Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #526 (permalink)

Closer game than the final score indicates. Other than Jennings, every other Buck played poorly while Melo and JR were both hot. Some bad calls against the Bucks and some calls that weren't made. How many times can Melo drag his pivot foot and not get called for a travel and how many times is Chandler going to get away with holding and pushing guys on screens he sets? And Melo is still a jag, he can go **** off.

My Ersan Ilyasova, Luc Mbah a Moute, & Larry Sanders Collection
http://milwbucks.webs.com/
oshmeehan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #527 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshmeehan View Post
Closer game than the final score indicates. Other than Jennings, every other Buck played poorly while Melo and JR were both hot. Some bad calls against the Bucks and some calls that weren't made. How many times can Melo drag his pivot foot and not get called for a travel and how many times is Chandler going to get away with holding and pushing guys on screens he sets? And Melo is still a jag, he can go **** off.
You seem angry bro...
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #528 (permalink)

Melo again!! He's zoned in...
73 championship night was awesome, they gave everyone these replica rings that are pretty sweet. Will post a pic when I get home...great win tho, 11 straight!
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #529 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
You seem angry bro...
Not angry. Just speaking the truth and everything I said I expected to happen going in.

Bucks have the 8th seed locked up and their date with the Miami Heat despite the Celtics doing their best job at giving the Bucks the 7th seed. Maybe get lucky and steal a game from the Heat. While the Bucks struggle with the Wolves, Wizards, and Pistons they are one of the few teams that actually has played the Big Three Heat teams well since it was assembled. A record of 4-6 in the 10 games against them with two of the losses coming in OT.

Last edited by oshmeehan; 04-05-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #530 (permalink)

Quote:
idk man, the final score is about indicative of what happened...the knicks went off in the third and never looked back...
Calls were not spectacular on both sides, but certainly didn't favor the bucks. JR was getting hammered the whole first half and not getting calls, and so was melo. the bucks took 18 fts to the knicks 8, so thats really all you need to know...
They had a good scheme for melo at first, doubling him right away, but melo just wore them down and went off like he has been doing.

Chandler is hardly the prime offender in setting illegal screens either...he wasn't setting near enough also lol, they dont run p&r near enough...
Old 04-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #531 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
idk man, the final score is about indicative of what happened...the knicks went off in the third and never looked back...
Calls were not spectacular on both sides, but certainly didn't favor the bucks. JR was getting hammered the whole first half and not getting calls, and so was melo. the bucks took 18 fts to the knicks 8, so thats really all you need to know...
They had a good scheme for melo at first, doubling him right away, but melo just wore them down and went off like he has been doing.

Chandler is hardly the prime offender in setting illegal screens either...he wasn't setting near enough also lol, they dont run p&r near enough...
I know we are going to have to agree to disagree...

It was a 6 point game with 3 minutes or so left when Ersan missed an open jumper then Jennings missed an open 3. Knicks were just able to pad the score after they got the lead to 10 with a minute or two left. It definitely wasn't a blowout game as the final score would make one believe.

As for the fouls just cause there is a differential doesn't mean one team is getting calls and the other isn't. And a good indicator is Melo and JR weren't bitching about getting hacked and we both know darn well they would have been if they were getting hammered all first half as you say.

Doesn't matter how many times Tyson sets screens. The majority of the time he did there was a little hold or a push off.

But oh well, I don't care too much about the losses right now since the Bucks fate has been sealed as the 8th seed for awhile now.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #532 (permalink)

Quote:
I know we are going to have to agree to disagree...

It was a 6 point game with 3 minutes or so left when Ersan missed an open jumper then Jennings missed an open 3. Knicks were just able to pad the score after they got the lead to 10 with a minute or two left. It definitely wasn't a blowout game as the final score would make one believe.

As for the fouls just cause there is a differential doesn't mean one team is getting calls and the other isn't. And a good indicator is Melo and JR weren't bitching about getting hacked and we both know darn well they would have been if they were getting hammered all first half as you say.

Doesn't matter how many times Tyson sets screens. The majority of the time he did there was a little hold or a push off.

But oh well, I don't care too much about the losses right now since the Bucks fate has been sealed as the 8th seed for awhile now.
Yeah we'll have to agree to disagree. The bucks went on a run to close it to 6 and the Knicks opened it back up. They slaughtered them in the third...
And honestly from my perspective the Knicks were getting hammered and not getting th calls...and I didn't find Tyson's screens any more illegal than any other nba player in recent memory...

But yeah I still hold out hope the celtics can drop to 8...but more so I can see the celts and heat in round 1, that would be fun...
Old 04-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #533 (permalink)

Every time the knicks beat the bucks its a different excuse....
How can u say the final score isnt indicitive when we were up 11 going into the 4th....

u always think the knicks are terrible and all but they have beaten the bucks the 3 times they played

Altho so wide open shots were missed the knicks d on monta was pretty solid

say what u want but ur a huge melo and knicks hater...

melo got killed almost every time he drove to the paint... u gotta look at it both ways.... u want an offensive foul every time he gets position...
comon no need to blame the refs and the 2 players that torched the bucks

11 IN A ROW BABY..... OKC UP NEXT...

MELO V KD35 FOR THE SCORING TITLE!
Quote:
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #534 (permalink)
Banned

Hopefully for the Knicks Carmelo isn't peaking too early before playoff time. He's been on fire.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #535 (permalink)

Agreed last april was the same thing with those bulls games and all

its no coincidence amare is out and he is able to do his thing and get on another nice streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Hopefully for the Knicks Carmelo isn't peaking too early before playoff time. He's been on fire.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #536 (permalink)

J Kidd with the half court buzzer was absolutely awesome lol
Old 04-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #537 (permalink)

hahahaha he showed no emotion also
loved that

the best part was that he banked it
hahahaa
Old 04-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #538 (permalink)

Quote:
i recon the same could be said for the heat when they won 27 in a row...
Old 04-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #539 (permalink)

Quote:
not worried about melo,he's got plenty of scoring left in him. I mean hey, it hasn't ran out in the past 10 seasons, why would it stop now? Maybe this year is when he starts ditching his "one and done" playoff legacy.
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #540 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
not worried about melo,he's got plenty of scoring left in him. I mean hey, it hasn't ran out in the past 10 seasons, why would it stop now? Maybe this year is when he starts ditching his "one and done" playoff legacy.
I sure do hope so. He can always score but when he's healthy 100% is when he goes off like this. Like the beginning of the year and the Olympics...when he was a little tweaked during the season he could still fill it up, but not like this. He can always bully his way to the rack, but when he's on point w his jumpers he's lethal...
Old 04-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #541 (permalink)

I've said it all along that he is the most complete scorer in the league, but not until now are other people seeing it. Durant and Kobe are right there as well, but he is just so strong that he has a better post game than those. Just as you said, he can bully his way to the rack on almost anyone. Also just like you said, when he is completely healthy is when he goes off. Even Battier and Kobe have been quoted saying that melo is the toughest guard in the nba, even including lebron. When he is feeling it, you can be on him double teaming him and he still hits the shot with a hand in his face, or on his face at times. haha. He is just ridiculously good at the offensive side of the ball. If he can stay healthy and keep this up, i dont think it's unreasonable to see them winning out the season to lock up the 2 seed if they don't take their foot off the gas pedal. If he wants the scoring title, he can take it.
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #542 (permalink)

I agree w most of that. If he got the calls Durant does he would already have the scoring title locked up. They don't let you guard Durant, it's pretty silly. Obviously he's a great player but the refs love him, give him every last call. Where as melo has to take a beating every night and barely get any calls. Hopefully they can wrap the 2 seed with a few games left so melo can rest a couple games, but I'm not counting on it. Either way, top 3 in the conference this year is great.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #543 (permalink)

just wanted to watch this again

Jason Kidd's AMAZING 3/4 court three-pointer off glass! - YouTube

anyway ya melo argues so much and is hated by a lot of officials therefore he doesnt get calls other superstars do

its his attitude

melo cant be stopped when he's hot

only player in league who can get hot be doubled and still make.... lebron cant stop him either altho the heat still win generally....
Old 04-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #544 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
just wanted to watch this again

Jason Kidd's AMAZING 3/4 court three-pointer off glass! - YouTube

anyway ya melo argues so much and is hated by a lot of officials therefore he doesnt get calls other superstars do

its his attitude

melo cant be stopped when he's hot

only player in league who can get hot be doubled and still make.... lebron cant stop him either altho the heat still win generally....

He's playing a lot like dirk was a couple of years ago....juuuust saying
Old 04-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #545 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
yup. i already said that in the heat thread
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #546 (permalink)

Quote:
yup. i already said that in the heat thread
oh ok...I don't root around in there usually I try and let 'heat fans' have their thread...us Knicks fans sure do appreciate your infinite basketball wisdom tho, so thanks!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #547 (permalink)

the rings they gave away last night...most awesome give away ever!!! Nice weight to them, they weren't skimping on these!! (for once, with give aways)
Old 04-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #548 (permalink)

That's pretty awesome Knicker

Knicks up 9 at the half! Copeland ballin and everyone on the Knicks is scoring!
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #549 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
That's pretty awesome Knicker

Knicks up 9 at the half! Copeland ballin and everyone on the Knicks is scoring!
Been a fun game hopefully melo and the Knicks can pull it out...hopefully they stop breathing so hard on Durant and Westbrook lol...you're not allowed to guard kd!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #550 (permalink)

They might as well start the thunder in the bonus lol