Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
No doubt about that! Its pathetic in fact.
amare could be good with felton in. felton is good passer, but amare is a shadow of phx amare. sad to say.
sals_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Honestly the Heat look uninterested in winning this one. Plus when the other team is draining 3s there is nothing you can do.

But we all know Amare is gonna come back and mess it all up again
i thought the same thing. i'm not sure what the heat's problem is. complacency i guess. they just don't show up for all games. big win for the knicks either way. melo is so big-time.
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdownunder View Post
i thought the same thing. i'm not sure what the heat's problem is. complacency i guess. they just don't show up for all games. big win for the knicks either way. melo is so big-time.
Im with both of you guys. Heat looked like they couldn't wait to get the heck out of NYC.. Regardless, when the knicks hit those 3'S AT A HIGH PERCENTAGE, they win most nights, regardless of who they play...
Old 11-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sals_cardz View Post
amare could be good with felton in. felton is good passer, but amare is a shadow of phx amare. sad to say.
Yeah I mean I think amare will be very good on offense w Felton. But defense is what I worry about. This team needs to pride itself on defense and everyone needs to buy in.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #30 (permalink)

like i said all along, if amare would play off the bench giving the knicks a 1-2 punch off the bench when he comes back, that would be amazing for this team. his ego will not allow it, but woodson should definitely consider it. possibly by then the starters will have chemistry built and besides we already know that the starting five can actually work together.

and also, melo will have a huge year. he's buying in to defense. his offense has never been a problem. he's undervalued, in the league (and in value of his cards, that's why i collect him now.) haha
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
like i said all along, if amare would play off the bench giving the knicks a 1-2 punch off the bench when he comes back, that would be amazing for this team. his ego will not allow it, but woodson should definitely consider it. possibly by then the starters will have chemistry built and besides we already know that the starting five can actually work together.

and also, melo will have a huge year. he's buying in to defense. his offense has never been a problem. he's undervalued, in the league (and in value of his cards, that's why i collect him now.) haha
I see the team playing well without amare, then Woodson using the injury as an excuse to bring him off the bench at first. Then when he is playing well for a game or 2 people will say 'oh amare looks a lot better' instead of 'amare is garbage' and he'd have to be an idiot to want to go back into the starting line up if he's having success off the bench.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

the knicks looked good. i think any team that shoots 19-36 from down town and plays defense is going to win. well played knicks, good win!!!!
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
the knicks looked good. i think any team that shoots 19-36 from down town and plays defense is going to win. well played knicks, good win!!!!
thats the truth lol...if they hit 19 3s a game, chances are they'll go 82-0...i'm not counting on that!
they need to score better from 2 along with keeping the defense stout. i think they hit more 3's than 2's last night if im not mistaken?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
thats the truth lol...if they hit 19 3s a game, chances are they'll go 82-0...i'm not counting on that!
they need to score better from 2 along with keeping the defense stout. i think they hit more 3's than 2's last night if im not mistaken?
they shot 32 percent I think from 2 point range. The 3 point shooting they displayed last night is not something you can rely on to happen consistently at all. They do need to do a better job of mixing it up and not relying on the 3 ball to do it. Just like the old saying goes teams who rely too heavily on that "live by the 3 and die by the 3". The knicks now have the balance and depth to score from everywhere on the floor.

The thing that kills me is that no matter how good of a game they play, espn writers will still find ways to hate on melo. haha. Just like the articles today saying that playing that kind of ball won't fly come playoffs. That he shouldn't be taking that many shots. He had the hot hand in the first, if it's working keep going back to it. I agree that looking at the stat sheet and seeing that he took 25+ shots is a little bit excessive, but from watching the game it seemed that he didn't force the shots AS MUCH as what he did last year. Also, he definitely looked intent on playing D. That is a good sign. Lets just hope that your reasoning a few posts ago is how it really goes, that amare sees he is better off the bench giving them more depth. That would be best case scenario for the team I think.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
they shot 32 percent I think from 2 point range. The 3 point shooting they displayed last night is not something you can rely on to happen consistently at all. They do need to do a better job of mixing it up and not relying on the 3 ball to do it. Just like the old saying goes teams who rely too heavily on that "live by the 3 and die by the 3". The knicks now have the balance and depth to score from everywhere on the floor.

The thing that kills me is that no matter how good of a game they play, espn writers will still find ways to hate on melo. haha. Just like the articles today saying that playing that kind of ball won't fly come playoffs. That he shouldn't be taking that many shots. He had the hot hand in the first, if it's working keep going back to it. I agree that looking at the stat sheet and seeing that he took 25+ shots is a little bit excessive, but from watching the game it seemed that he didn't force the shots AS MUCH as what he did last year. Also, he definitely looked intent on playing D. That is a good sign. Lets just hope that your reasoning a few posts ago is how it really goes, that amare sees he is better off the bench giving them more depth. That would be best case scenario for the team I think.
yeah i mean, you can't rely on it to win, but it is a successful formula for beating the heat...not every team has defenders like wade and lebron...
what they can rely on to win is playing defense and holding teams to 82 points. i'd much rather see them struggle a bit from 2 point range then struggle to defend. as long as they play good defense, the offense will come i have no doubts. and they certainly have the shooters to go lights out from 3 at times. i mean, steve novak most likely WILL shoot that good from 3 night in and night out. that dude is just ridiculous.

as for melo, this game is a bit misleading because he was ON FIRE for the first quarter, i mean he himself had one less point than the heat. so he earned the right to keep shooting in my opinion! he also has at least 2 times a game where he does that crap where he will miss a shot right under the basket, and get his own rebounds to score...sometimes 2 misses before a score lol. thats like 6 shot attempts right there! im almost convinced he misses those on purpose and knows he will get the rebound to get himself a better shot lol...he just does it so much...and he's also the knicks bail out option when they need a shot with the clock running down so he takes a lot of sketchy ones that way.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah i mean, you can't rely on it to win, but it is a successful formula for beating the heat...not every team has defenders like wade and lebron...
what they can rely on to win is playing defense and holding teams to 82 points. i'd much rather see them struggle a bit from 2 point range then struggle to defend. as long as they play good defense, the offense will come i have no doubts. and they certainly have the shooters to go lights out from 3 at times. i mean, steve novak most likely WILL shoot that good from 3 night in and night out. that dude is just ridiculous.

as for melo, this game is a bit misleading because he was ON FIRE for the first quarter, i mean he himself had one less point than the heat. so he earned the right to keep shooting in my opinion! he also has at least 2 times a game where he does that crap where he will miss a shot right under the basket, and get his own rebounds to score...sometimes 2 misses before a score lol. thats like 6 shot attempts right there! im almost convinced he misses those on purpose and knows he will get the rebound to get himself a better shot lol...he just does it so much...and he's also the knicks bail out option when they need a shot with the clock running down so he takes a lot of sketchy ones that way.
That's a lot of his shot attempts too that people wouldn't realize unless they watch the games. They will try to let a play develop, wait until the shot clock get to 5 seconds or so, then throw it to him and he has almost zero time to get a good look, so he just does what he can and throw up crazy shots. Granted, he makes more of them than the majority of shooters would, but still. That accounts for at least 4-6 of his shot attempts per game, sometimes even more.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #37 (permalink)

Was at the game 3rd row baby! Statement game! Heat knocked us out, this was a little payback and a hint to the east, we are back!
dasiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Carmelo is the only guy in the league that can possibly go 1 on 1 with Lebron.

Steve Novak is automatic, if he averages 5 3s a game he might be the new Ray Allen lol

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
That's a lot of his shot attempts too that people wouldn't realize unless they watch the games. They will try to let a play develop, wait until the shot clock get to 5 seconds or so, then throw it to him and he has almost zero time to get a good look, so he just does what he can and throw up crazy shots. Granted, he makes more of them than the majority of shooters would, but still. That accounts for at least 4-6 of his shot attempts per game, sometimes even more.
If you watch the games Melo stands there with the ball for 10 seconds . He is a pig . This is why he will never win . He does not make his teamates better .

MELO (HOG) BALL
Melo how did the heat shut you down .
Quote : They didn't shut me down I had 22 pts 8-26 shooting and we lost by 20 .

Last edited by pepsiporch; 11-03-2012 at 06:58 PM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
If you watch the games Melo stands there with the ball for 10 seconds . He is a pig . This is why he will never win . He does not make his teamates better .

MELO (HOG) BALL

Melo Trade hurt this franchise . Marbury the second coming
Agreed, Melo just keeps shooting and rarely raises his head when driving to the basket. Very similar to Kobe, but Melo has always been known as a scorer so its not like anything new.

Felton is a pretty underrated PG IMO, and he is the missing piece.

!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Carmelo is the only guy in the league that can possibly go 1 on 1 with Lebron.

Steve Novak is automatic, if he averages 5 3s a game he might be the new Ray Allen lol
I Believe Lebron won more playoff games last year then melo has won in his career .

Novak the Next ray allen . WOW
Old 11-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
I Believe Lebron won more playoff games last year then melo has won in his career .

Novak the Next ray allen . WOW
Yeah but I mean 1 on 1 with Lebron, never said he would beat Lebron though. Just do much better than most in the Nba against Lebron.

not Knicks vs Heat

!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yeah but I mean 1 on 1 with Lebron, never said he would beat Lebron though. Just do much better than most in the Nba against Lebron.

not Knicks vs Heat
When you take double the shots your stats will look good
Old 11-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
When you take double the shots your stats will look good
Not looking at stats

!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #45 (permalink)

pepsiporch, you are the unknickest 'knicks' fan possible. why do you 'root' for a team that you hate. you hate all the players, you hate everything about them. you want them to fail. what is your deal?
Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
pepsiporch, you are the unknickest 'knicks' fan possible. why do you 'root' for a team that you hate. you hate all the players, you hate everything about them. you want them to fail. what is your deal?
Because there is no need to talk smack
Knicks should just shut up really . Knicks won 2 playoffs games in 10 yrs .
This team is far from winning a playoff team . Melo is unwatchable
Old 11-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #47 (permalink)

It's a new yr, anything is possible. Also, a beat down of the champs on our opening night, in our building deserves a little bit of chatter and gloating no?
Old 11-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #48 (permalink)

plain and simple pepsi, you're a moron.

you act like people expect carmelo to be lebron. That's not the case. He is not an all around player. He is a scorer. He's not someone who is known for making his teammates better. He is a scorer. One of, if not the best, in the league when it comes to making his own shot, and i would argue that he is the best clutch player in the game. For the fact that he can make his own shot instead of relying on screens and such.

The knicks knew what they were getting in him. A scorer. That is what they expect, and want, him to do. That's why they honestly have brought in so many defensive minded players, as well as finding a couple of point guards to distribute the ball and shooters to space the floor. The setup they have here now has potential to be a winning one. So for real, comparing melo to lebron is stupid, that's apples to oranges. But if he is so bad, then why when he wanted to be traded from Denver so many teams in the nba trying to land the deal?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Winning formula =
Get the guy with the worst playoff record in 20 years

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...101773782.html

1. Carmelo Anthony, 16-36, .308

2. Mookie Blaylock, 18-36, .333

3. Eduardo Najera, 20-39, .339

4. Chris Dudley, 20-34, .370

5. Brad Miller, 19-31, .380

6. Anthony Peeler, 22-35, .386

7. Marcus Camby, 30-46, .395

8. Stacey Augmon, 31-46, .403

9. Shane Battier, 22-32, .407

10. Tyron Corbin, 28-40, .412

Last edited by pepsiporch; 11-03-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #50 (permalink)

the key to the game was defense
melo played great defense a few times and got everyone involved
there not gonna hit every three going foward but a promising start

when melo is the only focal point and no need to worry about amare, they play so so so much better
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote