.webs.com/
Closed Thread