Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,115
Default Something sketchy with an ebay seller

I don't want to call anyone out without good reason to but I have never seen anything like this in my life. I needed a few PC pickups and one particular seller named bigboydsportscards3 had 3 cards that I needed. I wasn't going to be home I didn't think by the time they closed so I did my one forbidden ebay bidding rule. I bid early. It just so happened that I did make it home about 30 mins before the close of the auctions and realized all 3 of my bids were no longer the highest bids, it seemed weird to me because all my prices I put in were almost 10-25% above average sale price. There were also like 20 bids on each one with like $1 increment increases. Didn't think anything of it and figured since I needed them badly and they were rare I would give them one final shot. I refreshed the pages on all about 20 mins later to only see every single bid by the one guy had been retracted. Moral of the story is I ended up paying full price for all the items I won because another random "person" took it up to the dollar I had it and quit minutes before it closed. Seems impossible to me that on each one bids got taken up above mine, retracted, and then another "person" takes it up to the very dollar and just quits on it.

I am sorry if he is a member on this site and will remove this thread if I am just so far off base but I am a little frustrated by this and thought i'd share.
ballahollic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
fbfn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 97
Default

Very well known SCHILLER!!!
fbfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 13,487
Default

Dammit you became a victim.
__________________
Only shipping in the U.S.
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
bigcwd2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 4,649
Default

Man that's a shame. He is known for this type of practice.
bigcwd2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,317
Default

search for any derivation of that ebay user name on BO and youll be greeted with pages upon pages of 'discussion' regarding their selling practices.
__________________
"You stand out as crazy on the Internet. Do you realize how tough that is?"

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Alabamaslamma/
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

if you feel cheated, dont pay for the items. Do you have links to the auctions?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

let me go make some popcorn. Anyone want anything?
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ridgeway, ON
Posts: 1,431
Default

This seller is well-loved not only BO, but throughout the whole hobby.

Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
jason122883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,966
Default

This seller is a douche. I would not pay for the items. I would tell him it's obvious they were shilled and you aren't paying for them
__________________
LOOKING FOR STEFEN ROMERO BOWMAN CHROME
jason122883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
jason122883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,966
Default

BigBoydSportscards3 Shill bidding
__________________
LOOKING FOR STEFEN ROMERO BOWMAN CHROME
jason122883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
Pejarox7620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 5,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
let me go make some popcorn. Anyone want anything?
I wouldn't mind an Icee! This should be good, another bigboyd thread. Lets see if he shows up and come up with some excuse.
__________________
http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/Pejarox7620s_Collection/
Looking For: Drew Brees/Raimel Tapia/Joey Gallo
Current Open Group Breaks: All Full, Any requests?
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Burt-Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,317
Default

maybe we'll get lucky and boyd will grace us with his presence in this thread to defend himself and his obviously honorable business practices. pisses me off so much that scum like him, pwcc, and others are allowed to operate with impunity, while we hear so many stories of honest small guys just trying to get by being shut down for bullsh!t reasons. i myself just barely got my account back up and running a few months ago to 100 items a month 5000 dollar limit for some shady undeserved dsr dings. gotta love it.
__________________
Check out my Kobe PC: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13/Kobe%20Bryant%20PC/
Cards for Sale and Trade: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13
I collect: Kobe, OJ Mayo, and Baseball Prospects
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

I want to see a link to the auction that way I can see the time line in which bidders bid, retractred and then bid again to hit the winners threshold.

Post a link dammit. Time is money!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
hche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,605
Default

Well, he is famous in these forums.
hche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,958
Default

With all the shilling I've seen happen on his part, I'd enjoy seeing a 0 feedback account snipe all his auctions with a crazy max bid and not pay.
Quigley24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
whalechaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 936
Default

Don't pay for the auctions and report him to ebay. It's not going to do anything, but maybe you can avoid a unpaid item strike, not that the unpaid item strike does much either.
__________________
My Bucket: http://s258.photobucket.com/home/mojo23bucket
whalechaser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Fraser9698's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: @FraserMemGroup
Posts: 3,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I want to see a link to the auction that way I can see the time line in which bidders bid, retractred and then bid again to hit the winners threshold.

Post a link dammit. Time is money!
This......
Fraser9698 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
maggliofan01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ky
Posts: 4,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
I don't want to call anyone out without good reason to but I have never seen anything like this in my life. I needed a few PC pickups and one particular seller named bigboydsportscards3 had 3 cards that I needed. I wasn't going to be home I didn't think by the time they closed so I did my one forbidden ebay bidding rule. I bid early. It just so happened that I did make it home about 30 mins before the close of the auctions and realized all 3 of my bids were no longer the highest bids, it seemed weird to me because all my prices I put in were almost 10-25% above average sale price. There were also like 20 bids on each one with like $1 increment increases. Didn't think anything of it and figured since I needed them badly and they were rare I would give them one final shot. I refreshed the pages on all about 20 mins later to only see every single bid by the one guy had been retracted. Moral of the story is I ended up paying full price for all the items I won because another random "person" took it up to the dollar I had it and quit minutes before it closed. Seems impossible to me that on each one bids got taken up above mine, retracted, and then another "person" takes it up to the very dollar and just quits on it.

I am sorry if he is a member on this site and will remove this thread if I am just so far off base but I am a little frustrated by this and thought i'd share.
I didn't think you could retract bids after 12 hours till the end of the auction?
__________________
I am looking for Tayshaun Prince and other UK players LOW number, PATCH, or auto cards.
Also Kenneth Faried SUPERCOLLECTOR!

My Bucket is
http://s569.photobucket.com/home/lovebrittneys
maggliofan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
MrMasterpiece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 1,515
Default

Yep this guy does it all the time and he is a member here. Dont pay for the items or just leave a negative feedback stating what happened and let ebay know.
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default

woohoo! made it before the delete!
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
thepinoymamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,631
Default

What's the reason usually when a seller retracts your bid.?
Anyone?
__________________


Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
studioU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbfn View Post
Very well known SCHILLER!!!
Come on man! Everyone knows he has a well established client base who is willing to overpay for his items. I mean it's common knowledge that his customers are willing to pay 10-30% more than market value just for the terrific customer service he offers and the fact that he combines shipping. He always has a perfectly good explanation and he has an open invitation for anyone to call him at any time. Jeez!



studioU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:26 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
I don't want to call anyone out without good reason to but I have never seen anything like this in my life. I needed a few PC pickups and one particular seller named bigboydsportscards3 had 3 cards that I needed. I wasn't going to be home I didn't think by the time they closed so I did my one forbidden ebay bidding rule. I bid early. It just so happened that I did make it home about 30 mins before the close of the auctions and realized all 3 of my bids were no longer the highest bids, it seemed weird to me because all my prices I put in were almost 10-25% above average sale price. There were also like 20 bids on each one with like $1 increment increases. Didn't think anything of it and figured since I needed them badly and they were rare I would give them one final shot. I refreshed the pages on all about 20 mins later to only see every single bid by the one guy had been retracted. Moral of the story is I ended up paying full price for all the items I won because another random "person" took it up to the dollar I had it and quit minutes before it closed. Seems impossible to me that on each one bids got taken up above mine, retracted, and then another "person" takes it up to the very dollar and just quits on it.

I am sorry if he is a member on this site and will remove this thread if I am just so far off base but I am a little frustrated by this and thought i'd share.
What's your ebay ID and/or item numbers? There were zero bid retractions on any item that ended tonight per our emails. Not really sure what your agenda is here but unless I'm missing something, nothing you say is true.
bigboyd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
I don't want to call anyone out without good reason to but I have never seen anything like this in my life. I needed a few PC pickups and one particular seller named bigboydsportscards3 had 3 cards that I needed. I wasn't going to be home I didn't think by the time they closed so I did my one forbidden ebay bidding rule. I bid early. It just so happened that I did make it home about 30 mins before the close of the auctions and realized all 3 of my bids were no longer the highest bids, it seemed weird to me because all my prices I put in were almost 10-25% above average sale price. There were also like 20 bids on each one with like $1 increment increases. Didn't think anything of it and figured since I needed them badly and they were rare I would give them one final shot. I refreshed the pages on all about 20 mins later to only see every single bid by the one guy had been retracted. Moral of the story is I ended up paying full price for all the items I won because another random "person" took it up to the dollar I had it and quit minutes before it closed. Seems impossible to me that on each one bids got taken up above mine, retracted, and then another "person" takes it up to the very dollar and just quits on it.

I am sorry if he is a member on this site and will remove this thread if I am just so far off base but I am a little frustrated by this and thought i'd share.
So you are trying to say Boyd had an item for sale, used one name to bid it up, then retracted the bid, then used another name to bid it back up? You really think eBay with todays technology allows him to use 3 IDs on one computer to play these games? Bidders cannot retract under 12 hours so Ill be curious to see the link to the auctions you are talking about. If it turns out to be a lie you should be tossed from the site. I have a feeling it will.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Verufian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 1,817
Default

Searching the OP's handle in eBay shows THIS

No bids on anything of boyds. I'd be posting links at this point OP.
__________________
Photobucket - http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Verufian/
KYLE SEAGER SUPER COLLECTOR!!!
Always looking for Current Mariners / Seahawks auto's.
Verufian is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.