Blowout Cards Forums
Blowout Remix

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Realistic price on this Durant Exquisite?

Seems to me that everyone who owns one of these thinks its worth a ton of money? There are 2 listed on Ebay both sellers are being Crazy with there prices! One guy told me he's turned down $3,500.. This card isn't considered to be an actual RC right?

Old 11-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've been out of serious Durant collecting for a few months, but I know when I was rolling, I wouldn't have paid anywhere near $3500 for that one. I'd rather have the base /99 (even with a 1-color), Number Pieces, Autograph Patches, and Limited Logos than that card.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
I've been out of serious Durant collecting for a few months, but I know when I was rolling, I wouldn't have paid anywhere near $3500 for that one. I'd rather have the base /99 (even with a 1-color), Number Pieces, Autograph Patches, and Limited Logos than that card.
Some of these people and there prices are just stupid..
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

This tells me there's no rich, OCD/hoarder high end collectors out there, otherwise these cards would be gone!

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismiller81 View Post
It was always kind of humorous to me to see all the BINs on high-end Durant sit there forever, then an auction would come along and go for a fraction of their bottom line. Not faulting them at all, because it's their stuff and their price, and Durant has been on a pretty solid upward trend. Absolutely go for it. But I agree with your assessment.

There's one guy selling a Durant RPA now who, over a year ago, told me I could either pay X, or he was going to "sell it at the shop tomorrow." I asked him the next day if he sold it, and he said yes. Yet, here we are, and he still has it. I get negotiating tactics, but outright lying is just stupid.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

I bet its between 3k-3.5k

Its his rookie year and only year of exquisite. Next to his RC and LL, this is the best card you can have of Durant in my opinion (and more limited than both I believe)

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Seller is a member here - just an FYI.
burke23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
I bet its between 3k-3.5k

Its his rookie year and only year of exquisite. Next to his RC and LL, this is the best card you can have of Durant in my opinion (and more limited than both I believe)
Either the market for Exquisite has taken off ridiculously, or your estimate is way off.

I think I remember these selling for around $700, nobody really wanted them as they weren't his actual RC.

I sold my Jordan one last year for $1600-ish. Apparently that is now $2-3k, the Durant is numbered higher and still not Jordan level, despite being his rookie year.
I'd say that this KD is worth anywhere from $1200-1800, depending on what the market has actually done. Personally, I wouldn't even pay near that, despite them being beautiful cards.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Nobody in their right mind would sell this for $1200-1800 right now. Should fetch an easy $2500 at least.

I collect mostly Kevin Durant!
toxicboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicboy27 View Post
Nobody in their right mind would sell this for $1200-1800 right now. Should fetch an easy $2500 at least.
Yeah, well, that's an unproven opinion. Unless someone runs one of these at an open and un-influenced auction (does that EVER happen anymore??) we won't know. I just think there's minimal chance of him selling it for anywhere near his asking price, especially when you could conceivably get a Jordan cheaper...
Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Yeah true it's my opinion haha. But seriously there aren't too many KD exquisite auto patches out there whereas Jordan autos have been quietly flooding the market for years now. KD only had exquisite autos in 07-08 so although nobody will argue with you that MJ was the better player, it doesn't mean KD stuff should automatically sell for less.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Didn't the OP say that the guy say he turned down $3,500? So how much is he asking for the card?
Travis590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

That comes from the Exquisite auto box set...
BV is around 1000-1200 I think...
yaoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicboy27 View Post
Yeah true it's my opinion haha. But seriously there aren't too many KD exquisite auto patches out there whereas Jordan autos have been quietly flooding the market for years now. KD only had exquisite autos in 07-08 so although nobody will argue with you that MJ was the better player, it doesn't mean KD stuff should automatically sell for less.
I agree, however these Exclusives have never sold for the same as 'other' Exquisites, despite arguably being better looking. Anything over $2k just seems too much for this card.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

I know what you mean, for the longest time these cards weren't that desirable compared to the other inserts but since then Exquisite prices have skyrocketed. I think people are just buying the brand honestly. The market really really really loves Exquisite. O.o

Last edited by toxicboy27; 11-15-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: added "really really reallly"
Old 11-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

These cards dont fetch as much demand because they arent apart of the regular sets. The only way of getting this card was through the auto box sets inserted. If this card was apart of a larger subset like the LL, you would see this card boogy.

At this price, Id take his RPA over it any day.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Either the market for Exquisite has taken off ridiculously, or your estimate is way off.

I think I remember these selling for around $700, nobody really wanted them as they weren't his actual RC.

I sold my Jordan one last year for $1600-ish. Apparently that is now $2-3k, the Durant is numbered higher and still not Jordan level, despite being his rookie year.
I'd say that this KD is worth anywhere from $1200-1800, depending on what the market has actually done. Personally, I wouldn't even pay near that, despite them being beautiful cards.
Pretty sure the exquisite market has taken off ridiculously.

Maybe Im high (maybe Im not), but to think you can find this card at 1200 just wont happen. I think people have started to look at these things like mini pieces of high end art. MJ, Lebron, Kobe, and soon to be KD are world wide icons. This is KDs rookie year and only exquisite. I think thats why its so much higher than comparable kobe and lebron exquisites since there are more to choose from.

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

I bought one of those for $100 on ebay and flipped it for $175.

Worst card mistake ever for me.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
I bought one of those for $100 on ebay and flipped it for $175.

Worst card mistake ever for me.
Yikes.....

Sorry to hear that
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Buying a card like this would definitely make you cooler!
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

$1500 would be a good price on that one. With the season started now, I don't think $1700-2000 would be too far out of reach. $3500 just ain't happening. The limited logos dont' even sell for that and they are much more popular and better looking.
minnesotachill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismiller81 View Post
It's funny dude cause you overpaid for your EoE LeBron. No one would have paid that for it. So to say that people are stupid for what they want for their cards is absurd. Sellers are cashing in. The buyers are the stupid ones. I'm not calling you stupid. At the end of the day, people will pay what they're willing to pay. And currently it's much more than it was before. Having said that, you can't blame the seller for what he wants for a card.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
These cards dont fetch as much demand because they arent apart of the regular sets. The only way of getting this card was through the auto box sets inserted. If this card was apart of a larger subset like the LL, you would see this card boogy.

At this price, Id take his RPA over it any day.
Exactly, they never sell for HUGE amounts as other Exquisite cards.

Beauty of a card, not $3500 definitely not. $2k on a VERY VERY good day

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #24 (permalink)

lol, it's not a $3,500 card, no way, no how. I personally don't see it even being worth $1,500. I'm sorry, but besides winning the scoring titles, and making it the finals once, what has Durant really done.
justdagoodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaegysaurus View Post
It's funny dude cause you overpaid for your EoE LeBron. No one would have paid that for it. So to say that people are stupid for what they want for their cards is absurd. Sellers are cashing in. The buyers are the stupid ones. I'm not calling you stupid. At the end of the day, people will pay what they're willing to pay. And currently it's much more than it was before. Having said that, you can't blame the seller for what he wants for a card.
I do agree, something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, however, someone does have the right to say something is way overpriced when it is. And in this case, that is NO $3,500 card. Dude said he was offered $3,500, sure he was lol, sure he was. That's really just an attempt to trick a potential naive buyer into thinking "oh! oh! wow! I better offer him more!" lol. That's all that was. And while I am sure there are some who will and do fall for that tactic, there are also just as many who see right through it

Last edited by justdagoodstuff; 11-16-2012 at 02:40 AM.
justdagoodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote