Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How much you guys think this is worth?

Bought this and think I did OK? Actully thought it would sell a bit higher than I paid but maybe I am wrong. I usually don't like people asking these but this is a RC year patch and I know he is hurt but I am not sure what it shoudl be worth? And don't say it is worth what ever someone will pay, but opinions are welcome.
It is FS or FT

My Bucket is
http://s569.photobucket.com/home/lovebrittneys
maggliofan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Been on 20 min and only one person looked at this? really thought I would get some help before now

My Bucket is
Old 11-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jin

Around $20-50

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggliofan01 View Post
Been on 20 min and only one person looked at this? really thought I would get some help before now
Actually according to the time frame on here it was 12 minutes.

6:28 posted, your response at 6:40
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well, unless I'm mistaken, you won it on eBay a week ago at auction for $30, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's it's worth $30.

10 11 Prestige John Wall RC 4 Color Patch 01 10 Sweet First One Made | eBay
WillC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Id devalue it at 20 since you won it.
saketm92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

i would assume whatever the second highest bid was is what it would be worth, since your bid would not exist if it was resold.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
Well, unless I'm mistaken, you won it on eBay a week ago at auction for $30, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's it's worth $30.

Hahahahaha, there is some crazy crap going on tonight on the boards, must be a full moon.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah I think I recall buying and what I paid for it. I seriously think I did ok? I am looking for serious answers

Quote:

My Bucket is
Old 11-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I think I recall buying and what I paid for it. I seriously think I did ok? I am looking for serious answers
That looks like a serious answer to me. How obnoxious are these threads asking for a value of a card the person JUST won on the open market and the biggest marketplace for cards (ebay)?

If you're looking for more than you paid, you'll have to put it on BIN/BO and hope for something a bit higher.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Hahahahaha, there is some crazy crap going on tonight on the boards, must be a full moon.
I forgot about all the dumb ass people on here! Some of which I have delt with and been nice and some that will go in the ignore list. This is why I quit coming here as often as I used to - this is a site about cards and I always hate this type of question but this is a case where I thought I really got a decent deal. But people come one here to see if they can be more of a prick than the other guy

My Bucket is
Old 11-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
That looks like a serious answer to me. How obnoxious are these threads asking for a value of a card the person JUST won on the open market and the biggest marketplace for cards (ebay)?

If you're looking for more than you paid, you'll have to put it on BIN/BO and hope for something a bit higher.
I know how obnoxious these threads are - and dont like them either actually but thought I slipped one through and wanted honest opinions. And that was not a serious answer sorry. I did win it and know what I won it at but that don't exactly mean that is what a card is worth. I have won cards and sold them here for a profit the same week, I just feel like this is worth a bit more than I paid, and wondered others opinions. That's it! I hate all the people on here that try to act like that. This is suppose to be a place people can come and talk about things. I have been a member a very long time and it just keeps getting worse!

My Bucket is
Old 11-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Magglio, I can give you an honest local DC/MD answer...my LCS is about a 20 minute drive from the stadium...no one is asking for Wall or even Beal at the moment..with Wall hurt, and not living up to #1 Pick status yet, his stuff can be had for pretty cheap..the fact that it is #'d 1/10 and a 4-color may get a $40 sale here locally on it...but he's ice cold right now...as a fan I'm hoping he heats up when he comes back..if Beal and him can pull off 35-38 wins (0-5now as of ten minutes ago) and they end the season with some excitement, I'd think you'd have a $50-60 card entering next season..but with the Wizards, that's asking a lot. It's definitely worth every bit of the $30 you paid in my opinion---Matt
Mattsurewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsurewood View Post
Magglio, I can give you an honest local DC/MD answer...my LCS is about a 20 minute drive from the stadium...no one is asking for Wall or even Beal at the moment..with Wall hurt, and not living up to #1 Pick status yet, his stuff can be had for pretty cheap..the fact that it is #'d 1/10 and a 4-color may get a $40 sale here locally on it...but he's ice cold right now...as a fan I'm hoping he heats up when he comes back..if Beal and him can pull off 35-38 wins (0-5now as of ten minutes ago) and they end the season with some excitement, I'd think you'd have a $50-60 card entering next season..but with the Wizards, that's asking a lot. It's definitely worth every bit of the $30 you paid in my opinion---Matt
Wow! THANK YOU! atleast 1 person with class.

My Bucket is
Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

I don't think there is anything wrong with your thread and it amazes me how dumb some of the commentors are. That being said its worth about what you paid for it now, but I think its a good buy because his value will be at its lowest on a bad team when he is hurt, so I'd hold it now and one day later in the season you could see $40-50
dasiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow! THANK YOU! atleast 1 person with class.
The way you respond to others shows you have NO CLASS. Also saying its been 20 minutes and no one has looked at your post makes you look like an ass.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
The way you respond to others shows you have NO CLASS. Also saying its been 20 minutes and no one has looked at your post makes you look like an ass.
You saying anything at all shows you have NO CLASS either so that makes us even!! I have never seen it that slow for someone to respond. Just an observation. And my comments were resposes to a few people being rude and trolls of this board!

My Bucket is
Old 11-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #18 (permalink)

Nobody was being rude to you.

My post in this thread was serious. You won it for $30 on the open market. I honestly can't think of a fairer way of judging a card's worth than seeing what it sells for on the open market.

Also, I found it very strange that you started this thread without mentioning that you won the card just a week earlier on eBay.

Now, if you'd won the card for a BIN price within minutes of it being listed, then perhaps you'd have a genuine reason to start this thread, since it's likely that you would have got yourself a bargain.

Instead, this thread seems completely bizarre. You know full well what the card is worth, since you won just a week ago!

You seem like normal and fair person, and you've admitted yourself that you don't usually start threads like this because they're annoying, so did you honestly expect everyone to jump at the chance to help you find the value of this card?

Ironically, that's exactly what I did. I used my own free time and went onto eBay to research sale prices to help you value the card. Then I realised I'd completely wasted my time since you had won the card yourself just a week ago.

So, instead of moaning about the members of this message board, perhaps you should stop wasting our time?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

If wall wasnt hurt and putting up numbers like a #1 pick, that card would easily be $150-$200 in my opinion. I think you got a sweet deal on it if you were hoping to hold it for a while till he shows some signs of excitement.

OTher than that, dont listen to half the people in this thread. If you offer them $40 for something they paid $40 for, they will cry and moan about how you are lowballing them. Yet they have the nads to pull the same stunt when someone like you asks a question. The bkb boards are like a social gang. You say something one doesnt like, and they form a posse and try and bully you. Happens everywhere.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hey, I think you got a pretty damn good deal for $30 if you plan on holding for a bit. Sweet pickup!
Dwade Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Nobody was being rude to you.

My post in this thread was serious. You won it for $30 on the open market. I honestly can't think of a fairer way of judging a card's worth than seeing what it sells for on the open market.

Also, I found it very strange that you started this thread without mentioning that you won the card just a week earlier on eBay.

Now, if you'd won the card for a BIN price within minutes of it being listed, then perhaps you'd have a genuine reason to start this thread, since it's likely that you would have got yourself a bargain.

Instead, this thread seems completely bizarre. You know full well what the card is worth, since you won just a week ago!

You seem like normal and fair person, and you've admitted yourself that you don't usually start threads like this because they're annoying, so did you honestly expect everyone to jump at the chance to help you find the value of this card?

Ironically, that's exactly what I did. I used my own free time and went onto eBay to research sale prices to help you value the card. Then I realised I'd completely wasted my time since you had won the card yourself just a week ago.

So, instead of moaning about the members of this message board, perhaps you should stop wasting our time?
I understand your point - I really do but have you never bought a card that is RARE as this one is and thought you got a deal? That is all that I was asking - I do appriciate that you went out of your way to go look it up. There have been many times I have bought things on EBAY and came here and sold them for better prices and I just wanted someone to fairly tell me what they thought. Thanks for your time.

My Bucket is
Old 11-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
If wall wasnt hurt and putting up numbers like a #1 pick, that card would easily be $150-$200 in my opinion. I think you got a sweet deal on it if you were hoping to hold it for a while till he shows some signs of excitement.

OTher than that, dont listen to half the people in this thread. If you offer them $40 for something they paid $40 for, they will cry and moan about how you are lowballing them. Yet they have the nads to pull the same stunt when someone like you asks a question. The bkb boards are like a social gang. You say something one doesnt like, and they form a posse and try and bully you. Happens everywhere.
It don' bother me, I been here a long time and know how it is! I really think I will hold on to it and see what happends.

My Bucket is
Old 11-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand your point - I really do but have you never bought a card that is RARE as this one is and thought you got a deal? That is all that I was asking - I do appriciate that you went out of your way to go look it up. There have been many times I have bought things on EBAY and came here and sold them for better prices and I just wanted someone to fairly tell me what they thought. Thanks for your time.
Yes, I have got a good deal on eBay (even at auction) many times and been able to make a profit.

However, in your opening post, I think it would have been more honest of you to admit that you won the card on eBay just last week, and to ask people what they think you might be able to get for the card i) if you re-list it, or ii) when Wall returns from injury.

Otherwise, the painfully obvious answer to your question is "$30".

Meanwhile, this thread just looks like an attempt to publicise the card to potential buyers. There is a separate forum for that.

Anyway, none of this is a big deal. Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

Yeah I know there is a place to sell, I just honestly wanted opinions. That's all. Not trying to publicize the card.

Quote:
Yes, I have got a good deal on eBay (even at auction) many times and been able to make a profit.

However, in your opening post, I think it would have been more honest of you to admit that you won the card on eBay just last week, and to ask people what they think you might be able to get for the card i) if you re-list it, or ii) when Wall returns from injury.

Otherwise, the painfully obvious answer to your question is "$30".

Meanwhile, this thread just looks like an attempt to publicise the card to potential buyers. There is a separate forum for that.

Anyway, none of this is a big deal. Good luck with the sale.

My Bucket is
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
My thoughts exactly!.....

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote