Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/)
-   -   Received Damaged Slabs - Question (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/399472-received-damaged-slabs-question.html)

blastman 11-16-2012 02:16 PM

Received Damaged Slabs - Question

Won 5 auctions over a month ago from seller listed to be in Spain, but shipped from Hungry apparently. Paid $20 shipping because this was the seller's request in the listings for items won over $50. Total was around $250 in items. 3 slabs, 2 raw cards. I pickup the package today after a month. You would think the $20 would have been the expedited shipping cost (not).

All 3 slabs are cracked and have pieces missing now because all the cards were rubber banded together in a flimsy over-sized bubble mailer. So these cards were banging around getting the cases busted.

Thank god there's a big show in town this weekend and I can bring these to get re-slabbed tonight.

I sent the seller a message about the condition of the items and my displeasure in their packaging since items are damaged, shipping time and cost. I expect them to pay for the cost of the reslab and at least refund me some of my shipping costs. I want these cards, but the irresponsibility of this seller is absurd.

If they refuse to make good, what should I do?

rudyjustinfarrell 11-16-2012 02:19 PM

You need to communicate with the seller. If they are not willing to offer a partial refund, then your only recourse is to send them back and get a refund.

fullmetal 11-16-2012 02:26 PM

I received cracked slabs this week too.

I dislike even scratches on the cases. Why do people toss them around, letting them get scratched up and why do people put no effort into shipping them? They crack much easier than a top loader. I've even received cracked ones from BGS. They need to package them in a large, more protected box.

paul06901 11-16-2012 02:52 PM

[QUOTE=fullmetal;3651725]I received cracked slabs this week too.

I dislike even scratches on the cases. Why do people toss them around, letting them get scratched up and why do people put no effort into shipping them? They crack much easier than a top loader. I've even received cracked ones from BGS. They need to package them in a large, more protected box.[/QUOTE]

I ship all of my single-sale graded cards in Priority Small Flat Rate boxes. First in a graded card sleeve, then in a bubble mailer, then in the box with peanuts to keep it from shaking around. It's basically bulletproof!

Got my 40 card order from BGS. Two boxes jam-packed with no padding, some crumpled newspaper to fill the extra space, then both small boxes just thrown in a FedEx flat rate box. They shook around like crazy ... I was astonished to pull the cards out undamaged!

Really a shame for a company to put so little effort into one of their biggest processes...

fullmetal 11-16-2012 03:45 PM

[QUOTE=paul06901;3651867]I ship all of my single-sale graded cards in Priority Small Flat Rate boxes. First in a graded card sleeve, then in a bubble mailer, then in the box with peanuts to keep it from shaking around. It's basically bulletproof!

Got my 40 card order from BGS. Two boxes jam-packed with no padding, some crumpled newspaper to fill the extra space, then both small boxes just thrown in a FedEx flat rate box. They shook around like crazy ... I was astonished to pull the cards out undamaged!

Really a shame for a company to put so little effort into one of their biggest processes...[/QUOTE]

My last order was two small boxes that they literally taped together end-to-end to make a longer box. I believe the boxes are the orginal ones they receive the slabs from the manufacturer, or they are made specifically for the slabs.

The problem with the above method is that no padding is around them. One drop of the box and the corners are goners.

The two slabs I received this week from ebay were cracked in bubble mailers. [B]Your method is the way to go. I commend you for making the extra effort.[/B] A single, small bubble mailer just doesn't protect a BGS case. A little pressure on the mailer and the case cracks or chips.

blastman 11-16-2012 04:03 PM

Here's how the conversation is going. Looks like he's going to get 5 negative feedbacks from me.

[QUOTE]I picked up the package from the post office just now. All of the graded cases are either cracked or broken in some way. For being such expensive items, they were very poorly packaged for international shipping. I have to have these graded cards re-cased now, which will cost approximately $10 each. I don't understand why this cost me $20 additional shipping, especially since it took an entire month to receive, on top of it, the items are damaged. This could have been avoided with proper packaging. I don't expect to pay for this damage out of my own pocket. Please respond. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]hi,honestly i dont understand how is that possible....i put the cards into bubble mailer.....that's how everybody does it....specially a bgs graded card is impossible to damage....unless somebody's been jumping on them....but i don't think i have anything to do with that....

- delidelmar[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]There was no care taken in packaging these items. The cards are not damaged, the cases are cracked and broken into pieces. Now I have to pay to have these cards re-cased because you didn't take the time to ensure safe arrival, halfway around the world. So yes, you have everything to do with them being damaged. [/QUOTE]

fullmetal 11-16-2012 07:27 PM

That is unfortunate. In addition the transaction was international, which will cost you a nice chunk to return with signature confirmation.

I faced/face a similar eBay problem in July. I purchased ten Exquisite cards and paid $25 for postage from Canada. The cards arrived quickly, but within a huge bubble mailer and only protected by penny sleeves. These cards just bounced and slid around the mailer.

I contacted the seller and he pawned the problem off on me and when I contested he became rude and harassing. I filed a claim and eBay required me to pay for the return postage with signature confirmation. The quoted cost was around $50 to return. I paid $215 for the ten cards. I didn't trust the guy would play fair if I returned them, so I simply ate the loss. I was out at least $165 no matter what I chose. I feared I would get screwed out of all of it and wouldn't even have the bum cards. The fraud ended up winning.

I filed a claim with my credit card which has a consumer protection. I won my case after providing them what they needed.

Three months later the guy contacted paypal and filed a bogus claim against me. My paypal has been frozen for a month.