Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
not really, deron williams is one of the best point guards in the league and his stuff is still pretty cheap........

bledsoe would probably have "MORE" value than he currently does, but by the time he's in the league 6 or 7 years people won't care anymore.

I can buy williams rookie auto's for under $20 all day long and he would run circles around bledsoe.
Good for you, don't buy them. Bledsoe is entering his third season, you think it will be 6-7 before someone signs him to start? False.

Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser9698 View Post
Good for you, don't buy them. Bledsoe is entering his third season, you think it will be 6-7 before someone signs him to start? False.

he's locked in until 2014 I believe, in 2014 that will be his what? 5th year. yeah I think he will probably be in his 6th or 7th year when/if he moves and signs to another team to start. the clippers clearly don't want to trade him, he's an excellent value at his current pay scale.

he's under 2 million for this nba season, that's a steal for how good he is. TRUE!!! =0)

talk logic, not NBA Trading Card Fan Talk..........
Old 11-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Man people use the term "bust" pretty loosely nowadays... while I wouldn't say Wall is a superstar at this point, he is FAR from a bust. Once he gets healthy, we'll really get to see what he's made of, now that he has some real teammates to play with.
Yaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Wall is very far from a bust. Bledsoe is just coming out strong this year. Like dude said he plays with TERRIBLE teammates and look what Bledsoe has around him. Value wise??? I'd hold onto Wall before Bledsoe............even though I think Bledsoe will be an All Star John Wall is more talented IMO and he gets with the right people and finds his flow......I'm holding all my Wall RC autos thats for sure. Hopefully he doesen't pull a Steve Francis hahaha!
enjoipanda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #30 (permalink)

Wall is better than Bledsoe right now, but I believe Bledsoe has a good chance to be a better player in a year or two. Being behind CP3 and Billups has been a huge blessing and learning experience for him, now he needs to get the PT and spread his wings.

PANINI = CHEAPSKATES: http://youtu.be/rsSq7QqpUto
clipperboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
he's locked in until 2014 I believe, in 2014 that will be his what? 5th year. yeah I think he will probably be in his 6th or 7th year when/if he moves and signs to another team to start. the clippers clearly don't want to trade him, he's an excellent value at his current pay scale.

he's under 2 million for this nba season, that's a steal for how good he is. TRUE!!! =0)

talk logic, not NBA Trading Card Fan Talk..........

Right, and if he doesn't get traded you think he's going to continue to play 14 min a game improving the way he is?

No. He'll end up like Harden coming off the bench but playing 30 min a game. No way they're going to keep him sitting if he keeps improving at this rate.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Right, and if he doesn't get traded you think he's going to continue to play 14 min a game improving the way he is?

No. He'll end up like Harden coming off the bench but playing 30 min a game. No way they're going to keep him sitting if he keeps improving at this rate.

right and best case scenario for a collector is he heats up on the clippers, gets traded to a starting position somewhere so people can dump they cards for that week when he gets traded and is hot, then fades out like harden will? that's like the best that could possibly happen. there is far too many negatives in that situation to invest in him.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Bledsoe is my hero! I hope he scores 21 next game!
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puregreen5 View Post
Bledsoe is my hero! I hope he scores 21 next game!
With 10 steals haha
Old 11-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
right and best case scenario for a collector is he heats up on the clippers, gets traded to a starting position somewhere so people can dump they cards for that week when he gets traded and is hot, then fades out like harden will? that's like the best that could possibly happen. there is far too many negatives in that situation to invest in him.
Right...and you sell when he is hot then profit 40-50% ----> making it a good investment.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #36 (permalink)

Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
You best investment is Ryan Tannehill, enough said.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Right...and you sell when he is hot then profit 40-50% ----> making it a good investment.
agreed, if it happens...... if it doesn't you lose your money. it's not a bad gamble, I think he will do well, people said the same thing about eric gordon though, and that didn't turn out very well.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:

People actually call him "Mini-Lebron"
Did you see him flex last night when he was on the ground? He told Bayless to get swoll
Old 11-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
You best investment is Ryan Tannehill, enough said.
this is a pretty stupid statement, i'm buying because he's a starting QB that got hurt, people are letting his cards go cheap, and he will be back, he's popular, I've bought a ton of his cards cheap and resold them, he's a good resale project, just like doug martin was, I made a ton of money off doug martin. and I will make money off trent richardson as well..... I definately know what i'm doing in terms of football investment, so you way off base on that one.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
this is a pretty stupid statement, i'm buying because he's a starting QB that got hurt, people are letting his cards go cheap, and he will be back, he's popular, I've bought a ton of his cards cheap and resold them, he's a good resale project, just like doug martin was, I made a ton of money off doug martin. and I will make money off trent richardson as well..... I definately know what i'm doing in terms of football investment, so you way off base on that one.
Doesnt look like you been selling Tannehills on ebay, I know you arent selli.g them here and making money. Doug Martin looks like you still have cards of his your trying to dump. You may "know" football investment but seems like your off on basketball. Also Gordon is not done playing basketball so dont be so quick to say "i told you so".
Old 11-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Right, because it takes about 10 minutes to learn that dance.

The kid has played a year and a half with *terrible* teammates and is already a bust? He's a good kid, with no off the court problems or issues with his attitude. Just don't understand the hate...
As a white kid who wishes he could dougie, I can confirm that this takes more than 10 minutes to learn.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
Doesnt look like you been selling Tannehills on ebay, I know you arent selli.g them here and making money. Doug Martin looks like you still have cards of his your trying to dump. You may "know" football investment but seems like your off on basketball. Also Gordon is not done playing basketball so dont be so quick to say "i told you so".

why doesn't it? what kinda card is this?

2012 Topps Prime Ryan Tannehill Miami Dolphins RC Rookie Auto Copper 51 99 SP | eBay

I do still have doug martin cards not "DUMPING" them at all, selling them at a profit, however I made several thousand on doug martin in the last 2 weeks.

I've already made money on selling bledsoe & gordon cards as well.

my recent years pc's were derrick rose and russell westbrook...... sitting on a pc of paul george.......

you gotta sell guys while they are hot, trying to chase them around and wait on them to become superstars never really works........

makes no sense to buy guys when they cost alot, basketball doesn't retain value very well unless it's high end

not at all trying to debate the fact with you, i'm just saying I've done very well picking who's going to be hot and flipping the cards...... I've got money on lillard for this year