Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,226
Default

amare should be fine starting as long as he understands the ball doesnt need to come through his hands on every play for the knicks to be successful. he needs to play solid d and when on offense the defense will still have to consider him a threat inside. i dont see amare coming off the bench, maybe for a few games until he is 100%.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
nateadams2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
amare should be fine starting as long as he understands the ball doesnt need to come through his hands on every play for the knicks to be successful. he needs to play solid d and when on offense the defense will still have to consider him a threat inside. i dont see amare coming off the bench, maybe for a few games until he is 100%.
that my friend is not possible. saying that his defense is suspect is a major understatement. Melo has always been a very capable defender, he just never cared. Amare has never shown that he can actually play defense. Having him on the floor is like being down 4 on 5. i hate to say that, but it's true. Not only that, but the way melo is playing at the 4, would you really want to start amare and switch that up?
__________________
Back at it again, Carmelo Anthony Knicks Super Collector
PM me with any Melo Knicks Cards.....
Carmelo Anthony Knicks PC = 138 cards
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,897
Default

Definitely right. Amare doesn't have good enough footwork to play d or have a post game...he needs to be the 6th man where he can beast on offense and get away with mediocre d.
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
nateadams2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
Definitely right. Amare doesn't have good enough footwork to play d or have a post game...he needs to be the 6th man where he can beast on offense and get away with mediocre d.
exactly. having him and smith both off the bench, with novak and sheed. they could have continuous offense all 48. but will amare's huge ego allow him to come off the bench like he should
__________________
Back at it again, Carmelo Anthony Knicks Super Collector
PM me with any Melo Knicks Cards.....
Carmelo Anthony Knicks PC = 138 cards
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 4,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Not sure if anyone has informed you, but there is a Heat Fan's thread where Heat Fans can talk. The OP to the Heat Threads flip out when other non Heat fans post in it. The OP of this thread asked you respectfully to not bash in his thread and you did anyways. If the OP is excited about the Knicks start, let him be happy. Not that hard to do.
That's not true at all.

What I said is that I didn't want to "discuss" as in ARGUE with non-Heat fans about the Heat in a thread that was meant for Heat fans exclusively.

This thread is obviously meant for Knick fans and I can respect that, there's no need for me to engage any Knick fans on here solely to antagonize them.
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

There is no way amare will accept coming off the bench.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
nateadams2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
That's not true at all.

What I said is that I didn't want to "discuss" as in ARGUE with non-Heat fans about the Heat in a thread that was meant for Heat fans exclusively.

This thread is obviously meant for Knick fans and I can respect that, there's no need for me to engage any Knick fans on here solely to antagonize them.
and that is much appreciated. and to think people say the basketball boards can't be civil. even heat fans have been good in this thread providing discussion and not argument. haha.
__________________
Back at it again, Carmelo Anthony Knicks Super Collector
PM me with any Melo Knicks Cards.....
Carmelo Anthony Knicks PC = 138 cards
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
nateadams2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
There is no way amare will accept coming off the bench.
I dont think so either. That is what worries me. He should, but his ego won't allow it. That same ego could potentially cause problems with the chemistry and the way the team is flowing as well I fear. Hopefully Kidd and the other vets can get him to calm down and lose the ego and play team ball, like they have with melo.
__________________
Back at it again, Carmelo Anthony Knicks Super Collector
PM me with any Melo Knicks Cards.....
Carmelo Anthony Knicks PC = 138 cards
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
RedSoxFan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
That's not true at all.

What I said is that I didn't want to "discuss" as in ARGUE with non-Heat fans about the Heat in a thread that was meant for Heat fans exclusively.

This thread is obviously meant for Knick fans and I can respect that, there's no need for me to engage any Knick fans on here solely to antagonize them.
I never mentioned you directly in that post. I only mentioned anything since another Heat fan made a comment that the OP felt was bashing, and felt like the situation was hypocritical. But this is a Knicks thread so lets continue talking about the Knicks

Edit: My mistake the person who "bashed" isn't a Heat fan. Sorry the way the person acts/trolls/bashes on the boards makes them look like a Heat fan. And to them saying I am trolling and trying to start crap, you commented first on this thread "bashing" it, I only said respect the OP when he said don't bash it!
__________________
Baseball- Boston Red Sox, Football- New England Patriots, Basketball- Boston Celtics & OKC Thunder, Hockey- Boston Bruins
"I understand you live in Maine and idiocy,ignorance and stupidity is a part of daily life" - Gibberish (10/12/2012)

Last edited by RedSoxFan28; 11-15-2012 at 06:40 AM.
RedSoxFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
I never mentioned you directly in that post. I only mentioned anything since another Heat fan made a comment that the OP felt was bashing, and felt like the situation was hypocritical. But this is a Knicks thread so lets continue talking about the Knicks
the person you tried to call out isn't even a heat fan... you are the one that seems to be trying to troll and start something. like i said are you the board police?

sorry knicks threaders just wanted to make this guy look silly quick.

back the the undefeated knicks! trade amare!
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
nateadams2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
the person you tried to call out isn't even a heat fan... you are the one that seems to be trying to troll and start something. like i said are you the board police?

sorry knicks threaders just wanted to make this guy look silly quick.

back the the undefeated knicks! trade amare!
i wish they could trade amare. but it'll never happen. too much money left on the table for someone with such a huge ego and not enough game to back up the contract. I'm not saying that he is completely garbage, but he still feels in his mind that he is the number one option. He got the whole idea of the big 3 started, yes. But there is no mistaking this is melo's team. Amare doesn't want to be forgotten. All his stupid actions in the past, and all of the guarantees and such, followed by poor play (I get it. It was a rough year health and emotion wise last year, but still). Nobody would want to take that on.
__________________
Back at it again, Carmelo Anthony Knicks Super Collector
PM me with any Melo Knicks Cards.....
Carmelo Anthony Knicks PC = 138 cards
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
the person you tried to call out isn't even a heat fan... you are the one that seems to be trying to troll and start something. like i said are you the board police?
amen! .
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
RedSoxFan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdownunder View Post
amen! .
hahahahaha, "Amen" if you actually look back at the comments you'll see who was actually trolling. But again this is a Knicks thread, they're playing the Spurs tonight right? Should be a good game.
__________________
Baseball- Boston Red Sox, Football- New England Patriots, Basketball- Boston Celtics & OKC Thunder, Hockey- Boston Bruins
"I understand you live in Maine and idiocy,ignorance and stupidity is a part of daily life" - Gibberish (10/12/2012)
RedSoxFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,600
Default

Yeah trade amare . Amare has done more in the playoffs then melo .
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
nateadams2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Yeah trade amare . Amare has done more in the playoffs then melo .
And again speaks the moron. You really think that amare will be the centerpiece of that team over melo? There's no arguing Melos playoff record. It's the worst in the past decade. But a lot of that had to do with two things. 1) he was never on a team with a coach who motivated him to play defense and all around ball. And 2) if you have a scorer, you need to surround it with defensive minded players to make a deep run. You can't be all offense.

Why don't you go start a thread for people like you who claim to be fans of a team and then do nothing but bash that same team. You make no sense and really are a pathetic troll. But hey, if trolling Internet forums is what you live for, more power to ya bud. People say murkee or others are bad, they are actually open minded unless you start arguing (or doubt lebron is god, hahahaha. Jk murkee). You really are nothing but a troll and moron man. Go do so somewhere else.
__________________
Back at it again, Carmelo Anthony Knicks Super Collector
PM me with any Melo Knicks Cards.....
Carmelo Anthony Knicks PC = 138 cards
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
And again speaks the moron. You really think that amare will be the centerpiece of that team over melo? There's no arguing Melos playoff record. It's the worst in the past decade. But a lot of that had to do with two things. 1) he was never on a team with a coach who motivated him to play defense and all around ball. And 2) if you have a scorer, you need to surround it with defensive minded players to make a deep run. You can't be all offense.

Why don't you go start a thread for people like you who claim to be fans of a team and then do nothing but bash that same team. You make no sense and really are a pathetic troll. But hey, if trolling Internet forums is what you live for, more power to ya bud. People say murkee or others are bad, they are actually open minded unless you start arguing (or doubt lebron is god, hahahaha. Jk murkee). You really are nothing but a troll and moron man. Go do so somewhere else.
I just say the truth

Melo is motivated to play defense . 10 yrs it took him to be motivated .

Knicks are 5-0 Congrats

1 win verse heat who thought game in ny would not be played
2 wins verse phili who lost to the pistons
1 win verse dallas who you should win at home
oh yeah we beat D LEAUGE orlando

77 MORE GAMES TO GO .

PAT RILEY TRYING TO TINKER TO HEAT TO COMPETE WITH THE BIG BAD KNICKS

Last edited by pepsiporch; 11-15-2012 at 01:27 PM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
And again speaks the moron. You really think that amare will be the centerpiece of that team over melo? There's no arguing Melos playoff record. It's the worst in the past decade. But a lot of that had to do with two things. 1) he was never on a team with a coach who motivated him to play defense and all around ball. And 2) if you have a scorer, you need to surround it with defensive minded players to make a deep run. You can't be all offense.

Why don't you go start a thread for people like you who claim to be fans of a team and then do nothing but bash that same team. You make no sense and really are a pathetic troll. But hey, if trolling Internet forums is what you live for, more power to ya bud. People say murkee or others are bad, they are actually open minded unless you start arguing (or doubt lebron is god, hahahaha. Jk murkee). You really are nothing but a troll and moron man. Go do so somewhere else.
+1 kid is a 'Knicks fan' and is rooting for them to fail...that makes sense...
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
nateadams2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
+1 kid is a 'Knicks fan' and is rooting for them to fail...that makes sense...
I honestly don't know which is more stupid. His first comment. Or what he replied to mine? Really starting to think this dude is really a kid and has been eating paint chips his whole life.
__________________
Back at it again, Carmelo Anthony Knicks Super Collector
PM me with any Melo Knicks Cards.....
Carmelo Anthony Knicks PC = 138 cards
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
I honestly don't know which is more stupid. His first comment. Or what he replied to mine? Really starting to think this dude is really a kid and has been eating paint chips his whole life.
you can't be too far off...just add em to the list of stupid comments this kid has made...

anyways...

nice test for the knicks tonight! wouldn't be surprised if they lost because lord knows they're due, but will be a fun one...
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,897
Default

6-0...no big deal
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
jbmets95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 5,370
Default

lezzzz gooo what a frigggin win
got another big one tommorow
melo doesnt shoot well but does everything else terrific tonight
kidd clutch and great d down the stretch legggo
__________________
http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac172/jbmets95/
Iman Shumpert PC --> METS --> ZWheeler, KPlawecki, DHerrera NSyndergaard, BNimmo
Football --> Ladarius Green, Christine Michael, Lamar Miller, Jordan Reed, Montee Ball, Levine Toililo
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
lezzzz gooo what a frigggin win
got another big one tommorow
melo doesnt shoot well but does everything else terrific tonight
kidd clutch and great d down the stretch legggo
been a fun ride so far, keep it going bockers!!!!
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
nateadams2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,776
Default

Exactly man. This shows that unlike last year melo doesn't have to carry the load. Scores 9 points but commits to an all around game and the pull out the close win on a great opponent. Loving the way the team is coming together and the supporting cast is stepping up. Lets keep this going theoughout this stretch and take it to Memphis tomorrow
__________________
Back at it again, Carmelo Anthony Knicks Super Collector
PM me with any Melo Knicks Cards.....
Carmelo Anthony Knicks PC = 138 cards
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,519
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Wow tonight's win over the Spurs proves how far the Knicks have come.
__________________
http://pc.leeshark.com/

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
realreodeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,925
Default

Raymond Felton has a Halo over his head when he puts the Knicks jersey on. Every other team he has played for he is just average. He puts a Knicks jersey on and it's like he becomes Superman and can do no wrong.

I am not normally a Knicks fan but they are really playing well and I am rooting for them. Good Job NYK!
__________________
Piston 4 Life.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.