Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Want your opinion on my BGS 9.5 Kobe Chrome RC

So here is my dilemma. I see I can get about 600-700 for my kobe chrome 9.5. it has 9.5 subs all across the board. i got it raw in a lot off craigslist with a bunch of other cards for 360.00 almost a year ago. i sold the other cards off and just about got my 360 back while being able to keep the kobe chrome, a skybox le die cut kobe, and a jordan/kobe east/west refractor for the pc. the kobe was super clean i thought so i got it graded and pulled the sweet 9.5. so basically this card is pure profit if i sell.

thing is I could use the money right now. my unemployment ran out a month ago and i'm about to start a job delivering pizza part time hopefully next week, where i'll make around 250+ a week i'm hoping. it's about 600-700 a month to make my nut by living very frugally right now. i got a couple grand in the bank right now but that is going quickly.

i'm going to school full time, I got about 14 months left of school for respiratory therapy. the money from that card would be a nice little security blanket to help me make it through the next year or so to back up my sh!tty p/t job and dwindling bank account. once i graduate and get licensed next january i figure it will take about 6 months to a year to catch on full time at a hospital (hopefully less). once i start working full time i'll be making really good money, and i plan on buying a chrome kobe and restarting my kobe pc with a vengeance.

thing is do you think in the next year and a half to two a 9.5 kobe chrome will be more, the same, or less than 600-700 i could get right now. i only see kobe cards rising. i'm really torn on this issue, been kicking it around for the last month or so. i really love this card and don't want to sell.

opinions on this would be very welcome, and thanks for putting up with the long read and rambling, lol.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

The Kobe chrome hit its ceiling a long time ago. I think if anything its trending down over time. Sell it off!

Its possible it goes up. Its possible it goes down. In my opinion it has more of a chance going down than up even under the best of circumstances.

Plus if the cash is needed now, the value at which you sell it for today is worth more no matter how much it goes up tomorrow.... if that makes sense! When time is more imporant than ROI.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sell it off and finish school. Buy a BGS 10 in the future when you are gainfully employed and have fond memories of the 9.5 you used to better your situation.
phdbeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

I say sell it. If you can sell an EASY TO GET card to find some financial relief for the next few months till you can finish work, then you should.
XARZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

How are you getting that much for a 9.5? PSA 10's barely peaked over $600 during the playoffs and they get a premium.
burke23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke23 View Post
How are you getting that much for a 9.5? PSA 10's barely peaked over $600 during the playoffs and they get a premium.
only all 9.5 subs or better are getting the premium prices right now. thanks for the opinions guys was leaning towards selling. i know they are easy to get and pops will probably only go up in the next few years, but doens't make the decision any easier, lol.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
only all 9.5 subs or better are getting the premium prices right now. thanks for the opinions guys was leaning towards selling. i know they are easy to get and pops will probably only go up in the next few years, but doens't make the decision any easier, lol.
sell it all the way! good luck with the sale and getting more cash flow

PANINI = CHEAPSKATES: http://youtu.be/rsSq7QqpUto
clipperboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sell it man, don't let cards get in the way of life.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wow, I got one with 9.5s all round for about $400-odd, that seems like kinda crazy money, and as always - if real life comes a callin, get rid of cards to pay for it. If you're hungry and cold you can't eat a Kobe Chrome...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Maybe I am in the minority here...

I would never let cardboard get in the way of real life. I would sell every card I own if I needed money. You cant let cardboard prevent you from getting things you need.

Hope things work out

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

thing is i can probably get by without selling it off. i'm just mainly wondering if i could use it as a loan for now i guess, and then buy another one once i'm working for the same price. no doubt it would make it easier having a extra 600 or so in my pocket, but i don't want to regret selling if it's gonna cost me more to buy one later and i really didn't need to sell it, if that makes any sense?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Maybe I am in the minority here...

I would never let cardboard get in the way of real life. I would sell every card I own if I needed money. You cant let cardboard prevent you from getting things you need.

Hope things work out
You are correct. Real life comes way before basketball cards. I wouldn't even have to question selling the Kobe if I was in his situation.
jr24ai3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
thing is i can probably get by without selling it off. i'm just mainly wondering if i could use it as a loan for now i guess, and then buy another one once i'm working for the same price. no doubt it would make it easier having a extra 600 or so in my pocket, but i don't want to regret selling if it's gonna cost me more to buy one later and i really didn't need to sell it, if that makes any sense?
If you keep the card you will be stressing out over money and paying bills. I can't see how its worth it. Just sell it and move on. Once you get your job next year you will have plenty of money to buy cards.
jr24ai3 is online now   Reply With Quote