Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Has the team missed him?

Fire him.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #27 (permalink)

That is like calling a "special ed" person retarted and blaming them for their situation. People need to grow up. He's not choosing to be sketched out all the time, it is part of his brain.
RandysHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Has the team missed him?

Fire him.
Really? You are so ignorant aren't you? He is owed a ton of money which should be enough for them to give him a chance, plus the potential the kid has. The Rockets and Royce need to sit down and figure this out. He has a disorder and needs help, and he is advocating for himself. If you have a problem, you just sit and suffer or do you do something about it?

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Has the team missed him?

Fire him.
Such a heartless, thoughtless, ignorant person.

You have no clue what he is dealing with, so why comment like that. If he had a non-mental disease, I doubt you would say that.

Fact is, he's there first round pick, with high upside. They knew EXACTLY what they were getting in to when they drafted him.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
Really? You are so ignorant aren't you? He is owed a ton of money which should be enough for them to give him a chance, plus the potential the kid has. The Rockets and Royce need to sit down and figure this out. He has a disorder and needs help, and he is advocating for himself. If you have a problem, you just sit and suffer or do you do something about it?
The Rockets don't owe him anything. If he refuses to show up for work (and scheduled therapy sessions), he should have his contract voided. In the real world, everyone isn't cut out for everything. If the Rockets want him, they apparently need to work with him. If they don't, they aren't inherently evil for cutting someone who is refusing to report for work. Having a disability or disorder doesn't give you an automatic pass to hold your employer at ransom.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
The Rockets don't owe him anything. If he refuses to show up for work (and scheduled therapy sessions), he should have his contract voided. In the real world, everyone isn't cut out for everything. If the Rockets want him, they apparently need to work with him. If they don't, they aren't inherently evil for cutting someone who is refusing to report for work. Having a disability or disorder doesn't give you an automatic pass to hold your employer at ransom.
he's holding his employer at ransom?

are you serious?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
he's holding his employer at ransom?

are you serious?
What would you call refusing to show up for work or therapy sessions unless they do things on his terms?
Old 11-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
What would you call refusing to show up for work or therapy sessions unless they do things on his terms?
What would you call drafting a guy saying you are going to work with his disability and then not?
Old 11-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
What would you call drafting a guy saying you are going to work with his disability and then not?
BOTH sides are in the wrong, honestly both should just agree to part ways, I dont see the situation improving now.
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Haven't they let him take a bus to games? Haven't they scheduled therapy sessions with a psychiatrist at Baylor? How are they not working with him? And we've been over this before, employees serve the employer. If you don't show up for work, that's non-performance and they can cut him. It's in his contract.

So far he's held out during training camp and started out behind everyone else. His coaches say he's not ready to contribute at the NBA level yet. He doesn't like that he's not playing and/or is on the verge of being sent to the D-League, and he doesn't like the doctor at Baylor. So he stopped showing up (again). He mocked the guy on Twitter, too. How exactly is he working with the team paying him millions of dollars to play basketball?
Old 11-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Haven't they let him take a bus to games? Haven't they scheduled therapy sessions with a psychiatrist at Baylor? How are they not working with him? And we've been over this before, employees serve the employer. If you don't show up for work, that's non-performance and they can cut him. It's in his contract.

So far he's held out during training camp and started out behind everyone else. His coaches say he's not ready to contribute at the NBA level yet. He doesn't like that he's not playing and/or is on the verge of being sent to the D-League, and he doesn't like the doctor at Baylor. He mocked the guy on Twitter. How exactly is he working with the team paying him millions of dollars to play basketball?
Still waiting to see his contract? Isn't there a thing as a verbal contract Dr.?

Yes White is the only one to blame in this situation.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdagoodstuff View Post
Unfortunately we have a rather huge abundance of ignorance in our society. People like that post the stuff they do out of pure ignorance and to make themselves feel better about themselves in some capacity. Their own insecurities are just lashing out that's all

For him to come out and talk about it putting it on the publuc eye makes him strong actually, and not a b1tch as one of the real einsteins on there referred to him as. It's a tough condition. I'd almost like to see each and every one of them have to expierence it on an everyday basis to see what it's truly like. The ironic part is, odds are most of them could not handle it.
Twitter, message boards, etc. give people all the power in the world to express ignorance yet stay behind the curtain, so to speak.

Yes, it's sad.

And where people come off thinking Royce is just trying to be "picky"?

Yeah, opting for a grueling 15-hour bus or car ride to a game instead of a 4-hour ride on a private team jet is what he WANTS. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And money has nothing to do with it either. Like suggested earlier the Rockets knew what they were getting into.

Millions of dollars will not make conditions like he has just magically disappear.

Last edited by Zacky1053; 11-16-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Still waiting to see his contract? Isn't there a thing as a verbal contract Dr.?

Yes White is the only one to blame in this situation.

You just don't get it man. But I'll answer your questions...

Non-performance is a universal form of breach. It's in his contract. I already showed you a standard NBA contract, but you dismissed that because you like to create your own reality. Yes, there are verbal contracts, but that's irrelevant here. Once he signed the contract, I'm fairly confident anything not explicit in the written contract is not part of the contract. The fact that they can fine him for not showing up is proof that White is in the wrong.

How about you stop ducking direct questions? How are the Rockets not working with White and why shouldn't they be able to void his contract if he doesn't show up?

They took a chance on the guy, and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. From everything that's been written, it seems to me that the Rockets have been more than accommodating to his needs. Just because the guy has a disorder doesn't excuse his behavior. You have to show up, and you shouldn't take to Twitter to talk down about the doctor the team hired to help. All he has to do is show up for team events and scheduled therapy sessions. If he doesn't like the doctor, ask the team to get someone else, don't go on Twitter and ridicule the guy. Seems like reasonable requests for a couple million bucks. But what do I know?
Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #39 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Such a heartless, thoughtless, ignorant person.

You have no clue what he is dealing with, so why comment like that. If he had a non-mental disease, I doubt you would say that.

Fact is, he's there first round pick, with high upside. They knew EXACTLY what they were getting in to when they drafted him.
I know exactly what he is dealing with.

Employer made a poor choice in their hiring process. The Rockets should fire their talent scout.

The Rockets have cause to void the contract and they should.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

That's a lot of nonsense. Do you seriously think white is the sole person to blame?

Clearly the rockets haven't been doing what they said they would. No where does it say otherwise. You just assume that because you are ignorant like everyone else that posted on twitter. Congratulations!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
I know exactly what he is dealing with.

Employer made a poor choice in their hiring process. The Rockets should fire their talent scout.

The Rockets have cause to void the contract and they should.
I get what you're saying but I think it's wrong to say that Royce is the villian here (I'm pretty sure that's NOT what you're saying but others are).

I guess it's easy for fans to blame him as long as he's under contract with Houston, but I still think many of the people bashing him (especially on the Twitter feed) are completely out of line.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
I get what you're saying but I think it's wrong to say that Royce is the villian here (I'm pretty sure that's NOT what you're saying but others are).

I guess it's easy to blame him as long as he's under contract with Houston but I still think many of the people bashing him (especially on the Twitter feed) are completely out of line.
There isn't a villian in the situation.

I'm simply saying that two entities have a written contract. One party has breached said contract and thus the other party has cause to void it.

Employment law prohibits an employer with more than 15 employees from discriminating against a qualified disabled individual. I would contest that this individual is qualified for the job.

Last edited by fullmetal; 11-16-2012 at 02:08 PM.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
There isn't a villian in the situation.

I'm simply saying that two entities have a written contract. One party has breached said contract and thus the other party has cause to void it.
Winner.

/thread
Old 11-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

This isn't a strict question about the legality of his written contract.

You can't just analyze something in strict terms when you actually don't know the facts. It's quite ignorant.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:

You can't just analyze something in strict terms when you actually don't know the facts. It's quite ignorant.
Winner.

/thread
Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:

I agree with your morality statements, but in terms of the law and this situation; legally it is cut and dry.

The employer must provide accomodations, which they have. They appear to have gone above and beyond to accomodate. At a point the business must make a business decision and should they care to terminate they have cause.

He can use his degree for employment that isn't centered around aircraft.

I hate needles. I have such extreme OCD/anxiety that panic overwhelms me. Panic disorders are extremely common and I know quite a bit about my own.

I believe I would make an excellent doctor. I have a minor in biology and enjoy the subject (I'm an information junky. I want to learn about everything and as much as possible), but I knew better than to choose that route for a career.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #47 (permalink)

The real question is... why does someone with an anxiety disorder have a twitter account in the first place??
garyg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #48 (permalink)

Royce White's battle with Rockets over anxiety disorder could cost him NBA career - Yahoo! Sports

Looks like the Houston Rockets were more than just accommodating his needs, White is the one who isn't making good performances on his end. I even received the ESPN NBA text about this issue, looks like it's gonna be resolved with White getting cut or White fulfilling his end of the deal
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

How did he make it through a college season, tryouts and interviews?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
How did he make it through a college season, tryouts and interviews?
Are we Royce White? No. Do you know Royce White? No.
So just stop already because we get it. Your a smart guy and everyone else is below you.