Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Something sketchy with an ebay seller

I don't want to call anyone out without good reason to but I have never seen anything like this in my life. I needed a few PC pickups and one particular seller named bigboydsportscards3 had 3 cards that I needed. I wasn't going to be home I didn't think by the time they closed so I did my one forbidden ebay bidding rule. I bid early. It just so happened that I did make it home about 30 mins before the close of the auctions and realized all 3 of my bids were no longer the highest bids, it seemed weird to me because all my prices I put in were almost 10-25% above average sale price. There were also like 20 bids on each one with like $1 increment increases. Didn't think anything of it and figured since I needed them badly and they were rare I would give them one final shot. I refreshed the pages on all about 20 mins later to only see every single bid by the one guy had been retracted. Moral of the story is I ended up paying full price for all the items I won because another random "person" took it up to the dollar I had it and quit minutes before it closed. Seems impossible to me that on each one bids got taken up above mine, retracted, and then another "person" takes it up to the very dollar and just quits on it.

I am sorry if he is a member on this site and will remove this thread if I am just so far off base but I am a little frustrated by this and thought i'd share.
ballahollic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very well known SCHILLER!!!
fbfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Dammit you became a victim.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Man that's a shame. He is known for this type of practice.
bigcwd2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

search for any derivation of that ebay user name on BO and youll be greeted with pages upon pages of 'discussion' regarding their selling practices.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Alabamaslamma/
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

if you feel cheated, dont pay for the items. Do you have links to the auctions?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

let me go make some popcorn. Anyone want anything?
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

This seller is well-loved not only BO, but throughout the whole hobby.

Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

This seller is a douche. I would not pay for the items. I would tell him it's obvious they were shilled and you aren't paying for them
Old 11-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

BigBoydSportscards3 Shill bidding
Old 11-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
let me go make some popcorn. Anyone want anything?
I wouldn't mind an Icee! This should be good, another bigboyd thread. Lets see if he shows up and come up with some excuse.
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

maybe we'll get lucky and boyd will grace us with his presence in this thread to defend himself and his obviously honorable business practices. pisses me off so much that scum like him, pwcc, and others are allowed to operate with impunity, while we hear so many stories of honest small guys just trying to get by being shut down for bullsh!t reasons. i myself just barely got my account back up and running a few months ago to 100 items a month 5000 dollar limit for some shady undeserved dsr dings. gotta love it.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

I want to see a link to the auction that way I can see the time line in which bidders bid, retractred and then bid again to hit the winners threshold.

Post a link dammit. Time is money!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Well, he is famous in these forums.
hche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

With all the shilling I've seen happen on his part, I'd enjoy seeing a 0 feedback account snipe all his auctions with a crazy max bid and not pay.
Quigley24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Don't pay for the auctions and report him to ebay. It's not going to do anything, but maybe you can avoid a unpaid item strike, not that the unpaid item strike does much either.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I want to see a link to the auction that way I can see the time line in which bidders bid, retractred and then bid again to hit the winners threshold.

Post a link dammit. Time is money!
This......
Fraser9698 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
I don't want to call anyone out without good reason to but I have never seen anything like this in my life. I needed a few PC pickups and one particular seller named bigboydsportscards3 had 3 cards that I needed. I wasn't going to be home I didn't think by the time they closed so I did my one forbidden ebay bidding rule. I bid early. It just so happened that I did make it home about 30 mins before the close of the auctions and realized all 3 of my bids were no longer the highest bids, it seemed weird to me because all my prices I put in were almost 10-25% above average sale price. There were also like 20 bids on each one with like $1 increment increases. Didn't think anything of it and figured since I needed them badly and they were rare I would give them one final shot. I refreshed the pages on all about 20 mins later to only see every single bid by the one guy had been retracted. Moral of the story is I ended up paying full price for all the items I won because another random "person" took it up to the dollar I had it and quit minutes before it closed. Seems impossible to me that on each one bids got taken up above mine, retracted, and then another "person" takes it up to the very dollar and just quits on it.

I am sorry if he is a member on this site and will remove this thread if I am just so far off base but I am a little frustrated by this and thought i'd share.
I didn't think you could retract bids after 12 hours till the end of the auction?

My Bucket is
http://s569.photobucket.com/home/lovebrittneys
maggliofan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Yep this guy does it all the time and he is a member here. Dont pay for the items or just leave a negative feedback stating what happened and let ebay know.
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

woohoo! made it before the delete!
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

What's the reason usually when a seller retracts your bid.?
Anyone?

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbfn View Post
Very well known SCHILLER!!!
Come on man! Everyone knows he has a well established client base who is willing to overpay for his items. I mean it's common knowledge that his customers are willing to pay 10-30% more than market value just for the terrific customer service he offers and the fact that he combines shipping. He always has a perfectly good explanation and he has an open invitation for anyone to call him at any time. Jeez!

studioU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:26 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:

What's your ebay ID and/or item numbers? There were zero bid retractions on any item that ended tonight per our emails. Not really sure what your agenda is here but unless I'm missing something, nothing you say is true.
bigboyd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

So you are trying to say Boyd had an item for sale, used one name to bid it up, then retracted the bid, then used another name to bid it back up? You really think eBay with todays technology allows him to use 3 IDs on one computer to play these games? Bidders cannot retract under 12 hours so Ill be curious to see the link to the auctions you are talking about. If it turns out to be a lie you should be tossed from the site. I have a feeling it will.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #25 (permalink)

Searching the OP's handle in eBay shows THIS

No bids on anything of boyds. I'd be posting links at this point OP.
Verufian is online now   Reply With Quote