Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Spencer Hawes BEAST MODE

Just got home from the 76ers game. Spencer Hawes went OFF He was hitting threes and at one point, he had blocked the Nuggets on 3 straight sequences. Next time he got to the line, everyone started sarcastically chanting “MVP”, which had in me in tears laughing.

Was pretty amazing…especially being that it was Hawes, the Sixers token goofy white guy.

PS- The Sixers are an interesting team…anyone else watch the game on here?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Just got home from the 76ers game. Spencer Hawes went OFF He was hitting threes and at one point, he had blocked the Nuggets on 3 straight sequences. Next time he got to the line, everyone started sarcastically chanting “MVP”, which had in me in tears laughing.

Was pretty amazing…especially being that it was Hawes, the Sixers token goofy white guy.

I watched it Normally I don't get to catch the ones that aren't nationally televised or against the Wizards, cause I live in VA and most likely the only 76ers fan around here, but the free NBA league pass is running til Nov. 7th

He really did great, Wright impressed me also. I wish Young wasn't a huge gun though, shot 3-9. I also expected better things from LaVoy Allen, but 3 points, 4 reb. and 1 TO in 17 min .. :/

I do hope to see Maalik Wayns get some more playing time. HUGE steal, going undrafted out of Nova. Super fast PG, looked great in training camp.
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post

Yes watched it, Bynum is the missing link. If he rules the paint those shooters will be open all day. Turner still sucks.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

didnt spencer start the season very well last year? then idk if he was injured or simply dropped off in production
Old 11-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

On opening night, the Sixers will unveil Big Bella, the world’s largest T-shirt launcher that fires 100 tees in just 60 seconds. Big Bella weighs 600 pounds and, when firing T-shirts into the upper reaches of the Wells Fargo Center, can be up to 10 feet high. The team commissioned the creation of Big Bella from FX in Motion, an entertainment elements company out of New Berlin, Wisc.

bout the most interesting thing at 76ers games
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post

On opening night, the Sixers will unveil Big Bella, the world’s largest T-shirt launcher that fires 100 tees in just 60 seconds. Big Bella weighs 600 pounds and, when firing T-shirts into the upper reaches of the Wells Fargo Center, can be up to 10 feet high. The team commissioned the creation of Big Bella from FX in Motion, an entertainment elements company out of New Berlin, Wisc.

bout the most interesting thing at 76ers games
Wow that is impressive.
bigcwd2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

As someone who was there, that thing was REALLY stupid. The side barrels got no power and they all went into like the first section. They did give away A TON of free crap shirts though.