Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #76 (permalink)
Banned

People can't keep their mouths shut. Smh to them...
KyGuy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #77 (permalink)

He doesn't need to play basketball, he can find another job he can excel at.
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
Excellent post.
Thanks for the Props, As murrke said it would be interesting to see what they are doing for him. I hope they are sending him to the top guys. I hope he realizes the opportunity he has and does everythign he can to work toward getting better. I think he has to at least try or its his fault. If he tries and can't beat it, consider it like a guy who couldn't recover from a career ending injury and I'll give him the pass.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #79 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

He can go back to petty thievery.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #80 (permalink)

This guy should be locked up in a group home. No meds can help these nut jobs. He is a liability and a danger to those around him.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #81 (permalink)
Inactive Account

The Rockets organization needs to take his disorder more seriously. Treat him just as a player with a physical injury. Give him any help that he needs before he goes batsh*t insane. But I also have a feeling that he'd be out there playing if the kept him on the NBA roster. Sometimes it seems as if he's using his disorder as an excuse to get out of playing in the D-League.
robertr1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertr1105 View Post
The Rockets organization needs to take his disorder more seriously. Treat him just as a player with a physical injury. Give him any help that he needs before he goes batsh*t insane. But I also have a feeling that he'd be out there playing if the kept him on the NBA roster. Sometimes it seems as if he's using his disorder as an excuse to get out of playing in the D-League.
Thats exactly what it is. He feels...... ENTITLED Pathetic how the people in this thread make excuses for him. He sure showed up to college for his free ride. Had no problem hiring an agent and signing a contract. Now do as your employer says and honor your contract. Its that simple
Old 12-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Thats exactly what it is. He feels...... ENTITLED Pathetic how the people in this thread make excuses for him. He sure showed up to college for his free ride. Had no problem hiring an agent and signing a contract. Now do as your employer says and honor your contract. Its that simple
To his defense, even the Rockets admit they aren't listening to the doctors they agreed to hire for him. I think they realize it may be a lost cause, so they are trying to squeeze everything they can from a sunk cost.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
This guy should be locked up in a group home. No meds can help these nut jobs. He is a liability and a danger to those around him.
ignore list.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #85 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
ignore list.
I love it
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
Thanks for the Props, As murrke said it would be interesting to see what they are doing for him. I hope they are sending him to the top guys. I hope he realizes the opportunity he has and does everythign he can to work toward getting better. I think he has to at least try or its his fault. If he tries and can't beat it, consider it like a guy who couldn't recover from a career ending injury and I'll give him the pass.
Many good posts by you in this thread.

I think its his fault regardless. I have a lot of compassion for anyone dealing with anxiety issues, but it is a part of who they are.

If he doesn't try, it could be very well because he is so petrified to try that he can barely move. There are people who are housebound their entire life and never try to get better. But try in this context is actually trying per their definition. Trying sometimes is not even a viable term. If it was so easy as to go to a doctor over and over looking for solutions to get better, I would know hundreds of people who have recovered. Needless to say I know hundreds of people who have went to no one, and didn't try, yet got better.

Its a matter of the mind and I wish him the very best. Who knows if he is putting on a song or dance and using his disability as a crutch. Nothing I have read is clear of that, so not for a second would I try to say he is. Until you have stepped into his head for a second you will truly never know.

If you lack compassion for people who are squandering opportunities for whatever reason, I can respect that. But to call them names and act like you know what is going on with them is flat out stupid and ignorant
Old 12-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
If he tries and can't beat it, consider it like a guy who couldn't recover from a career ending injury and I'll give him the pass.
And to touch on this. I know many people with such debilitative psychological disorders, that they can't really "try" to recover from it.

To go a step further, these are often people that to the layman, one would think they aren't trying. Its simply just an impossible fix. Anyone who has a severe addiction knows of this feeling.

Oh, happy New Year to everyone!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #88 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

This dude needs to take his medicine and get on the plane or give the Rockets their money back and go get a job where he doesn't have to fly.

I have a job where I have to travel by plane every month, if I told them I refuse to fly because I have an anxiety disorder, they would tell me to go get another job.

In the NBA, air travel is part of the job, if you can't handle what comes with that job, go away and do something you're willing to do. He knew this before he signed up for the draft, he's just after a quick pay day.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
ignore list.
Coming from a guy who should have been banned from this site I prefer you do ignore me. Imagine how many ignore lists you are on after your treatment of your buyers? Talk about a true dirtbag as it pertains to this forum.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
I love it
Our resident hypochondriac above.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #91 (permalink)
Banned

Royce should have someone that he trusts, drive him to every game. Like his Mom or a family member, he should give that person $100,000.00 per year to do so. Also buy a car like a bullet proof Hummer H1, with GPS and run flat tires. Inside of his tricked out West Coast Customs H1, should be another bullet proof bubble filled with clean cash, that he can chill in untill he arrives to each game (think the Bubble Boy.) Thats what I would do if I were the Rockets for Royce, b/c then what would he have to worry about? Oh thats right, playing time which he would get zero of (and he probably knows it) He looked undersized and overweight in the Summer League, I think he knows that he would be a bust (3rd or 4th PF off the bench for the Rockets) in the NBA, behind guys like Patrick Patterson. Marcus Morris, Terrecne Jones= Royce White is screwed for PT.
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Another very immature post from someone who's is either just a hateful person or has absolutely no knowledge about mental illnesses. Smh.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #93 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Our resident hypochondriac above.
Now i hope you get what i had....x10
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote