Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
DirtyBirdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ct
Posts: 947
Default 2008/09 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection Basketball

Won a hobby box in the blowout Thanksgiving Cornucopia Promotion. Never touched a basketball product in my life. I did watch a few box break videos on youtube but didn't see anything special. Anything decent in this product? redemptions? Should I just sell on ebay?
DirtyBirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
SPauthentic84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 6,499
Default

I think you should trade it to me...

In all seriousness, you would probably get more selling the box....

but there is a lot of good stuff in that product, MJ, KD, Kobe, and Lebron, as well as Rose, Westbrook and Love rookie year stuff...
__________________
*Photobucket: let me know if you like anything. http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/Marsili84/library/Harder%20To%20Get%20Stuff?sort=4&page=1

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 152
Default

i would've loved to get what you got instead of my ufc box...
fumanchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7,099
Default

08-09 Ultimate had some niiiice stuff in it. However it's only 1 pack per box, so it's a complete lottery. I did one once and got a Lenny Wlikens auto. Not a great return - so you could hit big or get nothing. If you don't do basketball you might as well sell it.
hairyangryfella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
DirtyBirdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ct
Posts: 947
Default

hmm alright, will probably throw it on ebay to be safe. Thanks.
DirtyBirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jin
Member
 
Jin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: University of Illinois @ Urbana
Posts: 3,100
Default

Yea def. put it up for sale, any UD product from 08-09 goes for lots of $$. You struck lucky
__________________
JINSUNITED

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
MavsRChamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Posts: 1,314
Default

If I remember correctly (from seeing breaks), this was one of the most "Hit or Miss" products of all-time ... I would say 90% of the time you'll get a low-value auto/GU , but the other 10% you could strike big
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,848
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsRChamps View Post
If I remember correctly (from seeing breaks), this was one of the most "Hit or Miss" products of all-time ... I would say 90% of the time you'll get a low-value auto/GU , but the other 10% you could strike big
this, it was really good or really bad
__________________
!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,783
Default

remember opening the product new, i pulled a kevin love auto/gu's /60, and was very dissapointed, but i held on long enough to trade it for a nice jordan after the value of the love went up. i would probably sell, alot of duds in this product.
pingbling23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,211
Default

The one pack i did back when it came out was a glen davis auto /25, heh
thenwhatjk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,661
Default

not worth busting, as mentioned above very hit or miss. The boxes sell for a pretty penny now too.
__________________
Looking for: 97-98 SP Authentic Profiles, 98-99 SPX Finite Spectrum, & Rare Clippers Cards

PANINI = CHEAPSKATES: http://youtu.be/rsSq7QqpUto
clipperboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.