Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
Are we Royce White? No. Do you know Royce White? No.
So just stop already because we get it. You're a smart guy and everyone else is below you.
Were you intending to quote me? My questions were honest questions. Does anyone know? Did he drive to college games? Did he drive to NBA interviews?

No sarcasm in my questions.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
BeingJustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boonies
Posts: 2,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Were you intending to quote me? My questions were honest questions. Does anyone know? Did he drive to college games? Did he drive to NBA interviews?

No sarcasm in my questions.
Facts.

Does it really matter? Is it going to change your overall negative outlook on him? No, it's not. It's just a topic for you to nit pick with a overall conclusion that you are better. It's just you. I'm sure I'm not the first to bring light on that subject.
__________________
Pİ: Eric Bledsoe & Evan Turner
Buİket: http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd493/BeingJustin5/
BeingJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
Facts.

Does it really matter? Is it going to change your overall negative outlook on him? No, it's not. It's just a topic for you to nit pick with a overall conclusion that you are better. It's just you. I'm sure I'm not the first to bring light on that subject.
That time of the month?

Why the negative attitude?

Yes, it does matter. Do your cards matter? No, they do not.

Who made you the authority for what matters? Last time I checked, the world didn't revolve around you.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
BeingJustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boonies
Posts: 2,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
That time of the month?

Why the negative attitude?

Yes, it does matter. Do your cards matter? No, they do not.

Who made you the authority for what matters? Last time I checked, the world didn't revolve around you.
Hahaha, your soft spot has been exposed.

Am I being negative? Not at all, maybe just to you.
You came in here with your chest pumped out, rattling peoples feathers with your negative outlook on Royce White and now say it matters as to who he was before he got drafted. Either drive straight or stick to making left & rights.
__________________
Pİ: Eric Bledsoe & Evan Turner
Buİket: http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd493/BeingJustin5/
BeingJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,492
Default

Hey smart ass:

Most teams in the NBA would never give White this kind of special treatment. "He isn't good enough – and I'm not sure anyone would be good enough – to have a completely different set of guidelines for him," one GM told me. "I would've already cut him."

Royce White's battle with Rockets over anxiety disorder could cost him NBA career - Yahoo! Sports

Beer exposed my soft spot, not you.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 331
Default

it seems as if this player has decided to reject another dleague assignment.
Ironcourtcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Sauceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 2,071
Default

This CLOWN is a joke. I would be happy never hearing his name again. Cut him now for the love of god.
__________________
Collecting Running Back Autos and Patches, KOBE!, Yankees, Spurs, and G-Men!
Sauceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Why is there no facts out there on this situation?

Everything is he said she said and top secret. I honestly think both parties are at fault but it would be nice to actually here the truth of what is going on.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 331
Default

I feel for his illness, given family members with the same issues but many went ahead with thier lives, made the best out of it and worked hard. It takes self will pressure. I wonder if the Rockets came out and said, Royce we will buy you a bus, a driver and we will hire anyone you want and whoever you want. But you still go to the dleague, is that ok? I say he says no. The fact is, he just cannot accept going to the dleague, wendys will then become a luxury. lol

My point is, he should have handled this internally and not use social media to shame himself. Again, this is nothing against his illness, but too bad they cant just cut him or else he sue and have a ton of symphatizers behind him
Ironcourtcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcourtcards View Post
I feel for his illness, given family members with the same issues but many went ahead with thier lives, made the best out of it and worked hard. It takes self will pressure. I wonder if the Rockets came out and said, Royce we will buy you a bus, a driver and we will hire anyone you want and whoever you want. But you still go to the dleague, is that ok? I say he says no. The fact is, he just cannot accept going to the dleague, wendys will then become a luxury. lol

My point is, he should have handled this internally and not use social media to shame himself. Again, this is nothing against his illness, but too bad they cant just cut him or else he sue and have a ton of symphatizers behind him
the question is whether they tried to do it internally and that wasn't working.

the rockets seem refuse to respond to anything which is a little fishy.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
the question is whether they tried to do it internally and that wasn't working.

the rockets seem refuse to respond to anything which is a little fishy.
I am sure they might have messed up somewhere along the way, its not everyday they have to deal with something like this and honestly, their management sucks.

Until all the stories come out, hes making it worse on himself by doing this. even if its the truth.

at the end of the day, for me personally, its a business, hes not good for business and hes costing money. I say suck it up, work it out but make progress. i heard he clubs alot and goes around "with an NBA" high persona when meeting girls and living the life...again, all rumours from the internet.
Ironcourtcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
gamboooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 4,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
the question is whether they tried to do it internally and that wasn't working.

the rockets seem refuse to respond to anything which is a little fishy.
Or it could be, legally, they aren't allowed to discuss his treatment out in the open. Why would a team draft someone and then get in their own way when it comes to developing him as a prospect? I know it's hard for you, but use some common sense. The dude is hiding behind his illness and wants to be a martyr. People with mental illnesses can still be jerks.

And the reference to the school shootings in his official statement is absolutely ridiculous. Just the icing on the cake at this point.
__________________
When I post a price, I will not respond if you ask for a "best price" of if I "can do any better." If you want a better price than the one posted, please counter-offer.
My PhotoBucket: http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/gamboooler/library/
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
IowaCubs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,512
Default

Went to college with him at Iowa state. Really good player....top ten pick if he didn't have anxiety. Wish him the best...
__________________
Collecting CHIEFS, Royals, Cubs, Iowa!!!

Also Collecting: Yordano Ventura Autos, Color!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 1,513
Default

Royce should have someone that he trusts, drive him to every game. Like his Mom or a family member, he should give that person $100,000.00 per year to do so. Also buy a car like a bullet proof Hummer H1, with GPS and run flat tires. Inside of his tricked out West Coast Customs H1, should be another bullet proof bubble filled with clean cash, that he can chill in untill he arrives to each game (think the Bubble Boy.) Thats what I would do if I were the Rockets for Royce, b/c then what would he have to worry about? Oh thats right, playing time which he would get zero of (and he probably knows it) He looked undersized and overweight in the Summer League, I think he knows that he would be a bust (3rd or 4th PF off the bench for the Rockets) in the NBA, behind guys like Patrick Patterson. Marcus Morris, Terrecne Jones= Royce White is screwed for PT.

Last edited by puregreen5; 12-30-2012 at 10:32 PM.
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #65 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
Or it could be, legally, they aren't allowed to discuss his treatment out in the open. Why would a team draft someone and then get in their own way when it comes to developing him as a prospect? I know it's hard for you, but use some common sense. The dude is hiding behind his illness and wants to be a martyr. People with mental illnesses can still be jerks.

And the reference to the school shootings in his official statement is absolutely ridiculous. Just the icing on the cake at this point.
Someone have a bad day?

So why can't they make any type of statement?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
gamboooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 4,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Someone have a bad day?

So why can't they make any type of statement?
They can't say anything specific about his treatment or medical history... so, what do you want them to say?
__________________
When I post a price, I will not respond if you ask for a "best price" of if I "can do any better." If you want a better price than the one posted, please counter-offer.
My PhotoBucket: http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/gamboooler/library/
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:22 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
WillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
And the reference to the school shootings in his official statement is absolutely ridiculous. Just the icing on the cake at this point.
I feel sorry for Royce White and I wish him the best of luck with his career.

However, playing the Sandy Hook card was a strange thing to do and did him no favours at all.
WillC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
dasiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11,682
Default

I feel really bad for this guy. People who don't know about or understand mental disorders think its just all bs or that you have to be crazy if you have it. From some personal experience and lots of friends and acquaintances who have opened up, some of the most "norma" functional people have a bizarre issue; they can't fly, they can't drive, they can't leave a room without washing their hands, they can't stop obsessing about something that most people wouldn't think twice about, they hate their bodies in some strange way or an unimportant feature like their jaw or elbows. It's normal stuff as humans to have these weird mental blocks or random fears and anxieties and some last a lifetime. There is treatment but its hard, not a guaranteed cure and some things people can't help because they formed when they weren't old enough to do anything about it.

I think Royce's problem is that he's blaming other things like communication with the team and crap like that. He doesn't come off as gratful or appreciative. I'm sure the team is treating him like a king, paying for any treatment that could possibly help and being very patient with a 1st rounder who hasn't played a game. He needs to understand that unfortunately the world isn't sympathetic to his issues and the Rockets are doing more than most people/teams would.
__________________
Essentially my bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/dasiegel
dasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Carribean
Posts: 2,426
Default

i say he should quit basketball, his turning into a primadonna now.what a waste of pick by houston.
benz35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
WillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I feel really bad for this guy. People who don't know about or understand mental disorders think its just all bs or that you have to be crazy if you have it. From some personal experience and lots of friends and acquaintances who have opened up, some of the most "norma" functional people have a bizarre issue; they can't fly, they can't drive, they can't leave a room without washing their hands, they can't stop obsessing about something that most people wouldn't think twice about, they hate their bodies in some strange way or an unimportant feature like their jaw or elbows. It's normal stuff as humans to have these weird mental blocks or random fears and anxieties and some last a lifetime. There is treatment but its hard, not a guaranteed cure and some things people can't help because they formed when they weren't old enough to do anything about it.

I think Royce's problem is that he's blaming other things like communication with the team and crap like that. He doesn't come off as gratful or appreciative. I'm sure the team is treating him like a king, paying for any treatment that could possibly help and being very patient with a 1st rounder who hasn't played a game. He needs to understand that unfortunately the world isn't sympathetic to his issues and the Rockets are doing more than most people/teams would.
Excellent post.
WillC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz35 View Post
i say he should quit basketball, his turning into a primadonna now.what a waste of pick by houston.
This seems like a vey immature post from someone who doesn't understand how severe a mental illness an affect someone's life.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #72 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I feel really bad for this guy. People who don't know about or understand mental disorders think its just all bs or that you have to be crazy if you have it. From some personal experience and lots of friends and acquaintances who have opened up, some of the most "norma" functional people have a bizarre issue; they can't fly, they can't drive, they can't leave a room without washing their hands, they can't stop obsessing about something that most people wouldn't think twice about, they hate their bodies in some strange way or an unimportant feature like their jaw or elbows. It's normal stuff as humans to have these weird mental blocks or random fears and anxieties and some last a lifetime. There is treatment but its hard, not a guaranteed cure and some things people can't help because they formed when they weren't old enough to do anything about it.

I think Royce's problem is that he's blaming other things like communication with the team and crap like that. He doesn't come off as gratful or appreciative. I'm sure the team is treating him like a king, paying for any treatment that could possibly help and being very patient with a 1st rounder who hasn't played a game. He needs to understand that unfortunately the world isn't sympathetic to his issues and the Rockets are doing more than most people/teams would.
I agree with this.

It would be interesting to know what the team is actually doing though. I think we can assume they are going all in but no one knows for sure except them and royce. Yet somewhere something is breaking down.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #73 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,242
Default

Millions of people suffer some kind of anxiety disorder. The fear and panic they live with is horrible. They need all the kindness, help, and prayers we can give them.
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Carribean
Posts: 2,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
This seems like a vey immature post from someone who doesn't understand how severe a mental illness an affect someone's life.
This is the NBA, its a business after all, I was very sympathetic with him in the earlier months, I believe the Rockets organization is doing its best with his current situation and kept turning down their help.(specialist, league etc)

He should either quit or prove in the nba that he has game and should be treated like a queen by his org. Otherwise, Rockets is banking on some Bust player
benz35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Has the team missed him?

Fire him.
The American's with Disabilities Act says you can't.
__________________
:turkey: :turkey: :turkey:
bradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright İ 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.