Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What do u guys think about this patch ?

1 1 Scottie Pippen 2012 Leaf Signature Autograph All Star Logo Bulls Patch WOW | eBay
Old 11-01-2012, 12:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

One of the best bull face patch of all time.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Great card. Nice to see Leaf actually put the best patch in the best card unlike some other companies such as Upper Deck and the Adrian Peterson all white with a little yellow Rookie Exquisite 1/1.
Shelden916 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Nice to see Eugene selling that card - one of my favourite sellers.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
Nice to see Eugene selling that card - one of my favourite sellers.
How do you know gene? I've been dealing with him for years.. just saw him last month. I thought a lot of people didn't like him lol
Old 11-01-2012, 05:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've never met him but I've bought a lot of my high-end cards from him and have been very happy with his communication, packaging, speed of postage, condition of cards, etc.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I've never met him but I've bought a lot of my high-end cards from him and have been very happy with his communication, packaging, speed of postage, condition of cards, etc.
he's out of Orlando and is at most of the major national shows. He pops down to my area all the time. The guy I used to work for is a good buddy of his and he's bought a lot of stuff from me as well. I used to own a few of the cards on his site now.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

I always wondered where he got his cards from. He seems to have an endless of supply of great cards, i.e. cards that I'm really interested in such as Bill Russell Exquisite autos, Chronology, etc.

I'm interested to hear why some members dislike him? I didn't know that until I read your post.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Cool patch.

Regarding the seller, he may provide good service but he seems to horrifically overprice his cards and not be willing to budge. He had a card I wanted and had bought several others of. Despite all of those going for $50-100 he would never consider a reasonable offer (even above recent market value, even though I was the only one collecting them). He has had that card for sale for a very long time. I refer to him as a black hole because once he got it, it was seemingly gone forever.
hairyangryfella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Cool patch.

Regarding the seller, he may provide good service but he seems to horrifically overprice his cards and not be willing to budge. He had a card I wanted and had bought several others of. Despite all of those going for $50-100 he would never consider a reasonable offer (even above recent market value, even though I was the only one collecting them). He has had that card for sale for a very long time. I refer to him as a black hole because once he got it, it was seemingly gone forever.
Some of his prices are admittedly high. However, he sometimes accepts reasonable offers. Also, I admire his patience; he'd prefer to wait a year to get the price he wants rather than sell it now for less.

I got my Oscar Robertson UD Black patch from him for a great price. Meanwhile, I also bought three of my Bill Russell Exquisite autos from him and also my Michael Jordan Chronology auto.

He was always very honest about what price he needed. Then it was just up to me to decide whether I wanted to buy the cards or not. Sometimes I accept his counter offers, other times I turn them down. But ultimately, that's up to me. I can't see any reason to dislike him - if the buyer doesn't like his prices, then that's the buyer's problem, not his. He can ask for whatever he wants for his cards. They're his cards, after all.

I like that about him. He's a no nonsense seller and doesn't play games.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Some of his prices are admittedly high. However, he sometimes accepts reasonable offers. Also, I admire his patience; he'd prefer to wait a year to get the price he wants rather than sell it now for less.

I got my Oscar Robertson UD Black patch from him for a great price. Meanwhile, I also bought three of my Bill Russell Exquisite autos from him and also my Michael Jordan Chronology auto.

He was always very honest about what price he needed. Then it was just up to me to decide whether I wanted to buy the cards or not. Sometimes I accept his counter offers, other times I turn them down. But ultimately, that's up to me. I can't see any reason to dislike him - if the buyer doesn't like his prices, then that's the buyer's problem, not his. He can ask for whatever he wants for his cards. They're his cards, after all.

I like that about him. He's a no nonsense seller and doesn't play games.
Well you're lucky, because I only ever had negative experience with him. I don't recall him ever saying how much he needed, nor why he wanted so much more than every single other one had ever sold for...
I don't even recall him countering, just rejecting. So he wanted well above real market value (as I was the only one buying them) and wouldn't negotiate or explain his thinking. Very poor seller in that respect.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

I do see where you're coming from.

However, let's say he bought a card for $75 and listed it for $150 BIN/OBO.

Then someone lists the same card for $0.99 and it sells at auction for $50. Does that mean he should suddenly accept $50 for his card? Or should he be patient and try to make a profit on his original investment?

He has some very nice cards so maybe he enjoys having them in his collection and only wants to sell them if he can make a big enough profit to make the sale worthwhile.

In my experience, when I make an offer for one of his cards, he usually i) rejects my offer if I'm way off or ii) counters if I'm within about 25-40% of the price he'll sell it for.

Anyway, I just think it's harsh to dislike the guy just because he wants a high price for his cards. There are hundreds of far worse sellers out there who shill bid their auctions, sell fake patches or fail to deliver their cards. Eugene might want a lot of money for his cards, but he's not breaking the law.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

That is one amazing card! Leaf is putting out so very nice stuff lately.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I do see where you're coming from.

However, let's say he bought a card for $75 and listed it for $150 BIN/OBO.

Then someone lists the same card for $0.99 and it sells at auction for $50. Does that mean he should suddenly accept $50 for his card? Or should he be patient and try to make a profit on his original investment?

He has some very nice cards so maybe he enjoys having them in his collection and only wants to sell them if he can make a big enough profit to make the sale worthwhile.

In my experience, when I make an offer for one of his cards, he usually i) rejects my offer if I'm way off or ii) counters if I'm within about 25-40% of the price he'll sell it for.

Anyway, I just think it's harsh to dislike the guy just because he wants a high price for his cards. There are hundreds of far worse sellers out there who shill bid their auctions, sell fake patches or fail to deliver their cards. Eugene might want a lot of money for his cards, but he's not breaking the law.
Yeah but if he's made a bad investment overpaying for a card, he's now ruined it for an actual collector of that card by never being willing to accept a realistic offer for it. What's the point of sitting on a card for years just because you'll never sell it for what you need to make a profit for...
He's definitely not in the category of lawbreakers or anything, just that in my experience his customer service/thought process was poor.