Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/)
-   -   Royce White receiving nasty tweets regarding situation in Houston... (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/398654-royce-white-receiving-nasty-tweets-regarding-situation-houston.html)

CP3toOKC 11-14-2012 07:34 PM

Royce White receiving nasty tweets regarding situation in Houston...

[url=http://hoopshype.com/blogs/sierra/nasty-tweets-royce-white-is-receiving]HoopsHype - Nasty tweets Royce White is receiving[/url]

BEWARE, those tweets are seriously harsh. Feel bad for the man, but getting paid millions must be worth overcoming his anxiety of flying. Either way he knew he must overcome that phobia some day to demonstrate his potential in the NBA.

murrke03 11-14-2012 07:37 PM

the stupidity people tweet shocks me sometimes.

drob50 11-14-2012 07:39 PM

I hate people sometimes!

dayrider1973 11-14-2012 07:40 PM

Is this really his twitter account?

avjp87 11-14-2012 07:48 PM

who the hell is royce white?

avjp87 11-14-2012 07:51 PM

I know who he is now

is he serious??

nateadams2 11-14-2012 07:52 PM

wow. some of those people need to be punched in the mouth. the dude has a disorder. He may be using that to manipulate to some extent, but he has been diagnosed. he's not making it up. Most of the stuff they are saying is just stupid and uncalled for.

hairyangryfella 11-14-2012 08:19 PM

I'm not gonna comment on the player or the situation, just at how hilarious it is that one of the comments trying to defend the player uses the players own twitter handle as 'one of the bad guys'....

IowaCubs1 11-15-2012 01:02 PM

I have anxiety and all of the people bashing him are complete morons. Educate yourself. You don't bring it upon yourself or for publicity. The rockets were not helping him. He wants to face it at the front end so he doesn't have to wait until it is really bad. The rockets demoted him and fined him 15k. People are telling him to go kill himself.

Society should be ashamed of themselves and all those idiots that can hide behind their computer and say crap like that.

mcgahee21nfl 11-15-2012 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=CP3toOKC;3642169][url=http://hoopshype.com/blogs/sierra/nasty-tweets-royce-white-is-receiving]HoopsHype - Nasty tweets Royce White is receiving[/url]

BEWARE, those tweets are seriously harsh. Feel bad for the man, but getting paid millions must be worth overcoming his anxiety of flying. Either way he knew he must overcome that phobia some day to demonstrate his potential in the NBA.[/QUOTE]

lol @ getting paid millions is [B]worth[/B] overcoming anxiety

are u joking? i'm sure if he could overcome a fear, he would. being afflicted with this fear isn't a choice he made. glad you feel bad for him.... considering you have zero understanding per your post

IowaCubs1 11-15-2012 01:16 PM

Anxiety isn't something you think or fear. Anxiety is a feeling you get. I can't explain for the idiot above but educate yourself ^%]%^{*#

bigcwd2000 11-15-2012 01:28 PM

I am still surprised the Rockets even drafted him. They knew he had this disorder. I hope it works out for Royce White and the Rockets though. No need to be an idiot online and put him down either.

Fraser9698 11-15-2012 01:37 PM

Just awful to see. I have the same disorder as him(take panic attack meds as needed and have learned to control it other than the flying phobia). Once the doctor made it clear that you can control it own my own a light when off inside my head. I have told maybe one of my close friends about the anxiety thing, just because I don't want them spending unnecessary time worrying about me. I live an everyday life and would consider myself 99.7% normal, hell, I'm going to be a firefighter that jumps into burning building with no regrets ---> doesn't scare me one bit. But if I drive by an airport, the butterflies start. It *is* a battle sometimes, but you and only you can overcome it. Seeing that draft video just breaks my heart because that's where I was a few years ago, I owned a business and was under a phenomenal amount of stress and you learn very quicky that you can decide to beat it and swim, or let it control you and sink. I made a decision to swim. Everyone is different in the way that it has certain triggers ---> mine is flying. Hate airplanes, hate them with a passion. It's the only part of this that I haven't defeated and will take care of it over the next year. Royce needs to take some time off and just get away from everything for a while. His mind is so overwhelmed right now that he needs to get away somewhere for a couple weeks and relax before he keeps having these breakdowns more frequently. This whole thing is far more than him being a primadonna/soft.

All of this is probably TMI for this board. I felt it needed to be said to help some people understand that it can control your life if you let it. Wish there was some way I could come in contact with Royce and maybe talk him down by sharing my experiences with him and the steps that I took to overcome them. I can go into details(didn't want to write a novel) if needed but the similarities of the things we've been through in life and our 'triggers' are almost uncanny.

wesnilevirus 11-15-2012 05:17 PM

Does anybody have any info as to how the Rockets are not (at least from Royce's perspective) accommodating him? There is nothing to be ashamed about with respect to having a mental illness, but I am very interested in learning how much "accommodating" he is asking for. I have a feeling it is more than just avoiding air travel when possible.

Quigley24 11-15-2012 08:01 PM

After all this I hope he's traded to another team that does accommodate his needs and GOES OFF!

gamboooler 11-15-2012 08:12 PM

I said it before, and I'll say it again... the NBA just isn't for this guy. It sucks for him, but it's reality.

StraightCash 11-15-2012 08:23 PM

Both Royce and the Rockets knew what they were getting into.

ninjacookies 11-15-2012 08:41 PM

[QUOTE=StraightCash;3648266]Both Royce and the Rockets knew what they were getting into.[/QUOTE]

This.

Sucks, because he has very high potential in the nba.

My ex suffered from anxiety/severe panic attacks, and let me tell you...it's no joke. There were times I literally had to hold her hard for half an hour while she took her meds in order for her symptoms to subside and her not having to feel like she was dying. For her, her triggers were completely random too, and I always feared it would happen while she was driving or in a dangerous situation. I never understood it or thought it was a 'big deal' until I met her...but it's scary to see someone just sitting there shivering and completely 'closed out' to the rest of the world, even loved ones.

I honestly don't think he'll pan out in the nba due to this reason, probably the worst line of business to be in with his type of condition. Probably not gonna get any better either, as he has access to all the best psychiatrists/doctors in the world and it doesn't look like it's helping.

ninjacookies 11-15-2012 08:45 PM

Oh yeah, she kind of put it in perspective for me one time. She said, 'what is one of the worst fears/phobias you have?'

I said 'spiders.'

She said, okay...then picture yourself being unwillingly covered with spiders for a few minutes...and multiply that sensation by a million.

fuuuuuuu-

Fraser9698 11-15-2012 08:58 PM

[QUOTE=ninjacookies;3648391]This.

Sucks, because he has very high potential in the nba.

My ex suffered from anxiety/severe panic attacks, and let me tell you...it's no joke. There were times I literally had to hold her hard for half an hour while she took her meds in order for her symptoms to subside and her not having to feel like she was dying. For her, her triggers were completely random too, and I always feared it would happen while she was driving or in a dangerous situation. I never understood it or thought it was a 'big deal' until I met her...but it's scary to see someone just sitting there shivering and completely 'closed out' to the rest of the world, even loved ones.

I honestly don't think he'll pan out in the nba due to this reason, probably the worst line of business to be in with his type of condition. Probably not gonna get any better either, as he has access to all the best psychiatrists/doctors in the world and it doesn't look like it's helping.[/QUOTE]

Yes...panic attacks are the absolute worst feeling in the world. They key is to convince yourself it is not that bad when you feel the symptoms coming on.

ninjacookies 11-15-2012 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=Fraser9698;3648538]Yes...panic attacks are the absolute worst feeling in the world. They key is to convince yourself it is not that bad when you feel the symptoms coming on.[/QUOTE]

Yep, exactly. But I guess that's a lot easier said than done when your whole body is tensing up and heart rate is through the roof : /

Twinsfan33 11-16-2012 01:12 AM

This is just sad...I feel really bad for him. Don't know the full details but people shouldn't be this mean to the dude...smh

justdagoodstuff 11-16-2012 02:19 AM

Unfortunately we have a rather huge abundance of ignorance in our society. People like that post the stuff they do out of pure ignorance and to make themselves feel better about themselves in some capacity. Their own insecurities are just lashing out that's all ;)

For him to come out and talk about it putting it on the publuc eye makes him strong actually, and not a b1tch as one of the real einsteins on there referred to him as. It's a tough condition. I'd almost like to see each and every one of them have to expierence it on an everyday basis to see what it's truly like. The ironic part is, odds are most of them could not handle it.

CP3toOKC 11-16-2012 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=mcgahee21nfl;3645789]lol @ getting paid millions is [B]worth[/B] overcoming anxiety

are u joking? i'm sure if he could overcome a fear, he would. being afflicted with this fear isn't a choice he made. glad you feel bad for him.... considering you have zero understanding per your post[/QUOTE]

No offence to the community that knows of the disorder or knows someone with it. This is regarding White's future career.

He knew this is day is coming, but he hasn't improved going about it? Realistically think about it, you think the Rockets organization would cater to player who can't compete at a NATIONAL level? They did accommodate him with a therapist and bus traveling, but you can't go across the nation in a bus taking you there to every single game, not to mention Toronto games. With all the resources he can now access more than ever before, he should take advantage of that but he decides to go to social media and vent his frustration against the Rocket organization which is a big mistake. His NBA career would never take off if he stays the way he is now.

murrke03 11-16-2012 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=CP3toOKC;3650972]No offence to the community that knows of the disorder or knows someone with it. This is regarding White's future career.

He knew this is day is coming, but he hasn't improved going about it? Realistically think about it, you think the Rockets organization would cater to player who can't compete at a NATIONAL level? They did accommodate him with a therapist and bus traveling, but you can't go across the nation in a bus taking you there to every single game, not to mention Toronto games. With all the resources he can now access more than ever before, he should take advantage of that but he decides to go to social media and vent his frustration against the Rocket organization which is a big mistake. His NBA career would never take off if he stays the way he is now.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he ever said he wanted to take a bus to every single game, across the whole country. I read that he wanted to take a bus if it was possible but he would fly if needed be.

There really isn't anything saying all the details of both sides. I would be intereted in seeing that and actually what each side wants.